Alliance Meeting [CLOSED]

Forums ThunderClan ThunderClan Territory Winding River Alliance Meeting [CLOSED]

• This topic has 16 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 5 months ago by Shy.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Wolfstar
    Participant

The moors were a riot of color underneath the glowing horizon. The sun’s rays danced on the yellow gorse flowers while the dark violet above them darkened the heather buds that spotted the hillside. Two felines padded softly through a trail of green grasses towards the winding river that bordered the ThunderClan and WindClan territory. Wolfstar was in the lead, his white-tipped ears perked with alertness, and his blue eyes continuously scanning the area for any sign of other cats. Most of his senior warriors knew of the meeting he held with Hollystar every night after the Gathering, but that didn’t mean he wanted them around to listen on in. The WindClan leader turned his head to glance at Desertrose’s face, trying to read her expression as they pranced through the moorland. She kept a calm and curious disposition, which he was thankful for. Owlbelly had known of these meetings as well, but didn’t necessarily agree with them. Desertrose, on the other hand, was willing to understand and hear him out. He had agreed to allow her to come along and meet with Hollystar herself to solidify their alliance with each other. 

The Gathering last night had been a tough one, and Wolfstar hoped Hollystar hadn’t been offended by him grouping her with the other leaders during his angering rant. Part of him cringed at what he had said, but it needed to be done. The lot of them were bickering like kits fighting over who got to toss the moss ball next without a lick of patience. It was also obvious there was an alliance going on with RiverClan and ShadowClan, and it made the fur on his spine prickle. However, getting too irked over other Clan’s having an alliance would make him a hypocrite. Every Clan knew WindClan and ThunderClan were so much alike, and would never battle against one another as long as both he and Hollystar were alive. Wolfstar had complete confidence Desertrose would follow his pawsteps…but would Kass? 

As they got closer to the river that was laid out before them, he fell into step with his golden-colored deputy. “These meetings only end in peace. We bring up controversial stuff sometimes, but it never ends in us angry with each other. It’s always good to have another Clan on our side in case something happens, and I think now is the most appropriate time to have an alliance now that ShadowClan and RiverClan teamed up.” The trickling of the water got louder as they neared to the edge of the bank. No sign of Hollystar just yet. As usual, he placed his paws delicately on the stepping stones that lead to the other side of the river: ThunderClan’s side. The trees were better protection against prying eyes and ears than the tall grasses that swayed so easily from the breezes. “Let’s wait for her here.” He eased himself into a sitting position on the other side of the closest oak tree, placing the tip of his tail on his front paws in a neat manner. His gray-and-white coat had been groomed neatly, but the hairs were so long it covered up his muscular build, making him look almost fluffy. 

Tyler
    Participant

“I just don’t see why I have to go with you this time,” Kass grumbled from beside Hollystar kicking a stray rock that she’d found under-paw a couple fox-lengths back. It had begun a childish pattern, grumble about the meeting, kick the rock, knock into Hollystar, kick the rock, grumble some more about the meeting, kick. For all her griping about the meeting, she did have to admit only half of her grieve was just to annoy her mate into a smile. All Hollystar really had to ask was for Kass to be present for her to agree, somewhat sadly, into going with her. It didn’t take a lot of hardship for Kass to agree to something once they were in the confines of their den, she was perhaps a little whipped.

“He’s not going to want to see me,” The ThunderClan deputy continued, “And I for one don’t have the patience to see him. Did you even see his ranks at the gathering?” She scoffed with an childish eye roll. “Nettlenose hardly said a word to anyone at all, and the rest of them. Startedcrow wanted Peachblossom to stand down because it wasn’t her place to speak out because she’s a medicine cat which is-“ she gagged. “You would think StarClan is all they think about. Even the new girl? Desert.. whatever? ‘Oh Kass! Our ancestors are watching! Be peaceful she raised her low voice an octave or two higher to imitate the WindClan deputy’s voice. “You would think that if your ancestors wanted me dead or gone they would have done something about it. They sure didn’t do anything last night.”

