An Unwelcome Entry

Forums RiverClam RiverClan Camp An Unwelcome Entry

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Tori
    Participant

–  W I S T E R I A S T A R – 

It was about mid-day and the sun was at its highest peak in the sky. Clouds were clear of its presence, allowing the hot rays of its claws to rake down upon RiverClan camp. The heat was not so bad for them, luckily, because of the waterfall that beat down inside their camp and the luscious growth of greenery that grew around their camp to shade them from the sun if they so desired. It was a peaceful and beautiful day and Wisteriastar found herself resting calmly in the shade with a few of her fellow warriors. Heronflight had already sent out the dawn patrol earlier in the day and had reported no disturbances in their scentlines, much to her pleasure. The hunting patrol had also recently just returned, stacking their fresh-kill-pile with more prey to share with the Clan. The calico warrior had no reason to believe that there would be anything to bother them today.

That was, until she scented something foreign approaching the reed-tunnel that guarded their camp’s entrance. The scent of cats alone was not something that would typically alarm her, however, the additional smell that clung to them was not something she was going to be happy about noting– WindClan. Why they were approaching her camp grounds, the RiverClan leader did not know, but what she did know was that it would be no good news. Her orange eyes flashed over to her deputy, who appeared to already be as aware as she was to the coming commotion. Wisteriastar prepared herself, bringing her body to face the camp entrance to greet their intruders.

Wolfstar
    Participant

Wolfstar had thought all night about who would be joining him to speak with Wisteriastar in RiverClan, and he believed he had chosen wisely. Desertrose had wanted to stand by his side, but he suggested she stay back at camp so both of their presence didn’t seem threatening. Therefore, he chose Squirrelnose and Brookflower to accompany him, and they padded after him silently with no knowledge of what this meeting would be about. The WindClan leader lifted his tail at the two she-cat’s behind him when they got to the RiverClan and WindClan border. “Let’s wait for a patrol to take us,” he meowed, sitting down on his haunches right on the scented line. It didn’t take long for a RiverClan patrol to show up, and with slight hesitation, they finally lead him back to their camp. Wolfstar pushed down his nervousness as they passed through the entrance, his blue eyes roaming around the clearing. It was easy to spot the RiverClan leader, and he gave her a respectful dip of his head. “Greeting’s, Wisteriastar. I apologize for coming without notice, but it is urgent.

He looked around the camp and noticed Heronflight was there, as well as several others he spotted that were in the Gathering from a few nights ago. Unfortunately, that Gathering did not go well, and he had a feeling Wisteriastar would turn him away without giving him time to explain why he was here. So, without hesitation, he looked her in the eyes and began speaking. “I believe it is necessary to speak alone in your den. Your deputy may join if you wish, but I suggest no warriors.” Wolfstar looked around once more to see if Pantherstorm was anywhere nearby. If he was, and the RiverClan leader denied his first request, he didn’t know what he would do. To accuse one of her warrior’s of something horrendous right in front of them would make them all angry, and there were only three of them against a whole Clan. 

Tori
    Participant

– W I S T E R I A S T A R –

She was already aware that the WindClan leader was approaching her campsite before his large head appeared from beyond the reed tunnel, but that didn’t mean that the visual appearance of the grey and white tom came with any less of a feeling of dread. When Wolfstar stepped into her camp, Wisteriastar wished that she could just blatantly scowl at him and turn him away, but she knew that the senior leader did not act without purpose and his reason for being here was likely worth something– at least in his eyes.

At Wolfstar’s suggestion, her orange eyes narrowed at him. It seemed less like a suggestion and more that he was implicating that having her warriors around was a bother to what he had to say to her. Nevertheless, she accepted, albeit begrudgingly. “Very well, but your warriors stay down here.” The calico warrior nodded briskly, and turned towards the waterfall that crashed down in RiverClan camp. A flick of her tail suggested that Heronflight join the two leaders as she made her way up the rocks to her den.

She was sure to be careful as she ascended the slippery rocks– her wide paws were used to the water that slicked them, but she had more than just her own health to be cautious of right now, so she had to be sure to be extra careful than she normally would be on the way up the waterfall. Once the trio safely made their way into the RiverClan leader’s den, Wisteriastar fixed Wolfstar with a narrow ember gaze and demanded, “Now, what did you want with me?”

Finch
    Participant

Heronflight had of course noticed the scent of Windclan at likely the same moment as the Riverclan leader. Displeasure settled over him as, once again and all too sooner after their last visit, Wolfstar entered the Riverclan camp unannounced. Honestly, most of the ire from the grey tom at this point was in the apparent failures of the patrols to alert camp of intruders before they could arrive here. Visits– though not this regularly– were inevitable, but they shouldn’t be conducted in this manner. He would have to request Wolfstar wait at the border for a patrol next time unless the matter was desperately urgent… as well has have a sever conversation with the warriors about what a patrol meant.

