Skip to toolbar

Blight Upon The Stars (MC Meeting 1/10/21)

Forums Neutral Areas The Mooncave Blight Upon The Stars (MC Meeting 1/10/21)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Chris
    Participant

The two Riverclan travelers were weary after the day’s travels. The herbs they had swallowed to prevent hunger from arising as an issue were souring in Rainysky’s stomach. The tabby tom spared his new apprentice a glance of concern. Cherrypaw was young and smaller, yet her visage betrayed no sign of exhaustion in spite of the fact they had set out in darkness and were arriving in it too. Sunlight had long drained from the heavens, now overtaken by a blue so dark that it was a hair away from total blackness. Were it not for the spray of stars stretching out overhead a cat could not see an inch in front of their nose. This in addition to the sharply cleft half-moon lit their path as they drew near to their destination.

“We’re here.” He breathed, stopping to catch his breath. Now came the toughest part. The climb was the worst leg of the journey and it came at the very end when a traveler’s strength was already spent. “If you feel faint or tired, speak up and we’ll stop to rest. I had to stop twice on my first time and I was a grown tom then.” He purred. For some strange reason he was feeling oddly excited. Him, a mentor! Perhaps it was that his apprentice was so cute and smart, he was giddy at the prospect of getting to show her off to his colleagues.

By the time they reached the zenith Rainysky himself was about fit to ask for a break. The cold made this trip a hell of a lot more of a burden than he could ever recall it being in the past. Frost in the air caused his lungs to ache and burn. It settled as a fine dust of crystals on his whiskers as well.

“Now down the stairs, watch your step…” He murmured, descending on shaking legs down the worn and uneven step into the cavern below. They padded out onto the cramped chamber upon which lay a few inches of unmoving water, itself a mirror image of the narrow moonlight shaft in the ceiling. As they walked across it their steps created ripples. His toes were practically numb by the time they reached the stone in the center and climbed it to get out of the water.

“Well! First ones here. we get to pick the comfy spots, here, Saplingskies showed me this one last time he was with us…”

Missa
    Participant

Cherrypaw

The small calico knew that her and Rainysky were in for a travel, so upon eating the herbs needed for travel.. She had to hide the reaction of disgust due to the bitter taste of the herbs but knew it was important to eat them, it was something they must do. Cherrypaw was very excited to attend her first meeting tonight, to meet different cats from other clans and talk with them about herbs or just general conversations. During the travel, she kept looking up at the sky in awe of it, she found it to be so beautiful.

Her parents were lecturing her before she left, Darkstar mostly telling her to be very careful when going towards the mooncave as the walk down could be very dangerous. Sorrelember telling her to listen to everything Rainysky said and not leave his side, and to behave as she had a fight with her brother, Eclipsepaw, earlier.

Looking at her mentor with wide eyes when he announced they arrived. The calico had a smile on her face, looking at her mentor “I think I got this! I may be small, but I am mighty” Cherrypaw joked with him. The molly really enjoyed having her mentor around, Rainysky was like a second father to her and really helped adjust to her new life as a medicine cat apprentice. It was lonely at times when she couldn’t see her siblings as much and hang out with them like they used to, but her parents would always come in and check in on her.. Which meant the world to her along with having her mentor as excellent company. It didn’t help either with Cherrypaw having some sort of abilities too which her and Rainysky were still figuring out, just the other day, she closed her eyes and suddenly she felt like she was with a Riverclan hunting patrol, watching them hunting for fish.. The calico was watching Edgepaw attempting but failed to catch a fish and his mentor looking at him with narrowed eyes.

Cherrypaw decided to keep her abilities a secret from her siblings and other clan members, only letting her mentor and parents knowing about them. She didn’t want to be known as a freak in her clan, just when she began training too, she just wanted to have a normal experience learning to be a medicine cat but she knew it wasn’t going to happen if she kept having these visions and hearing things from a distance.

Observing Rainysky, she was able to descend the uneven steps. Watching closely to make sure she didn’t make one wrong move as she kept replaying her parents’ words in her head to be careful. Once they made it in front of the water, her eyes were wide as she looked over at Rainysky “This is the mooncave? It looks beautiful! She said as she looked around and she watched as he found a spot for them and she sat with her mentor, taking this all in.. She felt extremely honored that she could experience this, especially with Rainysky.

“Saplingskies really knew to pick a good spot. I’m glad we made it first.. I’m very excited for this! My first meeting! I’m a bit nervous especially since I’m probably the new cat around, but I’m ready” The calico said as she puffed out her chest, her bi-colored eyes shining with happiness.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 6 days ago by Missa.
    Saffie
    Participant

:: Saffrongaze ::

A few moons after venturing with Speckledmoss to getting her full name, the medicine cat meeting had been made and the peach Scottie padded through the forest with her medicine cat partner, no longer an apprentice but an equal. She couldn’t help but to feel proud of raising a fine young lady, a medicine cat to take her place when it was Saffron’s time to join Starclan. But, now wasn’t a time to think about descending into the next life, but at the meeting at hand, as she would love to show the other clan medicine cats how Speckledmoss had grown as a cat altogether.