She kicked the rock again, the crumbling bit of dust rolling off and into the bushes. “You didn’t say politics would be this exhausting,” the ex-rogue hummed cheekily after a moment, raising her eyes to meet Hollystar’s fondly. She tilted her head towards where the riverbank was located in question, before a memory popped into her mind of a time not too long ago when they’d taken a similar walk through the forest. Kass adorned a mischievous smile upon her lips as she knocked her hips into Hollystar’s with a quick, “Race you!” Before she took off in a jog, expecting her mate to be close behind.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by Tyler.
    Hollystar
    Participant

A smirk appeared on Hollystar’s face as she listened to her mate’s grumbling. The leader had asked the calico to come with her in hopes to show Wolfstar that Kass could be a responsible and worthy deputy. Riverclan and Shadowclan were too close for comfort, so maybe it was time that she and the Windclan leader talked about an official alliance. “I need you to understand how important the relationship between Windclan and Thunderclan is,” she meowed. “Wisteriastar and Hornetstar were acting weird last night, and I know something is up; I just don’t know what. They were eyeing each other all weird! If they have some partnership between their clans, then we need to start thinking about making some sort of pact with Windclan.” The smirk on her face turned to a full-blown smile as Kass continued to complain. She hoped that by getting all her disgust out for the other cats before their meeting would help her act more diplomatic with the other clan.

“Wolfstar may not be thrilled that I brought you, but he won’t do anything. I think it’s important that he sees the side of you that I do,” Hollystar meowed, her eyes beaming as she watched Kass. Even when she was being childish, she couldn’t help but admire her mate.Desertrose,” she giggled, “I think she’s a good choice; she seems level-headed like Wolfstar.” As her deputy spoke about Starclan, she couldn’t help but feel a little bit uncomfortable. Sure, Hollystar wasn’t crazy religious like some of the there cats in the forest, but she still believed that they existed, and definitely believed in peace during a gathering. However, she couldn’t help but give out a laugh when Kass imitated Startledcrow. “Starclan can’t just kill a cat,” she laughed. “But there were some clouds last night. They weren’t thrilled,” the leader meowed quietly. 

Race you! The sound rung in her ears, and Hollystar watched as Kass took off through the forest. “You’re on!” she called after her mate, before taking off after her. She let her long legs carry her quickly through the forest, and she ducked her head here and there to dodge branches. It wasn’t long before she was right behind the calico she-cat. She pushed herself a little harder, and found her side by side with her deputy. With the meeting spot in sight, she slowed down, and came to a stop right before. The scent of Windclan wafted their way, and she assumed that meant Wolfstar had already arrived. “Before we go in,” she meowed, panting slightly from their run, “please promise me you’ll try to be diplomatic.” Hollystar gently lapped behind Kass’ ear, and gave her a warm smile, before turning, and pushing her way into the meeting spot. 

To her surprise, Wolfstar had brought Desertrose along with him. I guess he had the same idea as me, she thought. “Hello Wolfstar, Desertrose,” she meowed. “I hope you are both well.” Hollystar sat down, and tried to collect herself. She was still breathing slightly heavier than normal, and her pelt was ruffled from the run. “I brought Bluefire with me, and I’m glad to see you’ve also brought Desertrose. I think we need to talk about the current tension in the forest.”

Shy
    Participant
    Desertrose

The hot, orange sun blazed over the horizon like a flame, the soft glow catching the strands of Desertrose’s golden pelt as she followed Wolfstar. Her weight shifted smoothly from one paw to the other, considering his words. “I value our alliance with Thunderclan, and that makes me feel a little more at ease knowing that these meetings are normally peaceful, but are you so sure about the new deputy of Thunderclan being as indulgent as Hollystar?” she asked him seriously, falling into step beside Wolfstar as the scenery changed from the long, sun-warmed grass of early spring to the tall trees and wide, overhanging branches of Thunderclan. The deputy had her doubts about the former rogue. It was difficult to see her as a proper warrior of Thunderclan let alone their deputy, and Starclan forbid she ever make it to leadership. Uneasiness twisted in her stomach at the mere thought of it. It was difficult to understand what Hollystar was thinking when she’d chosen her own unruly mate as Deputy.

Desertrose’s expression was unreadable as she watched the translucent water swirl around each smooth stone. Thoughtful, amber eyes swept over their damp surface before crossing carefully; stepping onto them in slow, elegant steps. Desertrose nodded before choosing a spot near Wolfstar as they waited for the arrival of their counterpart. It wasn’t long until she heard the telltale sound of pawsteps and turned her head to see both leader and deputy in tow. “Greetings, Hollystar and Bluefire,” she answered her politely with a respectful dip of her head.

