A Gloomy New Beginning [CLOSED]

Forums The Outskirts The Outskirts A Gloomy New Beginning [CLOSED]

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Wolfstar
    Participant

~F O S T E R~
    ~Jumper~

It was still early when the clouds above gave of their rain to the grasses and trees, soaking the coats of the five felines that traveled by the swelling stream towards the mountain range. Water droplets threatened to invade the darker brown tabby’s eyes, and he blinked continuously to shoo them away where they dropped to the ground with the rest of them. Despite the drenched coats, neither one of them complained as they traveled forward with the tabby in the front, his yellow eyes trained at the rocky terrain in front of them where he had always dreamed to go. He knew they would not be going to the top, but at least he would get a taste of the hill that seemed to extend to the top of the sky. Foster swung his head around slowly to see Mystic directly behind him, the she-cat who had taken this journey many times before, and the she-cat who seemed to soften in his and Casper’s presence with every passing day. He gave her a soft side smile before looking at Casper and Luna who were pressed against each other behind Mystic, both of their eyes determined to follow. Jumper looked annoyed at the falling water that soaked his fur, but he kept his mouth shut as he padded behind Luna, his eyes rarely leaving her as if she were a mouse about to escape in his grasp. 

A rumble of thunder rolled in the clouds from behind them, and Foster let out a sigh that was probably inaudible in the loud pitter-pattering of the rain. Maybe if they had waited one more day, they would have escaped the wrath of this weather. They could have been watching the storm from underneath the barn roof with the mice. Now, it was going to be difficult to find prey, and if they did find it, it would be wet and soggy. Foster wrinkled his nose at the thought, and he turned towards the group once more with his eyebrows furrowed. “I think we should find cover,” he meowed louder than usual so all four of them could hear. “An even larger storm is coming from behind us, and judging from the wind it will be heading this way. It’ll be worse than it is now so let’s find some cover.”

Jumper pulled his eyes away from the back of Luna’s head and towards the burly tabby at the front who seemed demanding. “Who are you to say what we should do?” he meowed back. “This is a journey that Mystic has taken multiple times. Shouldn’t she be leading us and making these decisions?” He glared at Foster with the hint of unnecessary hatred that he had formed in his mind the moment they met, and Foster glared back with the fur on his neck ruffling. However, he turned away from him and looked at Mystic, dipping his head respectfully. “He’s right. I didn’t mean to take the lead.” Foster even surprised himself when he moved to the front of the group. He was never one to be around others, let alone lead them, so maybe he was stepping out of bounds by walking ahead of the one feline that knew exactly where they were going. “What would you like to do, Mystic?” 

Feared
    Participant

Casper ~ Rogue • Mystic ~ Rogue

Creamy fur was ruffled slightly from the rain that was already falling from the sky, soaking into his pelt and causing him to shiver ever so slightly. His sister must have noticed the chill that ran down his spine, for the she-cat tenderly pressed up against his side, causing him to smile briefly but he could feel the hard gaze of his sisters mate digging a hole into the back of his head, causing him to chew on his lower lip for a moment before his crystal blue eyes side glanced his sister and gave her a slight smile. “Shouldn’t you be walking with Jumper?” He whispered lowly so none of the others could hear him, chin tilting slightly as he looked at his sibling. She was also wet and he was sure that she was feeling the chill just as much as he, even though it was still a summer morning, the rain seemed to cool down the heat. Jumper was a much larger tomcat, perhaps he would be better suited to keep his sister warmer if she really needed it.

While the two siblings were speaking softly to themselves, Mystic was silent as she followed after Foster. Yes, she knew this route like the back of her paw, but she certainly didn’t mind the fact that Foster was leading them. He was a natural born leader, whether he knew it or not. She slowly licked her lips, her tongue rejoicing in the taste of rain water, something to moisten her dry mouth. Mystic knew she wasn’t exactly back up to her strength for this journey, but she couldn’t dally any longer. It was already mid summer and she needed to get to the coast, she needed to at least just see her. Pupils dilated slightly as she noticed that Foster had briefly glanced at her, bringing her out of her thoughts as he deep blue eyes softened slightly at the sight of the big muscular tabby Tom, his gaze friendly before he looked away. Perhaps he was needing to know if they were moving in the right direction, which of course they were, she would have verbally voiced her opinion. Midnight black fur was beginning to cling to her form, expressing her slender but almost too skinny form from her previous starving state, she wasn’t up to code just yet. But the rain never bothered her, no, water didn’t bother her in general. She loved it. She felt a slight pull on her long tail, causing her to blink in surprise before he slender head turned slightly to see that Casper had tenderly yanked on her tail in order to get her attention, his bright smile was contagious but she forced herself not to smile, instead she simply lifted an eyebrow. “I said, that you are limping. Are we going too fast?” Casper questioned, while Luna appeared to bashful as if perhaps she had mentioned something. Ah, right her ankle. “No, Casper. I am just fine.” She promised with a small nod, actually she hadn’t even noticed that she was limping, instead she straightened her posture and quickened her pace to follow after Foster.

