An Unsettling Return (Wolf&Golden) [CLOSED]

Forums WindClan WindClan Camp An Unsettling Return (Wolf&Golden) [CLOSED]

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Wolfstar
    Participant

The chutchut call from a red grouse penetrated Wolfstar’s dreams, waking him up and forcing his blue eyes to blink open with annoyance. Those birds were the most annoying birds on the moor. They were smaller than hens, but their beaks created a noise that could drive any cat insane. Now that the beginning of the end of leafbare was here, they called out to other grouse in the area for mating. The only reason Wolfstar didn’t kill and drive every single one of those birds away from their territory was that they provided quite a bit of food during newleaf and greenleaf. Trying to shut the annoyance from his mind, the large leader yawned and stood up in a stretch, his muscles shaking with satisfaction.

He and Nettlenose had come back to camp during the late night, making sure not to disturb their sleeping Clanmates. He woke and informed Startledcrow of their return so the young medicine cat could spread the news once their early-bird Clanmates awoke in the morning. Now, he heard the everyday commotion of the camp outside his den, and he knew it was time to get up with them. After a quick wash, he stepped outside of the leader’s den and headed straight towards the nursery, dipping his head in greeting to cats he passed by. Thankfully, none of them questioned his journey with Nettlenose, keeping their inquiries and curiosities to themselves. Wolfstar leaned and poked his head through the mouth of the nursery. The dens in their new camp were much more secure and comfortable than the makeshift dens they made in their temporary camp. The nursery fit about six or seven nests, which were never completely full. Only two queens had given birth this leafbare, and both of them were of his family.

The sight of Goldenrose laying with their five-moon old kits made him feel instantly at home. Despite the bad argument he had had with her, he still looked at her as if she was the most beautiful she-cat he had ever seen. Which, she was. The golden-colored flecks that speckled her pelt from head to toe shone in the rays of sunlight that passed through the entrance. The white on her coat matched the snow that blanketed the moors outside, but even more delicate looking. He couldn’t wait until the kits were apprentices and she would be able to come back to their den. He missed waking up to the sight of her everyday. Wolfstar cleared his throat and pushed all the way through. Willowfur was curled up in her nest rasping her tongue over her two kits’ pelts, giving him a nod before focusing her attention back to Stormkit and Desertkit. 

I’m back,” he meowed to Goldenrose, padding towards and placing his nose on the top of her head, breathing in her sweet scent. He hoped she wasn’t as mad as she was when she stormed out of their before he left.

Feared
    Participant

Goldenrose ~ WindClan Queen

Breezekit and Heatherkit were arguing over who loved their mother more, the dark grey and white tomcat looked so much like his handsome father, even though he was just a bit slimmer in build. Heatherkit looked so much like herself it was unnerving, the little molly had a backbone as she never allowed her larger brothers to push her around. Wildkit was the anomaly, she was unsure of where he got such a dark pelt but his build was exactly the same as Wolfstar’s and his little face looked the most like Wolfstar’s. His little twin with a different colored pelt. She was greatly amused, staying silent as she watched Heatherkit and Breezekit argue, their little pelts standing on end with annoyance for one another. Wildkit on the other hand had snuck up on her and licked her cheek, whispering that he loved her more. Goldenrose found herself purring as she licked the cheeks of all her children. “That’s fine… I love you all.” She smiled softly, looking up from the kittens as she noticed the sunlight had shifted with a large shadow. Pupils narrowed slightly as she looked up against the sunlight, vibrant green eyes finding the handsome and gentle features of her mate as he walked into the den. Even after their large fight, seeing him still got her heart to beat a pace faster.

She would never admit it out loud but she had been very worried about her mate and for Nettlenose, a soft and shaky sigh left her pale lips as she watched him get closer and closer. Their kits shifted in excitement upon seeing their father, but Goldenrose barely noticed as she continued to just silently watched Wolfstar get closer. Ears twitched slightly as she heard his familiar deep and husky voice, eyes closing as his nose pressed into the top of her head. No matter the words that had been said so many days ago, he was still her one true love. Nostrils flaring as she also drank in his scent, shifting slightly as she slowly sat up and tenderly rubbed her face and muzzle into his thick neck fur. “I’m so glad.” She whispered softly, keeping her face in his neck for a moment more before she leaned back in order to look up at his face. Goldenrose could see he was tired and wary from his travels, but he had still taken the time to come see her.

Wolfstar
    Participant

Once he had greeted Goldenrose, he felt he was now able to look down at their kits and say hello to them too. He lowered his head and rasped his tongue over the tops of their heads, purring at the sight of all three pairs of eyes gleaming up at him with excitement. They had not been blessed with patient, calm, and attentive kits, but he wouldn’t have wanted it any other way. All three of them had personalities that complimented the others, not the same yet not completely different. Wildkit and Breezekit were competitive with each other, always testing the other’s skills and knowledge. Heatherkit liked to prove them wrong a lot, surprising them with her smarts. All three would be excellent warriors. Wildkit, however, was cursed with the same body build as Wolfstar and would most likely need more hunting training than his littermates.

You three will be apprentices soon. You better make your parents proud or I might have to…” He lowered himself to their level, his eyes gleaming with mischief. “…take you to my badger friend who would happily eat a small kitten for me.” Wolfstar playfully growled and scooped up his kits with a foreleg, bringing them closer to his chest and playfully nipping at their scruffs. Wildkit howled with laughter and pawed at his father’s muzzle, trying to push him away to stop the tickling. Breezekit and Heatherkit both gasped with fake horror, unable to contain their own laughter as well. Wolfstar chuckled and let them go after awhile, letting them play and tussle with each other. His heart swelled with love at the sight, knowing he needed to soak in the moments he had with them as much as he could before they became apprentices. Apprentices were always too cool to let their parents love on them like this.

