Skip to toolbar

A Purpose We Haven’t Yet Understood – Stoat/Rose [closed]

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Territory Birch Forest A Purpose We Haven’t Yet Understood – Stoat/Rose [closed]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Juncoberry
    Participant

Rosecloud
    skyclan warrior

It was rare that Rosecloud found free time anymore; with two daughters to raise on top of his warrior duties, he found himself stretched thin. He had grown overwhelmed, and so had escaped into the territories to simply breathe. Stress had begun to take its toll, and the tom found himself constantly tired. He hardly had the energy to see his friends in recent moons. Now under the cover of birch trees, the rosy warrior slowed his step to enjoy the sight. He drew deep, steadying breaths, unprepared for the scent that would hit him as he did so. Brows furrowing, Rosecloud turned his head in the direction the scent was coming from. It smelled like a kittypet, perhaps, but there was a familiar note under that… Unease settled in his belly, and he hesitated a moment before he ventured in the direction of the outsider.

Rounding a bend in the path, Rosecloud couldn’t help but gasp at what he saw. There, crumpled in a small heap just at the border, was a tom that the SkyClanner recognized as a WindClan warrior, whom he’d only spoken to in passing at gatherings. He rushed forward, silver eyes wide as he processed. “H-hey,” he urged, nudging the smaller tom with his nose to try and elicit a reaction. Panic set in then, his paws tingling as he fretted over what he was supposed to actually do. 

Eevee
    Participant

Pain. It was the only thing that Stoatskip could focus on. The burning pain that rippled through his body as he laid beneath the birch trees of the Skyclan territory. A voice within his mind screamed for him to get up and continue, to escape the enemy clan’s territory before he was discovered, but his body was in no condition to go on. His escape from the strange twoleg place had left him in a rather gruesome state. Blood soaked through several patches of his cream colored fur, seeping from large bite wounds on his neck and back. His left hind leg was twisted in an unnatural position and it painfully twitched with each movement he attempted.

Was this were Starclan would leave him to die? On an enemy clan’s territory, never to see his home again? Never to see his siblings again? Through the mixed stench of blood, dog, and twolegs that wafted from him, he could detect the scent of Skyclan growing stronger as soft pawsteps grew closer. Fear gripped his heart but he managed a low hiss when he felt the nudge of the Skyclan cat and struggled to lift his head to look toward the tom through swollen eyes. “I did not mean to come onto Skyclan territory!” He quickly mewed, tail fearfully lashing behind him. “I will leave as soon as I can b-but I just need to rest for a moment.” He inwardly cursed himself for allowing his voice to shake, but he knew he was in no condition to defend himself.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by Eevee.
    Juncoberry
    Participant

Rosecloud
    skyclan warrior

Rosecloud had never really understood Clan rivalries, and so when Stoatskip reacted with fear, he was shocked. “What?” he managed, voice small as he struggled to see what he could have done to scare the smaller tom. His brows furrowed hard, his breath catching in his throat. “N-no, you need a medicine cat,” he pressed, deeply uncomfortable with the idea of this tom trying to walk all the way to WindClan’s territory. “You’d never make it back to your camp like this; let me take you to Speckledmoss,” he urged, crouching low so that he wasn’t towering over the injured warrior. He knew his size could be intimidating, and he wanted nothing more than to put Stoatskip at ease. His expression softened, something akin to sorrow taking over the panic. “You don’t have to be so scared,” he soothed, “I’m not going to let anything happen to you, okay?”

His silver eyes trailed over the other warrior’s body, taking note of the injuries there. His gaze settled on the tom’s hind leg, a small whimper escaping him as he realized just how much pain Stoatskip must be in. He inched closer to the WindClanner, taking care to not hurt him more than necessary in trying to nudge him to his paws. “Can you stand?” he asked gently, “Go ahead and lean on me if you need to.”

Eevee
    Participant

Stoatskip couldn’t help but tremble as he looked up toward the Skyclan Warrior that towered over him. In his currently condition, he knew there would be no possible way he could fend off this tom if he decided to attack. Being almost consumed by fear, Stoatskip almost missed the gentle tone in the tom’s voice when he spoke. It caught the wounded warrior off guard, especially when the offer of being taken to the Skyclan Medicine Cat was made.

