Communication? (Golden and Wolf)

Forums WindClan WindClan Camp WindClan Leader’s Den Communication? (Golden and Wolf)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Feared
    Participant

Goldenrose ~ WindClan Queen

Word had been going around that Wolfstar and Nettlenose were to leave the camp, now this she-cat usually didn’t listen to rumors that idly floated through the camp. However, upon seeing Nettlenose tend to her pregnant sister this afternoon, she couldn’t  have helped but notice Nettlenose and Willowfur were having a rather hushed conversation about Nettlenose and Wolfstar leaving to discuss something with the other clans. Leaving? And he hadn’t even come to speak to me? She thought angrily, her tail lashed at the thought of Wolfstar leaving to discuss matters with the other Clans without telling her first that he was doing so. Not that it any of her business, and she didn’t care to make the matter of the visit her business, but Wolfstar was certainly her business. If he was leaving then she should have been told, like any other mate would have done.

Willowfur had been gracious enough to watch her three five Moon old heathens, StarClan help the younger molly but perhaps her troublemakers would help Willowfur understand what she was in for. She was in fact, Wolfstars daughter, perhaps her kids would just as troublesome. Vibrant green eyes narrowed slightly as she eyed the Leader’s Den, stepping carefully as her dainty paws carried her tall and slender form gracefully. However, the fur along the back of her neck and spine were standing upright with irritation. Owlbelly stepped out of the Leader’s den, no doubt he had been told before she had been. Before the two toned male could speak, her ivory lips parted in order her to speak, voice thin. “Move out of my way, Owlbelly.” Was all she had to say for the large and bulky tomcat to move quickly out of her way. Lowering her head, the white and rose gold patched queen slipped through the den, eyes adjusting to the dark surroundings within while her gaze landed upon the dark grey and white form of her mate.

“And when were you going to tell me, you were leaving? Minutes before you walked out of camp?” Goldenrose questioned, lips drawn back from pure irritation while her tail fluffed out. She was neither amused nor satisfied looking upon his dumbfounded expression. “I may not be your deputy or your medicine cat or your daughter. But being close to the last to know, ain’t gonna cut it Wolfy.” She growled, tail lashing out behind her, eyes narrowing upon her prey. Five moons with her rowdy kits, hardly any attention from her mate… did not help this matter.

Wolfstar
    Participant

Wolfstar stared after Owlbelly’s disappearing form from the inside of his den, his blue eyes flashing with anxiety. A murder of ravens swirling around and attacking like a storm. What could that possibly mean? It irritated Wolfstar how cryptic StarClan was when the Clan’s needed them the most. He almost started believing it would have been better if his dead ancestors kept to themselves. Why not let the Clan’s figure their lives out themselves? But he knew that was a thought spawned from his anxieties. Despite their crypticism, StarClan did more good then bad. They gave him nine lives so he would be able to lead his Clan for as long as he could, monitored the gatherings every moon, and let the Clan’s prophecies and visions during times of need. The WindClan leader let out a long and deep sigh. Now that it was planned for he and Nettlenose to visit the leader’s, he needed to tell his beautiful queen.

Wolfstar stood up and took one step forward, but stopped at the sound of Goldenrose’s harsh voice. Oh, great StarClan. He let out an annoyed huff towards himself. He took too long to inform his mate of what was going on and now she was going to storm in and get upset. I should have told Nettlenose to keep her mouth shut until I told her! Wolfstar slowly sat back down and wrapped his tail around his body, waiting for his queen’s entrance. When she finally did, he flattened his ears. Her green eyes flashed with anger along with her tail. Her fur bristled, and it looked like golden leaves prickling on top of a blanket of snow. The way her paws were placed on the ground made the muscles in her legs ripple with each step. No matter how angry she was at him, he still found her shockingly beautiful. Knowing he was taking too long to answer her, he frowned and his eye brows furrowed inwards with guilt. “I’m sorry, my love. I know I should have told you sooner, but I was literally about to head out and explain to you what was going on. I just had Owlbelly in here because he needed to know why I would be gone for the whole day tomorrow, and possibly night.” 

