Did Curiosity Kill the Cat? (Kass & Snarls)

Forums ThunderClan ThunderClan Camp Did Curiosity Kill the Cat? (Kass & Snarls)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Feared
    Participant

Snarlingbadger ~ ThunderClan Warrior

Small grunts were escaping the tomcats lips as he slipped from the entrance of the camp, pupils narrowing slightly as his incredibly pale yellow eyes flickered around camp, briefly taking into account who all was around. Not many were laying about, although most of the warriors were out patrolling the borders and hunting for the numerous wounded within ThunderClan. Snarlingbadger hadn’t been present for the battle, but he had been instructed to stay within camp to keep those left behind protected in case the battle broke the borders and led right back to camp. Black furred ears twitched slightly as he listened to the elders gripping about not being tended to by the medicine cat in a few days since the battle had ended, causing him to briefly send a glare their way. Suddenly those hushed little whines grew silent as two elderly she-cats stared up at him as they were caught, causing a snort to leave his white nostrils as he pushed past them. Peachblossom had been occupied since the battle with tending to the wounds here and there around camp, some were more critical than others and besides making sure she ate, Snarlingbadger kept out of her way. She was more than capable to do her job.

Instead the large cat continued to pad deeper into camp, his black and white patched pelt was short but laid back calmly with numerous scarring here and there. The worst being on his face. From the right side of his face on his upper lip down to his throat and chest horrible scars were carved into his skin that would never sport fur. For most of his life his ability to speak had been stolen from him, but with incredibly slow amount of time he was beginning to find his voice once more. Although, he hardly ever spoke. ThunderClan was used to their silent warrior. Dilute blue calico pelt caught his attention as he noticed that Bluefire was out and about, his eyes flickering towards the leaders den as he was reminded that his sister was exhausted from the battle. Hollystar hadn’t looked so good when they had returned from camp, and although he was worried for his littermate, he didn’t bother the she-cat. But Hollystar had wanted to get to know him better, and it couldn’t hurt to ask Bluefire how Hollystar was… she was his sisters mater after all and the deputy.

Large and broad paws easily carried him towards the smaller feline, pale yellow eyes lowering as he dipped his head in a sign of respect. Bluefire wasn’t much for their usual customs but it would not be beaten out of him too easily. “Bluefire.” He greeted, his voice was scratchy and rough but it was step in the right direction. “ShadowClan border secured.” Snarlingbadger informed her, the scent markers had been strengthened and there hadn’t been any sign of ShadowClan patrols so it had been a fairly peaceful patrol. Although he didn’t walk away after giving his short report, instead he used his muzzle to point faintly in the direction of the leaders den. “How’s Hollystar?” Snarlingbadger managed to say, his expression curious but still held a certain seriousness to it.

Tyler
    Participant

Kass was not supposed to be outside, having been den-bound by Peachblossom due to her concussion. At the time the move had been beautiful and well thought out- now her head just hurt and her stomach failed to keep most meals down. Not to mention she was sore in multiple other areas, the base of her tail being the worst of it and aching every-time she so much as shifted her weight. Hollystar had been injured greatly as well and while she felt bad for her mate, it was hard to see past her own injuries while she was still injured. ‘I can’t just be stuck in here all day, I’m going stir crazy’ the deputy had groaned to Peachblossom the day before who had just rolled her eyes and sassed her back. 

But that was a day ago and so far no one had been by to give either of the she-cats medical attention or food. It was a perfect excuse to go outside, Kass had told herself as she made her way to the mouth of the den. All she wanted to do was feel the warm GreenLeaf sun on her back, but when the bright sun hit her eyes she immediately couldn’t help but wince and her head merely pounded more severely. She stood with her eyes wrenched shut for a moment or two before making a quick hobble to the shaded half of the Large Log, regretting the decision to get some sunlight. But there was no turning back now. 

It wasn’t long before the familiar rasp of Snarlingbadger’s hoarse voice graced her ears and she squinted open an eye to look at the black and white tom. She had half a mind to spit something unsavory in the midst of her pain but the gentle reminder of his relation to Hollystar helped her keep her mouth closed. She hummed in greeting to let him continue. ShadowClan’s Border.. she chuckled breathily, “I wouldn’t expect it not to be, nor RiverClan’s. I think.. I think that’s all over for now.” she commented to the tom. ‘Wolfstar got his ego handed back to him, Wisteriastar lost a son.’ she finished over the pounding in her head. 

“She’s.. well, she’s alright I suppose.” Kass responded kindly, trying not to give away that she wasn’t exactly sure herself. “Just tired.” 

Kass wasn’t very well knowledgable about what losing a life would entail, but she suspected it didn’t feel so good. “Say, you’re a senior warrior aren’t you?” She questioned with a tilt of her head. “I have some business I need taken care of and I don’t think I can in this state.”

Feared
    Participant

Snarlingbadger faintly lifted an eyebrow as he noticed that Bluefire appeared rather annoyed but he didn’t say anything as the she-cat seemed to catch herself, her bi-colored gaze seeming to soften ever so slightly. Instead he gave a simple nod to her statement concerning the borders between their neighboring rival clans, causing him to slowly roam his tongue along his front teeth before his pale yellow eyes left Bluefire’s face in order to peer towards that of the den as his deputy spoke about Hollystar. At the mention that perhaps his sister was doing just fine seemed to calm the unease that squeezed at his chest, causing his eyes to close for a moment in relief, clearly unaware that Bluefire was simply speaking to keep the calm on the situation. But it would just have to do, since he wouldn’t dare disturb his sister in order to figure out her situation. “Well, that’s better than I could ask for.” He nodded slightly before he reopened his eyes and turned his head to where he was now gazing questioningly at Bluefire.

