Skip to toolbar

A Friend’s Perspective (Little/Aurora)

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Territory Birch Forest A Friend’s Perspective (Little/Aurora)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Missa
    Participant

Auroraskies
    Skyclan Warrior

The summer heat was in full swing today, the sun was beaming through the woods and the birds were chirping. A pair of violet-amber eyes were scanning through the area, looking for any sign of life on the ground. Her ears flicked slightly when hearing a small huff and turned to look at her companion who was trailing slowly behind her. Aurora stopped suddenly to let her friend catch it, it seemed like the black and golden molly was walking fast again for the gray tabby. Lately, Littledove had been requesting to sit down and take a breather when the two would go  hunting. She was wondering if Littledove possibly was sick from something, she couldn’t quite tell yet. But there was surely something going on with her and Tigersnap, that she could figure out.

Aurora furrowed her eyebrows for a moment as she kept padding forward, she had noticed the two were extremely close as of late with Tigersnap grieving over his missing sister. Was there a possibility that….? No, they couldn’t have mated. Littledove would have wanted to see how their relationship went first before mating. That molly was very much in love with Tigersnap, and it seemed like everyone knew it but him. Looking over at her companion, she did notice that Littledove had changed a lot in the past moon. Her friend was usually the one that jumped on three patrols without hesitation but she got very tired after 2.

Now actually looking at Littledove, Aurora did notice that the molly’s stomach was swollen.. Was she pregnant? Nah, Tigersnap and Littledove didn’t sleep together.. Unless?. Aurora shook her head, not bothering to overthink it and she looked over at Littledove with a soft smile on her face “You doing okay Lils? I didn’t mean to walk too fast, we can stop if you want.” Aurora said, thinking about taking a break so her friend could rest a bit. They were on a hunting patrol, and it had been about 5 minutes since they left the camp. Littledove didn’t look to great, and she didn’t want the gray tabby to start climbing trees if she didn’t feel well. The black and golden molly was scolding herself for asking Littledove to join her on the patrol, she should have let her rest but Littledove would have been stubborn and insist that she was fine anyways “Come, let’s sit down for a bit. I’ll go get you some water if you’re not feeling well.” Aurora offered, her tail rising for her friend to stop and the molly watched Littledove for a moment before giving her a look of ‘Sit down already.’

• This topic was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Missa.
    snow
    Participant

l i t t l e d o v e
    skyclan warrior

It had been a nice day, and the silver tabby had been padding along slowly, glancing at the foliage and relishing the warmth of green-leaf. Something in her said it wouldn’t last long, and despite all the tension within the clans and the black substance discovered at the Moonpool, she felt oddly at peace with everything. Once she faced forward, she nearly bumped into Auroraskies, eyes widening in shock. “O-oh, sorry,” she mewed awkwardly, letting out a soft breath as she glanced away. At the molly’s question, the warrior flicked an ear and shrugged, wishing she could hide her fatigue. “I’m okay, I think the sparrow I ate yesterday was stale. Must’ve messed with my stomach,” she mewed hopefully, trying to convince herself as well. She knew she’d been a bit of a straggler lately, but it hadn’t occurred to her that her clanmates had begun to notice. That’s embarrassing, she thought, swishing her tail behind her. Looks like she’d just need to focus on training again and building her cardiovascular endurance.

She began to press on, but her friend wasn’t budging from her spot. Littledove parted her jaws to speak, but the black and ginger calico spoke first, earning a grunt of surprise from the silver tabby. “Fine, fine,” she sighed, eventually giving in to her friends persistence. The warrior had noticed the past quarter moon had only gotten harder, and she was fearful she was going to start vomiting up the black substance like the other sick cats. “I-I’m a little nervous, I’ve been feeling kind of… gross,” she confessed, flattening her hears. “I don’t think I’ve gotten the sickness going around,” she confessed, shuffling her white paws beneath her. “But…” she trailed off, clearly wanting to tell her friend what was on her mind, but unable to form the words.