He knew Goldenrose was mostly upset at how little he had been able to be with her. Unlike other male warriors with queens and kits, he was unable to visit the nursery more than once a day, and often he would go in for a quick hello before being called out for something else. “I’m sorry you’ve been cooped up in the nursery with the kits. But they only have one more moon to go before becoming apprentices and then we’ll let them become their mentor’s problems.” His whiskers twitched with amusement at that thought. Their kits were wild. Definitely the wildest of all his litters. He was sure Goldenrose would be glad to finally be rid being around them all day every day. Wolfstar gave his mate a soft look. “Come here.” His tail swept on the ground next to him, inviting his beautiful queen to his side.

Feared
    Participant

Pupils narrowed dangerously into thin slit as she eyed the tomcat, clearly he was reacting accordingly to her flared temper. His ears were drawn back and he kept his mouth shut until she beckoned him to speak his piece. Normally Goldenrose was a soft spoken she-cat, her temper not so easily flared, but tonight seemed to be an exception. She certainly wasn’t liking the way he was taking his time with sorting through his sentence, however the way his eyes raked over her body in an almost hungry like fashion, she silently enjoyed it. Mhm, look all you want. Because I’m fixing to claw out your eyes. She thought fiery, smirking softly when he mentioned that he had only called for Owlbelly to alert him of his leaders coming day trip. “Oh, please. Owlbelly will be stuck up so far Tinyflame’s rear end that he probably wouldn’t have noticed your disappearance.” She snorted, looking away from him in an annoyed manner.

Slowly she released a long pent up sigh, running her tongue over her teeth for a moment before her green eyes slowly glanced towards Wolfstar. No matter how angry she was, he always seemed to be getting more and more handsome. She stayed silent, the thought of her kits leaving her nest both excited her and saddened her. Yes, their litter was absolutely wild.. but she would miss how small they were and their warmth. Kits were innocent wee things. “Having a nest to myself will be nice..” She slowly said; purposively jabbing at her mate. He didn’t seem to catch the bait as his facial expression softened, while she tried to keep her resolve but it was already melting. Wolfstar had a way of calming her down, even with just a certain look and his soothing deep voice. Her eyes followed the movement of his tail as he invited her to sit next to him, her whiskers twitching slightly for a moment before she begrudgingly walked towards him. Slowly she sat down beside of him, keeping an inch between them as she kept her chin pointedly away from looking at his face. “Doesn’t mean you are off the hook.” She grumbled, the tip of her tail twitching while the fur was already beginning to lay flat.

Wolfstar
    Participant

Wolfstar couldn’t help but let out a chuckle at his mate’s comment towards Owlbelly and Tinyflame. It was true that his deputy spent a lot of his time with the molly, but it never affected his job and for that he was grateful. He chose his successor well.

When Goldenrose finally obliged to sit next to him after a few moments of hesitation, Wolfstar’s loving smile never wavered. His ears twitched when she crumbled underneath her breath, and he pressed his nose into her cheek with a purr, breathing in her lovely scent. “Ah, come on. You can’t be upset with me for too long. I’m too handsome!” He puffed out his chest and furrowed his eyebrows to look tougher, but it instead made him look a little silly.

It felt good to joke around with his mate. The past two days had been stressful for him with the omen and death of his former apprentice. That hit him hard. He truly believed Thistleheart could have been Owlbelly’s deputy once Wolfstar was gone. But he died a warrior’s death: saving an apprentice from an eagle. Wolfstar pulled his muzzle back from Goldenrose, searching her face to see if there were any traces of anger still left in her. “The leader’s queen can’t be too upset with him. The Clan looks up to you to keep them calm too.” He rasped his tongue over her cheek. “And there’s a lot going in right now.