As the Windclan cats arrived in camp, however, Heronflight’s sour mood was overcome suddenly by nothing that Brookflower was among the cats accompanying Wolfstar. Doing his best to hide even that fact that they were… acquainted… Heronflight watched motionlessly as they made their approach. Wisteriastar didn’t seem quite as irritable as she had last time this little group had spoken together. Too quickly, he was motioned to follow the leaders, though with a second Windclan warrior present, he wouldn’t be able to talk to Brookflower openly regardless.

Rising slowly and following after the two ahead of him, Heronflight wondered what new turn of ill fate was about to be shared.

Wolfstar
    Participant

Wolfstar gave Brookflower and Squirrelnose a reassuring nod before following the RiverClan leader to her den. He passed by several of her warriors with his head held high and ignored their stares and glares. He wasn’t as agile up the rocky slope as Wisteriastar was, but he didn’t stumble either, thankfully. His large paws found it easy to grasp on the rocks he stepped on, and he bounded after the careful she-cat with ease. At the top, he ducked his head as he pushed through the entrance, and he settled his haunches down a fox-length in front of Wisteriastar. He could feel Heronflight’s displeasure at Wolfstar’s presence just by his looks, but the WindClan leader ignored him, focusing only on Wisteriastar. He waited a few moments before beginning. 

I have come to warn you about one of your own Clanmates, Wisteriastar,” he meowed. “One of my warrior’s was on our side of the territory near the Ghostly Flats and she overheard two cats on your side of the border speaking to each other. They did not notice her, and she told me it was Pantherstorm speaking to a black and white tom with scars littering his entire body. I don’t know about you, but that sounds like Jetstream to me.” Your father. Wolfstar didn’t know how the calico leader would react to him telling her that two of her family members were up to no good, but he continued anyways. “My warrior said that she heard Pantherstorm admit something to Jetstream.” Wolfstar turned his head to look at Heronflight. “It was about you. Pantherstorm tried to murder you at the battle between you and ThunderClan, but failed.” The leader turned back to Wisteriastar. “He told Jetstream he would try again soon, and all of the Clan’s would suffer when he was done.” 

Wolfstar stopped talking, wanting to see not only Wisteriastar’s reaction, but Heronflight’s as well. You should watch your back, Heronflight. Wolfstar actually liked the tom. He didn’t know much of him, but he could tell that the deputy cared for his Clan immensely and seemed like he would make smart decisions. It would be a shame to see someone with a lot of potential murdered at the claws of his own leader’s son. 

Tori
    Participant

When Wolfstar fixed his cold blue eyes directly onto her and began to retell her a story of one of his warriors’s run-in with a gangly black and white tom at the Ghostly Flats, Wisteriastar felt a lump of anxiety form in her throat and drop all the way down to her stomach. It was almost like it was her heart falling into despair. The calico warrior felt as though she were spiraling backwards and backwards, so far back, as if she were being physically propelled seasons and seasons ago, all the way to the past of her rogue life. The life she had spent constantly watching her back, fearing for her life, knowing that she wasn’t safe. Just the mention of her father’s name in itself was triggering for her, not to mention the reality that he was stirring, becoming active again in the Clan’s territory. She had known that her son, Pantherstorm, was becoming unhinged and she knew that there was something within him that was not quite along their norm, but she hadn’t known that he had met his grandfather and was beginning to truly become a threat to their way of peace.

Not only was the WindClan leader inviting himself into her camp, her private space, but he was also intruding into her privacy and her personal life. Overcome by her emotions, Wisteriastar’s immediate reaction to the grey and white tom was anger– at its rawest and truest form. “And tell me, just who do you think you are to come into my camp and throw such accusations at a leader of another Clan? Of her own son, no less?” She spat sharply, “You have no real, tangible evidence, but you waltz in here and slander the name of my son and insult the value of my warrior’s strength, for what? To demand action to be done about something that doesn’t involve you? WindClan seems to think that they’re so high up on the pyramid of life that they feel they can tell the other Clans how to act, huh? You’re not doing yourself or anyone else any favors.” The RiverClan leader stood to her paws, as unsteady and shaky as they were, whether from fear or anger, she didn’t know. But she did know that she wanted to rake her claws over this brute’s face right about now. “Stay out of RiverClan’s business!” She snapped, baring her teeth, “Stay away from my kits, and stay out of my face!” The flicker in her amber eyes reflected a heat as strong as fire as they honed in on the tom across from her. “I believe that WindClan has overstayed their welcome in my camp. Leave my den at once!”

