Skip to toolbar

An Explanation (Willow&Startled) [CLOSED]

Forums WindClan WindClan Territory An Explanation (Willow&Startled) [CLOSED]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Wolfstar
    Participant

The Gathering had been quite the show. Kass being appointed deputy was shocking, but Willowfur had no idea that one cat could make everyone riled up and so angry. My father was a rogue, so why is having Kass deputy so awful? She knew the blue tabby had a stronger bite than most Clan cats, but maybe that was just what the Clans needed; someone willing enough to stand up for themselves and their Clan. Although, Kass could have explained herself better without having to say awful things about the rest of the them and StarClan. Her attitude was distasteful, but if she learned how to control it then she could become a great leader. Willowfur had wanted to say her opinion on the matter, but she learned from listening into conversations that most, if not all, of her Clanmate’s hated the new deputy, and she didn’t want them to think of her as odd.

Willowfur’s green eyes were on Startledcrow almost the whole way back home. Fortunately, they lived so close to the Ghostly Flat’s that it hardly took any time at all to make it back to their makeshift camp. Padding faster, Willowfur caught up to Startledcrow and nosed his shoulder, motioning with her tail for him to follow her. She noticed several glances their way, but she chose to ignore them, her ears flattening to the back of her head. Everybody would know by sunhigh. The ginger she-cat turned her head to make sure the medicine cat was following her, leading him to the other side of the abandoned Twoleg nest that used to be their home, away from their Clanmates.

She sat down on her haunches and wrapped her tail neatly around her front paws, narrowing her eyes with obvious anger at the cat she loved so much. Ever since she found out about the pregnancy, her emotions and moods went up and down like crazy, making her more snappy than usual. She waited until Startledcrow sat down as well before saying anything. “Did you see the look Wolfstar gave us?” she questioned him, her green eyes suddenly widening with a small amount of fear. “I thought we talked about keeping it a secret? We even told Nettlenose not to tell my father. I was talking with some RiverClan cats and they were sitting right next to me when you pressed to my side and whispered in my ear!” She glared. “What was that about? Are you trying to prove something to Wolfstar? Do you hate him that much? I can’t be with someone who’s going to be so open on hating my father! I will only get bigger, Startledcrow, which means that they’ll all suddenly realize I’m expecting kits. And what you pulled tonight is going to make them put two and two together. You can lose your rank, Startledcrow! I would hate myself if that happened to you. I mean…you would make a great warrior…but that’s not you! And-” Willowfur stopped talking suddenly, her eye brows furrowing with frustration after letting all of that out.

Realizing she was talking like she wasn’t thinking clearly, Willowfur’s shoulders drooped. “Can you just explain to me what you were thinking, please?” she said in a much calmer voice, trying not to make her emotions go crazier than they already were.

Feared
    Participant

Startledcrow ~ WindClan Medicine Cat

The gathering had been a disaster, his head was throbbing the headache he had received from the ancestors screeching all around him about their displeasure of what transpired at the gathering. He sighed softly for a moment, his large paws slightly sinking into the mud of the aftermath to the previous flood, chin lifting as he ended up having to tilt his head in order to watch his footing, his thoughts trailing back and forth between the gathering and their ancestors aggressively surrounding the clearing. Although he was brought out of his thoughts when he felt a small nudge to his shoulder blade, turning his head to look at the culprit, blue eyes warming at the sight of Willowfur although her returning expression was not nearly as warm. Following her gesture with a simple blink in reply, he broke off from the rest of the group and began to follow her further away from the traveling cats, head tilting as they rounded the corner of the twoleg place. “Are you okay? I couldn’t see much through the havoc at the-“ He was quickly cut off as Willowfur broke into a full on rant, her green eyes ablaze with irritation and anger towards him. Grunting to himself, he lowered himself into a sitting position as she went off on him, head tilting for a moment as his blue eyes registered her slowly. Normally this hot-headed young male wouldn’t allow anyone to speak to him in such a manner, not even his leader, but for his mate she was the only exception. Silently he admired her beauty, the way her eyebrows pinched together in frustration and the way her long tail fluffed out with agitation at this particular moment. Is it bad I just want to rub against you? Startledcrow thought silently to himself, his ears pointed in her direction although her words weren’t reaching him.

