A Moment of Respect

Forums ThunderClan ThunderClan Camp ThunderClan Medicine Den A Moment of Respect

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Peach
    Participant

Thunderclans Peachy Princess 

“I promise I’ll take good care of them.” The Medicine Cat reassuring the nursery queen before she clamped her jaws softly around the scruff of a young kit, beckoning the other one to follow her with her tail. The kittens mother encouraging the young feline to follow the molly. Peachpaw was exhausted, her days seemed endless, every time she had one patient leave it seemed like a new sleuth of sickly clanmates were lined up at her den entrance. The molly left out a long sigh, it was hard on the young cat having no extra paws around during a time like this meant double the work.

Her eyes searched around the water soaked clearing, moral was down, way down. Without a “true” medicine cat and deputy around the clan was worried and most seemed hopeless. Have faith Thunderclan I assure you I won’t let anything bad happen Peachpaw had pushed all her doubts about her ability aside thinking negative at a time like this wouldn’t help the hopeless.

The tiny pitter-patter of the young kit following at her heels echoed in her den, the kit having fun playing in the puddles I’m glad he still seems so strong. Her concern was for the one clamped in her jaws, the younger molly kit was extremely ill and needed a dry quiet place to heal, “Its not the driest but it’s better than the nursery.” She mewed to herself after setting the kit down into her own nest, giving up her resting place. Offering the brother a soft smile she pulled him into her pelt, trying to dry off the tom kit before setting him in the dry nest with his sister. “Oh starclan what am I going to do. I need help, please give me your guidance.” She pleaded, head tilted towards the sky.

Tyler
    Participant

The rain never really seemed to stop. There were lulls in the waves of storms but never was there a time where water wasn’t falling from the sky. It was nice for a while, extra time to sleep in, to laze around with her mate and enjoy the extra time together, but eventually the dull ache in the rogue’s joints just couldn’t be ignored any longer. Warm air wafted through the entrance of her den, hitting her in the face before she even made contact with the sodden grounds. 

ThunderClan was at threat of flooding, her time in between days spent figuring out ways to re-route the impending water. Tactical thinking was something the splotched she-cat excelled at, and being able to let Hollystar see her as such felt good. She didn’t particularly care what the rest of the clan thought, although she’d over heard some of the usual taunts: outsider, rogue, dog.

Under the cover of an oak tree she began her usual stretches before her training. She stretched out each leg, her lower back, rolled each shoulder until it felt loose enough to make quick actions. Out of the corner of her eye she spotted Peachpaw exiting the nursery with a kit between her jaws and another trailing behind her. Her mind skipped back to the meeting with Hollystar and remembered the apprentice mentioning something about sick kits. Her eyes idly moved to the stream which winded behind the medicine cat den, swollen with the excess water from the storm. She was nervous the stream would seep into the medicine cat den- bring moisture into the walls and misshapen their home. 

It’s going to be too wet in there, the rogue thought to herself, finding her paws leading her on their own accord to the mouth of the den. Cherrycloud’s faded scent filled her nostrils as she passed the opening, her chest tightening at the memory of the lost healer. The molly had developed a little crush on Kass at some point or another and she enjoyed flirting with her during her time in the den. Wiping the frown from her maw she cleared her throat to signal her presence, not missing the way the non-sick kit flinched at her presence. “You might want to think about relocating, or at the very least start placing moss to absorb any water that’s gonna seep through, which it will. I know your herbs need to stay dry.” Kass began, tone all business and eyes not quite meeting Peachpaw’s. The encounter was.. well, it was awkward. 

• This reply was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by Tyler.
    Peach
    Participant

Thunderclans Peachy Princess 

Rounded ears flickered at the sound of the oh so familiar voice of Thunderclans resident rouge molly. Catching the kit flinching out of the corner of her eye, is this how everyone reacts to her? For the first time since Kass showed up in Thunderclan Peachpaw felt a little bad for the grey calico. Reassuring the tom kit with a gentle pat on the head before moving in the general direction of Kass, “Moss? Hm yes that just might work!” The she cat perked up, sometimes you just need an outside opinion to help you. “That’s a really good idea Kass, thank you.” The molly was genuine in her thanks, Peachpaw was too exhausted to sit around thinking of insults to throw in the calicos direction.

The young healer had already moved most of her herbal supplies into the back corner, the one of the only spots that was still completely dry. The delicate creamy paws carried the feline through the den to her small moss collection, “Should I put it around the nest or around the actual water?” Kass seemed to have more knowledge on this than she did and now wasn’t the time to let her pride get in the way of getting help. Her ginger tail swept the ground nervously when the molly came back to Kass’ side, getting out a deep exhale, “This is a little weird isn’t it?” A nervous chuckle following her words.

Tyler
    Participant

“Well, if you have enough it would be good to reinforce the walls of your den and then soak up the water after. I found some red clay that I can use on the outside of your den if need be.” the rogue shrugged her burly shoulders. Her eyes fell back onto the kits nervously, looking them both over and emitting a swear under her breath. “And.. well, if need be.. they could probably sleep in my den with me. Hollystar probably wouldn’t mind, and it’s probably the driest place in the forest at this point,” she commented. 

Kass let out a chuckle in response to the healer, “Yeah, I suppose it is a little weird, but this needs to work. I don’t think the Clan could handle..” she coughed awkwardly, “a loss.” 

Peach
    Participant

The peachy cream bird pondered the gray calicos advice, “Yes I think thatll work out just fine.” Her tail sweeping nervously across the ground at her offer to reinforce the outside of her quarters, knowing the clan probably wouldn’t be happy with her next decision, “I’d greatly appreciate that Kass, make sure you get an apprentice or two so you have some extra paws. My orders.” She added as an after thought, no cat in their right mind would refuse her order. 

Peachpaw had a close relationship with most of the kits in the nursery, being there for most of their kittings. Her pink nose nuzzling the nervous tom kit who was now curled up next to his sister, rounded ears flattening at Kass’ offer Stay with her? Peachpaws blue eyes stared down at the two fuzzy littermates trying to find the right words. “I…I really don’t know if that’s the smartest idea Kass.” Her Head dropped low, “Thunderclan looks to me to watch after our young and old and heal our sickly how would I look to my clan if I just handed over our young to you.” Peachpaw had just had such a nice moment with the rouge she hated having to force those words out of her mouth. 

“But if they stay here there’s a chance they’ll just get worse.” Her words were muted speaking to herself aloud. Leaving the kits side the molly paced back and forth, paws dragging in the water puddles inhabiting her den. “But what kind of medicine cat would I be if I didn’t give them their best chance at survival.” Her paws stopped, eyes meeting with Kass’ “You have to promise Kass, promise that if I agree you’ll take care of them. Promise you’ll fetch me  immediately if something even feels off.” Peachpaw decided to take a risk, allowing the kittens to take shelter with the molly and her mate. It was one of the biggest decision in Peachpaws career but she didn’t have a choice she had to. 

Her small body moving back to the kits wrapping them tightly against her body, “I don’t hate you Kass but I can’t just push away my  initial feeling about you that easily, it’s hard for me to trust you it goes against everything I believe.” A long exhale followed her words, “but I can see you’re trying, whether you  deny it or not. So if you’re willing to try then so am I. I’d love your help securing the den for my patients and it’d be a big help if you could move the kits to Hollystars den.” 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums ThunderClan ThunderClan Camp ThunderClan Medicine Den A Moment of Respect