Wolfstar
    Participant

Wisteriastar had reacted and behaved to his news as he and Hollystar feared. Ignorance and insults spewed from the other’s leader’s mouth, lashing at him and glaring at him like she wanted to rake her claws across his face. Too bad, he thought. I was really hoping she would listen for once. Wolfstar couldn’t help but smirk at her words, hiding the anger that boiled within. These other leaders were useless to work with. What was the point in having peace anymore when everyone was acting on their own accord without thinking of their own actions? Wolfstar was done hiding behind the rolling moors and having WindClan stay in the heather bushes waiting for the Clan’s to do what was right, and he knew the other Clan’s believed they would continue to do just that. Action needed to be made before Wisteriastar got out of control. “Accusations at a leader? I’m sorry, Wisteriastar, but when did I ever accuse you of doing anything? Not only that, but I never told you how to act. I was merely informing you of a dangerous rogue conspiring with your own warrior about killing your deputy!” Wolfstar stood up, his muscles bunching up as if he wanted to attack her back, but he stayed put. It would be dangerous to start a fight in another leader’s den surrounded by RiverClan warrior’s that would defend their leader despite her stupidity.

I am tired of listening to you and Hornetstar act like you’re all above the warrior code! Your heads are getting too big for your own good. I have never once demanded anything out of anyone other than to think about a change in a rule for medicine cats. The first time I even spoke up was at the Gathering and that was because you all can’t handle your own warriors! If you think warning another Clan leader of a dangerous rogue in their territory that threatens all of the Clans is insulting to you, then that’s your own problem! I have had enough of your ignorance, and ThunderClan is too.” Wolfstar took a step forward, his blue eyes blazing with fury, and his voice threateningly low. “I think it’s time you were reminded of how sharp our claws really are, because obviously there are some who have forgotten! I will not tolerate this any longer. Expect a war, Wisteriastar, because I will not forget this!” And with that, Wolfstar quickly turned around, his tail lashing furiously as he disappeared out of her den. He looked at Brookflower and Squirrelnose, nodding his head towards the entrance of the camp. “We’re leaving. Now. We need to get back home and prepare.” 

Finch
    Participant

Aware as he was of the threat of Pantherstorm after being clued off by Forestmask after the battle with Thunderclan, the news of a second conspirator, Jetstream, had Heronflight’s nerves crackling. Two cats then, both much better in combat than himself. Now realizing the cause of Wolfstar’s visit was once again altruistic, he felt a moment of shame for the irritation he’d displayed earlier. Ignorant mouse brain, he thought angrily to himself. You’re lucky Wolfstar even bothered to come warn you.

Wincing as Wisteriastar’s temper seethed and boiled over, Heronflight held is tongue. It was entirely the predicted reaction– the reason that he hadn’t brought up his own awareness of Pantherstorm’s betrayal until he had more to back it up than Forestmask’s testament. Now, he would have to broach the subject soon… after his leader had had time to cool off. Unable to out himself but wanting to convey at least a part of his gratitude to Wolfstar and show that he was accepting of the position this put him in, they grey deputy nodded minutely. I’m aware.

The gratitude was gone as quickly as it had come, replaced by horror as Wisteriastar’s reaction provoked a similar one in Wolfstar. War!? And with Thunderclan as well!? His stomach dropped, eyes widening in true alarm at the turn things had taken. Concern for his clan– for his kit, for Forestmask, for Brookflower– froze him. On his feet in an instant, he was following Wolfstar and his warriors to the entrance of the camp. He wanted to thank the Windclan leader just as much as he wanted to curse at him, but the bitter knowledge that he carried no authority to match either leader’s decision stayed his tongue with a profound hopelessness.

“Let this be over soon.”

Unable to say anything kind to a tom who’d just declared war on them, Heronflight settled for what he could. It wasn’t exactly a peace offering, but such a thing wasn’t in Heronflight’s power anyway.

Tori
    Participant

Listening to Wolfstar act as though he were up on his high horse and speak like he was doing her some sort of favor was driving her mad, the utter holier-than-thou attitude he exuded was intolerable to her and she wasn’t just going to stand there and let some testosterone-drunk tom behave like he could drag her through the dirt in her own StarClan-forsaken den. Informing me of a dangerous rogue? She parroted, unable to keep the sneer from her tone of voice as she retorted sharply against the gray-and-white tom, her words dripping with so much malice that they may as well have been poison. “You don’t know anything about Jetstream, you’ve never even met him personally. You’ve only heard the nursery tales. You forget that I’ve lived that hell personally, you have no idea the amounts of torture I went through living there. You haven’t a clue about what he’s really capable of or you wouldn’t even have the slightest thought of trying to oppose him.” He’s not even interested in you anyway, she thought bitterly to herself, you’re causing problems for no reason. I can’t wait until you realize your own mistakes, Wolfstar. The other leader’s anger didn’t intimidate her and it didn’t even rub her fur the wrong way. She knew that the WindClan leader wasn’t going to touch her in her own camp grounds, she wasn’t afraid of him nor did she see him as a threat. The cold, hard fury in his eyes went straight through her; unfazed, the RiverClan leader held up her chin against him and scoffed, “Call all the war you want! We’ll see soon enough who is truly arrogant.” She watched him turn and leave, tail lashing furiously behind her. Her orange eyes flashed quickly to Heronflight, who had remained calm and quiet during their argument. “You heard him, war is coming. We must prepare our Clan at once.”

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums RiverClam RiverClan Camp An Unwelcome Entry