However, when she cut herself off, he found himself lifting his eyebrows in question as she seemed to calm herself down. Once she seemed reasonable he purred and pushed himself up on his paws, walking briskly towards his mate as he tenderly rubbed his body length against her own and rasped in her ear. “Don’t worry so much, I have an idea. And it’s hiding in the bushes.” He whispered, completely calm and collected as he expressed affection towards the molly, giving her neck a quick lick before he turned and sat beside of his mate, his blue eyes hardening as he stared at the bush. “Come on our, EveningStorm.” He meowed, his older brother was a quiet stalker but the wind had shifted and his scent had been flooding Startledcrows scent glands for a solid two minutes. His dark grey tabby fur was mixing with Willowfur’s ginger striped fur as he watched with satisfaction as the bushes parted to reveal his older brother. Eveningstorm eyed the two younger cats with apprehension, he couldn’t help but notice them taking off while on the way home and with Startledcrow being his younger brother… let’s just say curiosity got the better of him. ”You two have a lot of nerve, doing what ya doing.” Eveningstorm chuckled, simply amused with what he had overheard and seen, mates?! Kits?! Looking between Startledcrow and Willowfur he gave a small nod and lowered himself into a laying position, his paws aching from the soggy ground underfoot. I suppose we both like gingers. Eveningstorm mused to himself, lips parting once more. ”I certainly approve of the arrangement, but how on earth are you going to hide this? Wolfstar will have you banished or killed for mating with his daughter.” Eveningstorm meowed, his expression and tone were clearly worried for his younger brother, but Startledcrow appeared calm as he tilted his chin and gave Eveningstorm one of his charming smiles. “Why… I actually plan for you to help us, Eveningstorm. I want you to pretend to be mates with Willowfur and the father to my children.” Startledcrow stated in a matter of fact way of tone, watching his other brother go rigid as he looked between the two young cats in front of him. ”You… want me to what?” Eveningstorm asked slowly, his shocked expression amusing to Startledcrow.

Wolfstar
    Participant

Willowfur didn’t even notice Startledcrow’s loving expression as she went on her rant, too into her own thoughts and feelings. However, when she was finished, the ginger she-cat felt surprised at the handsome tom’s reaction, pressing his side to hers and rasping his tongue over her neck. The muscles that were so tense with frustration immediately relaxed at his touch, her green eyes softening. The only cat in the Clan able to calm her down so quickly was Startledcrow. Not even her sister, who she loved so dearly, could affect her this much. Willowfur pressed her muzzle to his shoulder, shutting her eyes and breathing in his scent. He smelled like the herbs in his den, which she grew to like. Ears perking, she looked up when he spoke next, eyes narrowing as her head snapped towards the bushes. “Who’s hid-” She was cut off at the sight of Eveningstorm, Startledcrow’s older brother.

As suddenly as Startledcrow calmed her down, her anger came right back up. “Why were you spying on us?” she snapped. She stood up, the fur on her neck sticking up. Willowfur didn’t know Eveningstorm well enough to have much of an opinion on the tom, but he was Startledcrow’s brother, so he couldn’t be that bad could he? Her ears were swiveled forward to listen to every word he had to say, guilt gnawing at her stomach again as he mentioned Wolfstar. However, nothing compared to what Startledcrow said next.

“You what?!” She said at the same time as Eveningstorm, her eyes widening. She suddenly felt dizzy with surprise, sinking her claws into the moor floor to keep her steady. Pretend they were mates? How could she do that? Willowfur didn’t know what to think at first, staring at Startledcrow as if he grew another head on his body. How did he look so calm after saying what he just said? She looked into his one bright blue eye, hoping to see an inkling of humor, hoping he was joking. But Startledcrow looked at them so calmly as if he asking how their day was. “I…I can’t do that!” She glanced at Eveningstorm. “I can’t pretend to love your brother!”

Her mate’s gaze stared at her with a seriousness to it that made Willowfur go from angry to sad. She knew it was probably the safest way to hide their love and the kits that came from it. She understood where he was coming from, but there couldn’t be any other way? “If…if we do that then the kits won’t ever know you’re their father.” Her words faltered at the end, full of sadness and loss.

