collinear points { desxquietxeve }

Forums WindClan WindClan Territory collinear points { desxquietxeve }

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Pheebs
    Participant

Quiethawk rose to his paws and approached the molly across from him. He’d had the smallest suspicions about his Eveningstorm and her for awhile, and now was the perfect time to discuss it with the molly.

“Desertrose,” the lean tabby meowed. “Care to take a walk? Your deputy duties have been completed for the day, I’m sure, and sunset will be soon. It would be a lovely time to tour the land.”

For some time, Quiethawk had been growing closer to Eveningstorm. Perhaps it’d initially been his smile and the strength he had but it evolved into honest attraction, and Quiet was wary but certain that it could be love if Evening would take the next step. Then the battle happened and Quiethawk could feel the rift between them form. Sure, Eveningstorm took meals with him and Quiethawk kept close to the other when he could, but the division was there. He wasn’t blind, either, he noticed the longer glances his friend sent to Desertrose. It left a bad taste in his mouth.

“I know life couldn’t have been easy these past couple of moons. Some of our clan mates carry the marks of the battle with them, still.” ‘Eveningstorm, too…’ Quiethawk himself had been sidelined during the battle, told by Startledcrow to stay and defend the camp because of a shoulder injury. It wasn’t like he asked to have a nightmare and end up pulling his shoulder, the same shoulder that got dislocated moons ago by that wildcat.

Vibrant yellow eyes sought out a familiar dark brown pelt and, making a quick decision, he parted his lips to call the other’s name. “Eveningstorm! Come, Desertrose and I were going for a walk.” The grey-brown tom’s voice left no room for arguing, his statement punctuated by his turning and leaving camp.

Feared
    Participant

Eveningstorm ~ WindClan Warrior

A familiar deep tone brought the tomcat out of his thoughts, chin lifting as his deep amber eyes immediately sought out the owner. Quiethawk. His haze landed upon the grey and brown tabby, his heart swelling at the sight of the handsome tomcat. Ever since the battle, he had been dealing with contradicting feelings that kept getting stuck within his stomach and chest. He was well aware of his feelings for both Quiethawk and Desertrose and they were both steadily growing, but it wasn’t proper to have a male for a mate and he did want to have kits of his own. Perhaps that’s why he had been trying to distance himself from Quiethawk, but upon seeing the tomcats handsome face and the glint of his yellow eyes, got his stomach rolling with question filled emotions. Although he felt an eyebrow rise slightly as he quickly noticed that the handsome tomcat was standing beside the ever beautiful Desertrose, the rose gold dappled she-cat catching his attention. She was another feline that made his heart skip, but he was curious as to why they were both together. Usually the two wouldn’t be seen together for any amount of time. “A walk?” Eveningstorm’s deep and velvet voice questioned, appearing dumbfounded when Quiethawk quickly twirled on his heels and stomped out of camp.

The big dark chocolate brown tabby Tom quickly walked up to Desertrose, his eyes still trailing after Quiethawk. “Is everything okay? He seems… tense.” He muttered softly, chewing on his lower lip for a moment before his gaze finally flickered towards Desertrose, forcing himself to snicker and lightly bump his shoulder with hers. “Listen to me, worrying. It’s probably nothing, come on he’s waiting.” He meowed, turning away slowly from Desertrose, broad paws and long legs easily carrying his muscular form out of camp, ears standing upright but his eyebrows were furrowed. This was just a walk, but why did he have such a strange feeling about this? Because he felt caged in? Catching up with Quiethawk was easy, although the slimmer Tom was quick, he wasn’t really trying to get away. “So, how’ve you been?” Eveningstorm questioned with a soft smile, trying desperately to try and crack the ice that had formed between them as of late. But it was his own fault it was there at all, but he blinked slowly and watched Quiethawk curiously for a moment before he looked ahead of himself once more.

Shy
    Participant
    Desertrose
    The Deputy of Windclan

“Quiethawk,” she answered him, blinking in surprise. It wasn’t often that the warrior chose to speak with her on his own accord. “Not at all. I would personally enjoy a stroll through the territory.” Though they were known to have their differences, and often their personalities ruffled the other’s fur, she didn’t mind the opportunity to better know one of her warriors.