As they reached the Moonpool, Saffrongaze paused. She sensed something… but she brushed it off for the time being. Her nose picked up on Rainysky’s scent and she picked up her pace. “Rainysky, hello!” She called out before spotting Cherrypaw. She let out a small surprised gasp; an apprentice! “Congratulations, Rainysky.” She added, purring. Saffrongaze just had been overrun with joy the past couple of days and this just added to that pool. “Seems we’re both are early. How have you been? And who is this?” She asked, swishing her tail as she settled on her haunches.

Hareflight [Mel]
    Participant

『 H A R E F L I G H T 』

Hareflight and Saplingskies had almost always been one of the first to arrive at the Mooncave on nights when the healers met, but tonight she had found herself fussing more than usual. Was it nerves? Excitement? A desire to make her apprentice’s first medicine cat meeting perfect? Who knew. What Hareflight did know was that there was a tingling in her paws and in her heart as she led her new apprentice up to where the healers of all Clans would gather. Hareflight glanced back at Wasppaw, making sure he was keeping up okay, and there was a swell of pride in her chest. Her, a mentor… Incredible. What other miraculous events were to come? Hareflight found herself smiling in amusement at her own thoughts, but turned her attention to her protégé.

H-How are you feeling? It can sometimes be a bit of a trek up here, but I promise it’s w-worth it. Even just seeing the cave is incredible, it’s just beautiful and it feels like…” Hareflight paused, trying to find the right words to describe the Mooncave. “It feels l-like something bigger than yourself. At-At least it does to me.” She gently bumped shoulders with him. “Are you e-excited? It should be f-fun meeting the other medicine cats. You should try to get to know them, they can make good allies and incredible friends.” Her mouth curved into a gentle smile as she thought of some of her closest friends, Peachblossom and Startledcrow. It was hard, with them being in different Clans, but their ranks brought them close and even if they’d had their differences, Hareflight never felt quite as much like an outsider with them. “B-By the way, it’s perfectly normal not to experience any v-visions while you’re there. Don’t get your h-hopes up or anything, especially since it’s your first night, okay? Bi-coloured gaze fixing on him for a minute, Hareflight went silent and eventually shrugged softly. “But y-you’re also a different cat than I am, s-so things might be different for you. Whatever ends up happening is okay and perfectly normal, okay? Don’t worry.” Perhaps it was the nerves or the excitement that had caused Hareflight to blurt out an entire spiel on tonight, but whatever it was she hoped she wasn’t making Wasppaw even more nervous… If he was even nervous at all. Frowning, she paused her walk, turning to face him directly. “We- We’re almost there, but I just want you to know that it’ll all be okay. I-I know I’m saying a lot, but you really don’t have anything to worry about. Everyone is really nice and these meetings are always nice and simple. Don’t- y’know- overthink it. And… If you see anyone or anything… You can nudge me aside and we can talk. I’m here for y-you, no matter what the situation or event is. I’ve never known any cats with your… abilities, which means I don’t know how this will affect you. If you n-need to wait outside, or leave or… anything, you tell me and we’ll figure out next steps.” Hareflight offered Wasppaw an encouraging smile and turned to go. “C-Come on!

Finally, they reached the opening to the cave, and hesitated. Were they the first here? Ears twitching softly, she picked up on the sound of voices in the Mooncave. “Tread carefully, o-okay? Sometimes the stairs are slippery and they can be steep. Stick close behind me and follow wh-where I step.” Hareflight daintily led the way down into the cave, the voices growing louder until she broke into the cavern. Rainysky, Saffrongaze, and Dovesong were already here. “Hello everyone. Rainysky, good to see you’re well. I-I see someone new has joined you. It’s a-a pleasure to meet you.” She dipped her head at Cherrypaw, smiling warmly. “Saffrongaze and Speckledpaw, wonderful to see you again. A-And Dovesong, I hope you’re well.” Shifting to the side, she glanced back at Wasppaw. “This is W-Wasppaw, my new apprentice.” Hareflight grinned his way, settling back on her haunches as she waited for the others.

Peach
    Participant

Peachblossom made it a point to take her time getting to the meetings, she hated having to deal with Starclan now but she couldn’t just ignore them either, but she could make them wait by showing up late. Her eyes looking back at her apprentice, “It’s about time we got moving kid.” It was nice no longer having to sit and wait for Morningpaw, she had adapted to Peachblossom sporadic decisions and pacing, she was doing a fine job and Peachblossom, while she wouldn’t say it out loud, was extremely impressed with her. 