Feared
    Participant

He waited patiently for their reactions to die down, his older brother was simply staring at the pair of them as if they had just combusted and transformed into the starry figurines of StarClan themselves. Slowly his gaze moved towards his mate as she questioned him, her voice scratchy with emotion as he watched every emotion that his mate could possibly be feeling move throughout her expressions and those hypnotizing green eyes. “Willowfur, we still can’t even let others know we are mates, let alone have everyone know that you are expecting my kits.” Startledcrow spoke softly, although the tip of his tail was twitching with the silent dislike he had for this plan, but honestly it was a good one for the situation. “Our kits have the possibly of resembling me, I want to protect you and the kits from the wrath of your father.” He said softly, he truly didn’t care what Wolfstar thought of him; but he wouldn’t allow his mate and offspring to be punished for his mistake. However, when Willowfur lowered her voice, the emotions clear in the words as she expressed that their kits would never know he was their true father, his jaw tightened and his ears flipped backwards as he finally expressed some emotion on how he felt about it. Truly… it hurt. He was their rightful father and they couldn’t even possibly know for the simple fact it put them in danger.

He stayed silent as he looked at Willowfur, his eyes briefly lowering to gaze at her stomach, pupils narrowing as he reminded himself why he was doing this. “Yes, Eveningstorm. You.” Startledcrow cleared his throat and looked away from Willowfur, his attention landing back on that of his older brother, eyeing the large dark brown tabby and white tomcat with a serious expression. Eveningstorm finally erupted into a fit of laughter, looking towards Willowfur. ”You can’t be serious! Pretend to be mates with your mate! Pretend to be the father of your kits?! I love you, Startledcrow. But you couldn’t have thought I would go along with this.” Eveningstorm chuckled, his his laugh trailed off as he couldn’t find even an ounce of humor on Startledcrows dark face, instead his brother continued to speak. “No, not willingly. Although if you have a mate and kits within WindClan, then the clan has a lesser chance of finding out about Dreamfeather.” Startledcrow smirked, his gaze icy while Eveningstorm went rigid, his heart seeming to stop as his little brother spoke the name of his ThunderClan mate. ”Excuse me?” Eveningstorm growled, his dark amber eyes narrowing in on his younger sibling. “Come on… a medicine cat can cross the borders without being stopped or harmed. Did you think I didn’t notice your scent over the border? Or catch you sharing tongues with the pretty tabby?” Startledcrow explained, leaving Eveningstorm speechless as they both continued to stare at one another. “Take my place as Willowfur’s mate and and the father to her kits. Or.” He paused to dramatic effect, his gaze hard as he stared emotionless at his brother. He had to be emotionless for this to work, to hide his feelings. “I tell Wolfstar about Dreamfeather.” Startledcrow blackmailed, the air between the two brothers was tense as they both flared at one another before Eveningstorm sighed heavily. ”Looks like we are mates, Willowfur.” Eveningstorm grumbled, his tongue felt thick in his mouth as he looked towards the ginger tabby. This was for Startledcrow but he also had little choice.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Feared.
    Wolfstar
    Participant

Willowfur’s mouth opened slightly with protest, green eyes pleading to the dark gray tom that kept her heart they would find another way, but she knew it was hopeless. Startledcrow wasn’t the type of cat to show his feelings, but she could easily read the pain he felt as well. I can’t imagine watching my kits believing they had another mother. She also couldn’t imagine telling her own kits that their father wasn’t who they thought he was. Looking up, Willowfur stared at the cloudy sky, knowing StarClan was looking down on them with disappointment. She took a few moments to collect her thoughts and feelings, putting them together and sorting them to find the best ones for her next reaction. There was a cold bite to the wind that brushed through the moors and over the hills, swaying the brown grasses and heather bushes side to side. It hit them softly, forcing the short bristles on her coat to move in one direction. Calm down and think. Startledcrow was doing what he thought was right for her, him, and their unborn kits. He was a provider and a healer, and she knew he wouldn’t do anything without thinking thoroughly about it. I understand.