Wolfstar
    Participant

Wolfstar’s ears twitched at Desertrose’s worries for the ThunderClan deputy, and he hesitated. As he had said the night before, he couldn’t understand why Hollystar would choose the fiery she-cat to be her deputy, and part of him believed it was because she was blinded by love. However, he had promised Kass he would be willing to hear her out, and try to understand what she was about. I hope she takes that seriously. It wasn’t hard to earn Wolfstar’s trust. However, once it was lost, it was extremely difficult to gain it back, and Kass’ outburst at the previous Gathering didn’t help his feelings towards her. However this alliance depended on his open-mindness, and he had to find it within himself to loosen his stubborn behavior. “We’ll have to see,” he murmured to the golden she-cat, pleased she sat down beside him. “I am hoping Hollystar knows what she is doing.” It was no secret Hollystar looked up to Wolfstar, and he knew it. He liked the thought of being her mentor-leader, but he wanted to see some growth and fire come from her now. Maybe Kass was just what she needed?

The sound of rustling bushes made Wolfstar’s ears perk up, and he narrowed his eyes to peer through the undergrowth. There wasn’t just one set of pawsteps, there were two. The fur on his neck prickled, and he glanced at Desertrose nervously. If it wasn’t Hollystar, then they would be trespassers and it would not go well with ThunderClan warrior’s. He stood up to greet whomever it was, but finally relaxed when Hollystar’s head popped out. “Greetings, Holl-” Wolfstar cut himself off when Kass appeared behind her leader. Both their fur was slicked back, and they were panting as if they had ran through their whole territory before coming here. Hollystar’s eyes were lit up as her mate stepped up to her side. What is this? Despite the nervousness he felt about the former-rogue, he kept himself collected and sat down on his haunches once again. “Greetings, Hollystar, Bluefire,” he nodded his head to the two ThunderClanners, his tail-tip twitching. “I see you and I both had the same idea about bringing our deputies. I brought Desertrose for you to meet her.” Wolfstar’s blue eyes landed on Kass. “What is your reason for bringing Bluefire?” It felt weird to say the she-cat’s new name…for some reason, it didn’t fit her, and he had a feeling she didn’t ever go by it.

Tyler
    Participant

Kass noticed the change in gait from her mate and managed to slow down beside her step by step. Her blue and orange ears flicked in an annoyed fashion as she was asked to be as diplomatic as possible, ignoring the affection left behind her lover. “Sure sure, I’ll play nice with your friends, I promise.” she rolled her eyes. Hollystar might not have liked all of Kass’ motives for speaking out at times, but the molly felt sure of herself when it was the right thing to do. She hated how indoctrinated rules and regulations were on the folks of the clans around them. No one could be constructive or critical without a fire starting. Luckily, Peachblossom had seen that the night before and for a moment the deputy didn’t feel like she was floundering and fighting for oxygen. It was refreshing, exciting even, to see the rebellion sparking in the kit that had once declared them enemies not long ago. 

Nonetheless, the ex-rogue shouldered her way through the tree-line like an ungraceful bear and froze when she noticed not only Wolfstar was seated at the border but his deputy as well. ‘Well this should be fun.’ she thought to herself sarcastically, padding forward to catch up with Hollystar amid greetings which she stayed silent during, not trusting her mouth to make pleasurable sounds. ‘I feel like I’m meeting the parents or something.’ She wasn’t nervous, but she knew the next couple of moons had a lot of writing on this moment in time. When the ringing in her ears finally stopped it was of Hollystar immediately cutting to the chase, making the deputy have to choke back a snort, resulting in a sort of cough escaping from her lungs. 

Hollystar
    Participant

As the Windclan leader spoke, Hollystar felt uneasy all of a sudden. She hoped that the tom didn’t think she brought Kass along for any negative reason. “I brought Bluefire because I thought you should get to know each other more. I know you have been hesitant on my decision, so I wanted to bring her along to try to show you all of the reasons why she is a great deputy and will make a great leader someday too,” the Thunderclan she-cat meowed confidently. “I’m glad you brought Desertrose. I’m eager to get to know her better.”

Hollystar truly wanted her mate and the other leader to get along. They were two of her greatest allies, and Hollystar didn’t want to lose Windclan’s support because Wolfstar was unsure of Kass. She figured if she brought her along, he would see all the good things about her deputy and realize that her decision was justified. Perhaps her decision for deputy wasn’t the most traditional choice, but neither was his proposal to change the warrior code.