Pupils narrowed slightly in thought as he considered what the she-cat could possibly mean by that. “Yes, I am.” He considered, knowing he was a senior warrior and yet he couldn’t help the curiosity that dug at the front of his mind while he tilted his chin and clearly his throat, speaking was bothering him more than he thought it would. “What business exactly?” Snarlingbadger questioned, his long and slim tail moving to where it was now curled over his paws while he watched the she-cat before him with a thoughtful expression.

Tyler
    Participant

The blue diluted calico ignored the tom’s question for a moment, peeking an eye open towards the Elder’s Den where no doubt some old tom was staring both of them down. If Kass could roll her eyes at the moment she would, but instead she opened her maw and snapped her teeth at the older cat to get him to keep walking. The same tom, whose name was Grasstail had interrupted her slumber the night before demanding someone be chosen as an interim-deputy while she and Hollystar were both out of commission. It was in truth something that needed to be done, but it was obvious he was pining for the position himself. 

“How good are you at giving orders…?” she paused in recognition, “Nevermind. Don’t answer that. If you aren’t good, you’re going to get good. I need someone to run this place for the next couple sunrises.. at least until I can open my eyes fully and not wish for death in turn.” The ex-rogue’s whiskers twitched in annoyance, the pounding of her head and tail a constant reminder of how out of commission she truly was. “I’d ask Hawkbite but he’s too young and annoying and all the other contenders are too soft. So you’re it. Deputy,” It didn’t mean to come out as bitter, but it was her position she was signing away. 

“I’m sure this is the best moment of your life, where you’ll finally prove yourself to your clan. Yadda yadda yadda- She hummed with a bored droll, “but if it gets too hard, come talk to me. If you don’t know how to answer something, talk to me. If you run into the foxes in the territory do not engage. Arrange patrols, be on at least two of them yourself a day. Don’t over hunt in the flats, we’re trying to build up the animal density in that area for LeafFall. I need you to go into the apprentice’s den and tell the most injured apprentice that they’re in charge of putting together a group to take care of the Elders every other sunrise.”

Feared
    Participant

He kept himself composed as he watched the she-cat slightly glance over his broad shoulder, her eyes landing upon its target as her expression suddenly hardened. Without turning his head, he could see the pelt of another clanmate from the corner of his eyes from it wasn’t the pelt that told him who it was, but the mere stink. Grasstail was a hungry tomcat that had been pinning for the deputy position for as long as Snarlingbadger could remember but even he was unaware of why the older Tom was stalking their conversation. Snarlingbadger was unable to keep the smirk that rose the corner of his lips as Bluefire snapped her jaws in Grasstail’s direction, she wasn’t a bit soft and it proved useful with that greedy cat. However, he didn’t acknowledge the other Tom as Bluefire finally landed her gaze back upon him but he could note the slight bitterness in her tone. How good are you at giving orders…? Bluefire’s stale question left him confused and surprised at the suddenness of it as a single eyebrow rose in a silent question.

Snarlingbadger wasn’t sure how he felt about being appointed the position of acting deputy, his eyes narrowing slightly as he continued to listen to Bluefire. Of course, Hawkbite was a mighty fine warrior but he was too young to obtain such a position and honestly Snarlingbadger wasn’t exactly sure he was the best fitted for this role until Bluefire and Hollystar were back in operation. He couldn’t help but feel amused when Bluefire continued her rant, but she knew he wasn’t a bit soft, much like herself although cultivated in a different scenery of customs. Slowly he gave a small nod, agreeing with her every order as she laid them out simply and plainly. “Of course, Bluefire. I will see that the tasks get done.” Snarlingbadger nodded, he didn’t bother with thanking her for the position, perhaps it would be too soon to thank her, but she didn’t need it. She already knew what she was doing and how anyone would feel about it. Although, he hesitated as he noticed the irritated twitch of her whiskers and the slight flinch of her tail. “Peachblossom wouldn’t mind to stop by, she’s bossy that way.” He smirked at the thought of his sassy little peach, she was a feisty young thing and honestly she softened his heart.

Tyler
    Participant

“Oh for the love of StarClan, please keep her out of our den please. I just wanna eat and sleep until my head stops feeling as if its’ been rammed into a tree-“ The deputy groaned, “Damn SkyClanners..” She muttered under her breath. A cloud moved across the sky, shadowing the camp briefly in a moments peace from the oppressive heat from the sun. Kass let out a sigh of relief, her eyes relaxing for a moment. 

With a nod at the large warrior she excused herself to make an escape towards the fresh kill pile, nosing around until she found a plump mouse near the center. Wrapping her mouth around its’ base, she tugged it out just in time for the sun to make a reappearance and instantly cause her headache to return in full force. The pressure almost sickening made the deputy stagger to and frow on her trek back to the newest deputy. She dropped the mouse, “And one more thing- make sure someone brings us food tomorrow. Make it someone I can yell at, like an apprentice or something.” and with that the deputy picked up her meal and staggered her way back into her den and leaving the warrior alone. 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums ThunderClan ThunderClan Camp Did Curiosity Kill the Cat? (Kass & Snarls)