Missa
    Participant

Auroraskies
    Skyclan Warrior

Aurora grinned brightly when her friend gave in and sat down, perhaps she could see what was wrong with Littledove since they weren’t moving now. The black and golden molly shook her head slightly at her friend’s words “I don’t think you’ve got that sickness.. Darkbird and Granitepaw couldn’t really walk when they came down with it within the first two days of them getting sick.” The molly said softly at Littledove. A frown escaped her lips when she nodded at her friend’s words, could it possibly a stale sparrow? But it could be other things as well. Maybe they needed to go see Speckledmoss to see if Littledove came down with some sickness. The Maine Coon observed her friend closely, clearly something was on her mind. Aurora soon got up and sat next to her friend, lightly bumping her shoulder into Littledove’s with a half-grin and looked up when hearing the birds.

“Hey, we’ll find out what’s wrong with you and you’ll be back out here in no time.” Aurora said with her violet-amber eyes shining when looking back down at her friend. She was generally worried for her friend, it seemed like Littledove wasn’t in an extreme amount of pain but just extremely uncomfortable right now. Wrapping her tail around her paws neatly, she looked up at the gray tabby “Maybe you’re adjusting to the summer weather, some cats adjust very differently to the seasons changi-“ Aurora said but quickly stopped herself when Littledove said ‘But’ and tilted her head slightly at the other molly, did something happen to Littledove? “I’m listening.” She said, nodding at Littledove to encourage her to keep on speaking. Certainly what Littledove said next was going to surprise her, as she didn’t expect it to actually happen.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Missa.
    snow
    Participant

l i t t l e d o v e
    skyclan warrior

Auroraskies’ resolve only made her belly churn worse, paws shuffling awkwardly beneath her. She knew she needed to come out with what had been on her mind, but speaking it out loud would suddenly make it very real, and the silver tabby warrior wasn’t sure she was entirely ready for that. She gave her friend a small smile as she comforted her, taking a deep breath as she prepared herself. She let the silence stretch between them for a moment before looking up at her, cheeks uncomfortably warm. “I, um… Tigersnap and I, we… yeah, a bit ago, a quarter moon after Cougarflight’s disappearance…” she felt ready to burst out of her skin, chewing on her lip before continuing. “Anyway, yeah, it happened. And, I’ve just… not felt the best,” she admitted, sighing.

Well, her secret was out now and there was nothing she could really do about it. She watched her friend’s eyes widen as she processed the information, hoping she understood what she was talking about. “I’ve had some suspicions, but I was just trying to wait it out, just in case it was nothing, but… I think waiting is making it worse,” she mumbled, glancing away momentarily. Littledove didn’t normally get this uncomfortable, but sharing this kind of information was quite personal. She hoped Auroraskies didn’t think they’d only been together because of the circumstances with his sibling. “It was mutual, obviously, and yeah. It just, happened.”

Missa
    Participant

Auroraskies
    Skyclan Warrior

Aurora’s eyebrows furrowed together, and nodded along at first. It wasn’t until Littledove got straight to the point and the black and golden molly’s mouth dropped slightly. Well she certainly didn’t expect this to happen! About time! A half-grin appeared on her face “Littledove! You little Vixen. I knew you had it in you.” She purred and nudged her friend lightly with her nose. Aurora was rooting for Tigersnap and Littledove, she saw how happy Littledove was whenever Tigersnap was around her. The Maine Coon was very observant with her clanmates, but she certainly didn’t expect them to get together so fast. Looking at the gray tabby, a smile escaped her lips “I’m happy for you Lils, he’s a good tom for you.” She told her friend. Aurora knew that it took a lot for Littledove to tell her  about what happened, so it meant a lot.

Aurora got up and nudged her friend up to stand up “Come on, there is a possibility that..” Aurora said softly, not finishing the sentence.  The black and golden molly knew how nervous Littledove must be, she experienced it herself at one point. The two began walking back towards the direction of camp, Aurora knew that she would have to tell Dawnstorm that another patrol needed to be sent out. Right now, Littledove needed a friend by her side to find out if she was pregnant. Something hit her and she looked at Littledove and frowned slightly “What are you gonna tell Tigersnap?” She questioned her. It was very unexpected news, she wasn’t really sure that Tigersnap was slowly starting to realize that Littledove may be expecting. She knew that Tigersnap wouldn’t leave the gray tabby to raise the kits on her own, he basically raised his two siblings and the brown tom didn’t seem the type to do that.