Weirdly, Hollystar was in a good mood tonight, even if the issues they were going to discuss were anything but positive. She felt proud to have Kass at her side tonight as her deputy, and happy that she was able to spend time with her mate and Wolfstar together. She was hopeful that the two would see eye to eye and start a positive relationship. The black cat glanced over at the calico by her side, and quickly gave her a warm look, which was in turn, interrupted by the awkward cough that escaped the other she-cat’s jaws. Hollystar forced back a smirk, then turned her attention back to Wolfstar. “I wish that this could be like our normal meetings, where we discuss the general going-ons in our clans, but after last night’s gathering, I don’t think anything about this forest is normal right now,” she sighed. “However, before we get into everything, congratulations on your kits becoming apprentices. I’m glad that your clan has had a mostly positive month,” she meowed happily, offering the grey tom a bright smile. 

“Unfortunately, I don’t think we can stay on positive topics for long though. Something about last night’s gathering made me feel uneasy,” she admitted, and Hollystar’s smile faded quickly. “Something has to be going on between Riverclan and Shadowclan. Hornetstar kept looking at Wisteriastar all weird,” Hollystar meowed, letting her green eyes rest upon Wolfstar. “Did you notice it too? What do you think is going on?” she inquired, and took a seat next to Kass. She sat close enough to where their sides just brushed, and in doing so, the leader felt a little bit more confident about the situation, knowing that she had the calico by her side no matter what happened with Riverclan and Shadowclan.  

Shy
    Participant
    Desertrose
    The Deputy of Windclan

Desertrose could tell that Wolfstar was just as unpleasantly surprised as she was to see the Thunderclan deputy. Her own mood had darkened considerably when she turned to see Bluefire’s lumbering gate meandering towards them. A suspicious scowl had settled over Kass’s face upon seeing her as well, and she didn’t even bother to return the greeting she’d politely included her in. Actually, Bluefire had thankfully not spoken at all, though she didn’t need to speak to indicate her obvious distaste for them. Desertrose chose then that she would ignore her presence entirely, her eyes flicking listlessly to that of Hollystar, focusing on the meeting and the meeting alone. The Thunderclan leader was unexpectedly amiable; her voice refined and delicate, like silver bells. A true opposite and a definite contrast to her unsavory companion. She walked and spoke in a high class way, and her eyes were both kind and inviting. Desertrose had expected the leader to be more like the others. She did not think she would see a leader so approachable and considerate.

The deputy waited patiently for Wolfstar to answer her first before speaking. “Your suspicions about Riverclan and Shadowclan are not misplaced,” she finally spoke after him, “Something is undeniably going on between the two leaders. I noticed as well.” The deputy quickly confirmed the leader’s concerns, not at all surprised by the revelation and overall glad that she hadn’t been the only one to notice. “Though I am unsure as to what, I can’t expect that it’s any good.” Whatever remaining peace between the clans had been scattered like ashes on the wind thanks to the bitter words that took place at the gathering. Now, she was left with an uneasy feeling in the pit of her stomach. She knew the foreboding feeling all too well. It meant that trouble was likely trouble on the horizon.

Wolfstar
    Participant

Wolfstar’s eyes flickered to the ThunderClan deputy who made no bother to say any greeting or even nod her head. His tail tip twitched irritably, but he didn’t say anything, looking back to the black-furred leader who now sat in front of him and Desertrose. The smile she gave him was warm and friendly, and he happily reciprocated with his own. He couldn’t help but puff out his chest slightly at the mention of his youngest kits. “Thank you,” he purred. “They are already doing well in their training.” Wolfstar hoped Desertrose wouldn’t bring up that Wildpaw was stuck in the medicine den after a fall from the mountainside, wanting to keep that part of his territory out of everyone’s minds, even ThunderClan’s. When Hollystar and Desertrose both expressed their worries about ShadowClan and RiverClan, he nodded his head in agreement. “Yes, I understand completely. I definitely believe something is going on with Hornetstar and Wisteriastar. I don’t want to sound hypocritical since you and I meet up and have our own friendship, but…” He narrowed his eyes. “It feels different coming from them. Almost…coniving.” 