Feared
    Participant

Despite the fact that she was greatly irritated with Wolfstar, she didn’t pull away from him when he tenderly pressed his nose against her cheek, the soft warmth that radiated from his muzzle was silently comforting as she allowed a small sigh to slip past her lips. He had done it again, lowered her defenses and vaporized her anger. As he boasted about the fact that she couldn’t stay upset with him for too long, her vibrant green eyes flickered towards as she eyed him for a moment before a small half smile found its way along her beautiful face. “I guess it’s a good thing that your ugly.” Goldenrose teased her mate, rolling her bright green eyes before looking back to him to see that his chest was puffed out. “Silly tom.” She whispered softly, the half smile still on her face.

She noticed the change in his expression as he searched her own face, his defenses lowering as he truly sought out to see if she was upset with him, his words caused her heart to skip as she was reminded that she was indeed his mate, she cared little for the title. Although she was not the leader, he was right, a lot of females and their younger generation would go to her with questions and concerns. Keeping the peace and calm within the clan whenever she could was her given duty with being the leaders mate. “I’m not mad.. just upset.” She admitted, allowing him to lick her cheek as a small purr was emitted from her vocal cords. “Wolfstar, I know our communication hasn’t been great since I’ve had the kits. But being close to the last to know within the clan of a little bit of what’s going on with you.. that’s like hearing I was in the medicine cat den with free cough, two days after being dragged in there.” She explained to her mate, long tail gently curling around his broad back. These past few days had been hard on everyone, Thistleheart had left behind a large void within their hearts, especially Wolfstar’s. Slowly she leaned forwards and gently pressed her forehead against his large shoulder, nostrils flaring as she breathed in his scent. “Do you have to go?” Goldenrose asked in a small voice, the last time Wolfstar had been with another Clan, he had lost a life while searching their own territory. She couldn’t afford such a blow to her heart.

Wolfstar
    Participant

Even though he tried to keep the conversation light, he knew he couldn’t dismiss Goldenrose’s feelings. He gave her his full attention, nodding his head as she spoke. He knew he wasn’t being the best mate to her with all the drama happening around them. It was hard for him to be able to put aside his duties and be a mate and father, but he knew he needed to figure it out. Goldenrose couldn’t possibly stay happy with someone who gave her and the kits so little attention. “I’m sorry, Goldenrose, you’re right. I haven’t been the best at communicating with you and I’ll get better, I promise.” He looked in her eyes so she knew he was telling the truth, and he rasped his tongue over her forehead when she leaned into his shoulder. Maybe it’s time I start giving Owlbelly a little more responsibility so I don’t have to handle everything on my own. Wolfstar had begun realizing he only five out of nine lives left, and he lost the first four in just five seasons. That wasn’t a great record…

At Goldenrose’s beg, he stopped licking. “Yes,” he said, almost regretfully. “It’s important.” Suddenly, he found himself talking and unable to stop. “Nettlenose came to me a little earlier and told me she had an omen from StarClan. A swarm of ravens were attacking her like a storm. She felt the word ‘death’ around her and the birds wouldn’t stop. I was the one who realized a group of ravens is called a ‘murder’. She also said it has to do with all the Clans, not just ours. She looked so shaken up, Goldenrose. Sometimes, it’s hard to have a daughter as a medicine cat because I know how terrifying some warnings from StarClan can be, and knowing she goes through that sometimes kills me. So, I’m going to the Clan’s tomorrow morning to warn the leader’s of Nettlenose’s vision and to see if they have any idea on what it means.” The leader let out a big breath, feeling relieved to get that off his chest. His mate was the one he trusted the most in this world, and he knew if he asked her to keep it a secret then she would. “I don’t want the rest of the Clan to know yet. We don’t know what it means so I didn’t want to bring fear to the rest of them.

