Skip to toolbar

Co-Parenting Couldn’t Be That Hard, Right?

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Camp SkyClan Leader’s Den Co-Parenting Couldn’t Be That Hard, Right?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Peach
    Participant

“Momma! Momma! Momma!” Tiny paws jabbing sharply into the sleeping molly’s side, “Momma I wanna play.” The small kittens teeth gripping onto Milkynights dusty ears, pulling sharply, a loud groan rumbling from the queen’s muzzle, her brown paws pushing her child away, “Please Flarekit let me sleep in. Your brothers and sisters are still sleeping.” Flarekit cheeks puffed up at her mothers words, her eyes darting over to her sleeping littermates, “ist not my fault they are boring.” Flarekits small body barreling into Milkynight, using her front paws to press onto her mothers shoulder. A loud huff falling from her muzzle as she gave into her demanding kitten, “Okay okay Flarekit I’m up. Let’s go grab breakfast.” A fellow nursery queen taking watch over her other sleeping children. Milkynight was so thankful to the other queens, her children being the kits of the leader they could be a handful at time with their demanding nature. Shuffling her noisy daughter out of the nursery she could almost feel the other queen’s relief at not having to watch the furball. 

Flarekit busted out of the nursery, her mother in tow, eyes bright as she watched the bustling clan life. Warriors coming and going with their apprentices, elders basking in the sunlight, Skyclan was the best!Hey Momma, can we take Papa some food?” Her curious eyes pleading as they stared up at the siamese molly. Milkynight wanted to say no, but how could she, her daughter was too cute. “Of course sweety, go pick something yummy out for him.” Their children had been weaned onto freshkill recently, and ever since then the Firestar mimic loved sharing meals with her father whenever he wasn’t busy. 

Milkynight hesitantly passed through the opening to the Skyclan leaders den, a rush of emotions flying down her spine. I don’t think this will ever get easier. Her nose twitching the further into the den she traveled, it doesn’t smell like Firestar…Whipping around Milkynight paw reached out and stopped her kitten from entering the den, “Hey ya know what. I don’t think this will be enough for everyone. Why don’t you go get another piece of food.” Flarekit eyed down the mouse she picked for her father as if she was studying its size. Blinking as she looked back up at her mother, “Wow Momma you’re so smart. This mouse is way too small for Papa!” Flarekit chirped, her body rubbing against her mothers legs as she weaved through them, bouncing back towards the fresh kill pile. Once her daughters back was turned Milkynights ears pressed against her skull, a low growl admitting from her as she turned back into the den. Another set of eyes meeting hers, Hazelfern, the queen didn’t bother with any formalities or greetings rather she just stormed past the molly. Seriously if you’re going to have another molly in here you could do much better than her!! The Siamese molly wanted to keep her angry demeanor when facing the large ginger leader but the moment Hazelfern was out of earshot her expression fell. Milkynight tried to remain neutral when looking at him but she couldn’t hide her emotions, it hurt seeing another molly prance out of his den, it didn’t help that it smelled like she had been in his den for hours. “You’re lucky your daughter did not walk in here first. We talked about this Firestar.” Her tone was sharp, but every few words she broke and her voice began to shake, “Please Firestar. I-I-” Only being able to choke out a few more trembling words before their daughter came barreling through the opening. Sniffling back whatever she was going to say Milkynight stood upright, a smile replacing her grim features at the sight of her daughter dragging in a squirrel almost as large as her. Flarekit dropped the brown critter at her fathers feet before racing outside to grab her mouse as well, placing it at her mothers feet. “I brought you food Papa!” The kit clearly proud at her achievement, “Momma also said she’d join us!” Milkynight looking surprised at the decision her child made, this was not the deal. Her eyes looked to Firestar as if asking if she even had the right to stay.

• This topic was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by Peach.
    • This topic was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by Peach.
    Roach
    Participant

Firestar

‘Ugh I am getting a headache’ he groaned internally to himself, yet his expression remained calm and blank as he regards the warrior within his den. His ember gaze flickering with little interest within his den high within Sky Tree as he listens to Hazelfern give report on the past few patrols that she had been in charge of. The leader was already starting to regret telling Dawnstorm that he would take over debriefing his warriors, he missed the days when he-himself would lead the patrols, when he had first-hand experience on what was going on within his clan. ‘I think that’s exactly what I need…have Dawnstorm keep an eye on camp while I go out on some patrols….’ his mind continues to wander, his attention only zeroing in on Hazelfern when she mentioned certain bits and pieces that caught his attention. It had been over an hour since their little meeting began, having chosen his den to steer clear of the rowdiness of his clan below. Firestar needed silence and privacy to absorb any important information that could be revealed to him. “So what you are saying is hunting has been scarce lately? More so than usual?” he cuts off her babbling with a tired sigh. “I know it is Leaf-Bare, which makes it problematic for us each year, I will discuss with Dawnstorm on arranging more hunting patrols. Thank you for bringing this to my attention, I will take it from here” he formally dismisses with a nod of acknowledgement to the brown tabby she-cat. His gaze following slowly after the Molly, shoulders relaxing from their usual formal tense posture at finally having a moment to himself.

Brows furrowing as he could not help but worry about how difficult it was to make sure his clan remains well fed. It would seem that hunting was the first thing he needed to do, just the thought made him feel excited to get out of camp and away from his trusted companions. Deciding now would be best to inform his deputy of his plans to go hunting; slowly rising to stand his ears perking up as he senses another feline approaching his den, masking his worry as his fiery gaze clashes with icy glare. Pausing for a moment in his movements, blinking in surprise to see Milkynight standing at the entrance of his den, the smell of her heavenly perfume filters within his enclosed space. A small grin forming on his lips at the unexpected visit, but the happiness he felt was short lived at her harsh tone. Regarding her tense and fuming form silently, letting his calculative gaze sweep over her intently as he tried to figure out what she meant. Tensing when he silently figures out the meaning of her words, his attention shifting to the exit where Hazelfern had left minutes prior. Biting the inner part of his cheek to contain a smirk from forming; ‘Was she jealous?’ the thought caused a thrill to ripple through his spine. Opening his mouth, ready to tease the easily riled up dusted-point siamese, but is interrupted before he could speak by a little spit fire.

Eyes brightening as he gives Flarekit a warm fatherly smile, a look of pure adoration that was rarely shown, directed to his daughter at seeing the small bundle drag a squirrel with determination. “Who did you fight for this?” he grins as he banters lightly with Flarekit. Glancing down at the prey, hesitating for a brief moment as he could not help but wonder if it would be best to give the squirrel to one who truly needed it. Yet; he could not disappoint his daughter as after all the trouble she went through to drag it to him. Settling down once more, getting comfortable as he gestures for Flarekit to join him in eating breakfast. Tensing as Flarekit invites her mother to join them, he had tried to forget her presence, an impossible feat. “Did she?” he questions as his attention shifts back to Milkynight. Arching a perfect brow as he silently prompts her to make a decision, he would not deny Flarekit a chance to enjoy a meal with her parents together. Though would Milkynight be able to civilly handle being in the same den as him?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Camp SkyClan Leader’s Den Co-Parenting Couldn’t Be That Hard, Right?