Wolfstar turned his head to look at his golden-furred deputy. “Desertrose, I apologize that I have been surprising you with news the past two days, and I’m afraid I have something else I did not have time to tell you yet.” He looked around at all three cats. “My daughter, Brookflower, came to me just before my deputy and I traveled here. She expressed a concern I believe needs to be addressed immediately. It’s actually about Pantherstorm.” Everyone knew about the dark-colored tom from RiverClan. He was never afraid to voice his thoughts and beliefs, and a lot of times it seemed like he just spoke to stir some trouble. “I didn’t get the chance to ask Brookflower why she was so close to RiverClan territory in the first place, but I’ll make sure to question her later. But, she said that she had heard Pantherstorm speaking to a rotten-smelling cat who was black and white with scars littering his body. I don’t know about you, Hollystar, but that sounds like Jetstream to me.” Jetstream was once a ThunderClan and RiverClan cat, but now lived on as a rogue. What in StarClan’s name would he have been doing on Clan territory? “That’s not the worst of it.” Wolfstar’s voice lowered with seriousness. as he continued. “She overheard Pantherstorm telling Jetstream that he failed at murdering Heronflight, and he wouldn’t make the mistake twice. And…all of the Clans will suffer once he’s done. Brookflower ran off to tell me without hearing anything else.” His chest tightened with anxiety at how the ThunderClan cats were going to respond, and his ears twitched nervously. He knew saying something like this could result in a possible battle. Not only was Jetstream Wisteriastar’s father, but Pantherstorm was her son. “I think we should tell Wisteriastar.”

Hollystar
    Participant

“I feel like we have been fairly… open about our clan’s relationship. The other leaders know that we get along better than the other clans,” she meowed, “but we aren’t conspiring. I feel as though Riverclan and Shadowclan are up to absolutely no good in their alliance,” Hollystar meowed. As Wolfstar spoke, the Thunderclan leader listened quietly. Pantherstorm… Wasn’t he the one who spoke up against Peachblossom during the gathering? she wondered to herself. He had also been at the battle between Thunderclan and Riverclan.

At the mention of Jetstream, the lithe molly’s hackles rose, and a chilling feeling rushed through her body. She hadn’t heard that name in a long time. She had been very young during Jetstream’s time in Thunderclan, and she had only hoped that she would never hear of that cat again. “Yes, that does sound like Jetstream,” murmured Hollystar, her gaze growing serious. “I can’t believe that Pantherstorm would try to kill Heronflight,” the leader meowed to herself. It was terrifying to have all of this going on in the forest. 

“I think you’re right about telling Wisteriastar, but I know I’m the last cat that she would want to see right now. She definitely won’t believe me or listen to anything I have to say about her kin being murderers,” she meowed in disbelief. “If I, or any other Thunderclan cats, step foot on Riverclan territory, I’m afraid she might take it as an act of war. Thunderclan has already been through a lot with the battle from last moon; I don’t want to go looking for a fight.” Hollystar’s tailtip flicked nervously. Wisteriastar should know what’s going on, but would she even believe them if they tried to tell her the truth? The Riverclan leader was very protective of her kin. 

Tyler
    Participant

The different facets of the ThunderClan deputy’s psyche were constantly at war with one another, all feeling different emotions and screaming in the back of her mind. Sure, some were more repressed than others, but all the same she couldn’t help but find the words coming from the elder leader to be somewhat comical. He was right though, Hornetstar had been acting like a pompous ass and Wisteriastar did nothing to admonish it as she had with the other leaders. Then again, Kass wasn’t really sure what the problem was there. ThunderClan and WindClan were aligned as well, even if the tom hadn’t acknowledged it, ‘Both sides have their own secrets, the only reason they’re afraid is because they each run the weakest clans and feel threatened,’ she reasoned. 

The sudden chill in the air didn’t help the way she felt when she felt Hollystar stiffen beside her at the mention of Jetstream. A frown began to etch onto her face until she couldn’t hold her tongue back any longer at Wolfstar’s secret discretion, “And what if it wasn’t.. Jetstream?” She looked to her mate for confirmation in the question of the name, “You’d be making accusations to a leader, one that’s decided to align with a clan far more ruthless than your own, about her own son with information found by… your daughter while spying on a conversation not meant for her?” She chuckled at the lunacy of the situation, but stopped immediately when she heard Hollystar’s reply to the situation. Why was Jetstream so important? Who were they to care if RiverClan screwed themselves over?