Feared
    Participant

She quietly hopes and prayed that he simply wasn’t giving her an empty promise just to please her. His eyes seemed so attentive when she spoke and his expression was soft and comforting, which gave her some hope that he truly meant what he said. “I’ll hold you to it.” She sighed softly, still not completely convinced but for now she would allow this to slide. Like usual. Perhaps her sister was right, maybe she needed to have a bit of a backbone when it came to the tomcat, show him tough love. However, she wasn’t able to bring herself to do so, instead she preferred not to have any fights with her mate, but her feelings couldn’t have been ignored this time. Goldenrose stayed silent as he rasped his tongue over her forehead, sighing softly once more as she found that her beg had been futile. She obviously couldn’t keep him from performing his leadership duties, but she could at least try to keep her mate save.

Slowly she leaned back from his shoulder in order to look at his face as he began to spew his thoughts, chin tilting slightly as she soaked up his every word. Clearly her mate was troubled by this vision, and it seemed he had good reason to be. Murder… She thought silently for a moment, giving her whiskers a twitch before she cleared her throat. “It does seem important. But take at least another Warrior or so with you. Two very important cats going to different clans right now with the tensions so high between the clans.. it doesn’t seem safe.” Goldenrose slowly spoke, looking at her mate with a worried expression before she gave a small nod. “Yes, of course. I won’t say anything.” She sighed softly, looking away from him for a moment as she gazed thoughtfully at the wall of the den. These meetings were serious, what could StarClan have possibly foretold?

Wolfstar
    Participant

Wolfstar hesitated, thinking about his mate’s request. While it seemed like a fair demand, he already knew he wouldn’t be taking another cat with them. Both he and Nettlenose decided it best to keep it between them and the Clan leaders. This vision was not something to be taken lightly, and he didn’t want any of his Clanmates to know of it for the time being. Taking another Clanmate ran the risk of it spreading by way of gossip. “As of right now, no one has any tensions with WindClan that I know of. At the Gathering, it seemed most of the leaders were focused on ThunderClan and their new…deputy.” Wolfstar snorted. He hated using the word “deputy” for Kass. At their last meeting, Hollystar told him she gave Kass the name Bluefire, but she had continued to use the name Kass throughout the rest of their conversation. That proved to him that Kass didn’t take her new name, or rank, seriously, and neither did the rest of ThunderClan. 

Wolfstar rasped his tongue over Goldenrose’s forehead. “I can’t risk the possibility of Nettlenose’s vision going around here. Anyways, if we run into trouble, I can handle Nettlenose and I.” He knew this wouldn’t make his mate feel any better about it, but he wasn’t going to change his mind. To him, keeping this secret safe was most important to him. It was his job to keep his warrior’s from worrying and stressing over something he didn’t understand quite yet. The long-furred tom sighed and pressed close to Goldenrose. “I’m…I’m sorry you have to stress about me, and stress about what’s going on. I know being my mate probably isn’t easy, and I haven’t been the best communicator. I promise that will change, and I will be here for you and listen more as well. But I can’t take anyone else with Nettlenose and I. I feel it in my gut to keep it a secret. StarClan was too…vague…which means there’s more to come soon, and I need to figure out how to prepare for that. I’ll need your help too.” Goldenrose was his rock. She kept him grounded and strong. But if she doubted him, or was upset with him for too long, then it was harder for him to do his job. Her support meant more than anything to him.

Feared
    Participant

Pupils narrowed slightly when she noticed that Wolfstar hesitate, his muscles tending for a brief moment before he forced himself to relax in order to keep her calm. However, his deep blue eyes already betrayed the fact that he wouldn’t be listening to her request. She smirked when he began to talk, Wolfstar always when about things the long way when he was trying to avoid the actual topic at hand, giving her a long range of excuses for why he was deciding not to bring a warrior along. “Mhm.” She snorted, rolling her eyes to the ceiling before she looked away from the tomcat, she really didn’t have a thought formed upon Kass, besides the fact that she was incredibly rude and reckless. She didn’t like how her mate and Owlbelly were easily ruffled by the mere mention of the molly, it lead to other issues. “Well for Nettlenose’s sake I hope you don’t greet the ThunderClan deputy with that attitude.” She was clearly referring to his snort and the disgusted like expression that colored his facial features. How charming. She thought to herself, the tip of her long tail twitching with annoyance.