When his invitation extended to Eveningstorm, who she hadn’t seen standing there until then, she admittedly felt surprised. Out of all the cats in camp he had chosen herself and Eveningstorm. As strange as it was, she quickly dismissed it as coincidence and nothing more.

“Tense?” she repeated, flicking her ears thoughtfully before glancing over at Quiethawk, who had already started walking. He didn’t seem tense, at least not to her. Truthfully, the only one that seemed ‘tense’ was Eveningstorm. Exchanging a curious look with the tom, she gave him a reassuring smile before watching him catch up to Quiethawk, her eyes narrowing once he was ahead of her. Something about how the way he was acting made her wonder if he wasn’t being entirely truthful about something.

Even though this was just a walk, the mood was admittedly heavier and more oppressive than she wanted to think about— and when did Eveningstorm ever act skittish, or choose to walk beside someone else instead of her? If there had been anything between Quiethawk and Eveningstorm, she was unaware of its existence entirely. After all, it was only recently that she had began feeling strangely for Eveningstorm.

For a moment, she felt a hard lump of apprehension in her stomach at the thought, and then shook herself. She was scaring herself like a kit listening to elder stories. Whatever it was, she would find out about it eventually and deal with it accordingly. For now, she would wait. Desertrose began padding along behind them, listening carefully.

Pheebs
    Participant

Quiethawk snorted, a smirk tugging on the edges of his lips. He responded to Eveningstorm’s question with a subtle nod, but he otherwise remained silent. Call him petty, but he wasn’t exactly open to being open, at least not at that moment. For the time being, the wiry dusty brown and grey warrior led his companions along a path he really only traveled occasionally. Mostly because Startledcrow would have his head if he fell down that hill again… And great Starclan, it’d only been one time! Five moons ago!! Great hares in the sky, Eveningstorm’s brother was such a mother hen. Quiethawk secretly loved it. “I can smell your obliviousness from here, Des darling, do relax.” 

The hill before them was near to the mountains, with the soft grass of the moors giving way to the sharp stoned ground of the mountains. Quiethawk’s paws would’ve ached from their long trek if he hadn’t made the journey before. ‘I should take Nightpaw here sometime.’ This was a spot he loved, dangerous, and fun with great scenery to boot. The slim tom twisted around, finally looking over towards Desertrose for the first time since they left camp. “Eveningstorm should already know I’m perfectly great and well, if Startledcrow hasn’t complained about me recently. And I have a good feeling you two have been fine as well.” Ah, yes, and there was the venom that he’d been hiding for the past hour.

“You two have become friends, yeah?” He asked with feigned innocent curiosity, leaping up onto a boulder leading up to the top of the hill. “Did this develop before or after one of you presumably saved the other’s tail during the battle?” Quiethawk wasn’t certain, but he figured there was some cause that brought the two together. Eveningstorm was friendly but he didn’t seem like the type to just become friends with Desertrose of his own accord, and vice versa. ‘Or maybe you’re biased…’

Feared
    Participant

Quiethawk was being cold towards and honestly this is what he had been expecting, but it still sent a sharp pang through his chest. Although he managed to keep the hurt expression off of his face, only grunting in response to the other toms tense nod, pupils narrowing faintly as he slowed his pace, falling behind Quiethawk. It was obvious that this walk was going to be anything other than peaceful, the expression Quiethawk was wearing pointed to such, although he kept this thought to himself. Perhaps he was wrong? It was only he that felt this way for Quiethawk, yes? He slowed his walk down to where he was now walking beside of Desertrose, and even though it was his own fault to pushing Quiethawk away, he would walk with this beautiful molly instead of the handsome tomcat ahead. Smirking slightly, dark amber eyes flickered towards Desertrose as she looked back and forth between him and Quiethawk, his gut twisting as he could practically see the gears churning in her mind. “How did the evening border patrol go?” Eveningstorm asked in a soft voice, low enough that Quiethawk couldn’t hear as he gave her a half smile before looking away and looking ahead to make sure he was going the right way, climbing up a hill.

