Could this be love?

Forums RiverClam RiverClan Camp RiverClan Medicine Den Could this be love?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Peach
    Participant

Hidden beneath the blanket of night always felt more relaxing to the ginger splotched tom cat, it was the time when most others were asleep and he could prowl through the clearing without having to smile at the familiar faces he passed by, putting on airs for his clanmates. His nostrils flaring when the welcomed herbal scent invaded the roof of his mouth, Rainysky, just the thought of the pretty tabby healer sent a warm feeling from his paws to tail tip. Sneaking away into the medicine den had become his favorite hobby and so long as it didn’t seem to be bothering Rainysky he didn’t see any issues with it. At least with this visit one could say he had a liable reason, the muscles on his left shoulder aching, a pink, fleshy, bald stripe running down his shoulder from the encounters with Thunderclan and Riverclan just days prior. 

Blue eyes peered into the entrance to the darkened cave, taking his time for his eyes to adjust to his soon to be surroundings. His paw steps echoing off the cool cave walls as they stepped into the every so shallow stream that ran through the healers home. His fear of swimming was still fresh in his mind, but either way he was Riverclan through and through, just the feeling of the cool sensation under his sore paw pads cold the warriors warming body. The idea of being able to have Rainysky to himself causing his body temperature to slowly rise, it felt like forever since they were able to have alone time since Rainysky had constant flow of patients recently. 

Hole decorating the rooftop of the cave sent beams of moonlight down, offering small glimmers of light. The soft shimmer of the moon’s light encasing the gentle natured medicine cat, Koipetal swallowing the lump that had been forming in his throat, seeing Rainysky causing the normally collected tom to lose his footing. As if he tripped over nothing more than the thick air forming between them, his long limb body landing on the ground with a soft thump. 

“Oh um Hiya Rainysky…” Trying his best to laugh off his little slip up as he looked towards the grey beauty.

Chris
    Participant

At the sound of footfalls in the entrance of his den, Rainysky lifted his head up blinking sleep from his green-blue eyes. He’d drifted off among his herbs again, surrounded by stacks of dried leaves and a few plastered to the flattened side of his face. As his vision came into focus, he frantically began rubbing them off when he realized who his visitor was. 

The kind and handsome Koipetal made him nervous for many reasons. For one, where did he come off looking so built? Then again, as Wisteriastar’s son what other outcome could there have been?

For another, he was always so nice and tolerant of Rainysky. Most cats fount his rigid love of rules and fear of the unknown extremely frustrating. But if Koipetal shared those feelings, he never let it show on his face. The unconditional acceptance was foreign, and therefore unnerving, to the gray tabby tom.

“K-koipetal.” Jaws stifling a yawn, he stood up, shaking out his long shiny fur. “S-sorry, must’ve dozed off…” 

“I suppose you’ve heard, then.” Rainysky lowered his head, as though in shame. “W-we did all we could, luckily she has more lives yet…” Her fourth kit did not. But he bit his lip to keep it from trembling again. Enough tears had been shed already, and crying would not undo the loss.

“S-still, are you h-hurt? L-let me see that,” His gaze zeroed in on the abrasion on his shoulder, and he nimbly approached it so that he was just a whisker away from the other tom. “Y-you should’ve come right away, this could get i-i-infected.” He grumbled crossling, rasping a tongue over it. Luckily he tasted no infection, and in a few minutes the shallow cut was neatly bandaged up with a pinch of poultice.

Peach
    Participant

“I didn’t mean to wake you. Its not good to overwork yourself, Riverclan needs you to be in tip top shape remember.” I need you. A deep chuckle following his words. “Atleast try and make it to your nest next time.”

“You did all you could, she’ll be fine. I’m more concerned about you, it must have been rather shocking.” For Koipetal it didn’t faze him, he had already seen it happen once before. “Please don’t let it bother you too much.” If Koipetal only knew that it was more than just one of Wisteriastars lives that was lost he would have embraced the tom and tried harder to comfort him, but just as the rest of the clan, he was clueless. 

Too close, way too close. Koipetal felt like his heart was going to burst right out of his chest the closer Rainysky got to him. “You already had such a crowded den, i didn’t want to bother you.” I just wanted to be alone with you. “This little thing is noth- ” His words cut short but the feeling of Rainysky tongue rasping over his wound. He knew Rainysky was merely doing his job but he couldn’t stop the shivering running down his spine at his touch.

Koipetal waited contently while the healer worked his magic against the wound on his shoulder. Koipetal wasn’t one for physical contact, in the beginning of their friendship he couldn’t bring himself to do more than nudge Rainysky paw with his nose. He had grown used to the contact with Rainysky now, gently rubbing his head against Rainyskys, “I appreciate it, but I didn’t come here to be healed. Honestly I just really got the urge to see you.” An affectionate smile plaster across his muzzle, his gaze locked on Rainysky.  