After a few moment’s of silence, she looked back down at the two toms with a new expression on her face; determination and a strength she didn’t know she had. Stiff, she listened to Eveningstorm’s objections. She opened her mouth to reply, but Startledcrow beat her to it, and his words surprised her once again. Blackmail? She stared at the dark gray tabby, expression unreadable. A medicine cat blackmailing someone was new to her, and it should have been angering and shocking, but it wasn’t. It clearly angered Eveningstorm though. She stepped closer to Startledcrow and lifted her chin, narrowing her eyes at his older brother. “And I think my father would go a lot harder on you than on his own daughter, don’t you think?”

She watched his expression go from anger to surprise, then finalizing to defeat, agreeing to play the game Startledcrow had set up for them. She released a sigh, relieved he would do this for them. Even though he didn’t have a choice with the threat Startledcrow had made, he didn’t seem as livid as any other cat would have been. She blamed that on them being brothers. Willowfur pressed a little harder to Startledcrow’s side, her already hardening belly slightly noticeable for those who looked hard enough. With a nod to Eveningstorm, she said, “I can explain to Wolfstar the situation and I think you should be there.” She looked to her side at Startledcrow. “But you shouldn’t.”

Feared
    Participant

He was glad that Willowfur stood beside him in this decision, although he knew that she didn’t like or approve of this plan, but this way if one of the kits resembled him in any way it could be blamed that it was because Eveningstorm and Startledcrow were brothers. His jaw tightened as he watched Eveningstorm and Willowfur speak with one another, his ears faintly laying back against his head for a split moment when Willowfur pressed her side against him. Being a medicine cat he could feel the difference in her stomach, two weeks had gone by and he could see the difference in his mate, head turning as he gently rasped his tongue over and over again along her face and muzzle. “This will all work out.” He whispered gently, but his jaw hardened when she looked towards Eveningstorm, the mention of Wolfstar causing him to scowl slightly.

Eveningstorm was not happy about this what so ever, but he pushed himself up from his laying position and gave Startledcrow a dirty look for a moment. ”Come along, Willowfur. Let’s inform your father of the good news.” He meowed tightly, while Startledcrow bit his tongue and looked away from the two felines and nodded slowly. “I’ll stay here for a while longer so no one notices.” Startledcrow decided, causing Eveningstorm to nod as he waited for Willowfur, only walking beside the molly when she stood beside of him, purposively draping his long tail over her hips to exaggerate their ‘relationship’.

Wolfstar
    Participant

Willowfur closed her eyes at Startledcrow’s lasting touch and leaned in, drinking in his scent and hoping they could be like this forever. Their situation was so unusual, and even though she wished it wasn’t happening like this, she wouldn’t change it for the world. Startledcrow meant everything to her. Since she was young she wanted to be a mate and a mother, and now she was one. It had to be a secret, yes, but that didn’t matter as long as it was him that she was going through it with. “I love you,” she whispered, a soft purr forming in her throat. In this moment, nothing else mattered but the two of them. But she knew that couldn’t last long. Eveningstorm’s voice snapped her out of her thoughts, and she hesitantly pulled away from Startledcrow.

However, once she was at Eveningstorm’s side, she turned away again and padded back to Startledcrow, her green eyes looking into his blue. “Please don’t resent me, Startledcrow,” she whispered. “Please don’t be jealous or not talk to me because this is painful. I’m hurting as much as you are, and I can’t bear to lose you too. You’re my everything, Startledcrow. Don’t forget that.” Willowfur felt like her heart broke open and was spilling out this emotion, and she pressed her cheek to his. Almost unwillingly, she forced herself to pull away again and stand by his brother’s side, forcing herself not to flinch at his touch.

“Okay, let’s go,” she said, clearing her throat and pressing forward. Once they had padded into camp, she looked around warily. Several of their Clanmates had yet to go to bed like usual after a Gathering, and she had a feeling it was because they were waiting to see if she and Startledcrow came back together. However, the shocked looks on their faces at her and Eveningstorm being so close almost made her whiskers twitch with amusement. Noticing Goldenrose laying just outside the nursery, she gave her a questioning look. Goldenrose pointed to Wolfstar’s den as if knowing exactly what was on the other queen’s mind. “Come on,” she meowed to Eveningstorm, gulping in a lot of air before continuing onward.

