Skip to toolbar

birds of a feather // rook + raven

Forums ShadowClan ShadowClan Camp birds of a feather // rook + raven

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by snow.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    snow
    Participant

r a v e n p a w
    in camp with rookpaw

It was quite chilly outside, the leaf-fall wind slowly turning to leaf-bare as the leaves continued to litter the ground. It seemed autumn was getting closer to its end, the ground underpaw dusted with frost in the early morning only to be melted off by sun-high. The pine trees rustled softly as their needles brushed against each other, dropping pine cones onto the forest floor below. Although the weather was certainly getting colder, there was one cat who didn’t seem to mind. A charcoal bengal sat on her haunches with her plumy tail coiled tightly around her, blue eyes narrowed to slits as she watched a group of kits scuffle a few fox-lengths away. The small she-cat had no interest in their game; her only curiosity was why were they outside without their mother. They looked quite young to be playing in the cold and having no cat supervise them. As long as they don’t get under my paws… the coal colored molly thought grumpily, twitching her black nose disdainfully.

Turning away from the parade of kittens, the new apprentice sauntered toward the fresh-kill pile, the warm aroma of the game flooding her nostrils. Belly growling hungrily, she sank her fangs into a small frog, flicking her tail tip in contentment. Retreating to her seat beneath one of the large pines, she began gnawing on the amphibian, fangs crunching it’s slimy body as she ate hungrily. Once finished, she merely began grooming her paws and drawing them over her face, lost in thought. Her first session with Cloudedmoon went good, though the apprentice was surprised at how exhilarating it was to sprint through the forest and chase prey. Tail lashing back and forth, the young apprentice wondered when her mentor would come to snatch her up for another training session.

annika
    Participant

rookpaw

shadowclan’s little collector 

It was cold. Really cold. As Rookpaw entered back into the clearing alongside her mentor Wintershade, she couldn’t help but shiver as a cold breeze buffeted her thin black pelt. The long-legged apprentice grimaced, shuffling her paws a little and leaning close to the older tom for comfort. Wintershade didn’t seem to notice—or pretended not to, his bicolor gaze glittering with a faint light of amusement as he carried their day’s catch into camp. She was fond of the older tom-cat—though his grizzled and scarred appearance had initially scared her, he had turned out to be quite the softie. As they entered camp, she gave him a little nod and reluctantly pulled away from his thick fur, shivering at the cold. ‘StarClan, couldn’t you have blessed me with a pelt like his?’, she thought jokingly, giving a little huff. Her attention was quickly pulled away from her discomfort at the sight of a familiar dark spotted pelt at the edge of camp.

“Ravenpaw!” Rookpaw called, bounding over to the younger molly with a crooked grin. “How was your first day of training? Cloudedmoon didn’t work you too hard, did she?” It had been so exciting to watch the younger molly get her name. It had been weird, when Rookpaw had been given her name before Ravenpaw, but to be expected with their nearly two-moon age difference. But now they were together again! Rookpaw’s whiskers twitched and a pleased laugh escaped her. She plopped down onto her haunches next to the other molly, giving her friend a little shoulder bump and then curling her tail around her own toes to stay warm. 

snow
    Participant

r a v e n p a w
    in camp with rookpaw

The sound of Rookpaw’s voice hit her eardrum as soon as the molly skittered into camp, eyes bright and ready for an adventure. Typical, Ravenpaw thought lightly, though her fondness of the other apprentice was apparent. “Hey, Rookpaw,” she mewed in a neutral tone, offering her a soft smile. The charcoal-colored molly wasn’t huge on displaying affection, but Rookpaw was different. The she-cat was practically Ravenpaw’s sister after all. “Cloudedmoon? No, she was kind, actually,” the molly stated lightly, reaching forward to touch noses with her denmate. “I saw the territory for a second time since you already snuck us out of camp as kits,” the gray and black apprentice pointed out, a humorous glimmer in her icy blue gaze.