Mystic paused briefly as her eyes found that Foster appeared to be deep in thought, causing her chin to tilt slightly as her deep blue eyes rose to the sky. Her left ear twitched as she listened to Foster give his opinion. Of course, he was right but that didn’t make her feel any better. They were already so behind, her head knew they should stop but her heart screamed for her to continue on without them! Slowly she inhaled, fixing to agree with Foster before Jumper suddenly butted in. Damn that Tom! He was making this much harder for everyone to get along peacefully. Her deep blue eyes slowly falling from the sky to land on the paler tabby pelt of her comrade, he seemed irritated and his fur ruffled as if Foster had made a pass on Luna. Of course, Jumper still thought here and there that Mystic was his property. Casper felt a little uncomfortable with the way that Jumper approached Foster, chewing on the inside of his cheek as he glanced at Mystic, who appeared calm and collected. How did she do that?! “Calm down, Jumper. It’s not like he tried to take my innocence.” Mystic meowed, a sneaky smile along her lips with a single eyebrow arched in a feminine like manner. Casper appeared confused by what Mystic meant, his blue gaze questioningly landing upon Foster as if he wanted his friend to answer. “Foster is correct, we need to find shelter. This storm is only going to get worse and the kiddos aren’t used to traveling in this weather.” Her long tail elegantly swayed towards Luna and Casper, where her eyes did not. “Also, I do not mind that Foster has taken the lead, it allows me to relax slightly. Don’t worry I will make sure that we head in the right direction, the two of you can keep your claws to yourselves. I would hate to get involved.” Mystic warned as she looked between Jumper and Foster, the two tabbies looked like they were about to go for each other’s throats.

Casper blinked as he looked between Foster and Jumper, Foster was usually so kind and gentle, but right now he looked like he would love to just tear into Jumper. But would Casper blame him…? The other tabby just wasn’t easy to get along with, and honestly he was surprised his sister got along with Jumper. “Maybe you should calm him down…” Casper whispered softly in her ear, peeling his side away from hers so she didn’t feel obligated to keep him safe. Where Mystic was calm and collected, her deep blue eyes watching Foster and Jumper with slight amusement. “Come along, dear toms. There is an old badger burrow up ahead, I’ll check it out to make sure no one is home.” She assured the males, moving to where she walked right between the two of them, she didn’t care that they were so close to one another, death glaring each other. One shoulder blade gently grazed Jumper’s chest and the other shoulder blade gently grazed Foster’s chest, but her tail gently touched Foster’s side to calm him and assure him that she didn’t mind that he was taking the lead. Meant she didn’t have to push herself so hard. For now though, she continued walking ahead into the mountain forest, the shadows casted by the trees seemed daunting but not for her, she felt at ease as she walked through the rain, her nose scenting the badger burrow. “Badger… burrow…?” Casper’s small voice sounded in the silence that followed, his eyes wide as he watched Mystic walk away.

Wolfstar
    Participant

~F O S T E R~
    ~Jumper~
    ~Luna~

Luna’s ears were pinned against the top of her head ever since the rain began, her legs and sides shivering with cold. Even though it was the hot season, her fur was short and the rain soaked into her skin easily which made it colder with each gust of wind. She pressed against Casper to keep herself warm, enjoying her brother’s presence now that they were back together again. However, she frowned when Casper looked at her after glancing back at Jumper, questioning her about why she wasn’t padding beside her mate. I thought it would be nice to spend time with you…Luna turned her head to glance at Jumper, noticing he was staring at her with annoyance before quickly turning his lips upward into a smile once he realized she was looking. What was getting underneath Jumper’s skin lately? Was he jealous of the little time she wanted to spend with her brother? Wasn’t she allowed to be happy they were reunited after losing her family right in front of her? If it wasn’t sleeked down from the rain, her black-speckled cream-colored fur would have lifted in irritation at her mate, but the last thing she wanted to do was make him mad. “Oh…yeah, I should.” She gave Casper an apologetic smile, but before she turned away, she tapped his side with her tail and nodded towards Mystic. “She looks like she’s limping,” she whispered to him. “Maybe we should slow down.” She dipped her head before slowing her walk to fall into step with Jumper, but he didn’t look at her once. I shouldn’t do anything to make him upset. I need to be better at being his mate.