Wolfstar’s den was smaller than the one he had in the abandoned Twoleg nest. Willowfur enjoyed sleeping outside of the warrior’s den like a lot of her Clanmates, but Wolfstar always preferred sleeping underneath a makeshift roof. The WindClan leader was sitting up outside of his nest, head bobbing up and down as he groomed his chest fur. At the sound of Willowfur and Eveningstorm padding inside, he looked up with curiosity. “Good evening, Willowfur…and Eveningstorm. Can I help you with something?

Feared
    Participant

He grunted as he looked down at the beautiful molly as she leaned into him, her green eyes wistful was she clearly didn’t want to leave his side. At the sound of her whisper, his heart lifted from the pit it was sitting in, causing him to finally smile as he leaned in to gently press his nose against her own nose. “I love you too.” Startledcrow meowed in a gentle tone, his gaze softening towards Willowfur as he breathed in her intoxicating scent. When she pulled away from him, it felt like getting a burr ripped painfully from his side, chewing on the inside of his cheek for a moment as he watched Eveningstorm and Willowfur stand together, his heart twinging at the sight.

However, he was silently pleased when she quickly turned around and hurried back towards him, causing him to smile despite trying to hide his emotions. He could tell that her emotions were sitting high on the surface as he looked down into her green eyes, his gaze softening. “I don’t resent you, not one little bit. You are my mate and I would do anything for you.” He whispered as she pressed her cheek against his, drinking in the moment before he continued to speak. “I’m a little jealous.. but you can’t blame me.” He muttered, watching as she started to walk away, but he smiled when she glanced back at him. “Don’t worry, I’ll still come and see you, beautiful.” Startledcrow winked, keeping his expression warm and gentle as she walked away, although once they rounded the corner his form almost deflated. Frowning heavily as he lowered himself into a laying position, glaring at the ground. He this may have been his idea, but he certainly wasn’t happy nor proud of the situation.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    Eveningstorm ~ WindClan Warrior

He felt bad seeing his brother and Willowfur interact, they were clearly deep in love and there was no doubt in his mind that the two were ready for the kits that were already growing in her womb. Although, he wasn’t happy about pretending to be the mate and father, he would do anything for his siblings but even this was pushing it. Clearing his throat he kept his tail draped over Willowfur’s hips, feeling extremely awkward as he then looked towards Willowfur, her expression hard to read  “I know we both don’t want to do this, it’s not ideal. But like Startledcrow said, this is just for show. Act like we care for each other this way, and behind dark dens we are in love with other cats.” He shrugged, dark amber eyes flickering towards the camps clearing as they neared the entrance. ”Here we go.. I guess just try smiling.” Eveningstorm grumbled, sighing before he forced a smile on his face while they walked through the entrance of the make shift clearing, noticing that expecting eyes were glued to their pelts but they clearly hadn’t been expecting the particular duo. “Smart move, Startledcrow.” He whispered under his breath, walking with Willowfur as they both slipped into the den that their leader resided within

Feeling Wolfstar’s eyes on his pelt, he kept himself calm for now before he cleared his throat and smiled at Wolfstar. ”Good evening, Wolfstar. Your daughter and I wanted to speak with you personally.” He paused looking towards Willowfur but he could sense that she was unsure of what to tell her father, so in order to make their situation more believable, he shifted to press his pelt against Willowfur as he gave Wolfstar a smile  ”Willowfur has agreed to become my mate.” Eveningstorm forced himself to purr as he looked at Wolfstar to see what his reaction would be.

Wolfstar
    Participant

Wolfstar

From the moment Willowfur and Eveningstorm padded into his den, Wolfstar was confused, and that didn’t change when the other tom confessed they were now mates. His head tilted to the side, trying to remember ever seeing the two speak. Most cats who were enamored with each other spent so much time together that the rest of their Clanmates saw the mating coming. However, he couldn’t come up with one memory of them talking other than on patrol. The news didn’t exactly sit well with the WindClan leader since he had doubts about the relationship, but in case it was true he also didn’t want to seem insensitive. Not only that, but it made what he saw at the Gathering even more confusing. Startledcrow had pressed against Willowfur as if they were mates in front of everyone. Startledcrow was not the type of cat to do that to just anyone. Wolfstar formed a smile almost as forced as Eveningstorm’s. “Wow, that’s big news.”