“Remember to be on your best behavior, I’d like for Wildstar to be able to announce herself at the gathering so even if it is exciting don’t tell anyone just yet. With that its obvious but don’t mention Hollystar either, that’s for Wildstar to handle.” They usually didn’t have time for such chit chat but every now and then the healers did spend time before or after the meetings just checking up, and she wanted to let her leader be the first to tell all the clans about her new achievement. 

Upon entering the opening to Mooncave, before in the sights of the others, Peachblossom gave Morningpaw a small, yet meaningful, gesture. Her nose rested only momentarily on the younger molly’s forehead. Peachblossom knew of the current stress Starclan was having on her apprentice, and even though she might not have been the apprentice she first wanted, she was still her mentor and wanted Morningpaw to know she was there if things got overwhelming. Her kind motion only lasted a moment as she quickly trotted deeper into the cave. “Hareflight!” Her small rounded ears perking up at the sight of her calico friend, her head gently nuzzling into her shoulder, “I’m so glad to see you again.” Offering her friend a smile before turning to the other healers, “It’s nice to see everyone again.” Noticing a few newer faces she figured it was time for reintroductions, “Welcome to our new comers, we are glad to see more future medicine cats. Im Peachblossom, head medicine cat of Thunderclan. This is Morningpaw, my apprentice.”

Tori
    Participant

– W A S P – 

Tonight was the night of the half-moon and Wasppaw knew what that meant now– Hareflight would be taking him to the mooncave for the first time, and he’d be lying if he said that he wasn’t anxious about it. She had already accepted him as her apprentice, but now she would be introducing him to the other medicine cats of the Clans. He wasn’t nervous about whether or not he would be accepted by them, nor was he worried about being judged by them for his gift of sight. His mentor had told him of her friend, Startledcrow, WindClan’s previous Clan healer, who was rather connected to StarClan in his own way. It comforted him to know that there were other cats, like him, who had been gifted by the touch of their ancestors. Perhaps there would be more like him among those who gathered tonight? 

His pondering regarding the other medicine cats aside, Wasppaw also had his doubts about going to the mooncave, with the knowledge of his connection to their warrior ancestors. He knew it would be overwhelming going to such a highly religious ground with his abilities, but it seemed as though Hareflight was already more than aware of that. As she showed him the way through the territory on their trek to the mooncave, she was trying to ensure him, encourage him, and provide for him. His mentor may have seemed like she was anxiously babbling, in an endless tangent, but he knew that she was simply happy for him. She must be thrilled to be a mentor, he thought, a smile on his face as he listened quietly to the ShadowClan healer continue on. To anyone else, Wasppaw’s responses might have seemed minimal and that he was uninterested, as he only piped up to respond to her chattering in between her pauses to let her know he was listening, but his response to his mentor was earnest. He simply just did not want to distract her from the good mood she appeared to be in. He’d prefer to let her prattle on in peace and look forward to the meeting, instead of worrying over him too much.

However, the young tom’s mood quickly took a turn as the pair approached the slope of the mooncave. Even from the distance where they were at in the ghostly flats as they neared the cave entrance, Wasppaw could hear whispers. And far too many of them to be just that of those who may have arrived already and were waiting for them inside. His paws tingled as a grip of anticipation rose up within him. As they got even closer, the voices multiplied, so much so that he wasn’t even sure if he could make out his mentor’s voice anymore. He gritted his teeth and took a pause, knowing that Hareflight would wait for him if he needed her to. Wasppaw took a deep, shaky breath, and then he proceeded to follow the calico healer carefully down the steps towards the mooncave. But inside their dwelling, it was even worse. Inside, he could see the shapes of more cats than he knew how to count. Their silhouettes were bright, but so faint. It was different than he thought it would be. He figured that he would see spirits, upon spirits, upon spirits, but all he could make out was the figure of starry pelts and glowing eyes from, seemingly, a distance. It was as though they were watching them but they would not interact with them directly. It was different than what he was used to, with the noisy ghosts that would pester him day in and day out. 

He was so distracted that he hadn’t even noticed his mentor’s introductions. “O-oh, uh– I’m sorry,” He stammered, quite unlike his usual, composed self, and turned his bi-colored eyes onto the more-present cats before him. As Hareflight introduced them, Wasppaw remembered the descriptions she had given him earlier. The long-furred silver tom was Rainysky, RiverClan’s medicine cat. The calico molly next to him was unfamiliar to him and he hadn’t recalled Hareflight mentioning her. Perhaps he wasn’t the only new apprentice? He smiled gently at her. Then, the pair next to them must be Saffrongaze and Speckledpaw, the SkyClan healers. That meant then that the one remaining was Dovesong, WindClan’s medicine cat. “My name is Wasppaw, it’s nice to meet you all.” After he had finished introducing himself, the sound of pawsteps alerted him to the arrival of more cats. Turning his head, he saw the shapes of a round, cream-patched she-cat and a golden-hued molly. Ah, they must be ThunderClan, he thought.