As his tongue rasped over her forehead, she knew he was getting her ready to receive the blow, ears flattening back against her crown as her mate trying his best to reassure her that he would be fine with just himself and Nettlenose. Vibrant green eyes flared as she stared at Wolfstar, the ignorance that he was spewing was damn right frustrating. Yes, she could see that he wanted to keep the vision a secret, but her mate certainly wasn’t getting any younger and Nettlenose was rather useless when it came to fighting. Visiting all four rival clans and he didn’t think he would be wise to bring at least one Warrior. “Well at least you are leaving behind a deputy and a fully trained medicine cat. They’ll surely be useful.” She growled, her annoyance reaching the roof while her pupils narrowed as he pressed closer to her, almost tempted to pull away from him. She looked away from him as he spoke, although she was silently soaking in his every word. Her rose gold and white painted fur was standing on end from her irritation, but for the most part she was keeping her cool long to stay sitting beside of him. “What help could I possibly give you, Wolfstar? You couldn’t even come and tell me any of this was happening.” She exasperated, searching his face before she shook her head and looked away from him.

Wolfstar
    Participant

Wolfstar narrowed his eyes. Goldenrose didn’t seem to be any less upset with him. If anything, she was more upset by his answers. He frowned and stepped away from her to pace, slowly padding back and forth between one end of his den to the other. What was he doing so wrong? He snapped his head up and blinked at Goldenrose. “I know how to handle myself in front of other cats, Goldenrose,” he meowed back. “Although, I can’t say the same for Kass who got in my face at the Gathering. What kind of warrior jumps on the leaders’ boulder and gets in a leader’s face?” He shook his head and continued pacing. How was it that even his mate was disagreeing with him? If Goldenrose wasn’t happy with his decisions, was the whole Clan upset with how he ran things? Am I not being a good leader?

Wolfstar slowly padded to a stop and looked out towards the entrance of his den. Did StarClan make a mistake when they agreed to make him leader and give him nine lives? Now isn’t the time to doubt myself. He turned back around and faced his mate. “I didn’t tell you about it until now because it just happened not too long ago. I had to make the plans with our medicine cat and then process what I learned. Once I finalized our decisions, I called Owlbelly in here to tell him he was going to be in charge of the camp while I’m gone. I was literally headed out of my den to tell you what was going on when you stormed in demanding why I didn’t tell you.” It took a lot for Wolfstar to be upset. He wasn’t angry at the moment, but he was getting a little frazzled, and he hated that he was doubting himself as a leader from Goldenrose’s anger about not bringing another warrior with him. “I’m not that old, Goldenrose. I can handle myself. I’m just as strong, and my mind is just as sharp. I’m still training apprentices, for StarClan’s sake! Just because I’m the oldest of the leader’s doesn’t make me old. StarClan won’t welcome me for a long time yet, and I wouldn’t put myself in a situation where I might lose a life. Not again.” 

The only time he had put himself in a situation where he lost a life was after Cremefur’s death. He let himself drown in his own grief that he was unable to eat, drink, or have the will to live. When he met with StarClan after the death, he regretted not being there for his Clan when they needed him. He had to be strong. Wolfstar vowed to never again let himself be put in harms way, or get so into his feelings that he couldn’t think clearly. He stared at Goldenrose, wondering how she was going to handle his somewhat snappy comments.

Feared
    Participant

She bit back her smirk when Wolfstar stared at her with mild surprise when his half-assed calming technique was clearly not working on her tonight. Lifting her chin up just a touch higher as she stared after him as he pulled away from her and began to pace, which did warrant a furry eyebrow to rise as she watched the tomcat. Had she ever seen him actually pace? No matter, she truly wasn’t in the mood to dwindle in such thoughts tonight, she was done with being put on the last of his ‘to do’ list. When he looked at her, his tone was slightly bitter although his expression held no regard to his tone, while she simply half rolled her eyes. “You all keep comparing that she-cat to a Warrior. She’s isn’t a Warrior. She’s a rogue that enjoys having a mate and bossing others around, she’s no longer alone in the world.” She smirked as she shrugged in regards to Kass, that she-cat was not truly on her mind nor did she care to think about her.