He searched Willowfur’s expression to see how she felt, but she copied Eveningstorm’s purr, twining her tail with his. “I didn’t see this coming, if I have to be honest. But I’m happy for you two.” His ginger-furred daughter smiled up at him, a sudden flash of true happiness lighting in her eyes. “There’s even bigger news, Wolfstar,” she said. “I’m also expecting his kits.”

Wolfstar felt rigid. They just became mates and she’s expecting his kits already? The time didn’t add up for him, but now was not the time to question it. I’ll have a separate conversation with Goldenrose about my doubts. Right now, Willowfur needs my happiness. Standing up, Wolfstar padded over to his daughter with a purr rumbling deep in his chest. “That’s amazing, Willowfur! You’ll be the second of my kits to have kits of their own. You’ll be an amazing mother.” He pressed his muzzle to the top of her head in congratulations before stepping back and dipping his head to Eveningstorm. “And congratulations to you as well, Eveningstorm. I’m sure you’re excited about having kits.”

Wolfstar remembered his first kit, Blizzardstorm, telling him she was expecting. His first daughter had the sparky attitude his former mate, Cremefur, had. However, the moment her kits were born her attitude softened and was more loving than ever. Wolfstar felt a pang of sadness at the thought of his deceased daughter, who he was very close to, and he wondered how Willowfur would change from having kits herself. Would she grow sharper from her protective mother side, or would she grow even softer than she was before?

Feared
    Participant

He had to keep his expressions from showing the unease he felt when Wolfstar studied the two, obviously there had been no signs that the two felines remotely cared for one another, but in order for this to work they had to make it believable. Eveningstorm was a bit surprised when Willowfur presses closer to him, her tail twining with own in order for her father to see some affectionate interaction between the two. His cheeks warming up, more so with being intimate towards someone other than his mate felt awkward but he kept purring when she did so. “Thank you, Wolfstar.” He meowed and dipped his head, ears swerving on top of his head as Willowfur continued to speak, expressing the best news out of all of this, that she was expecting his kits. Eveningstorm knew they were not of his pure bloodline, but they were his younger brothers, and that still made them family.

Pupils narrowed faintly when Wolfstar went rigid, his blue eyes flickering between the two cats before the tomcat seemed to gather his thoughts and express his excitement to his daughter. Smart move. He thought silently to himself, he had already seen how crazy she got when going off on Startledcrow, Wolfstar did not want to be on the other end of the stick. As Willowfur and Wolfstar embraced each other in excitement, his tail untwined from her own so she could get closer to her father, dipping his head back at Wolfstar. “Thank you, I am very excited.” He meowed genuinely, although for very different reasons. They were not his own, but he would be their father figure, with Startledcrow to guide him, he wasn’t worried.

Wolfstar
    Participant

Willowfur

Willowfur smiled at Wolfstar’s real smile when she mentioned she was expecting kits. The way he reacted to the news of their relationship status made her know he didn’t quite believe her, but she wasn’t able to tell him the truth. At least he seemed excited about the kits which was what Willowfur truly hoped for. The dark ginger she-cat purred when Wolfstar pressed his muzzle to the top of her head, a feeling of warmth and comfort coursing through her body. “Thank you, Wolfstar,” she meowed, her green eyes bright. When her father pulled away, she quickly pressed against Eveningstorm again and twined her tail with his. Although it felt awkward to be so close to a cat she didn’t truly love, or know, she was grateful she at least wasn’t alone when she broke the news to Wolfstar. “I’m only a few weeks into my pregnancy, but time will go quickly. It’ll be kind of cool to have your kits and grandkits so close in age to one another.”