Pheebs
    Participant

Morningpaw was ready to go long before Peachblossom was prepared, but she knew how quickly the other changed. With a patient smile, the apprentice watched her mentor pace restlessly. It was freeing to not feel like a burden, and it was by maturing over the moons that she finally realized the only way to keep up with a storm was to race next to it. For the longest time, the ginger and white molly had tried to make her mentor slow down for her, but one could not tell the wind to slow and expect it to listen. 

“It’s about time we got moving, kid.”

The tabby smiled in acknowledgment of her words, swiftly rising and stepping back so her mentor could take the lead. As they walked, Morningpaw considered the change in their relationship. With her newfound reflective mood, Morningpaw thought on how her shyness, an ever-present thing, had been all-consuming as a child. Moons of exposure to a thorn as sharp as Peachblossom turned the youth’s soft edges into something firmer- not razor edges but no longer giving way to every gale. For that, she was appreciative to Peachblossom. By training under her, Peach taught her more than just herbs. Perhaps, they will never be friends, but Morningpaw was content with respect between them. This warm feeling accompanied her the rest of the way.

The Mooncave’s beauty was a timeless thing, unchanged though the pattern of weathering says otherwise. The wordless language of the sea carved itself onto the surface of the cliffs, even within the cave itself. At the center, a pool of glittering water stretched out around a tall, proud stone structure. The rock glittered and threw off light from an opening in the roof of the cave, bathing the gathered felines with reflected moonlight that painted silver over the healers. It was a picturesque scene that stunned the mind, halted the tongue, and brought wonder to life in front of you. Morningpaw only wished she could enjoy it as she hoped the others did.

A sweep of her eyes revealed who all was there- everyone, it would seem. “Remember to be on your best behavior-“ Morningpaw nodded dutifully, retreating to Peachblossom’s flank as she approached Hareflight. Those two are new. She nodded at the apprentices, consciously aware that she was far too old to be an apprentice. Peach has never been traditional, though.

At her cue, the golden tabby’s lips turned up in a dazzling smile. “Hi, it’s nice to see everyone again- and to meet the new faces,” she added with a side glance to Wasppaw and Cherrypaw. Morningpaw’s attention caught on the silvery form of Dovesong, and a brief moment of consternation flickered over her face. Just as fleetingly, it was gone, smoothed over by her calming, embracing smile.

Chris
    Participant

Rainysky and his apprentice passed the time preceding the arrival of the others by talking, and by studying the way that the water slowly ebbed back into its prior glass-like consistency in the wake of their footsteps.

“You’ll find things change quickly, you won’t be new for long.” He told Cherypaw, thinking of the cats they’d seen pass through their rank since his own appointment

Soon however he began to hear voices, and then one by one they trickled into the cavern just as they had at every half-moon before. First came Saffrongaze, the senior in experience among their number. She really was quite cute, short with those little folded ears. Each time he saw her Rainysky imagined, if he preferred she-cats, she might have caught his eye. But it was pure speculation. If he padded after she-cats he wouldn’t be himself, now would he?

“Thank you.” He purred, inkling his head slightly to the SkyClanner. “I am well, and so is RiverClan. This is Cherrypaw, Sorrelember’s daughter. I was given a sign that she was to follow the path of a Medicine Cat. She’s already such a great learner, she’s putting me in my early days to shame!” He twitched his long silvery whiskers.

“Hareflight! Hey!” He stood when his stumpy-tailed friend appeared, preceded by her nervous chatterings by a long stretch. He saw now it was not herself that she’d been addressing, as he eyed a smaller torbie tom alongside her. “Wow! We’re both mentors now!” He purred, standing to scamper over and touch noses with her briefly. His gaze shifted to Wasppaw. “Oh, you’re going to love training under Hareflight. She’s really nice.” He purred.

“Hey Cherrypaw! C’mon over and meet Hareflight’s new apprentice, you’re not the only new one!” He signaled with his tail. When his apprentice was nearer him, he dropped his voice at the exact moment that Peachblossom and hers entered.

“That’s Peachblossom, be careful around her, she’s…uh…well I’ll let you make up your own mind, just be cautious.” He advised softly, giving Morningpaw a smile. He liked the apprentice well enough, but her mentor was a different story. While he’d hesitate to call her evil or anything drastic, he didn’t want poor Cherrypaw to have a bad first experience at the mooncave.

