Skip to toolbar

Everything Okay? (Heather/Startled)

Forums WindClan WindClan Camp Everything Okay? (Heather/Startled)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Missa
    Participant

Heatherpetal

It had been a couple of wild few days, the Gathering was quite an experience. Heatherpetal had stayed with Breezehowl the whole time as they spoke with some warriors and smiled widely when Hailgaze was announced was Windclan deputy and the news that his sons were born, she would go visit Tinyflame and the kits and her little nephews almost daily and she thought the little toms were quite adorable, Daykit and Pinekit would climb on her and she would slowly walk around the nursery as they were giggling that they were being given a free ride.

Her rose gold patches shined in the sunlight as she walked through the clearing as she looked around for any of her family members. She knew her little siblings were out training, and she heard from Breezehowl that their mother brought in some rouge that was injured from a fox attack a couple of days ago, so she would catch her mother going into the medicine cat den to see how her guest was doing. The light molly didn’t really care at the moment for the guest, she was more invested with starting her life as a warrior.. But she would see how this tom was since her mother seemed to check up on him a lot, Heatherpetal knew her mother was very sweet and caring towards everyone. Ever since Goldenrose’s second litter became apprentices and the death of Wolfstar, it probably felt nice for her mother to have some kind of company.

“Startledcrow.” Heatherpetal suddenly said as she went towards the fresh kill pile and grabbed a small rabbit, she knew the former medicine cat as he was previously mates with her sister, Willowfur. She noticed he didn’t seem well lately and the molly wanted to make sure he was okay. The young warrior caught him sitting near the corner and she bounded towards him and dropped the rabbit in front of his paws

“Hey Startledcrow, I bought you something to eat. I’m assuming you met our new guest at the medicine cat den already?” She questioned as she sat nearby him and watched him carefully.

Feared
    Participant

Startledcrow

WindClan Elder

Miserable. That’s all he felt beside the ever growing annoyance of Thistleheart constantly chatting his ear off that he was needed elsewhere. What much could he do as a blind cat? It took him ages to figure out his balance with one good eye and he had been born that way! Since birth he had always been sensitive to StarClan, one of the reasons that Nettlenose had set her sights upon him. But he never could’ve imagined that when he was given a second chance at life that StarClan could be so cruel. Willowfur had trailed away from him and found herself a more capable tomcat, while his children avoided him and kept to their mother as a way to rebel. Which in a way suited him just fine, he wasn’t easy to talk to and StarClan be damned. What bothered him the most was his left eye going bad after all of this, taking away something precious. His job within the clan.

Now he was given an elder status and it was a stab to both his heart and ego. But it had been the right decision, he couldn’t distinguish between certain scents fully and he knew that could have dire consequences. Laying at the edge of the clearing, he was soaking up the sunlight, his dark grey striped pelt heating up. But his mind was elsewhere. Ever since his left eye went sightless, he couldn’t see the physical world but he could see StarClan. Although Thistleheart seemed to be the only one he could actually hear. I still don’t understand why you are ignoring me. It down right frustrates me that you won’t at least wonder around the moor. You know the land! Thistleheart raged but Startledcrow ignored his brother, twitching his ear for a moment as his eyes moved towards the nursery as he watched a large brown and white warrior that kept visiting a particular queen. “Ever wonder if Tinyflame notices when Owlbelly goes to visit?” Startledcrow muttered softly while Thistleheart stared at his brother with an indifferent look. Im going to claw your ears. Thistleheart decided while Startledcrow snorted lightly.

The sound of paws getting closer caught his attention, causing Startledcrow to zone out the land of the dead and focus on who was disturbing him. “Get lost.” He grumbled, his deep voice cracking from not having drank anything all day. Although the sound of something plump falling against the ground perked his interest, paw reaching out as he touched the rabbit and grumbled as he dragged it closer to him. “Now get lost.” He smiled cheekily but was bothered when Heatherpetal decided to speak. “I’ve had enough of Wolfstar kits, buzz off.” He grumbled sourly, looking away from her as he preoccupied himself with the rabbit at his chest. However, Heatherpetal didn’t seem bothered by his foul mouth, instead she sat down. He could feel her eyes on him and he couldn’t help but arch an eyebrow. So she wanted to know about the newcomer? “Oh, he’s a hoot. Real she-cat magnet.” Startledcrow snorted softly as he looked at Heatherpetal and gave her a pointed look. “Keep me out of family bullshit. Goldenrose simply helped the Tom into camp. Bug her about him.” He shrugged and leaned back as he let out a soft huff, his appetite leaving him suddenly.