A prickle of uncertainty spiked within his chest. Could he really trust an enemy clan cat? He paused to look down over his bloody form and winced inwardly. It looked as though he didn’t have much of a choice. When he looked back toward Rosecloud, he was surprised to see that he had lowered himself down to appear as less of a threat. It was comforting in a way and Stoatskip let himself relax ever so slightly. “I’m going to hold you to that promise,” the cream tom mewed with a small laugh that fell into a whimper as he struggled to stand. His legs shook with effort and he stumbled against Rosecloud for support, his twisted hindleg dangling behind him awkwardly. It would be quite some time before the Windclan warrior could chase rabbits again.

Juncoberry
    Participant

Rosecloud
    skyclan warrior

This tom’s obvious fear of Rosecloud tugged painfully at his heart. He knew himself, and so he didn’t understand why Stoatskip could be afraid. Just when he was ready to give in to despair, the other tom seemed to relax. Tension he hadn’t been aware of left his shoulders as he noticed, and he released a soft sigh of relief. He planted his paws firmly in place as Stoatskip stood, bracing himself as the WindClanner stumbled. Rosecloud stood for a moment, hoping to give the smaller tom a chance to collect himself before they’d need to start walking. “We can go as slow as you need to,” he reassured him, tail waving behind him as he prepared to start the journey back to camp. His stomach twisted, sinking as he realized he’d have to explain this to Firestar. How many more outsiders was he going to be able to bring into camp before the leader decided he’d had enough?

He cautiously took a step forward, eyes trained on Stoatskip to judge how slowly they’d need to walk to accommodate his injuries. “What happened?” he breathed, concern lacing his tone. It had to have been something awful, considering the state the tom was in. He didn’t want to press for details, but he knew he should probably have some idea when he explained why he had brought a WindClanner to camp.

Eevee
    Participant

With a sharp intake of breath, Stoatskip let himself lean again the large form of the Skyclan tom as he began to hobble along beside him. The toes of his twisted leg would occasionally drag against the ground and cause him to wince but he did his best to continue forward. The rumble of the Skyclanner’s reassuring voice gave Stoatskip a sense of comfort, though he still couldn’t shake the nervous fear that sat as a heavy pit in his stomach. What would the Skyclan leader say to a wounded Windclan warrior dragging himself into their camp? The thought  alone made him shudder.

His attention was brought back to the present when Rosecloud spoke again, questioning him on his current situation. Stoatskip’s ears flattened as he was thrown back to the beginning of how this had all started. His body suddenly felt heavier as he recalled everything he had been through in the last few days and he had to lean toward the tom to steady himself.

It’s.. It’s a long story,” came Stoatskip’s sigh, swallowing hard before he continued. “A few nights back, I couldn’t sleep so I had decided to go on a late night hunt on the moors. I had been chasing a rabbit when it suddenly ducked into a strange hole that seemed to jut up out of the ground.” He paused for a moment, wishing he had spoken to someone before he had left camp. At least to have let them know where had he gone. “I don’t know what I was thinking but I was right behind the rabbit so I followed it into the hole and the moment I did, something hard snapped behind me. Both the rabbit and I were squashed together in a strange tight space of hard webs. At least I had the rabbit for food because I was stuck in that strange twoleg thing for the rest of the night. When morning came, the darkness was suddenly lifted away and there were twolegs standing around me.” His fur bristled as he remembered looking up toward the lumbering creatures, being unable to run as they stared down at him and nudged the cage with their meaty paws. (Will continue the rest of the story in the next post lol)

Juncoberry
    Participant

Rosecloud
    skyclan warrior

Rosecloud gave the WindClan tom his full attention as he spoke, trying his best not to make faces at the story. He was silent as he listened, his chest tight and heart stinging as he imagined how afraid Stoatskip must have been all this time. StarClan knew that Rosecloud wouldn’t have had nearly enough courage to get free, let alone make it back to the forest with the type of injuries the other tom had sustained. He swallowed hard as his companion bristled, and he stumbled over his words, a lump in his throat, as he spoke. “You don’t have to force yourself,” he murmured, “Take your time; you don’t owe me an explanation at all, let alone a quick one.” He hoped to comfort the smaller tom, but he wasn’t quite sure how to do that. He’d been through so much, and Rosecloud was at a loss as to how he should respond.