Perhaps it was Hollystar’s own feelings on the matter or her own influence but the deputy couldn’t help a surge of.. well, not pride or fondness, but it was definitely something, when she refused to be the one to break the news. “This doesn’t end without a fight and you know it Holly,” Kass groaned, “Even if he wasn’t suggesting to meddle in RiverClan’s business, the hostility between our clans will probably always remain. But granted, its’ not our place to meddle where we aren’t wanted. Even if it weren’t her kin. She’s a smart cat, she can deal with this on her own. If a whole clan can’t take down one cat, then they aren’t much of a clan, are they?” She would fight, if that was what was asked of her. If Hollystar gave the order she’d have no issue slaying any foe.. well, almost anyway. But she didn’t want to watch ThunderClan become as reckless as she if they couldn’t handle the battle and it was obvious they could not.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by Tyler.
    Shy
    Participant
    Desertrose
    The Deputy of Windclan

Desertrose nodded to Wolfstar, understanding that he’d simply been too busy and overwhelmed to discuss things with her, though her whole body tensed at the sound of that name. Jetstream. She recognized his name with outmost clarity, recalling exactly what he was known for. She continued to listen in, slightly taken aback that something insightful had come from Kass’s normally foul mouth. “I hate to agree with Bluefire, but she’s right,” she reluctantly admitted, the words themselves tasting awfully bitter.

While she was still rankled by the Thunderclan deputy, she had valid points. It would be foolish to ignore them. She turned to Wolfstar, clearing her throat before continuing in a more conciliatory tone, “Even if we do manage to get an audience with her, what are the odds of Wisteriastar actually listening and being reasonable? Not to mention she’ll be absolutely furious about your kin. She’s likely to assume that Windclan is spying on her warriors,” the deputy warily pointed out, her eyes showing a kind and gentle concern before the dread crept over her like an icy chill imagining the potential outcomes.

Meeting with someone as disagreeable as the Riverclan leader when tensions were already high — and about her own son without solid evidence, amongst cats that had absolutely no reason to trust them — was too risky for her liking. Surely there were better, more strategic ways of going about this. “However, I don’t think we should let it go, either. If it is Jetstream, which I’m sure it is,” her imperative gaze swept over to Kass in a pointed look, “It will quickly become our problem as well as theirs. We cannot turn a blind eye to the situation.”

No matter how much the Thunderclan deputy wanted to avoid it, as long as she lived in this forest and cared for Hollystar, she could not. If for no other reason, she was willing to bet that an obvious  threat to the wellbeing of her mate would entice the former rogue’s involvement. There was no argument that, while she had her disagreements about clan life, she loved Hollystar and would naturally have a desire to protect her.

Wolfstar
    Participant

Wolfstar watched Hollystar and Desertrose’s faces grow serious at the mention of Jetstream’s name. Hollystar had been young, and Desertrose was not alive when Jetstream’s cruelty was at its worst. However, his name bounced around in every Clan to scare a kit into behaving, or a history lesson between mentor and apprentice on the evil that can form in a cat. It didn’t surprise him that Kass looked confused when he brought him up, and that the two other felines looked just as horrified as he felt. He looked at the blue-calico deputy, his face grave. “I only know one cat who is black and white with scars all over his body. It was definitely Jetstream.” His daughter, like every apprentice, was taught on what the rogue looked like and what he had done to banish him from Clan territories altogether. Wolfstar had no doubt Brookflower was telling the truth. “I’m not sure how much Hollystar has told you about Jetstream, or what he did in the Viper’s Army, but he doesn’t work alone. If he is part of something then I promise it isn’t just one cat they’ll be dealing with…and it wouldn’t end in RiverClan. I can’t stand by and watch a murder happen knowing I could have stopped it.”