Missa
    Participant

Heatherpetal

The light molly narrowed her eyes a bit at Startledcrow as she watched him for a moment. Heatherpetal knew he could be erm.. Difficult. But he was Goldenrose’s friend, and she knew that the former medicine cat could use some company even if he wanted nothing to do with anyone. No one should be alone, even if it was Startledcrow.

“Well, someone woke up on the right side of his nest this morning.” Heatherpetal said with narrowed eyes. But his words didn’t effect her or anger her. Taking a deep breath, her periwinkle eyes looked over at Startledcrow “Need any water with your food? You should really eat, need to keep your strength up and if you want, I can ask my mother if she would join us on a stroll later.” Heatherpetal said, she was going to make sure that Startledcrow was going to at least take a walk outside of camp. The warrior wasn’t going to take no for an answer either, she knew it must have been hard for her former brother in law as Willowfur left and turned her children against their father. Heatherpetal didn’t agree with what her sister was doing, it was quite a bitter thing to do.

“I didn’t know that Wolfstar carried and birthed me too if I’m only being addressed as ‘Wolfstar’s kit'” Heatherpetal said dryly. The molly chose to only cherish the good memories of her father, trying to forget the moments when she knew he wasn’t himself. She was close with her mother and she was mostly worried for her when everything went down.. Huh, to be an apprentice at the time and Heatherpetal should have worried more about crushes or training.. But she was worried about her mother and family, it was probably why she felt like her apprenticeship went by slowly because of all the stress that happened in that time.

“I’m not going to bug her about him, More like question her when she’s free. My other siblings, however, are a different story.. I heard Softpaw gave him a couple of slaps before mother walked in and I’ve never seen that kid look so scared as she came out of the den.” Heatherpetal chuckled as she thought about her little sister, she was quite a character but very judgmental. Heatherpetal stretched for a moment and she felt the sun warming her up, her rose gold patches shining faintly in the light

“Besides, Breezehowl, Wildsong and the little siblings have been bothering her about her new friend.” She snorted as she settled down and was sunning herself, her eyes were closed as she listened to the area around her.

Feared
    Participant

Startledcrow

WindClan Elder

He decided to ignore Heatherpetal’s comment towards his bedside manner, causing the tip of his tail to twitch as he leaned back and slowly licked his lips. He could feel that Thistleheart was looking between both him and Heatherpetal, his ruffled brown tabby fur laying flat against his shoulder blades. I like her. She at least has an idea of what’s good for you. Thistleheart chirped with enthusiasm, which only caused Startledcrow to snicker. “No thank you.” He grumbled, licking his lips. Truth be told he hadn’t been feeling thirsty until she had mentioned water, but he also didn’t want anyone’s pity. He would figure this out himself, StarClan doomed him anyways. Isolating him within his own clan. “Leave your mother out of this. She already drives me insane as it is.” He huffed and closed his blind eyes as he let out an irritable sigh causing Thistleheart to frown as the star dusted tabby looked towards Heatherpetal.

However as she jabbed about the fact she wasn’t only just a Wolfstar kit, he smirked slightly and opened his eyes to glance in her direction. But he saw nothing except darkness. “Well Goldenrose has never given me any problems but your father? He was a thorn in my side.” Startledcrow huffed and it was true her father caused issues for him… but he had also been his close friend. Heatherpetal was rambling which caused his stomach to growl as he tried to focus on anything other than her voice but she was breaking his barriers as he reached a paw out and grabbed the prey she had brought for him. Lowering his head, he nipped the fur away from the leg and bit into the flesh, ripping away the meat and chewing slowly. He had to be careful, not being able to see made him anxious while eating. Swallowing his mouthful, the dark grey striped tabby tom shrugged a shoulder blade. “Your mother can surely be terrifying when she wants to be.” He chose to commented, which was true, there were a few times she chased his tail between his legs.

Although he grunted when she said she didn’t want to get involved as it seemed that her siblings were getting more involved as it were. “You all need a good tail lashing in the least. She’s being kind to the loner and if something happens, then something happens. She’s been bright and cheery here lately, it’s a nice change.” He meowed sternly, glancing towards Heatherpetal while his brother lightly smacked the top of his head for being rude but he didn’t budge. “He hasn’t bothered me and he bugs Quiethawk, so it’s a win, win in my opinion.” Startledcrow grumbled, lowering his head as he continued to nose and bite at the rabbit, ears against his head.

• This reply was modified 6 days, 7 hours ago by Feared.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums WindClan WindClan Camp Everything Okay? (Heather/Startled)