Skip to toolbar

Chilly Morning Mewls [Smoke & Raven Family]

Forums ShadowClan ShadowClan Camp Chilly Morning Mewls [Smoke & Raven Family]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Lux
    Participant

Smokestar – Shadowclan Leader

Her head leaned heavily against her mate’s foreleg, a lazy purr rumbling from her throat. At her belly nursed four healthy kits, each too enthralled in their warm milky meal to notice the gentle mururing of their parents. It was exhausting, but it was blissful. To Smokestar, this had been the best ten days of her life. She raised her head, giving Ravenwatcher a gentle kiss. He’d been by her side or tending the kits this whole time. He’d been a wonderful mate and father, supporting her as she leapt into role of leadership, which had been thrust upon her following Hornetstar’s disappearance. “They’re so lovely,” she whispered. “They already look like you, except for that one. She definitely takes after me,” she chuckled, gesturing towards the molly with the mottled gray pelt.

You know, I think it may be time to name them,” she mewed. Despite the insistent perstering of clanmates Smokestar and Ravenwatcher had chosen to postpone naming their kittens. Instead, they chose to rest and revel in the newfound joys of parenthood, coming to know their kits before naming them. She adjusted herself, causing the kits to mewl in protest. “Shh, it’s alright now,” she whispered, once again guiding them towards the warm comfort of her belly. “This one,” she mewed, gently nosing the gray mottled molly. “I was thinking Molekit.” Her amber gaze waivered, next settling on the dark furred kit. “This one reminds me of fresh berries. How about Blackberrykit?

Courtesy of Mairu Doggy, Deviant Art
    Roach
    Participant

Ravenwatcher

He couldn’t be happier, his eyes gleaming in new profound joy as he watches his mate stare lovingly down at their four kits. Who would have thought Smokestar and Ravenwatcher would be parents? He certainly hadn’t expected it, but wouldn’t change a single thing. Leaning forward, bending slightly as he rasps his tongue along Smoke’s forehead in an intimate gesture. A soft purr could be heard from the back of his throat, humming in agreement at their precious kits being lovely. The obsidian warrior was enjoying the peaceful bliss around them, it was only smoke, their kits, and himself in this moment. “They are perfect. You are perfect” he mutters, his cheeks warming up as she gives him a loving kiss. 

Turning his attention to his few day old kittens, he could certainly see that three of them took after his sharp oriental looks, while the smokey mottled grey she-kitten was near the spitting image of her mother. Letting his gaze flicker from molekit to blackberrykit, “I believe they really suit them” Raven agrees with a warm grin. Eyeing the grey and white tom kit, tilting his cranium in thought. Lips pursed as he tries to think of an name, something unique that his son would grow into. “His name shall be Peregrinekit” eyeing Smokestar in the corner of his eye, silently hoping for her approval.

Three kits named, one more to go. It was an odd sensation within Ravenwatcher, being the one giving kits a name, one that they would told for the rest of their life. No pressure. Seeing the red and black mottled she-kit struggling with her bigger brother for the warmth of Smoke’s stomach causes him to let out a breathy laugh. Using his paw to reach over his mate, carefully giving the kit a nudge in the right direction. “And her name will be Robinkit” he proudly states. It would seem that Ravenwatcher loved bird names.

snow
    Participant

r o b i n k i t

It was different out here; no warm water constantly supplying her heat, hunger being a foreign feeling, and the chill of leaf-bare wind on her spine. A tiny bundle of dark tortoiseshell fur was nosing about in the nursery, squishing herself between her two brothers. The toms had mewled loudly in protest as she sunk between them, their warm fur heating her from nose to tail tip. Smokestar’s soft pelt aided in her quest for warmth, the queen’s swollen belly radiating off heat as four kittens clambered around her. 

The nameless kit stretched out her paws, kneading them against her mother’s belly in a comforting way. The young she-kit had already had her meal, so her paws senselessly pitter-patted on Smokestar’s belly, a loud purr rumbling in her throat as the gentle heat from her family warmed her fur. She’d heard her parents talking, their hushed voices causing her to stir. After naming her brother, Peregrinekit, her father directed his attention toward her, giving her a nudge and allowing her to snuggle up to her mother. Robinkit. What a suiting name! Her mottled pelt suited the colors of a robin perfectly.

It was almost as if the name had perked her up, tiny head rising as a mewl escaped her tiny pink lips. Just then, her eyes flickered open. Not all the way, just halfway, the golden irises glittering softly against the dim nursery light. It was weird to open them, especially since the world was so blurry. Peregrinekit’s gray and white fur was fluffed up, but Robinkit didn’t think he would look so tiny! Did she look tiny? Suddenly her eyes opened up a bit wider and she turned her head toward Ravenwatcher, his scent being his only identifier. Dad..? she wondered curiously, staring at his large, unfocused figure.

Lux
    Participant

Smokestar – Shadowclan Leader 

Those are beautiful,” Smokestar purred. “You know, it’s kind of strange,” she mewed after a brief pause. “Most likely I’ll be the one giving them their warrior names. My head is still sort of spinning from all of this. I suppose I’m lucky they came now, since its given me some more time to adjust to leadership.” Her brows furrowed, various concerns bubbling forward. “I can’t stay in here forever though. The clan needs me out there.” The mottled she-cat readjusted herself, gently nuzzling Ravenwatcher’s chin. “Will you be okay with them? I’m sorry to put so much of the parenting on you. You know I’ll be here as much as I can.

Her amber gaze caught Robinkit’s curious look. “Oh, well hello there,” she mewed quietly. “Ravenwatcher, I think she likes you.” She dipped her head, giving Robinkit a gentle lick behind the ears. The mottled she-kit’s eyes were still cloudy and blue.  “Welcome to the world, little one.

Courtesy of Mairu Doggy, Deviant Art
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums ShadowClan ShadowClan Camp Chilly Morning Mewls [Smoke & Raven Family]