Saffie
    Participant

:: Saffrongaze ::

Saffrongaze had settled on her haunches to rest her paws and to better listen to Rainysky. She considered him a dear friend, and if something were to happen, she would come to his den. Granted, she gained respect for Shadowclan after Firestar and Hornetstar had kissed and made up. She listened to the Riverclan medicine cat as he spoke of his apprentice, looking at the younger feminine. Cherrypaw had potential; much potential. She could sense it. She gave a respectful nod toward Cherrypaw, offering her a tender and motherly smile. Her folded ears flicked and her head followed where the pawsteps were coming from. Next was Hareflight and her apprentice, Wasppaw. Her eyes landed on Hareflight a tad longer than usual. Before, she was just Harepaw, apprenticed to Saplingskies but now, a fully grown, trained medicine cat, with an apprentice of her own. Watching her trot forward almost made Saffrongaze tear. So much has changed, has happened within the time of her living. So many cats to have come, go, retire, rise from the ashes. She prayed she could live further to witness it all. “Harereflight, how are you?” She asked, offering her a smile and head-tip. She turned her eyes toward the apprentice and offered him a head-tip. “Hello, Wasppaw. I’m sure Hareflight soothed you over when coming to the Mooncave but if you find yourself in a panic, we’ll all be there so there’s no need to worry.” She purred. She gave a nod toward Dovesong, in which she nodded back.

Twitching her ears again, another familiar scent filled the area. Peachblossom; a strong medicine cat. Saffrongaze gave a respectful nod toward her, noticing a cat following by her side. Another apprentice; Saffrongaze began to feel old at this point… Even with Speckledmoss, she no longer had an apprentice but a partner in the medicine cat den. “Peachblossom, welcome to the party.” She tried to throw a joke in to get some tension off her shoulders. She let Peachblossom announce her apprentice and Saffrongaze gave a greeting head nod toward her. Morningpaw seemed to trot alongside Peachblossom without a care in the world but she could sense Peach didn’t have the same aura toward Morning. Saffron wondered but the thought was pushed out. Saffrongaze sat as the apprentices began to mingle and it couldn’t bring more joy to the peach Scottish Fold. The next generation of healers; a bunch of strong-willed and aura wielding youngins. She looked at Speckled and gave a joyed smile.

After a while, she counted that everyone was accounted for and she stood to her paws. “Come now, we’ll have plenty of time to mingle some more once we reach the Astral Plains of Starclan.” She said, looking over to the other medicine cats for confirmation.

Hareflight [Mel]
    Participant

『 H A R E F L I G H T 』

As Peachblossom bounded over to her, Hareflight nuzzled back into her friend, a comfortable feeling settling into her chest. It was always good to see that Peach was well – although she trusted her friend immensely, she was also well aware for her penchant for trouble. Hareflight echoed greetings back to everyone, looking and feeling comfortable around her fellow healers. As it were, this was one of the few places she was truly comfortable. With this in her mind, Hareflight kept glancing over to Wasppaw to make sure he felt the same… or at least was on his way. She had no way of knowing what he was going through right now and that concerned her. She hated not fully being able to be there for him. As Saffrongaze spoke, Hareflight nodded in agreement. “Y-Yes, we’d better get to it.” She smiled at the other medicine cats, before nudging Wasppaw to follow her.

Hareflight led him around to the other side of the stone, and crouched down slightly, worry crossing her features. “H-How are you holding up? If you don’t want t-to do this tonight, you don’t have to. I’m h-here, StarClan doesn’t need b-both of us if you aren’t feeling up to it. Please. Be honest with me.” Her bi-coloured gaze scanned his face, looking for any doubt, any emotion that she should be worried about. Of course, it was normal for an apprentice to be nervous their first time – was Hareflight already being too over-protective? She chewed on the inside of her cheek, hoping to StarClan she hadn’t made a mistake by bringing Wasppaw here. She trusted in him and his capabilities, but she also didn’t want to overwhelm the poor apprentice. He had only been her apprentice for a short time, but she already got the feeling that he could be one to push himself past his comfort zone in order to prove himself (to who, she didn’t know), and Hareflight did not want that for him.

All she could do was keep an eye on him and hope for the best, she supposed.

Peach
    Participant

“Yes we should get started.” Peachblossom now standing before all the other healers, her gaze dancing between them, while she wasn’t the biggest fan of Starclan being able to meet up with everyone like this made everything seem so normal and comforting. Looking to the two newer apprentices, “Good luck and remember not to panic, your mentors will be right there beside you.” It was almost painfully obvious the difference in how she approached her first meeting with Morningpaw and now these two who aren’t even her apprentices. Looking eyes momentarily with her own apprentice, I’m here, Peachblossom still struggled with outwardly accepting the molly but recently she has been silently more accepting to her. Leaving the others standing there Peachblossom hesitantly approached Stargazers Rock, her short legs leaping onto massive rock, a cool touch rushing throughout her small body as she curled onto the rock. Her eyes slowly closing. 

The unusual glow of Mooncave being engulfed in darkness as a ‘sleep’ took her, Peachblossom hated receiving dreams from their ancestors, closing comparing the feeling of accepting the dreams to the overwhelming feeling of falling from a high ledge. When she opened her mind’s eye she expected to see the familiar astral planes of their ancestors territory, but rather they were greeted with an uncomfortable silence, the starry territory gone it was like everything was wiped cleaned, a blank slate. Frantically she glanced to either side of her looking for the other healers, but none of them appeared. “Hareflight! Morningpaw!” Her calls falling on empty ears as still no one appeared or answered. Her voiced bouncing off the emptiness, echoing around her, 

Almost as soon as her voice faded out a faint, flickering light caught her attention, “Maybe we just opened our minds too quickly…” Taking a deep breath before taking the first steps toward the faint light. Even though she was continuously heading towards the light, she didn’t seem to actually get any closer as if a loop was stopping her from reaching the light. 