His tone was getting snippier and snippier by the minute, causing her ears to rotate to where they were facing the wall behind them, lowering faintly to give her a pissed off expression. Wolfstar and Goldenrose were naturally good natured and warm to the core of their very being. However, a spark had lit itself within her chest and she found she was unable to quench the rising anger at his words. “Oh, well forgive me, for storming into your den, almighty leader.” She growled, pupils narrowing into slits as she watched him, tail lashing out behind her slim figure, dancing wildly behind her. “Perhaps I’ll let another poor soul give a rats ass.” She cursed, the fur running along her spine beginning to bristle as she slowly pushed herself up into a standing position as he spoke about how he wouldn’t allow himself to loose another life with being reckless.

“Don’t make empty promises, Wolfstar. You can be reck-less and disregard your own safety. Just because you have extra life’s does not mean you have to be the first one to go head first into everything!” She yelled, her voice rising with each word while her tail lashed out angrily. Goldenrose took a step forward and then another, eyes narrowing and muscles tense. Would she hit him? No of course not.. right? Her temper was flared as she stared at his face, eyeing his expression. “You aren’t just a leader of a clan. You are a mate and a father as well. In case you needed reminding.” Her tone was softer now, but her eyes were still ablaze as she slowly walked towards the exit of the den.

Wolfstar
    Participant

Wolfstar’s muscles went rigid. His claws slowly dug into the earth below him, sinking underneath the cold dirt. His blue eyes narrowed as Goldenrose defended Kass’ behavior, then stormed up to him with her own claws unsheathed, and her neck fur bristling. Wolfstar didn’t like this. He was now beginning to fume, his eyes narrowed with anger. How was she not seeing things the way he was?

The more she spoke, the more upset he became, and he turned his head away from her when she got close. The last thing he wanted to do was look her in the eyes. After her last snappy comment, he heard her turn towards the exit of his den. “Stop!” He said. If the Clan saw Goldenrose stomping out of their den with steam pouring out of her ears then they would start questioning things. “You can’t just say those things and walk away.” He waited for her to turn back around and face him, her green eyes glittering with anger. He probably had the same expression on his face.

He was quiet for a few moments as they exchanged glares, his tail lashing. Not only was he angry, he was hurt by her remarks. “I didn’t need reminding that I’m a mate and father. How could you say that to me?” He wasn’t being the greatest at delegating his time, but he was not the type of father that forgot who he was. Wolfstar took pride in being a good father, caring for his kits and mate.

I would never forget that. Being a father and your mate is more important to me than anything. But I also have the Clan to take care of, and I’m afraid there is something coming that is bigger than all of us. I already apologized for not being with you and the kits as much, and I promised I would do better with that. But, that’s not because I don’t want to, it’s because there are things going on that require me to be there. This is my life, Goldenrose!” He huffed and padded back to his nest, sitting down in it, his tail curling around his paws. He wasn’t going to storm away during a fight, and he hoped she wouldn’t either.

Another bout of silence hung between them like a thick fog, creating an uncomfortable space. But he would rather that then her walk away from him. His blue eyes looked up at her. “I didn’t mean to call this my den. I’m sorry for that.

Feared
    Participant

She hesitated for a moment when he suddenly called out for her to stop, chin tilting for a moment as she briefly glanced over her shoulder blade. Blazing green eyes met firey ice blue as he glared right back at her, pupils narrowing as she found that deep within she did not like to be challenged by the tomcat. However, even though he was her mate, he was also her leader and that programming within her mind was probably the only reason she hesitated. “Yes, I can. You have control over a lot of things Wolfstar, but I won’t be one of them.” She growled, ears lowering against her head for a moment as the two cats shared the same angered expression. Of course she had provoked his anger but she didn’t care. She was tired of being on the back burner of his life, just because she had given birth to his kits didn’t mean that’s all her title would be.