“I’ll stay with you when you go see Speckledmoss, I don’t want you to be alone.” Aurora promised her friend, placing her pink nose on the other molly’s shoulder. She had experienced her own pregnancy alone, the father wasn’t around. But her sister was there during the whole time, supporting her throughout everything. Aurora saw her friends as part of her family, and she wasn’t going to leave any of them behind. Looking around, she didn’t know how long it would take until clan gossip started going around that a swollen Littledove was going into the meddie’s den.. But one thing was for sure, she was going to support her friend throughout the whole thing.

snow
    Participant

l i t t l e d o v e
    skyclan warrior/queen?

She felt heat rush to her cheeks at her friends comments. The sly nudge and wink only made the silver tabby want to die even more on the inside. She wasn’t one to brag, and especially not about this. “Oh gosh Aurora, calm down please,” she spluttered out, rising to her paws as the pair slowly made their way back to camp. It was an unspoken rule amongst she-cats who discussed these things; you admit the deed and then you go to the medicine den to confirm or deny your suspicions. Such an awkward task to be done, and Littledove never imagined she’d be on the nervous side. If she was pregnant, would that necessarily be a bad thing? Only if Tigersnap thinks so, she thought suddenly, worry making her tail bush up.

Her question only made her nerves flare up more, blue gaze shifting from her and back to the path in front of her. “I-I don’t know. I don’t know if he’ll be happy, disappointed, angry…” she trailed off, suddenly piecing together her reality. “Oh StarClan we’re not even MATES! What is the clan going to think about this?!” she whined, feeling almost shameful of that reason. She prayed to StarClan that the tom didn’t see it that way, and that everything could turn out okay. “W-well, we don’t know that I am. Like I said, that sparrow was very tough,” she remined her, though the panic in her voice was clear as day. The silver warrior seemed rather shaken up by the news. It hadn’t felt real until she’d told someone.

As they entered the camp, Littledove paused briefly, glancing at her. “C-can you wait outside? I just, I feel like I’ll be more nervous if I start freaking out in front of you,” she mewed awkwardly, staring down at her paws. “I’ll come tell you when I know immediately, I promise. Just wait out here, please?” Her tone was anxious and shaky as she casted a small smile toward her black and ginger friend. Taking a deep breath, the she-cat disappeared inside the medicine den.

Missa
    Participant

Auroraskies
    Skyclan Warrior

Auroraskies watched her friend’s facial expression, and saw how scared she was. It was indeed a big step in a she-cat’s life, having kits. All that she knew was that Littledove needed all the support she needed, the gray tabby didn’t have a mother or sister to help her. The black and golden molly was silent for a moment, she could sense the scent of fear coming off the molly and she cleared her throat to get Littledove’s attention “Lils, I promise that you won’t be alone.. Okay?” She began and it took her a moment, as she felt a rush of emotion come through her when she thought about her little daughter that got lost one day in the middle of a snow storm. It was something pained her to this day and she didn’t talk about as much to anyone, only Firestar knew. Looking over at the gray tabby, she nodded “I’ll help you with the kittens if he doesn’t wanna be involved, don’t focus on others opinions about it.” She whispered softly to her friend. It was going to be a journey for Littledove if Speckledmoss does confirm Aurora’s thoughts, Littledove just needed to see if it was true and how long she was. But one thing was for sure, Aurora wasn’t going to leave Littledove alone if she was pregnant.

Once they made it in front of Speckledmoss’ den, Aurora nodded and sat down and settled into her spot “I’ll be here if you need me.” She smiled softly at her friend, but deep inside was nervous for Littledove. What was going to happen if Littledove was pregnant? How was Tigersnap going to react? All that she knew that Littledove was going to figure out if her life was going to change forever, and Aurora was gonna support her friend. Taking a deep breath, Aurora wanted to get up and start pacing around.. But she wasn’t going to do it cause it would catch some cats’ attention. The black and golden molly instead just sat there, for what felt like forever. It felt like time was slowed down, and she was feeling inpatient for a bit as she heard Littledove and Speckledmoss speaking in hushed voices. It wasn’t until she spotted the gray tabby making her way outside the den, and Aurora’s eyebrows arched for a moment “Well?” she asked quietly as she sat there in silence awaiting the answer to that very big question.

snow
    Participant

l i t t l e d o v e
    skyclan warrior/queen

She felt reassured by Auroraskies’ promises, trusting the ginger and black molly whole heartedly. She felt grateful to have met such a beautiful soul, and even felt lucky to be such great friends with her. Her trip to the medicine den was greeted with the curious meow of Speckledmoss, the hardworking medicine cat. She’d poked and prodded Littledove’s belly, asked her symptoms, and even had her do a few exercises to gauge her activity level. After brief contemplation, she’d confirmed the warrior’s thoughts, even giving her an estimate of how far along she was.