Peachblossom jumped slightly as a cool liquid flooded over her paws, water perhaps? No wait, water isn’t this thick. Swallowing hard her gaze slowly looked down at her paws, her creamy toes being stained black. Her paws taking her back in the direction she came from, feeling the mystery liquid raising No No No Not Again! Remembering their previous vision of the healers being overtaken by water. You think the healers would be used to the violence of visions by now but they were always so realistic she couldn’t help but feel a panic taking over when the black water was non stop raising. Running was useless, her eyes shutting tightly as the thick liquid overtook the molly’s smaller body quickly. 

Jolting awake Peachblossoms small body was trembling, I swear Starclan must have a thing for trying to drown me. Trying to take slow deep breaths, trying to put herself back in reality at the sight of her best friend laying there safely helping ease the process along. Finding her strength Peachblossom pulled herself to her trembling paws, quickly leaping off the rock, not wanting to risk being thrown back into whatever that was. Glancing at the others she wasn’t the only one shaken up, but why did the others seem so calm.

Chris
    Participant

The silver tabby tom ducked his head with a bashful air about him when Peachblossom interrupted their conversation to call the meeting to order. Had she overhead what he’d said? He’d meant no offense, naturally, but that did not preclude any being taken on her part. He mewed a quick parting to Hareflight and Wasppaw before leading his own apprentice to the base where water met stone.

“I’m right here. Cherrypaw. If you get scared just kick me ‘til I wake.” He said as he made himself comfortable in the outcropping of silver stone. His entire body was all in jitters- how would he even fall asleep like this? The same question plagued him with every visit, and yet just as it had all those other instances, sleep began to creep upon him in a less-than-natural way. It was due primarily to this that he was certain there was a mystical aspect to sharing dreams. He’d toss and turn for hours in his own nest, and yet here among cats he only saw twice a moon he fell into sleep’s arms as easily as a kit.

What followed was a series of hazy half-remembered memories. Fleeting images of the forest, the river, Koipetal. In other words, run-of-the-mill dreams with no phantasmal aura to them. When he woke he did feel stiff in a distinct way as though indicating he’d been unconscious for a long time. But up above the half-moon had hardly budged in the sky. His pale seafoam eyes darted about from face-to-face, taking in the concerned expressions some of them now wore. Cherrypaw looked the worst to him.

“Wh-Cherrypaw. What did you see?” He meowed, eyes wide, staring at the entire group in alarm. “What happened?”

Missa
    Participant

Cherrypaw

The small molly’s ears perked up once she heard her mentor to come towards him, she reached the Shadowclan cats and dipped her head respectfully before blushing, it was a lot to take in tonight.. Especially with all them coming in and mingling at once, but Cherrypaw didn’t show any signs of being nervous. Instead she grinned at Waspaw “I’m very glad I’m not the only new apprentice! It’s so nice to meet you Waspaw, I hope we can be friends.” Cherrypaw said as she looked over at the tom and she chuckled and noticed he as well had bi-colored eyes and raised her head, pretending to be prideful

“We can start by agreeing that we’re pretty cool since we have bi-colored eyes as well” Cherrypaw chuckled, there weren’t really enough bi-colored eyes in Riverclan but she noticed that both Wasppaw and Hareflight had bi-colored eyes along with her, so it was nice to having a small introduction along with something to talk about but it was cut short when Peachblossom called everyone over and she remembered Rainysky’s words carefully, she wouldn’t judge the medicine cat right away. Cherrypaw was more of an observer, she watched and listened carefully, it helped a lot with learning about herbs and how to treat injures but to also see cats and their true intentions.. It’s probably why she preferred her hearing abilities more.

Laying nearby her mentor, she nodded and she smiled softly “I’ll be careful Rainysky, I won’t kick you too hard.. Promise” She chuckled before looking at the water for a moment before sighing softly and resting her head on her two small paws and soon drifting off to sleep.

The area was blank, there wasn’t anyone nearby.. There was no light source around really but a faint light ahead, so the small calico molly tried going towards it but it felt like her paws weren’t taking her anywhere, it wasn’t until she heard a high pitch screech and she doubled over in pain as suddenly she heard liquid being poured, it sounded very gloopy as the molly felt liquid hitting her paws and her bi-colored eyes widened as she saw the black liquid surrounding her paws and shaking her head “No!” She shouted, trying to escape the black liquid but it was getting thicker and thicker, more liquid filling up and she was trying to swim over it but it was no use as she was clearly sinking.

