Skip to toolbar

A Wasp in the Herb Storage ((Wasp and Hare// CLOSED))

Forums ShadowClan ShadowClan Camp ShadowClan Medicine Den A Wasp in the Herb Storage ((Wasp and Hare// CLOSED))

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Tori
    Participant

– W A S P –

He was so noisy!

Waspkit’s ginger ears flattened against his small skull as he hurried away into the shelter of the medicine cat den to seek his foster father’s company. Saplingskies had always been nice to him and was there for him when he needed him, regardless of the fact that he was not his birth father. And right now he just wanted to get away from the ragged old tom-cat that was nagging his tail off. Waspkit had never seen him around camp before, but the moment he locked eyes with the elder, he had not had a moment of freedom. The senior cat had chased him down all over camp, begging for him to listen to him, and at first, he had! But after what felt like constant days of having his ears talked off, Waspkit couldn’t take anymore and he just wanted to be spared.

The calico tom-kit huddled into the corner of the healer’s den, hiding his tiny little body underneath the spare fresh moss that they used as bedding for their patients. Sorry, dad! He thought to himself in regret, as he knew he could be risking contaminating the moss and it could force the medicine cats to get more later, but hiding was his only option right now. 

“Where’d ya go, lil’ one?” Came the faint voice of the elder he had been avoiding, his vocals but a clearly aged rasp. Guilt burned underneath Waspkit’s paws, the old tom probably just wanted someone to spend his time with, but at the same time, he had given more than enough of his attention to the ragged tom and he had to know when enough was enough! The elder looked around and gave a disheartened sniff before he turned and left the healer’s den. 

The kit held his breath a few heartbeats before he allowed a sigh of relief. Confident that the coast was clear, he shuffled from underneath the moss and came out from his hiding spot.

Hareflight [Mel]
    Participant

Dual-coloured eyes fixed on the kit emerging from her moss, and Hareflight remained silent for a few short moments as she picked the kit’s name from her brain. Taking a gentle step forward in the hopes of not startling him, the calico healer offered a smile, her head tilting in confusion. “You’re W-Waspkit, right? Is everything okay?” Her tone was soft, but her eyes were alert as she tried to figure out what the situation was. Was he playing hide-and-seek? Had he got hurt? Of course she’d seen Waspkit around, but hadn’t ever really spoke to him before. There hadn’t really been a need to.

Realizing she was still standing, Hareflight settled herself into a sitting position as she watched the young cat. “Y-You’re welcome to be here, of course. I really don’t mind, just, uh, d-does someone else know you’re here?” Her eyes flickered towards the entrance of the cave, half expecting to someone coming in search of the kit. An awkward feeling was beginning to settle over Hareflight’s pelt. How did you even talk to a kit properly? Was she saying the right things? The healer opened her mouth, trying to think of something else to fill the silence before she closed it again, deciding to just wait and see what the small calico would say.

Tori
    Participant

– W A S P – 

Waspkit was startled by the timid voice that reached out to him, he whirled around quickly to find Hareflight before him, tilting her head at him. He felt like a fool, of course this den didn’t just belong to his foster father, it also belonged to his apprentice. “Ah, uhm, I’m fine, Hareflight,” he replied, tucking his head in respect before his senior. He had always been one for manners, but especially to someone who was not only older than him, but close with his parents as well. When the bob-tailed healer settled down before him, he felt himself naturally relax despite the tenseness he felt previously that lead him to hide in here.

“No, I came in here to hide,” Waspkit responded when she had asked him if anyone had been aware he was here. She was probably concerned about his guardians, as most Clan-cats would be, should a kit wander off by themselves. “I wasn’t trying to get anyone in trouble,” he added quickly, at this realization. However, when Hareflight opened her mouth and then closed it again, the calico tom-kit began to wonder if he had said something wrong, so he felt the need to explain himself better. “I was hiding from that elder, he’s been chatting my ears off for days. I just wanted some peace and quiet, I’m sorry.”

Hareflight [Mel]
    Participant

『 H A R E F L I G H T 』

To hide?  Her mind echoed, and the healer’s head tilted in thought as Waspkit continued to speak.However, the more he said, the more confused Hareflight grew. She felt the fur stand up on her back as Waspkit mentioned the elder, but she wasn’t sure why. Rising to her paws once more, Hareflight stepped in front of the calico kit in order to look outside of the medicine den. She certainly didn’t see anyone, nor had she heard anyone come by – something her ear was attuned to by now. Was it an imaginary friend? That was perfectly normal, however she wasn’t sure how normal it was to be hiding from them. More than likely, it was just an overactive imagination. However, Hareflight needed to keep talking to him, just in case it was something more… Serious. Still, looking down at the kit, she found it incredibly hard to believe he could have some sort of psychosis. He was just a kit after all, and there had to be some simple explanation for it. Maybe she had even just missed the elder come by.

Settling back on her haunches again, this time in front of the entrance, Hareflight smiled softly, waving a paw dismissively. “It-It’s okay, n-no one is in trouble! If y-you’re looking for peace and quiet, t-this is definitely the place for you.” She grinned lightheartedly, her dual-coloured eyes watching Waspkit closely. “D-Do you mind telling me about t-this elder though? I didn’t see him o-out there. Maybe if you describe him to- to me, or i-if you know his name, I can talk to h-him and ask him to give you a little space. I-I’m sure he didn’t mean anything b-by it. You know the elders get lonely sometimes, right?” Hareflight watched his expression carefully, but her expression was warm and her body language was open; she was obviously ready to listen to him, no matter what it was he had to say. That was, after all, part of her job.