Eevee
    Participant

The twolegs picked up the hard web I was in and stuck something through it that I couldn’t get away from since there was so little space. I remember a small pinch in my side and after that everything became blurry,” he continued, taking a moment to shake his head as if the blurriness was effecting them right then. “Next thing I knew I woke up in a strange twoleg nest. It wasn’t like the normal ones we see. It was very bright and everything smell.. Cold. I-I know that probably doesn’t make sense but that’s the only way I could describe it. I was kept there for two or three days I think, it was hard to tell since I couldn’t see outside.” There had been other scents there. Some of other cats, but they didn’t exactly smell right. Stoatskip chose to leave that out, not wanting to really think about it.

One of the twolegs left open the entrance to my cage after they had fed me, I’m guessing by accident. I managed to escape the twoleg place, but..” His voice trailed off and he took a deep breath, trying to control the pounding in his chest as the horrid memories flooded through his mind. “As soon as I got out of the nest, more twolegs were coming into it and they had two huge dogs with them. I wasn’t quick enough and the dogs.. They grabbed me. One had a hold of my scruff and the other had my leg. They threw me around like I was a piece of prey!” A growl erupted from the tom as he continued to hobble next to Rosecloud, his claws ripping at the grass beneath his paws. He remembered how helpless he had been, how he had screamed for Starclan’s help. “I managed to catch one of the dog’s nose with my claws and got it to let go, but the other one still had my leg in its jaws and it shook me around. That’s probably how my leg ended up like this.. Eventually, it’s twolegs made it let go of me and before it could grab me I ran. I just ran and ran until I couldn’t anymore. I collapse at the Skyclan border, and that’s where you found me.

Juncoberry
    Participant

Rosecloud
    skyclan warrior

The rosy warrior felt increasingly ill as Stoatskip recounted his experience. He couldn’t suppress the shudder that rolled down his spine as the other tom described the dogs; a chill seeped into his paws at the thought of it. He noticed how upset Stoatskip was becoming, and he ducked his head to rub his cheek with his own. Hey,” he hummed, his tail lashing behind him as he found himself growing angry with the twolegs who had done this to another warrior. “It’s okay; you’re safe now. We’ll get you back to Speckledmoss and get you patched up, okay?” Rosecloud didn’t know how much help he really was, but he was trying his best. He was out of his element dealing with a cat in crisis; he was lost trying to find the words to say. He wished Auroraskies was here… She’d have been more help, surely.

Drawing a shaky breath, the large tom forced himself to relax. “It’s okay,” he repeated, unsure if he was trying to comfort Stoatskip or himself at this point. He hadn’t been prepared for what the tom had to say; he regretted asking. 

Eevee
    Participant

Stoatskip swallowed hard as the memories continued to play out in his head while he walked alongside Rosecloud, his eyes clouded and heavy with exhaustion. Though the memories of his ordeal were painful, there was a small sense of relief in sharing them with someone. Was it selfish to not want to be alone with this pain? He shot a quick glance toward the Skyclan tom and flattened his ears when he noticed the troubled look in his eyes. Maybe I shouldn’t have said anything. Stupid furball. He inwardly cursed himself.

Being so preoccupied with his thoughts, Stoatskip almost jumped when he felt the comforting touch of the tom’s cheek press against his. He felt warmth spread under his fur from the gentle touch and he couldn’t help but smile, grateful for the reassurance from the Skyclan cat. “Seeing how I might end up staying at the Skyclan camp for a while, may I ask your name? I know I’ve seen you before at gatherings but I’ve never had the chance properly greet you. My name is Stoatskip.

Juncoberry
    Participant

Rosecloud
    skyclan warrior

The SkyClan tom was caught off guard as Stoatskip asked for his name. His eyes widened, and he gave a sheepish glance in the other tom’s direction. “I’m Rosecloud,” he offered, “I guess I didn’t really think of introducing myself– sorry.” Turning his eyes briefly to the branches hanging overhead, Rosecloud took slow, even breaths in an attempt to calm himself. He’d gotten himself worked up, and now the adrenaline was beginning to fade and leave his paws tingling. “Does any-cat know where you were going?” he questioned, wondering just how they were going to explain the situation to Desertstar. Stoatskip was in no shape to be travelling back to WindClan, and even if he were to go back now, surely the rival Clan would question just why their warrior had returned covered in injuries and smelling of SkyClan.