“Rainysky!” She called, her bi-colored eyes were widened in fear as she tried to kick through the liquid but nothing was working, the screeching in her ear made it worse too and usually her ability to see long distance couldn’t help.. Not being able to spot the light anymore and fear overtook her

“Rainsky! Please help me!” Cherrypaw begged but he wasn’t around, he must have been experiencing something similar as well and her eyes closed as she tried to call out for help again but calling for two different cats, Sorrelember and Darkstar

“Mom! Dad!” She called but she knew there was no way they would be able to help.. They were back safely in their camp. The small molly would have to suffer this alone and she let out a sob and the liquid overcame her.

Cherrypaw gasped as she woke up, her fur was standing up and she breathing heavily as she looked around until she saw her mentor awake and looking at her with a worried expression and she pressed herself towards him as she was trying to catch her breath. It wasn’t the first time that Rainysky was around during Cherrypaw’s panic attacks, as he was comforting her during her first day as a medicine cat when she suddenly heard a high pitch screech from a car, but that was because the car wasn’t even in Riverclan territory, it was in Thunderclan’s. It was one of the first experiences with Cherrypaw’s abilities and she told him what happened and they sat down together and Rainysky explained that they would figure it out together.

Soon Cherrypaw was able to speak as she spoke to Rainysky “I was trying to run to this light.. But then I heard that high pitch screech like what happened with the monster in Thunderclan territory, and this black liquid was overflowing me.. It was so gloopy and smelly, I couldn’t get out of it and I ended up drowning from it” She whispered and she managed to lick her fur a bit to keep it from standing, calming her down. Yes the molly was newly apprenticed, but she was also six moons old.. She was frightened with that dream, Cherrypaw didn’t expect to dream of something so horrible for her first time at the Mooncave.

Tori
    Participant

– W A S P – 

The young calico tom smiled softly as the RiverClan healers approached him and his mentor, their voices seemed kind and so did their expressions– earnest and genuine. He met Cherrypaw’s bi-colored eyes as she began to speak to him. She seemed to want to get to know him and it put him at ease to be so welcomed. It truly was hard to feel accepted and comfortable when all he had experienced thus far was solitude from other cats his age within his own Clan. The RiverClan medicine apprentice in particular seemed as though she had plenty of enthusiasm to spare. It was quite cute, he thought. Tucking in his chin and lowering his eyes, Wasppaw smiled softly back at the she-cat. “It’s nice to meet you,” He replied, unsure of how-else to respond to the calico feline. After all, he really wasn’t used to friendly, casual conversation with other apprentices.

But it seemed as though he didn’t have to this time, as the senior medicine cat, Saffrongaze, was declaring that it was time to get started. But before he and his mentor joined the others, Hareflight paused to check up on him and to help guide him along the way. He really was lucky to have someone like her as a mentor. She cared, she was gentle, and most of all, she was ready to be there for him. The elder ShadowClanner was almost like another mother to him now. “I’m alright, Hareflight,” He assured her, meeting her reflected bi-colored eyes as the pair made their way up to Stargazer’s rock to join the other healers. Whatever was to happen tonight, he didn’t need to worry. It would just be like every day to him, seeing spirits and speaking with them. Right?

The stone was unlike anything he had seen before. Not only was it huge but it gave off an almost ethereal gleam, providing enough light within the dim cave that it was all the cats seemed to need to see. It was certainly striking and awe-inspiring. Prior the instructions of his mentor, Wasppaw laid on his paws before the glowing rock. Once he was comfortably settled, he pressed his nose to the cold surface without hesitation.

Immediately, he was thrown into unconsciousness. The change was so quick and so drastic, he felt like he had just received a case of whiplash. But… When he had opened his eyes again, the calico tom found himself squinting in confusion. This wasn’t what he had expected from StarClan’s hunting grounds. The stories he had heard from Saplingskies were much different than what he was seeing now. He had expected open fields, sunny skies, a soft breeze, but what he saw was

Nothing.

Empty space stretched out before him with no clear footing or ending. The lighting was dim and faint, with just enough light to see but not enough to tell where the source of the light was coming from. He felt dread and anxiety hollow the inside of his chest but Wasppaw knew better than to panic. He understood that what he was seeing wasn’t reality and he knew that panicking wouldn’t get him anywhere. He steadied himself with a deep breath and began to move forward. Perhaps this way he would find answers within the desolate spaciousness. He did not make it far, however, as a wave of black liquid began to advance quickly towards him from ahead. He froze, his immediate instinct being to flee away but deep inside something told him that he wouldn’t be able to outrun it even if he tried. So instead, he gritted his teeth and prepared himself for what was coming. The dense black substance overflowed onto his paws and Wasppaw grimaced. He could feel how heavy and sticky it was, it clung to his fur and it held such a heavy weight that instinct told him to move away immediately– but his paws wouldn’t budge. It was as if they were glued to the ground. The level of the inky material continued to rise above his legs and clung to his sides, until it reached his chin. He squeezed his eyes shut and took in a breath, preparing himself for the inevitable. As the denseness overcame him, his ability to breathe became null. He couldn’t see, or hear, or feel. Logic took a dive and fear overwhelmed the young tom. 