When Foster stopped the group to recommend they found shelter, Luna wanted to jump with relief. The thought of getting dry sounded like bird chirps to her ears. When Jumper snapped at Foster, she wanted to glare at her mate for ruining the peace they had, but she kept her mouth shut. She knew better than to say anything when he was like this, so she stared down at her paws. Foster wasn’t as submissive as she, and he held Jumper’s stare with his own once Mystic said it was no problem that he took the lead. A part of Foster felt uncomfortable when Mystic joked that he wasn’t taking her innocence, and he wondered what she meant by that, but he kept his mouth shut. There was something between Mystic and Jumper that no one else knew, and made the vibe uneasy between them. He only turned away from the other tabby tom when Mystic tapped his side with her tail, and he padded after her with ease. Jumper was not worth getting into an argument with. When Casper padded up to them, he nudged his friend teasingly on the shoulder. “Don’t worry, skittish, a lot of badger dens are empty this time of year. They like to wander around. It’s worrisome to go near one during the colder weather, because they hang out in their burrows most of the time to wait it out.” He turned his head to Mystic. “Why don’t I go first just to make sure? You’re still recovering and you are limping a little. Casper and Luna don’t know how to fight, and..” He looked at Jumper. “…well, I guess Jumper should come with as well. Just in case.” The thought of padding beside Jumper was very unpleasant, but it was better to be safe than sorry.

Jumper rolled his eyes and stepped away from Luna. “Then let’s go,” he growled underneath his breath. As he padded forward, he brushed against Mystic’s side and stopped, his head leaning towards her ear so only she could hear his next words. “You and I both know I didn’t take your innocence. You gave it.” He gave her a smirk before peeling himself away from her before she could answer. “Hurry up, badger-whisperer. We don’t have all day, and I want to get out of this rain.” Foster blinked at Mystic curiously, unable to read the look on her face after Jumper’s secret whisper, and he tore himself away from the rest of the group to follow the tabby tom. If only I could just handle him like I have with other tom’s who are like him…He wouldn’t be breathing for much longer. The world was a better place without cats like Jumper: always angry, able to change their personality quicker than a snake bite, and dominating. There were two things, however, that kept him from killing him. He didn’t know how Mystic would handle it, and he also didn’t want to take Luna’s mate away from her. 

Foster stayed behind Jumper as they padded forward, the scent of the badger burrow getting stronger as they got closer, but still stale. Foster lifted his nose to scent out the area. “I don’t smell fresh badger,” he meowed. “Let’s do a parameter run around this territory just to make sure. I’ll go this way.” He nodded towards the right side of the burrow and was about to start padding that way, but stopped when he felt the burn of Jumper’s eyes boring into his fur. “What’s your problem?” he demanded, the fur on his neck prickling. Jumper’s tail lashed. “I don’t like you, Foster. I don’t like other toms in my way. I don’t mind the runt you call friend because he’s as harmless as a fly, but you get on my nerves. I see the way you’ve looked at Mystic, and I see the way she looks at you sometimes. But let me be perfectly clear that both Mystic and Luna are off limits. Do you understand?” Foster’s stare was hard and cold, and he slowly padding towards Jumper with his chest puffing out with hatred and his mouth opening in a snarl with his teeth baring. “Oh no, Jumper, let me be perfectly clear. You don’t own either of them, and you definitely don’t lead this group whether you like it or not. I’ve dealt with toms like you and I always come out on top while they are in the ground with bugs eating their flesh. So unless you want to join them, you better step back and keep your tail between your legs because I won’t accept this behavior for much longer. Now do the parameter run before I change my mind on letting you live.” Foster turned away to keep himself from pouncing on Jumper and giving him a killer bite to the neck.