Tori
    Participant

– W A S P – 

Waspkit watched nervously as Hareflight moved to inspect the mouth of the den, as though she were making the move to search for the elder he was referring to. The tom-kit watched her closely, leaning forward a little bit in his anticipation to see the healer’s reaction to the remnant of an elder that had been pestering him for days. He held is breath, only letting himself exhale slowly out of his nose when the bob-tailed calico returned once more inside the den, lost for answers. He couldn’t help the disappointment that plummeted to the pits of his stomach. He had thought that if anyone could see the spirit-cats or know what he was experiencing, he had hoped it would be her. 

When the medicine cat returned to the den and settled once more in front of him, he blinked at her when she began questioning him about the elder in length. He chewed the inside of his cheek, unsure now how to proceed from here– until he remembered his previous discussion with the Clan deputy, Smokewisp. She seemed to understand his situation somewhat and had suggested that he speak with Hareflight or Saplingskies about his gift to see those of the other world. Though, now that his foster father had retired, it felt somewhat as though like his options for assistance were becoming narrow. 

“Uhm…” Waspkit began awkwardly, shuffling his paws in the dirt, “He wasn’t… One of our elders, if that makes sense…?” He offered, wincing at himself and how unhelpful he was being with the information he was giving to the healer. Perhaps it was better to rip the bandaging off the proverbial wound, so to speak. “I had a talk with Smokewisp a few days ago, she things that the things I have been seeing are our ancestors… From StarClan, and she thinks that if anyone could understand what this might mean, it would be you.”

Hareflight [Mel]
    Participant

『 H A R E F L I G H T 』

Hareflight’s brows furrowed at his awkward posture. Had she pushed him too much about it? She didn’t want anyone feeling nervous to talk to her; her den was supposed to be safe space, and she didn’t want to change that with poor wording. As Waspkit began to speak though, the confused look grew heavier on her face. Still, she tried to keep an open expression on her face to show she was listening still. As he finally came out about his and Smokewisp’s talk, Hareflight let out a light breath, ear twitching in thought. This felt like something much bigger than her, and more than ever she wished Saplingskies was still her mentor. She was sure he would know what to make of this. But, he was retired and she wasn’t sure if it would be the best idea for her to go to him about Waspkit anyhow – at least not right away. It could be something too close to his heart. 

Hareflight fell into thought, silently staring at the kit for a few moments as she turned this information over in her mind. If it really was StarClan he was seeing – and she had no real reason not to believe this – then maybe StarClan had selected this kit as her successor. It would be just like them to avoid talking to her about a situation like that. She didn’t even feel ready for an apprentice – it felt like she had practically just finished her own training. 

But, if that was true, this was bigger than her. After a while, Hareflight released another breath, offering a hesitant smile at the kit. “H-Have you talked to Saplingskies a-about this at all?” She took a deep breath, visibly considering her words before continuing. “E-Every once in a while a cat is given a v-very special gift and these cats usually have a… a deep connection with StarClan. It’s v-very possible you’re one of these cats, W-Waspkit. I believe Saplingskies a-also had a connection similar to yours.” Although they hadn’t properly talked about it, Hareflight knew that Saplingskies held a deeper connection to StarClan than she did, and she had even questioned if he had seen spirits in his life. She’d never thought to ask, though. “I-If you are, that doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with you. N-Not at all. I want you t-to understand that, okay? You may be special, and r-regardless of what that means, we can work it out. A-And you can come talk to me any time. I…” Hareflight’s ears twitched back and she sucked in a breath, smiling wistfully at the calico kit. “I might not u-understand completely what you’re going through, but I’m s-still here to help.

Tori
    Participant

– W A S P – 

As the healer suggested that he speak to his foster father about what he had been seeing, Waspkit felt a sting of disappointment in himself. He hadn’t thought to do that at all and he felt a bit guilty for that. Saplingskies had not only been a medicine cat himself, but he had helped to raise him during his kithood– if there was anyone he should rely on, shouldn’t it be his father? The calico tom-kit gnawed on the inside of his cheek and as Hareflight continued to suggest that Saplingskies had a connection with StarClan as well, he shuffled his paws against the dirt. Perhaps he should have just gone straight to Saplingskies instead of bothering their Clan’s medicine cat with his problems, even if it had been suggested by their Clan leader. It felt wrong to upset her over this.

But that was when Hareflight spoke up again, telling him that there wasn’t anything wrong with him and that she would be willing to hear him out if he needed her assistance again. The reassurance was so simple and perhaps something that some might have offered simply because of their own kindness, but to him it was a large gesture and he truly appreciated it. “Thank you, Hareflight.” Waspkit grinned up at the older feline, beginning to get to his paws now. “I’ll be sure to come and see you if I have any more questions about this, then.”

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums ShadowClan ShadowClan Camp ShadowClan Medicine Den A Wasp in the Herb Storage ((Wasp and Hare// CLOSED))