When Quiethawk twisted around to look at them, he blinked in surprise as his eyes landed upon Desertrose speaking so frankly. Causing his cheeks to suddenly warm up as he listened to the venom that was dripping. ”And I have a good feeling you two have been fine as well.” Dark amber eyes narrowed slightly as Eveningstorm watched the slim tomcat. No, no this wasn’t going to be a peaceful walk. “I suppose you’re right.” Eveningstorm finally meowed slowly, his friendly demeanor melting slightly as he suddenly became tense. Standing up straighter, his dark chocolate tabby pelt ruffled slightly against the white of his pelt. Quiethawk turned away and leaped onto a boulder as they continued to climb the hill, but his pupils were now narrowed upon the tomcat as the questions kept spewing from his grey lips. Eveningstorm was a kind fool, but he knew where this was going and he felt irritated and nervous all the same. Why was Quiethawk for angry…? Was it because he had been pushed away..? Left ear twitched slightly as they were asked if they were friends, the tip of his long tail twitching slightly. “You could say that. I consider Desertrose a close friend.” Eveningstorm was having to choose his words carefully, he didn’t want to hurt Quiethawk but he also wasn’t going to lie. They were close friends, although his heart was growing fonder and fonder for her every passing day.

Lips parted as a sigh slipped from his lips as Quiethawk questioned if this was because of the large battle, his eyes roaming towards Desertrose as he gazed at her beautiful but puzzled expression before he looked back at Quiethawk. “I have always respected Desertrose, I suppose we were just comrades before the battle. But she saved me from a nasty swipe and even took care of the scum that tried to take off my ear.” He snorted in response, now he was getting angry. “Now just what are you implying here? That I cannot have friends, Quiethawk?” He questioned, eyes narrowing as he took a step forward. Quiethawk was angry with him, but that didn’t mean it had to be taken out on Desertrose. Neither of them knew his reasoning.

Shy
    Participant
    Desertrose
    The Deputy of Windclan

‘Obliviousness?’ she thought in confusion, thinking hard on what Quiethawk could have meant by that. What exactly was she oblivious of? Before she could think anymore of it, though, Eveningstorm’s voice startled her out of her brooding. She’d been so immersed in her own thoughts, she almost forgot that she wasn’t alone. “Oh— um, it went well,” she told him, grateful for his company. Despite her annoyance with him for obviously hiding something from her, she grinned at him. She didn’t want to risk losing him, or risk damaging the relationship she’d built with him by being unnecessarily standoffish. After all, she didn’t know what was going on yet, so there was no need to jump to conclusions.

A stiff breeze rippled over the grass, blowing softly through her fur as she looked at Quiethawk through narrowed eyes, then back to Eveningstorm. “What exactly is going in here?” she asked, though from the sound of her tone, her question is far closer to a demand than anything. By now she’d gathered that it wasn’t a coincidence that Quiethawk had chosen them for this walk. He had done so deliberately, and with a motive. Something was undoubtedly wrong, and she was unable to shake the strange feeling settling over her like the weight of a heavy cloak.

Pheebs
    Participant

‘Friends, yeah.’ Quiethawk smiled dimly, eyes dull. Even as he was filled with the greatest sense of helplessness, Quiet had the outlines of a plan forming. He wasn’t sure he liked it, but he could always duck out of the plan… 

The tabby shook his head and let out a humorless laugh. 

“I’m not some possessive queen in heat, Eve sweetie,” the smaller hissed, “If you were just friends with her then it would be a nonissue.” ‘But you don’t like her as ‘just a friend’, and now I’m ranting like an apprentice with a crush… shit.’ Quiethawk shook his head, driving out intrusive thoughts. He had to stick to what he’d been planning on, and him bringing Eveningstorm along had been an impulsive urge that had messed with the calculations Quiet had carefully thought over. ‘Get back on track.’