Feared
    Participant

For now Mystic was hiding her facial expression when Jumper’s whisper filtered through her ears, leaving her rigid as her deep blue eyes just stared ahead, not even bothering to glance in Jumpers way. He had brushed up against her side to throw that jab in her face, he wasn’t wrong, they had some fun together but that’s all it had been for her. She had needs and so had he, together they helped one another but nothing else really needed to come of it. For her at least. “Perhaps, but it won’t be that way forever.” Mystic whispered back as he began to pull away, honestly she wasn’t sure that he had even heard her but she didn’t care as she glanced towards Foster. He was gazing at her in a questioning manner, and although she wanted to smile and reassure him, she was fuming. Her pelt was soaked but it was trying to bristle nonetheless while her long tail lashed out in irritation before she looked away from the two retreating tabbies. Perhaps she was limping a bit but she was good in a fight, although Foster had taken her down too easily beforehand, maybe it was best to regain her strength before testing those waters. Slowly she turned around, noticing that Casper was huddled against his sister once more, it caused a small smirk to rise along her face. He was a gentle hearted soul, it was fortunate that Foster had taken him in, the youngster wouldn’t have survived on his own. That much was certain. “Come you two, lets sit under the foliage and get a little shelter.” She spoke softly, but her eyes were bright with anger as she walked towards the ferns, a small limp gracing her as she moved.

Mystic looked… he wasn’t sure, her eyes held some sort of scary emotion but her facial expression was mute to say the least. Casper was curious to know what Jumper had whispered in her ear, but he didn’t say anything as he looked towards his sister and gently licked her wet ears. “Yeah, lets get out of the rain.” He smiled and gently brushed against his cream and black speckled sibling, moving in the direction that Mystic had taken. Was he too attached to his sister..? Maybe, but he had never really thought about it, although Jumper didn’t seem really pleased with the way he would glue himself to Luna, even though his sister didn’t complain. “Mystic… when did you hurt your paw?” He asked in a soft voice as he cuddled up against the black she-cat with his sister at his side. Mystic blinked in surprise before she gave a small shrug of her shoulder blade. “It was actually a few weeks before we found Luna, it wasn’t serious but it gets sore every now and then.” She smiled tartly, her voice was soothing but her emotions were raging. Mystic hesitated as she looked at Luna, even though she was Jumper’s mate… Jumper was continuing to act as if he owned her, his aggression towards Foster was noticeable and she was no fool. She understood what was going on, his little jab at their previous relationship was a simple indicator. “Luna… are you happy with Jumper?” Mystic questioned now that they were alone, although her head argued for her to keep her mouth shut. This was her way out of Jumpers clutches, away from his manipulation. But… her heart couldn’t go through with it, Luna was such an innocent young molly. “If you ever need me, I’m here. Casper keep your mouth shut.” Mystic warned the young Tom, his jaws snapping shut as he glanced worriedly towards his sister. What did Mystic mean..?

Wolfstar
    Participant

~F O S T E R~
    ~Jumper~
    ~Luna~

Luna couldn’t help but relax with relief once Jumper left her presence to join Foster, and she softly closed her eyes to pay attention to the rain that landed on her fur. Streaks of water rolled from the top of her head and down her face, as well down her spine and over her slightly protruded sides. When the three of them had met with Casper and Foster a few sunrises ago, she was dangerously thin. The mice and rabbit had pleasantly filled her up just enough to not be as skinny as a twig, but Mystic was still just as thin as before. She must be stressed more than I am. Or I ate too many mice. Due to her eyes being closed, Luna missed the interaction between Jumper and Mystic, and she opened her eyes to find her mate gone with Foster, Casper looking puzzled, and Mystic looking like she had seen a ghost. Luna tilted her head and almost asked Mystic about it, but decided against it. The black she-cat was not one to talk about her feelings no matter how hard Luna had tried to get her to open up. Instead, she bit her lip and watched Mystic pad away to lead them to the natural shelter made up of thick ferns. She happily padded after her, grateful to get away from the direct hit of the rain. As all three of them settled underneath the green leaves, Luna began to rasp her tongue over her pelt in the opposite direction her fur naturally lay, hoping it would dry just for a little bit. However, she immediately stopped when Mystic asked her a question, and she slowly lifted her head to look Mystic in the eyes. “Um…yes,” she meowed, softly. She had to be happy, shouldn’t she? Wasn’t being with a tom supposed to be her duty? Her whole life, she had watched the she-cats of their little community being given to other toms as their mates where they would be expected to carry their kits almost immediately. She assumed that was how it was everywhere.