Wolfstar dipped his head in agreement, eyeing Eveningstorm while his daughter was speaking. “Yes, I agree. Again, congratulations to you both. I’m happy for you too.” He rasped his tongue over Willowfur’s cheek before stepping back with a tail flick. “Well, it’s getting late now. The Gathering was a mess and I feel exhausted from it. We can talk more tomorrow, Willowfur.” The pretty she-cat dipped her head respectfully and mewed her goodnight, twining her tail with Eveningstorm’s on their way out of his den.

As soon as they exited, she scanned the clearing to make sure no one else was awake and padding around, immediately separating from Eveningstorm’s side when she was confident no one was looking. “Well, that went a little better than I expected,” she murmured to Startledcrow’s brother. “I know this is difficult, but it’s good for all of us.” She looked up to gaze at StarClan. I hope he will be a good father to them. If Startledcrow trusts him enough to be their father then I do too. Without another word, she padded away from Eveningstorm, too exhausted to come up with conversation with the tom. She lifted her nose to smell out the place, trying to catch her actual mate’s scent, needing his touch and comfort.

Feared
    Participant

He was unsure just how well they could possibly make her father and the rest of the clan believe that they were mates, but when she kept pressing up against him and twining her tails with his, she was definitely trying to make a statement. Grinning as much as he could while Wolfstar watched his every move and examined his face, he wasn’t letting his leader know that he was very uncomfortable with Willowfur anywhere near him for that matter, if Dreamfeather saw them like this right now he would be crow food. Dipping her head in a respectful manner towards Wolfstar, he bid the leader a good night before he followed Willowfur outside of the den, his tail twining with hers once more. Although once the two were outside of the den and had walked a few feet, their tails immediately untwined and Willowfur peeled away from his side as if he had fleas. “Yeah it did.” He admitted with a small nod; although he didn’t have time to say anything else as Willowfur trotted off to find Startledcrow, which wouldn’t be too hard as the dark grey tabby had been watching the two walk out of the leaders den from the mouth of the medicine cat den.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Startledcrow was leaning against the mouth of the medicine cat den, his slim shoulder fitting into the curve, while his bright blue eyes were glued onto the leaders den. Chin tilted so his right eye had a better view, his scent glands tickled with the heavy scent of Willowfur and Eveningstorm; his stomach churning with jealously. Although he had no one to blame for this but himself, he still didn’t like the idea of Willowfur pressed up against any male with her tail twined with theirs. That his mate and he intended to keep her his, but he kept his jealousy mostly at bay for the simple fact that Eveningstorm was his brother and had no intentions of taking Willowfur for himself. Ears perked when he caught the sound of paws rustling in the grass and dirt as two felines exited the leaders den, his ears slightly laying flat from the sight of Willowfur and Eveningstorm so… close. Nostrils flared as his black nostrils breathed in a hefty amount of air to keep his cool, watching with admiration as Willowfur quickly pulled away from him and began to scent the air as if she were looking for him.

Paws itched for the tomcat to run and meet his mate head-on, and even though everyone was in their nests trying to sleep, it still wasn’t safe. Standing up and slipping from the medicine cat den, he gave the molly the option of meeting him as he glanced briefly in her direction before walking behind the make shift medicine cat den, the tall grass and a tiny bush their own concealment behind the den. Waiting almost impatiently for Willowfur, he dug his claws into the dirt before the dark ginger tabby walked around the corner. Purring quietly, he lowered his head to rub his face against hers, lips parted as he drank in her scent. Moving to stand, he pressed his y’all and muscular body against her own to replace Eveningstorm’s scent temporarily while his tail twined with her own. “How did it go?” Startledcrow whispered in her ear.

Wolfstar
    Participant

The sight of Startledcrow padding out of the medicine cat’s den made every piece of anxiety in her chest fade away. She wanted to run to him. She wanted to press herself against him and yell at anyone who said their love wasn’t right. How could a love like this not be okay? How could someone want to keep them from being together? The pretty she-cat forced herself to walk slowly in case someone was watching from inside the warrior’s den. Oddly enough, no one was sleeping outside like usual since the wind was so chilly. Willowfur followed the tom she adored behind the medicine cat’s den, away from anyone who would notice.