The WindClan leader crouched down to lay next to Goldenrose, his pelt blending in with hers. He looked at his mate in the eyes, trying to read her expression. She had greeted him with love like he had hoped, and he knew she was nowhere near as angry as she was before. “I’m sorry,” he started. “You were right about my being a little reckless. It’s not fair to you and the kits if I make poor decisions that could end in a life lost. I want to be around as long as possible to be here for you and all of my kits.” He leaned forward and rasped his tongue over her shoulder, following the contour of her muscles to her shoulder blades. “Forgive me for my angered words the other day.” 

Feared
    Participant

She found herself instantly smiling when Wolfstar moved to where he was now greeting their kits, her chin tilting slightly as she looked down at their rowdy dears. Goldenrose definitely hadn’t been blessed with calm and well-behaved kits, but she loved her little troublemakers. She shifted slightly out of the way as Wolfstar scooped up their kittens with a large foreleg, nuzzling them and playing with them. It was endearing to see the large and serious tomcat play with their kittens, green eyes soft and calm as she found herself laughing at their reactions. Breezekit and Wildkit seemed the most amused with their father, while Heatherkit was laughing and giggling but was quickly calming herself down once her father had released his hold on them.

Goldenrose shifted slightly to sit further back in her nest, keeping away from the large rowdy kits as they tumbled over one another. “Great, now that will never settle down.” Goldenrose laughed softly, her eyes warm as she watched the three kittens before she noticed that Wolfstar was settling in beside of her. She couldn’t mask her surprise as she scooted just enough for him to lay beside her, their different colored pelts mingling with one another. As he looked her in the eye she could see that he was a little hesitant, but she couldn’t blame him, the last they had spoken she hadn’t been very… kind. “Wolfstar… it wasn’t fair of me to say such things to you. I don’t… know what I was thinking.” She added in a sheepish tone, clearly she wasn’t very proud of the way she had reacted towards her mate.

As he licked her shoulder blade, she found herself leaning into his touch as she tenderly placed her nose against his cheek. “I’m sorry too.” She breathed softly against his fur, frowning heavily to herself. “I know you have a lot of weight on your shoulders, it wasn’t fair of me.” Goldenrose whispered softly against his cheek, leaning back faintly as she rasped her tongue over his face, grooming his face. “You smell like ShadowClan.” Goldenrose snickered, her nose scrunching up in mock disgust.

Wolfstar
    Participant

Wolfstar was flooded with relief as they both apologized for their behavior and harsh words, feeling close to each other again. Honestly, that had been the first time he had been in an argument with a mate of his, and it took him a little by surprise. Goldenrose had more spunk than Cremefur or Lilybreeze, speaking her mind a lot more often. He wasn’t used to that, but he found himself very attracted to it. He never knew how much he needed someone to question him when he was wrong, or to challenge him. He truly believed she was going to make him a better tom and leader, and he promised himself he would never push her to the side ever again. Wolfstar needed her.

At her teasing comment about his scent, he couldn’t help but smirk. “Great StarClan, I am just so tired and I’ve missed you so much!” He leaned even closer to Goldenrose, rubbing his muzzle into her neck and pressing his flank against hers, pretending to rub off the ShadowClan scent all over. “Oh, excuse me, I just need to stretch a little bit.” His whiskers twitched with amusement, wriggling his body against hers like a worm. “There we go, all better.” With a laugh, he leaned back into the position he was before, crossing his front paws and giving Goldenrose a wink. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to get all up in your personal space. I probably got the ShadowClan scent all over you now.” He kept a mischievous expression and he could hear a small laugh from Willowfur at the back of the den. He knew he was probably going to get swatted, but having fun with her was the best part of his moon. 

Feared
    Participant

Eyes narrowed upon her mate as she noticed the handsome smirk that found its way onto his dark lips, a small breezy laugh escaping her lips when he rubbed his muzzle into her neck and pressed his flank so tightly against her own she doubted that even a small feather could squeeze its way between them. “Oh you!” She gasped as she tried to wiggle free from him, however their kits made sure to keep her boxed in, unable to give her an escape route from her mates stinky pelt. As he gave his body a wiggle, his dark grey and white fur mingling with her white and golden fur, she grinned as she fell onto her side while their kits giggled with pure amusement at their fathers silly behavior. 

Goldenrose couldn’t help the grin that was upon her face as she looked up at her mate, he was grinning and looked so handsome with his paws crossed that way. His blue eyes twinkling with mischief and amusement as he threw a wink her way, causing her cheeks to warm with the attention he was giving her. Although to keep her dignity, she held her chin high and shifted slightly to where she was now laying on her stomach. “You probably did… guess I’m a ShadowClan Queen now.” She mused, giving Wolfstar an equally amusing wink as her tail lightly swatted against his pelt. “Suppose my mate will just appear from the shadows.” Goldenrose teased as she looked towards Breezekit, who was sniffing his mothers pelt and he didn’t seem amused. “My mommy isn’t a ShadowClan Queen…” He complained, but his mother definitely didn’t smell like Goldenrose. Goldenrose laughed in amusement, standing up to stretch out her tall and slender body. “Too bad, Breezekit. I’ve been turned.” She teased the little tom, licking his ears. 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums WindClan WindClan Camp An Unsettling Return (Wolf&Golden) [CLOSED]