I think he’s just upset because I haven’t expected his kits yet. I mean it’s natural for him to feel irritated at that, so I understand. We just have to be patient with him.” She gave Mystic a reassuring smile. “You should know that, you’ve known him longer than I have. Once I’ve provided Jumper kits he’ll be happy with me.” Part of her was frightened that she wouldn’t be able to carry. She had seen what happened to she-cats who were unable to expect kits, and she had never seen them again. She wasn’t quite sure if they were banished or…killed…but she prayed she would never find out. “He hasn’t said he’s frustrated with me because I haven’t had kits yet, but I can tell with how often-” Luna shut her mouth, her teeth clamping together. Goodness, she almost spoke about things a she-cat should never talk about. And in front of her brother! Her ears warmed and she looked away from Mystic, continuing to rasp her tongue over her sides. The process of creating kits was not pleasant for her, which she expected was how it was for all she-cats, but it was still not okay to speak of it. Jumper had said as much. 

At the badger burrow, Foster fumed his way through the trees that outlined the small clearing. No signs of badger were anywhere nearby other than for the burrow. However, that wasn’t the only thing on his mind. Unease tugged at him, and he wanted so badly to go back to the others and steer them away from the direction of Jumper for good, but he couldn’t. Other than glares and the words he had spoken just now, Jumper hadn’t done anything wrong and he couldn’t justify his need to get away from him. I have to deal with it for now. And why did Jumper think he owned Mystic? Luna was his mate, was she not? What did he whisper to Mystic? Foster couldn’t help but feel a connection towards the black she-cat, but she had so many secrets that she didn’t share with him, and he knew one of them had to do with Jumper. He grunted with annoyance at that thought before turning back towards the burrow. He noticed the other tabby padding from the opposite direction, his face calm and relaxed as if they hadn’t had a heated conversation just minutes before. “Nothing,” Jumper meowed. “Let’s head back and tell the others. I also saw another burrow not too far from here that I think Luna and I will take.” Foster bit his tongue, but didn’t retort back. “First let me check the inside of the burrow to make sure it’s safe,” Foster meowed, sticking his head inside of the burrow and sniffing out the air. “Clear!” He pulled back and made his way back towards the others without waiting for Jumper. 

It was difficult to sniff out the others in the incessant rain, but it was easy to spot the cream-colored fur of Casper and Luna. He quickly moved towards them and nodded his head. “It’s alright to go in now! Let’s get dry and get some rest. I can search for some prey in the meantime.” Jumper smiled at Luna once he caught up. “I found a separate burrow just for you and I, my sweet. It’s small, but it’ll do.”

Feared
    Participant

Casper was awkwardly looking back and forth between Mystic and Luna, he was clearly clueless in this conversation. Kits? To him, they weren’t much older than kits, his eyebrows furrowing slightly but like Mystic said, he kept his trap shut and listened silently. Girl talk was so weird. Luna appeared suddenly embarrassed, causing him to snicker softly but honestly he had no idea why she suddenly looked so bashful. Mystic on the other hand knew very well but she was surprised to hear that Jumper wanted kits, he had always been so careful when they mated. But then again they had only been mating buddies and it made sense for her not to be pregnant, although Mystic did wonder if Luna’s young age was a reason for her not to be pregnant. But if she had her first heat already then it didn’t matter, Mystic wouldn’t dwell on it, Luna didn’t appear bothered that she was being intimate with Jumper, so Mystic wouldn’t be bothered. “Well okay. In case there’s ever a situation you don’t feel comfortable with… let me know.” Mystic promised softly, her eyes narrowing slightly before she noticed that Casper was shifting uncomfortably. “Nothings wrong Casper, just some friendly talk.” Mystic assured the soft hearted Tom, looking back at Luna for a moment before she looked away. In truth, it bothered her that Jumper had already mated with Luna, she was so young.. but it wasn’t any of her business.