Startledcrow’s touch was so welcomed, and she closed her eyes with relief and comfort. She wished she could have broken the news to Wolfstar with him by her side, but the only thing that mattered in this moment was that he was next to her now. At his question, she let out a heavy sigh and looked into his eyes. “Wolfstar knows it’s not true, Startledcrow. I know he doesn’t believe me. I could tell as soon as Eveningstorm and I walked in there, and it was so hard to pretend to be his mate. It’s so awkward being close to him.” Her nose wrinkled, and she pressed her muzzle into Startledcrow’s shoulder, breathing in his scent. Mixed with herbs, he had a smell of his own which Willowfur loved. “I don’t want to pretend for too long. We could just say things didn’t work out between us. We’ll still say the kits will be his, but I don’t want us to continue being mates for too long. I can’t handle it.”

She pulled away a little so Startledcrow could look into her hopeful, green eyes. “And then right after the kits are born we could say you and I are mates. No one would question us too much then, right?” She hoped her plan sounded good enough for the dark gray tabby tom, her paws itching with anxiousness for them to start this plan soon.

Feared
    Participant

He sighed softly as he gently rubbed his cheek against the top of her head for a moment before his nose wrinkled slightly as she mentioned that her father wasn’t exactly believing the story that Willowfur and Eveningstorm were mates, causing him to grunt as he licked her cheek. “I didn’t think he would believe that, he knows you too well.” He muttered thoughtfully, letting his nose gently press into her ear while smiling. “But did the clan believe it?” He asked gently as he looked down at his mate, as she pressed her muzzle into his shoulder blade, but he hesitated as she said she felt awkward pretending to be mates with Eveningstorm, licking his lips for a moment as he gave her a slow nod. “Kits happen all the time between cats without them having to be mates… so I can see where you are coming from.” Startledcrow nodded slowly.

Although when she looked up at him with those big and hopeful eyes, he felt his chest crumble for a moment before he lifted his head towards StarClan, simply trying to hide his emotions before he breathed in deeply. “We will have to wait until the kits are apprentices for a little while before we come out as mates to the rest of the clan.” He said slowly, looking towards that of Willowfur as he smiled gently, lowering his head to gently press his nose into her forehead. “Then we can officially be mates. Although I won’t be able to get too close… we can’t have any litters after that, until I train an apprentice.” He muttered, his blue eye gentle while his left eye gazed sightlessly towards her.

Wolfstar
    Participant

Willowfur snorted at his first question, looking in the direction of the warriors’ den. “I think the Clan was more shocked than anything. They’ll be talking about it for the next half moon for sure.” She wanted to roll her eyes, realizing she sometimes hated the way everyone in the Clan would know her business because they were all so close. It was hard to keep secrets, and hard to live your own life. For the first time since birth, she suddenly wished she and Startledcrow were rogues, making it out on their own and starting their own family. She felt a bit guilty for that thought, knowing she would miss her father and siblings terribly, but at least she would be happy with the tom she loved. Looking back to Startledcrow, she hoped he would cave to her hopeful and pleading expression, but he shook his head.

“Why though?” she asked. “Why do we have to wait till they’re apprenticed? It isn’t often, I know, but some couples aren’t strong enough to last and we could have the whole Clan understand that, right?” Willowfur’s shoulders slumped, understanding where Startledcrow was coming from. Of course the Clan would have their suspicions and doubt her honesty and loyalty if they got together too soon. “I at least don’t want to pretend to be with Eveningstorm for too long. It’s so awkward and very noticeable. They’re bound to not believe us for too long and I can’t fake it for moons on end. But I’ll keep saying they’re his.” She gave Startledcrow an expression that told him she wouldn’t bend on this decision. Faking a love for Eveningstorm was hard. The ginger she-cat blinked a few times and pressed her head to Startledcrow’s shoulder, breathing in his scent to calm her down.

After a few moments passed, she lifted her head back up, eyes instantly warm. “Startledcrow…we’re expecting kits,” she whispered, excitedly. It suddenly hit her that they were going to be parents. “I wonder how many we’ll have and if they’re tom’s or she-cats.” Her green eyes were bright with the thought of having kits of her own.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by Wolfstar.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums WindClan WindClan Territory An Explanation (Willow&Startled) [CLOSED]