“Thank you for saving this fool from ear-stealing scum.” Quiet bowed his head towards Desertrose’s leopard patterned pelt. His words seemed insincere but the earnest expression he wore deterred any suspicion that he might be lying. 

“You’re a strong, clever molly,” Quiethawk commented, ignoring her question. “I’m swift and silent when it comes to stealth. Eveningstorm’s the brawns, I suppose.” He spared the other tom hardly a glance as he trotted back over to the others. This time, though, he approached Desertrose until they were nearly nose to nose.

“I guess you aren’t bad looking, either.” ‘Not that I’d know.’ The tom had never felt drawn to she-cats, and while he understood the concept of “feminine beauty”, it had never appealed to him. “If you can deal with Eveningstorm’s company, how would you feel being in mine?”

• #946465 courier new
    Feared
    Participant

He felt his eyes narrow slightly in irritation at the way Quiethawk was speaking, causing his tail to lash slightly as the other Tom argues that he was not being possessive, but wasn’t he though? “Then we can continue on with this walk in peace, no?” Eveningstorm grumbled, his mood ruined as he glared right back at Quiethawk but he was clearly being ignored as the other toms yellow eyes landed right back on Desertrose. He says he’s not jealous but that glare could cut through stone. he observed, chin tilting slightly as his nostrils flared to release a breath. “Then what is the issue here, Quiethawk?” Eveningstorm sighed softly but his heart was racing within his broad chest. For most of his life, toms loving toms in such a way was unseen and not what StarClan intended, but he was gazing curiously at Quiethawk, could he have been too blind to notice that maybe the feelings had been returned?

Rolling his eyes as he was called a fool, causing his tattered ear to flick slightly as his dark molten amber gaze glared daggers at the other male. That sounded sincere. Eveningstorm thought, his dark chocolate tabby fur standing up slightly along his shoulder blades as he looked back at Desertrose, trying to read her expression. “I apologize that Quiethawk has dragged us out here so he can complain.” He quickly glanced at the other male with a non-nuisance expression. He lifted an eyebrow as Quiethawk continued to speak, allowing his whiskers to ruffle in annoyance as he opened his lips to speak but he was speechless, almost as if Quiethawk had cuffed him across the face. What was going on?!

Eveningstorm deadpanned as he looked back and forth between the two felines, his lips parted in surprise and his lips parted slightly but there were no words that he could find. His face felt warm with embarrassment, the way Quiethawk had worded this sounded like he was asking Desertrose about being more than just friends, causing his heart to drop slightly for a moment. What was Quiethawk doing? “Quiethawk… what are you doing?” Eveningstorm asked, his voice losing its aggressive tone and taking up more of a hesitant and nervous thrill to it as he looked between the two felines that held his fragile heart in their very jaws.

Shy
    Participant
    Desertrose
    The Deputy of Windclan

“Oh!” she squealed in surprise, feeling the tips of her ears burn with embarrassment. Being complimented was something she was rather used to, but she never once expected it to come from Quiethawk, especially not when he had spoken so aggressively towards her just moments ago. “Quiethawk, I—“ she was nearly about to decline when she began to really consider what he’d just suggested.

Since becoming deputy, her parents hadn’t stopped nagging her about finding a suitable mate to sire her offspring and continue the family name. It was all they ever seemed to talk about. Quiethawk was a strong, well known warrior of Windclan. They would make a powerful pair to say the least, and her parents would surely be satisfied. Slowly, Desertrose began to nod in agreement. “I accept your proposal,” she said finally, although she admittedly still felt disoriented from earlier. In just the span of one afternoon she was invited on a seemingly innocent stroll, thrown into a very confusing situation, and somehow it ended with Quiethawk asking to be her mate. All of it seemed very strange to her.

Desertrose looked at Eveningstorm from the corner of her eye, and for the first time in her life, he looked troubled. At that, something, too, felt as though it was screaming inside her— but why? Why did she feel as though she wasn’t happy? Her parents would be thrilled to learn that she’d paired with Quiethawk.. so why did it feel wrong.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums WindClan WindClan Territory collinear points { desxquietxeve }