Casper jumped up to his paws the moment that he saw Foster, clearly relieved to see his friend unharmed and to get away from the girls. They were so strange and their talk was uncomfortable. “Thank goodness. Mollies are weird.” Casper exclaimed as he head butted Foster, his clear blue eyes wide and innocent as he gazed up at the big tabby. Mystic on the other hand was doing no running, her slender form slipping from under the ferns as the heavy rain fall graced her black pelt once more, her blue eyes trained on Foster as she purposively ignored Jumper. If he wanted attention, he would have to get it from Luna. “Wonderful.” Mystic smiled at Foster, giving a faint nod before she noticed that Casper was pressing against her, clearly to give her support but she snickered. “Casper, I can walk on my own. Better move before I snip at your tail.” Mystic teased but the young Tom was already moving away from her with a quickness to his step, frowning slightly before he glanced back at Jumper speaking with Luna. Suddenly he felt lonely without his sister, but he ignored it as he moved to stand on the other side of Foster. “Fine. But you fall and I get to laugh.” Casper pouted, looking at Mystic before looking away. Mystic laughed and smiled softly, she couldn’t help but have a soft spot for Casper, he reminded her of someone. “Deal. Now let’s get dry and find something to eat.” She meowed, her dark black figure beginning to move in the direction of the badgers burrow.

Wolfstar
    Participant

~F O S T E R~
    ~Luna~
    ~Jumper~

Luna stopped washing her paws for a moment, her ears twitching at Mystic’s words. Uncomfortable? It was normal to feel uncomfortable mating with someone, right? She wanted to ask Mystic why she was making a big deal out of it, but decided against it. Casper was already looking uncomfortable himself, and she realized it must be because he had no clue what they were talking about. Did their father not teach his sons their basic duties as toms? So many things don’t make sense to me right now. Her temples began to throb from stress, and she closed her eyes so she would just pay attention to the soothing sound of the rain. However, Foster’s voice called to the three of them underneath the ferns, and she almost groaned with annoyance. Her pelt was just starting to dry, and it was actually nice being a little away from Jumper who constantly had eyes on her. Luna opened her own eyes just to immediately see Jumper staring right at her. Their own den? The last thing Luna wanted was to be separated from the group, but she had no right to question him. “Oh, okay,” she meowed, probably too quiet for anyone to hear over the torrent rainfall. When Casper stood up and followed Foster, a huge part of her wanted to run after him and follow, but instead she padded towards Jumper and gave him a smile. “Let’s hurry then, dear,” she meowed, motioning for him to show her the way with his tail. 

Jumper very much noticed that Mystic was not looking at him, but he didn’t let it show that he cared. He greeted his mate with a smile and pulled her close to his side with his tail, moving towards the direction of their own den. In truth, it was quite small even for them, but he didn’t want to be anywhere near Foster at the moment. I would have much preferred Mystic to join us, but she’s thinking she has the right to deny me lately. I wouldn’t want to make a scene in front of her friends just yet. Suddenly, Jumper realized Luna was speaking to him, and he turned his head towards her with an arched eyebrow, showing he didn’t quite catch what she was saying. “I said, I’m very tired. I just want to eat, dry my fur, and then go to sleep. Is that okay?” Luna asked softly, her voice cracking as if scared to ask him. Jumper narrowed his eyes, anger bubbling in his chest. She didn’t want to spend time with him? Was he not enough for her? “No,” he said suddenly, grateful they were away from the group enough that they couldn’t hear them. “That’s not okay. And because you even suggested not being with me, you’re not eating until the morning. We will spend time together. My way.” 

Foster watched Luna and Jumper pad towards their own direction, his ears straining to catch what they were saying, but the rain was too loud and thunder continued to rumble in the clouds above. Luna’s head and tail were lowered as if she was distraught, and he so badly wanted to go over to her and ask if she wanted to be separate from Jumper tonight, but he kept himself where he stood. He didn’t know these felines, and it wasn’t his place to judge their relationship. When Casper stood against Foster’s side, he gave the young tom a smile and placed his tail on his spine as he lead both he and Mystic to the badger burrow. A wave of relief came over Foster as they crawled inside where they were no longer being rained on. The burrow was definitely large enough for the three of them, which meant their coats would dry quicker with the extra space and air. The thought of going out to hunt sounded miserable to him, but they needed to eat. Foster looked at both Mystic and Casper settling in, and he suddenly felt a need to protect them both like they were his family. It was obvious why he felt that way with Casper seeing as he had a bond with the young tom that he hadn’t with anybody else. But Mystic was different. She was harsh and angry when they first met, but she quickly melted her attitude and now she was intriguing to him. She was very smart, and that made Foster want to get to know her. He gave them both a smile. I’m going to go out and find us some food. Casper, you stay here and protect the burrow. Mystic, are you wanting to come along or do you want to rest your leg?