The surprise was evident on her face as she exited the medicine den, coming face-to-face with Auroraskies. She immediately slipped past her and led the she-cat behind the warrior’s den, away from any prying ears. The silver tabby sat on her haunches, blue gaze raising from her paws to look at the molly in front of her. She didn’t speak, just merely nodded, clearly surprised. It was odd, having a feeling and knowing the answer deep down, yet hearing it out loud puts things into perspective. “I-I’m about a moon in, she thinks,” she mewed quietly, unsure if she should be excited or petrified. She’d toyed with the idea of having kits and taking a mate, yet not in the order she’d just done things. Littledove had hoped to settle down and enjoy being a young warrior, yet a small seed of excitement planted itself in her brain as she thought of two or three little carbon copies of her and Tigersnap, jumping and playing at their paws.

She blinked and refocused her attention on Auroraskies, sighing softly. “I-I didn’t think it’d be this exhausting,” she confided awkwardly, suddenly feeling like she’d swollen like a whale. “I noticed I’d gained a bit of weight, but this last quarter moon I feel like I’ve doubled in size,” she groaned, ears flattening. Littledove was certainly larger than the average queen. Either she was closer to her due date than they thought, or she would probably have a rather large litter. I don’t know which one is scarier, she thought suddenly, swishing her tail to and fro as she waited for her friends input.

Missa
    Participant

Auroraskies
    Skyclan Warrior

Aurora was silent for a moment as she was processing the news that Littledove was pregnant. The molly went towards her friend and rested her chin on the gray tabby’s shoulder as a way to embrace her, she certainly needed it right now. The black and golden molly had hesitated on congratulating the new mother at first, she wasn’t sure how Littledove would take it. The other molly had an unreadable expression at the moment as she was lost in thought. It was indeed a life changing event, becoming a mother. But Littledove was probably trying to figure out how to tell Tigersnap that he was a father since they weren’t mates. The black and golden molly went to move to her friend’s side and sat next to Littledove, nodding as she was listening to her. If it was something good that Aurora was at since kithood, it was being a good listener “It’s quite an amazing thing , seeing how our bodies work with pregnancy. Just remember not to overdo it and don’t be afraid to ask for help or advice.” She said softly, of course giving motherly advice to the gray tabby with a soft smile on her face.

“Come on.” Aurora said getting up, and stood by her friend’s side incase Littledove wanted to lean on her if anything. The black and golden molly gestured to the nursery, silently telling her that they should go there. But looking at the hesitation on the gray tabby’s face, the black and golden Maine Coon quickly went towards the fresh-kill pile and picked up a piece a sparrow and grinned through it “I usually go see Frostburn’s kits, they’ve been pretty down recently after she left.” Aurora said through the sparrow, hinting to Littledove that they had a proper excuse to visit the nursery now. It as a special occasion for the new mother, and Aurora was going to help Littledove with anything she needed from decorating the nest with feathers to running out into the forest and gather moss so the newest Skyclan queen could properly make her nest.

“Let’s go see the kits, they’ll be excited for visitors.” She said while flicking her tail for the other molly to follow. Aurora didn’t stay too close to the gray tabby as they padded towards the entrance of the nursery, not wanting to gain unwanted attention from the other cats in the clearing if they witnessed Aurora guiding a pregnant Littledove . If they started asking questions, both she-cats could say that they were just paying a visit to Rosecloud’s kits along with Frosburn’s. Their clanmates always saw Aurora visiting the nursery to see Frostburn as the two got along famously, as both of them weren’t born in the clans and could relate to adjusting to clan life.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Territory Birch Forest A Friend’s Perspective (Little/Aurora)