Silently they glared at one another, trying to get their thoughts straightened out before speaking. Well? She thought irritably, her tail lashing wildly as she waited for the Tom to speak. As he spoke, she found a deep sigh was being released from her lips. “I know that you and your previous mate had an easier time raising kits, for the most part you were a warrior.” She started, looking at him once more while her chin was still up in place. “I’m not saying you’ve forgotten about me and our kits, but to me you are more important than the clan.” She shrugged, facts were facts. Goldenrose loved WindClan and would lay her life down for her clanmates, but it if came between choosing WindClan or Wolfstar and their kits? She would always choose the later. “I understand that having a relationship with your older children is easier because they are adults, but you really don’t have one with our kits and they are almost six moons old.” Goldenrose slowly shrugged, sighing for a moment before her eyes narrowed in on his face.

As he huffed and walked back to his nest, she found herself frowning as he threw in the towel on their fight. Ears slowly standing upright for a moment as her eyes silently watched his face, the air in the den was heavy and uncomfortable. Frankly it was causing the fur along her shoulder blades to stand up a bit. She knew what she wanted to say but she was hesitant to ruffle his feathers, he wasn’t looking at her as he mildly flared down at his nest before he spoke once more, bringing her out of her thoughts before she shrugged. “It is your den, so don’t worry about it. As for it being your life..” She meowed, tone hard but voice quiet. “Try to fit us in it. There are some things more important than running a clan.” Goldenrose meowed softly, but her point was stern and straight to the point. Exhausted from their argument, her tail continued to lash behind her. “Good luck with the visits, hope you all get your point across. Now if you’ll excuse me, Wolfstar, I have kits to attend to.” She spoke as any warrior would when speaking to their leader, clearly this was important to not only him but for Nettlenose to get this off their chests. So be it. She thought silently as she dipped her head towards and turned on her heel, walking out of the den without another word.

Wolfstar
    Participant

Wolfstar’s eyes widened and flashed when Goldenrose referred to him as controlling. How in StarClan’s name was he controlling? He never once tried to control his beautiful queen! Anger boiled up in his belly, but he stayed silent, not wanting to speak for fear he might say something he would regret. Wolfstar was never usually the one to break, but his mate was starting to force him to bend. His tail lashed and his eyes continued to stay narrowed as he glared at her while she continued talking. When she brought up Cremefur, he couldn’t help but roll his eyes. Of course she would bring up his deceased mate at a time like this where his stress level was high, and she wasn’t helping by throwing angered words in his face. The WindClan leader looked away from her, the fur on his neck bristling. 

He stared past Goldenrose towards the entrance of the den, his mind beginning to numb from their fight. But one thing that struck him was when she confessed he and the kits were more important than the Clan. Woflstar chose to stay silent. What kind of leader didn’t put his Clan first before anything? And what kind of mate didn’t support that too? There was a reason medicine cat’s weren’t allowed to have children of their own unless they had a fully trained apprentice that would have the ability to take over. If something happened to their kits, their minds would cloud and the ability to take care of the Clan would dwindle. Leader’s didn’t have the same restriction, but he knew he needed to put the Clan first before all. He learned that when Cremefur had died. 

If she truly believes I have to put her and the kits first before everyone else in the Clan that I lead, then maybe this isn’t right for us… He was surprised at himself for thinking such a way, but he knew it was both on their minds. It was most likely a remnant thought from their anger, which made him relieved when Goldenrose turned away and stepped out. There was no point in talking anymore. They were too upset to think clearly, and he could feel himself beginning to curl up inside himself and hide away from the rest of the world. He couldn’t afford to do that. Not now when there was so much at stake. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath in. Once he and Nettlenose would get back from their mission, he knew he would be continuing this conversation with Goldenrose, but for now he needed to get it out of his mind. 

A storm of ravens…a murder…death…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums WindClan WindClan Camp WindClan Leader’s Den Communication? (Golden and Wolf)