Feared
    Participant

Long pink tongue score over tan brown lips as the young Tom licked away the rain water, his slim figure slipping within the den with ease. His little nose twitching slightly as he looked over his shoulder blade to watch Foster and Mystic slip into the den, their pelts drenched like his own. Although, his eyes kept watching the entrance to the burrow, he knew his sister wasn’t going to be entering. Clearing his throat to break away the emotions stuck in his throat, his blue eyes flickered back towards Foster as the big tabby spoke, his eyes bright and warm for whatever reason. Even though Mystic was new to their group, Casper was warming up considerably to the feisty black molly, she was a force to be reckoned with but she felt safe. “Mystic, you should rest while I hunt with Foster.” The young Tom meowed, but he was already trembling which caused Mystic to smile slightly as she moved towards Casper and gave his pelt a few rough licks. “Hush, stay in the den and dry your pelt, the rain doesn’t bother me anyway.” Mystic meowed, her black fur sticking to her skinny figure, tail waving as she dismissed Fosters comment. “My leg is just fine, a bit of hunting isn’t gonna kill me.” She smirked slightly as she turned away from Casper, her deep blue eyes mischievous as she looked at the big tabby. “Come on, scruffy. It’s about time you had a proper bath.” Mystic laughed, bumping her shoulder blade against his as she slipped past him, head lowered to meet the beating of the rain falling against her pelt. Casper blinked at Mystic a soft snort of laughter leaving his lips as she made fun of his friends scruffy pelt once more, shaking his head as the water droplets fell from his whiskers. “She’s so mean.” Casper snickered, looking at Foster before he turned and began to groom his cream pelt in the wrong direction. He didn’t like being alone but he knew that Foster would come back for him.

Mystic on the other hand was standing in the rain for a brief moment, enjoying the feel of the rain against her body. Ears twitched as she heard Foster exit the den, smiling to herself as she straightened out her posture and began to walk with the Tom. She was worried about Luna being alone with Jumper so much, but she couldn’t quite voice it and it wasn’t her place. So it was nice to have something else occupy her attention. “You are getting more daring, leaving him alone.” She commented, although she didn’t look at the Tom as she watched where she was walking, eyes narrowing against the slight haze the rain creates before her. She momentarily brushed up against Foster to avoid a bush, but then moved away from him once she was able, glancing at him then. “Most of the ground here is flat, but be careful. The land does tend to slope a bit towards that ridgeline.” Mystic warned as she used her muzzle to point towards the few pine trees that she knew of. Ears were pinned back against her head out of habit in the rain, although she soon fell quiet so not to scare prey away, her focus shifting as she began to scent the air, her mouth parted as she breathed in. Rainnnn. Was all she could scent, sighing softly as she opened her eyes once more, pupils narrowing before she glanced at Foster.

Wolfstar
    Participant

~F O S T E R~
    ~Jumper~

Foster smiled at Casper when he offered to go hunting so she could rest as he stood there shaking and miserable-looking. Casper might not be the strongest tom, but he was definitely the most caring and supportive feline Foster had ever met. Although his offer was sweet, he was grateful that Mystic told him to stay and get warm while she and Foster went out. He had to admit the thought of spending time with her sounded fun, even though it was going to be in the pouring rain. When Mystic padded out of the burrow, Foster placed his nose on top of Casper’s head. “She’s not mean,” he chuckled. “She’s stubborn. We’ll be back soon.” He pulled away from his friend and padded after Mystic. She stood underneath the torrent rain with her eyes staring straight ahead, her muscles relaxed. Did she like the rain? Rain didn’t bother him nearly as much as going underwater, but it was still not a pleasant experience for him. The brown tabby stepped up to her side and blinked the rain away from his eyes. “At this point, I feel like you don’t know my name so you call me Scruffy to save your embarrassment of asking me what my name is,” he teased. When she spoke about leaving Casper alone, Foster turned his head to look at the burrow. “Well, he knows some good defensive moves, but he doesn’t wander off and explore. He does what he’s told when he’s unsure of the area.”

Lightning suddenly cracked in the sky, lighting up the area and making Foster’s neck fur prickle with surprise. Thunder was okay for him, but the second lightning was mixed in a storm made him uneasy, but he kept his head up high to show he was tough. Mystic’s pelt brushed up against his as she moved around some bushes, and his heart leaped at the sudden touch. He cleared his throat, his eyes locked at the pine trees she was referring to. “Then let’s head towards the ridgeline. Trees means less rain which means that we’ll probably find more prey over there than anywhere else. Just be mindful of the slopes and if it starts to flood then we’ll head out of there. Does that sound good to you?” He asked. 