Chris
    Participant

Rainysky ducked his head, biting deep into his lip so much so that he tasted coppery blood.

He hated not being able to confide the secrets he held in someone. Sure, there was Saplingskies but the ShadowClan tom was miles away. And Rainysky himself had a bad feeling that he was more a nuisance to the other healer than an equal peer. 

But he’d sworn silence, so it was all he could do to watch his friend wistfully. Supposing at least that this way, fewer cats endured the pain. If he must be a martyr, at least it was for someone kind like Koipetal.

The touch from the other tom felt very nice. It wasn’t as if he had any close kin, or any other cats who would get close to him like this. He’d never realized how much he needed it. 

“I was hoping you’d come by.” He admitted timidly, feeling the other tom’s gaze bore into him in a way that he was not sure how he felt about. “I was so worried during the fight. I worry all the time about my kin, usually, though I doubt they think of me much. But this time you were all I could think about.”

Peach
    Participant

“I didn’t want to fight. Actually I found it kind of pointless but if my family was fighting then it only seemed right that I fight.” The need to comfort Rainysky was almost overwhelming, the healer deserved better than the way his family treated him. If they wouldn’t treat him right Koipetal would make sure he did.“If it means anything to do Rainysky, I think about you, a lot actually.” 

“Rainysky Ive had friends in the past but never ones that make me feel the way you do.” 

“My shoulder hurts a bit, mind if we take a rest while we talk?” Without waiting for an answer the tom began pulling one of the empty nests next to Rainyskys, his paw padding the healers nest, beckoning the medicine cat to it. Koipetal had never felt so alone than when his sister moved her nest next to Sootstain and started spending more time with him, even being surrounded by his clanmates he always felt cold, but being next to Rainysky was warm.

“This whole battle got me thinking about how quickly ones life could end, itd be a shame to go through this short life alone.” Moving his own paw over Rainyskys, his voice quieting as he spoke.

“Rainysky I think I really like you.”

Chris
    Participant

“It’s good you fought for your Clan- I’m sure none of us enjoy battle, but we all have our part to play.” Surmised the smaller tom cat. Though even he had to acknowledge that it was easy enough for him to say when his own role was far less physically dangerous than theirs. But short of begging Koietal as well as everyone he cared about to all become his apprentices, there wasn’t much he could do about it.

Bashfully he obliged, flopping down next to his friend. The second he was off his feet his pads gave a painful throb, almost as if scolding him for neglecting himself. Things had been busier than ever in the wake of the Clan’s first clash in moons. And he found it a comfort to sink into his work, lest his mind drift toward that non-breathing newborn he’d briefly held in his paws.

“I like you too Koipetal! I-Ive never had a best friend before. I hope I’m good at it.” He smiled nervously, eyes closed.

Peach
    Participant

Koipetal couldnt help but smile at the pretty silver toms innocence, part of him wanted to just leave their conversation there but he wanted to, no he needed to make sure Rainysky knew how much he cared about him, tonight, it had to be tonight. The bi colored tom sighed lightly, his expression gentle and filled with love as he locked eyes with the healer. “Rainysky, you’re such a great best friend, and I value your friendship so much but thats…thats not what I meant.”

Koipetal swallowed the dry lump forming in his throat, closing his eyes softly as his nose met Rainyskys cheek, taking a few moments to allow himself to become completely engulfed in the toms scent. “I really like you Rainysky, I mean really really like you.” The tom knew he was laying alot out on the line here and by confessing he was opening himself up for the possibility of being hurt but he needed to do this before it was too late.

Chris
    Participant

Understanding lit in the silver tom’s eyes, finally breaching his denial. He’d known truly what it was Koipetal wanted the first time, but fear had kept his certainty at bay. But it could not serve any longer. He swallowed with difficulty, his mouth suddenly dry, pulling back his gaze averted.

“I’-I’m sorry but.” His voice broke. “I cannot give you what you want, I don’t…see other toms like that.” The lie burned his tongue and yet he uttered it anyways. It may be a falsehood now, but someday he’d make it true. Right..? This was the first step, to deny these urges would deny them any power over him. The path of a true Warrior shimmered before him faintly, he felt as though he were reaching for it, but falling desperately short. He needed to become better. For her. And…for Koipetal too, now.

He turned away to spare the look in his close friends eyes. Of course things had gone sour. When had he ever had someone like him? He needed to become better before he was to deserve someone like Koipetal in his life, even as a friend.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums RiverClam RiverClan Camp RiverClan Medicine Den Could this be love?