Eevee
    Participant

In response to Rosecloud’s question, Stoatskip gave a small shake of his head. He hadn’t exactly planned on ending up in a twoleg trap so he hadn’t bothered to wake anyone the night he had left. “My clan is probably worried about me,” he sighed, glancing toward the Skyclan tom to catch the look of tension on his face. “I will explain to them what happened. I won’t let them accuse Skyclan, I swear.” The clans may’ve been enemies but he wouldn’t let this cause a misunderstanding between the two clans.

Suddenly, he stumbled forward with a hiss of pain as his dangling foot caught a loose root that had been jutting up from beneath the soil. The force of the movement caused him to fumble over his pawsteps and he practically fell onto Rosecloud to steady himself. He was mortified to see the Skyclan tom’s pelt smeared with his blood, ears growing hot with embarrassment. “Oh thistles!” He cursed, trying to avoid staining Rosecloud’s pelt any further. “I-I’m sorry.

Juncoberry
    Participant

Rosecloud
    skyclan warrior

Rosecloud hummed softly at the tom’s admission that his Clan didn’t know where he had gone. His stomach twisted with anxiety as he fretted over what could happen when Desertstar heard the news. It would be so easy to blame SkyClan; this could be trouble for them. He almost began to doubt his decision to help Stoatskip, but he knew he never could’ve just let the tom lay there at the border. He didn’t have it in him to ignore a cat in need. “I sure hope they believe you,” he mumbled, his ears falling to his skull. As he was focused on the issue, Rosecloud failed to notice the root that was under-paw. A gasp escaped him, and he lurched forward in an attempt to catch the smaller tom before he could hurt himself any more. When Stoatskip began apologizing again, the rosy tom blinked in confusion. He gave a glance at his white-and-red pelt, a soft, “Ah,” at his lips as he saw the blood that stained it. 

“Don’t worry about it,” he soothed, offering a sweet smile. “I can always clean it later; I’m more worried about keeping you steady on your paws right now.” He made a point to keep his eyes off his own fur, hoping to reassure his companion that it meant nothing to him. His pelt did prickle at the realization that he was now covered in blood, but he was certainly trying to ignore that uneasy feeling. “Are you still okay to walk?” he asked, “It’s not too much farther.”

Eevee
    Participant

Stoatskip gave a heavy sigh. He could feel the unease practically radiating off of the Skyclan tom, but he couldn’t really blame him. This situation could cause trouble for both clans, especially Skyclan in Desertstar refused to listen to reason. He hoped he would be able to explain before any cat could jump to conclusions but Stoatskip had never been the best at dealing with confrontation. That was something his sister usually took care of, whether he wanted her to or not.

He nervously clicked his teeth together in thought as he continued to walk alongside Rosecloud, still leaning on the tom but trying not to smear any more blood on his white and red pelt. His amber gaze flickered toward him when question and he gave a small nod. “I think I’ll be fine for a bit,” he mewed. “I’ll let you know if I need to rest.

Despite his words, his muscles burned with exhaustion but he forced his paws to continue. The sooner he got to the Skyclan camp, the sooner he could properly rest while the Medicine Cat looked over him. His belly churned with worry though as they neared the camp. Not just for the fact he would be at the mercy of an enemy clan, but he fear what the Medicine Cat might say about his twisted leg. “Do.. Do you think Speckledmoss will be able to fix my leg?” The question came out in a barely audible whisper, almost as if he didn’t want Rosecloud to answer.

Juncoberry
    Participant

Rosecloud
    skyclan warrior

The SkyClan tom drew a slow breath as Stoatskip assured he was okay to continue. He had no choice but to believe him, and trust that he’d say something if he needed to. His eyes were drawn to the other tom’s injured leg as he spoke, his brows furrowing as he fought to find an answer. He didn’t want to give Stoatskip false hope, but he didn’t doubt his Clan’s medicine cat in the least. After a moment, giving a sigh, he gave his answer. “I know if any-cat can fix it, it’ll be Speckledmoss,” he affirmed, nodding once. “She knows what she’s doing; you can trust her to do anything and everything she can.” They were coming to the entrance to the camp, then, and Rosecloud paused a moment to brace himself for the mess he’d be bringing on himself the moment they entered. He didn’t know if he was ready for the scolding he’d get. He figured it was best to get it over with; he pushed his way in.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Territory Birch Forest A Purpose We Haven’t Yet Understood – Stoat/Rose [closed]