Was StarClan rejecting him? Did they have no need for a medicine cat borne of the treason of prior Clan leaders? Were they angry and therefore punishing him for being born? Am I going to die? He thought, trepidation gripping him tighter than the black substance had. This isn’t fair! I didn’t do anything wrong! For the first time, Wasppaw felt something akin to resentment towards his parents. All he had ever been in his entire life was an outcast and now he was going to die– alone and afraid—

And then, with a jolt, he awoke.

Wide, scared eyes immediately surveyed his surroundings. Here he was, back at the mooncave, surrounded by the other medicine cats. His eyes stung from the sudden brightness, an almost extreme contrast to the darkness he experienced just moments before. As he heard the sounds of scared wailing from Cherrypaw and the concerned crowding of Rainysky, he quickly deduced that what he had seen was a vision from their warrior ancestors. Wasppaw willed for his fur to lay flat and for his heart to calm down. Hareflight was quickly at his side, her distressed expression and stammering words moving a mile a minute that he almost couldn’t understand what she was trying to say to him. He parted his jaws to reply to her, to help calm her down, but the only thing that escaped him was the same thick, black liquid he had been encased in. He coughed immediately, his body heaving as he attempted to expel the substance fully from his body. It burned as it exited his throat and it stung him so much that it made his eyes water from the pain. He struggled to catch his breath afterwards, unable to speak from the rawness.

Hareflight [Mel]
    Participant

『 H A R E F L I G H T 』

Having been assured that Wasppaw would be fine, she led him to Stargazer’s Rock and settled down, making sure to find a comfortable position. She knew if she didn’t, her muscles would ache for sure after. Hareflight watched Wasppaw settle down beside her and waited until he’d pressed his nose to the rock and fallen into StarClan’s dream. Satisfied that he was fine and well, Hareflight pressed her side up against his and touched her nose to the rock. 

What followed next was a flurry of dreams, none of which Hareflight was properly conscious of. If she had had a proper understanding of her current unconscious state, she might have known something was not right. She might have known no-one met in StarClan’s usual hunting grounds. But as it were, she didn’t know this and it wasn’t until she was pulled roughly from this state by the anxious noises of Cherrypaw that she understood something was very wrong. Her eyes searched for the RiverClan apprentice, and, seeing how distraught she was, Hareflight’s attention immediately switched to her own apprentice to make sure he was okay.

She stood to face him, worry cemented on her features. His fur was standing on end, she noticed, and this created a panic in her heart. What had happened? What had they seen? “W-W-Wasppaw, are you o-okay? W-What happened? D-Did you see something?” She took a step towards him. “D-Did-” The healer was cut off as Wasppaw opened his mouth to speak. Instead of words, however, flowed a thick, black liquid. As it hit the ground, splashes of it hit her paws and Hareflight let out a soft shriek. What in StarClan’s name was going on? What had happened? The liquid smelled like death itself and every muscle in her body was urging Hareflight to run, to get Wasppaw and run back to ShadowClan. Whatever was wrong with him, she had to figure it out. Whatever was happening, she had to fix it. But, despite these thoughts, panic rooted her paws to the ground and all she could do was stare, wide-eyed at her apprentice, mouth dripping with the awful, black substance.

She finally tore her eyes away from her apprentice, searching for Peachblossom in the crowd. There she was. They locked eyes and Hareflight saw the same fear reflected in her friend’s blue gaze. Whatever Cherrypaw and Wasppaw had seen, Peachblossom had seen it too. She hoped her gaze communicated enough for Peachblossom to stay safe, but she didn’t have time to stop and chat. She had to get Wasppaw home. She would get him home, he could tell her what happened, and she could speak to Smokestar and then Saplingskies. Oh, Saplingskies would not react well to this. Her stomach did a flip. Her apprentice – his foster son – was sick with something unnatural. Had she made a mistake? Was StarClan angry? Surely, it couldn’t be that. So, why was this happening? Hareflight forced herself back into the present, ignoring the mile-a-minute thoughts in her head. “W-W-Wasppaw, w-we need to– we need to go. We need t-t-to get you home. A-Are you okay enough for us to go? Do-Do you need to rest first? Panic was filling her chest, but she tried to stay level-headed. Nothing like this had ever happened during her apprenticeship. Had she made a mistake somewhere? How was she supposed to handle this when she had no experience whatsoever in… whatever this was. She glanced around at the other healers, concern written plainly across her face. “We-We’ll get you home and it’ll be okay. You’ll b-be okay.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Neutral Areas The Mooncave Blight Upon The Stars (MC Meeting 1/10/21)