Peering around camp, the apprentice decided her mentor wasn’t going to come to grab her any time soon, so she might as well get comfortable. “Where were you? Patrolling?” she inquired suddenly, gazing up at the older she-cat. “One day we’ll have to take a border patrol out with our apprentices when we’re warriors.” Her words sounded a bit flat, though her face appeared thoughtful. Normally quiet, Ravenpaw turned into a chatterbox whenever Rookpaw was around, though if anyone else joined their conversation she would revert back to her silent self. “Just think, Rookflight and– actually, maybe you’ll be Rookstar by then, and I’ll be your loyal deputy, Ravenfang.” Giving herself quite the brutal name, Ravenpaw nodded in satisfaction, deciding that she would train as hard as possible to be a great fighter. One day, every cat will hear stories about my fighting skills…

annika
    Participant

rookpaw

shadowclan’s little collector

Rookpaw huffed out a giggle at Ravenpaw’s recollection, nose crinkling. “Aww, yeah. That was fun, but my mom is definitely still holding a grudge.” She shuddered, remembering the fierce tongue-lashing they had received from the older molly. They had been stuck helping the medicine cats get ticks out of the elders’ fur for a week! Her fur fluffed up even more around her neck, drawing her shoulders up tight. “Glad you could get out and see it for real this time, without worrying about getting caught. I went out hunting with Wintershade! You should have seen him, he climbed up part of a tree to catch a squirrel!” Rookpaw’s amber eyes went wide with delight as she bragged about her mentor’s feats.

Her head tipped as her adoptive littermate went on, a small smile slowly creeping across rubbery lips. “Me? A mentor?” She laughed, shaking her head a little. “I’m not sure I’ll have the patience. I don’t know how Wintershade puts up with me, honestly. Rookstar…does have a nice ring to it though.” She added as an afterthought, brow furrowing as she craned her neck to peek up at the sky, then back at Ravenpaw. “You as my deputy would be pretty cool. We’d make a pretty great pair. But really? Ravenfang? You strike me more as like…Ravenfall, maybe. I could beat you in a fight with my paws tied behind my back.” She teased lightheartedly. Perhaps for now, that was true, but Rookpaw was certainly the smaller, leaner one of the two. Even she, in her headstrong ways, could see that Ravenpaw would be able to overpower her with just a little training. Oh well. She’d take the advantage while it was still hers.

snow
    Participant

r a v e n p a w
    in camp with rookpaw

The thought of Ravenpaw’s adoptive mother’s harsh tone made the apprentice grimace lightly, whiskers quivering as she remembered how fiercely the molly had yelled at the two. Tipping her furry head to the side, Ravenpaw nodded softly as the other black and white she-cat spoke, blue eyes glittering as she lost herself in thought. “Hmm, up a tree? I’ll have to try that with Cloudedmoon,” she stated plainly, ear twitching as she wondered where the bengal molly had disappeared to. “Maybe we’ll go chasing squirrels later, though I want to go meet some other clan cats. Maybe I’ll get picked to go to the Gathering,” she pondered, tail tip twitching softly as she spoke aloud.

“You don’t want an apprentice?” she murmured suddenly, focusing her blue gaze intensely on Rookpaw. It was surprising to the charcoal-colored molly, especially since she’d begun to grow fond of Cloudedmoon already. Though Ravenpaw wasn’t naive, just because she tolerated the warrior’s company and respected her teachings, didn’t mean the apprentice trusted her. Paranoia is an overstatement, perhaps cautious would be a better word to describe Ravenpaw. As Rookpaw continued chirping away, the bengal she-cat nodded every so often to show she was listening. “Ravenfall?” she spat suddenly, not wanting a cowards name. “Pfft, I deserve a fiercer name at the very least,” she debated, flaring her nose. She didn’t fuel Rookpaw’s fiery comment, just chortled in response. Ravenpaw was younger and already almost taller than her adoptive sibling. It was clear the charcoal bengal would be quite long and lithe once she’s fully grown.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums ShadowClan ShadowClan Camp birds of a feather // rook + raven