Jumper’s green eyes were narrowed as he stared at Mystic and Jumper from the ridgeline, their eyes looking his way, but not directly at him. He hid behind a bush covered with purple flowers that gave off a heavy scent even in the rain, which was the perfect place to stay invisible. Hatred burned in his belly when Mystic brushed up against Foster to move out of the way of some bushes. Jumper knew in his heart that if he were in Foster’s place, she would have let the leaves of the bush smack against her side without hesitation. She had just met Foster, and she was already acting like this? “Fox-heart,” he snarled. Jumper had left Luna in their own burrow while he went to hunt for prey for himself, but not without a fresh claw mark underneath her belly where no one would be able to notice. However, the sound of Mystic and Foster made him stop his own hunt, and glorious thoughts entered his mind. If only he could get Foster alone…Without Foster, he would be able to take control of their little group. He already had Luna under his grasp, and Casper would be easy to take over. It was Mystic that would need some training, but he knew he would win her over since he knew a secret of hers. His lips curled up into a smirk at the thought of being their leader, and possibly letting other strays in to create a community that was all his own. What a wonderful thought. I’ll need to do this carefully to make Foster’s death look like an accident. 

Feared
    Participant

Mystic blinked some rain out of her haze, her left eye becoming hazy before it finally cleared with a couple good blinks. Foster was handling the rain without any complaint, he was even holding his head up high as thunder and lightning overtook the sky. She had been born on the coast, she knew of storms. Large hurricanes that could knock over forests, completely destroy houses and human belongings. Her family usually took to the sewers, anything underground far enough was sometimes safe, flooding was an issue in some areas but high ground sewers were worth fighting over to stay alive. This storm was nothing but a mere summer thunderstorm and she was enjoying its show. Lightning struck through the sky once more, causing her to briefly glance up as the dark grey clouds were instantly illuminated before she looked back at Foster as he commented about hunting near the ridgeline, causing her to shrug her slim shoulders. “Sounds like a plan, Foster.” She snickered softly, her deep blue eyes playful as she gently bumped her shoulder blade against his own as she walked past him, her long tail swaying behind her. Foster intrigued her, although they didn’t have the best run in, there was something alluring about the Tom. Something she wanted to find out.

“I’m glad you were able to find the badgers burrow. Jumper can be a bit scatter brained when remembering things.” Mystic finally spoke softly, she had been uneasy that Jumper and Foster had been left alone together, but they had returned unscathed but her curiosity was burning at her belly. Luna also appeared to be just fine, which was even more surprising. All this guilt building up in her chest wasn’t good, and really she needed to get away from Luna and Jumper but… she was having a hard time thinking of leaving the little molly, Casper and Foster. Jumper she could hold down in the ocean and never see him resurface. “Casper and Luna seem to be really close siblings, I was never really close with mine.” She chuckled softly, her blue eyes flashing towards the huge brown tabby, tilting her chin thoughtfully. “What about you, Scruffy? Have any siblings?” She questioned, wanting to get to know the Tom, but her ears twitching for a moment. “Hold that thought…” She muttered softly to Foster, flashing him a soft smile before she turned on her paws and moved towards the thick foliage. Mystic might have been starved and her leg was throbbing, but she was a quick feline. Her skinny form slipped under the foliage with ease, not bothering to stalk as she could tell whatever it was, the creature was stuck within the ferns. Rabbit! She was instantly pleased, not even taking a moment to address the situation as she used her jaws to break the neck on the panicked prey. Using her claws, she dug the rabbit out from the ferns, digging her teeth into its scruff as she slithered out from the greenery, pupils narrowing as she walked back towards Foster. His pelt was cleaner because of the rain but there was a small twig that clung to his back, causing her to smile as she lowered the rabbit at his paw. “Hold on.” She meowed, digging her teeth into the twig and tenderly yanking it out. The twig brought a few strands of his fur along with it, but now it wasn’t an eye sore. “There you go.” She meowed a she spat out the twig, Foster surprisingly had a very masculine scent, it was almost addicting but she didn’t dare mention this as she took a step back and beamed. “Now, about those possible siblings?” Mystic smiled, picking up her rabbit and walking with Foster, unaware that they were being watched.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Feared.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums The Outskirts The Outskirts A Gloomy New Beginning [CLOSED]