Wolfstar’s ears twitched when Desertrose agreed with Kass, and he nodded his head to show her he understood where she was coming from. “Brookflower told me she didn’t step over the boundary. She heard them from our side near the Ghostly Flats and hid inside of a blooming heather bush so her scent was faded. It’s not a WindClan cat’s fault that they could overhear a conversation from our side of the border. Besides, I don’t know about you, but I would appreciate being told I had a dangerous rogue roaming around my territory causing mischief.” Wolfstar could tell all three cats were hesitant in what he had proposed, but didn’t it make more sense to inform the RiverClan leader? He paused for a moment to let that sink in with the rest of them. Then he remembered what Startledcrow had told him after the Gathering last night. “StarClan gave Starledcrow a message at the Gathering when Pantherstorm spoke. He said he had a red aura around him that emitted evil and sent shivers down his spine, like StarClan was telling him Pantherstorm needs to be watched. My medicine cat even told Wisteriastar this before she left the Ghostly Flats. Anyways…” Wolfstar shrugged his broad shoulders and looked at his ThunderClan allies. “Don’t you agree that it would be better for Wisteriastar’s attention to be focused on only her Clan? I feel a battle coming, Hollystar. Know that WindClan would be on your side, but if I could stop the possibility of a battle by diverting the attention somewhere else then I would rather do that.

While he somewhat believed the last thing he had said, he knew he also wouldn’t mind showing off WindClan’s strength. So many of the Clans perceived WindClan as weaker than the rest, all because they preferred peace. To stand up nonviolently against threats meant courage, but if what they needed was to be reminded that WindClan warrior’s had sharp claws then so be it. “If she doesn’t agree to look into her coniving son then we’ll know what kind of leader she truly is.

Hollystar
    Participant

The ebony leader listened intently to the deputy’s arguments, and nodded. They were making fair points, and Hollystar herself was nervous to go marching into Riverclan’s camp throwing accusations around. Kass was right. There was no way this ended without a fight- but maybe Hollystar was ready for a fight. She wanted to prove to Wisteriastar that Thunderclan isn’t to be messed with. Everyone always walked over them, but she wouldn’t put up with it anymore! 

“If Jetstream is involved, then Thunderclan will be dragged into this one way or another, I can assure you of that,” she grunted, “Jetstream wouldn’t be happy with the demise of just Riverclan. He would want to take the whole forest down with him.” It seemed like her and Wolfstar were at least in agreement about the danger of the black and white rogue. 

As the Windclan leader talked about Starledcrow’s message from Starclan, her eyes widened, and she gave a reluctant nod. “Yes, if there’s a chance that we could get her to look into Pantherstorm more, perhaps it could save us from an uncalled for battle,” she agreed. If we go to see her, I think it would be best for Startledcrow and maybe Peachblossom to come along. Maybe she would listen better to medicine cats, and I don’t want her to think we’re ambushing her camp.” 

This situation still made her feel uneasy, and she wasn’t completely convinced that going to Riverclan was the right decision. However, if there truly was evil in the forest, and Jetstream was involved, it was probably best to deal with the situation before it evolved into something bigger. Starclan forbid the rogue got the Vipers back together and had Pantherstorm’s help, it could be the end of the clans altogether. 

Wolfstar
    Participant

Wolfstar could tell Kass disagreed entirely, but to his surprise she stayed silent and let her leader speak. Thank StarClan Desertrose agrees with me on this.  If his own deputy disagreed with his proposition then he would have had to reevaluate his plan, and his thoughts. “I don’t think a ThunderClan cat should join me at all, including Peachblossom. She wasn’t entirely…calm at the Gathering and it stirred up Wisteriastar and the entirety of RiverClan. I’ll ask Startledcrow what he thinks, and figure out which warriors to take. I’m not going into an enemy camp without at least some sort of backup.” He wouldn’t bring more than two warrior’s, but it was better than nothing. 

If Wisteriastar doesn’t listen to reason, and denies looking into this…I think we need to start a war, Hollystar.” He looked the ThunderClan leader square in the eyes, the fur along his shoulder blades bristling. “She is becoming too thoughtless and is bringing ShadowClan down with her. I don’t know what’s going on between her and Hornetstar, but if they both keep acting the way they have been then we should make the first move. I don’t know about you, but I’m tired of the other Clan’s acting like they can step all over us, or that we’re weak. ThunderClan and WindClan are just as powerful as the rest, and I’m ready to finally show them just how sharp our claws are.” The rift between the Clans was now keeping him up at night with anger, his blood turning to a slow boil. He had always preferred peace, even going out of his way to make sure there would be no bloodshed, but how long would that last in the world of warrior’s? “What do you say, Hollystar? WindClan will need ThunderClan by our side.” 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums ThunderClan ThunderClan Territory Winding River Alliance Meeting [CLOSED]