A Different Peaceful Day (Vine&Storm)

Forums RiverClam RiverClan Territory Willow Grove A Different Peaceful Day (Vine&Storm)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Wolfstar
    Participant

It was a moon after Vinetalon had received her warrior name, and it felt amazing to be a part of the Clan completely. Every day, she itched to be out in the territories wehre she felt more at home than the clearing they lived in.  The ground was springy underpaw, and it helped the gray-toned she-cat to move faster, her muscles loosening. The sound of the river’s swishing current was getting softer and softer the farther she ventured into the Willow Grove. The water slowed to a bubbling stream, swerving around the willow trees that stood majestically on both sides of the banks. Their long branches draped over their ancient trunks, forming a curtain of yellow-green leaves. A soft breeze whistled its way through the branches, forcing them to sway along with it until they settled back to stillness. Vinetalon closed her eyes and breathed in the scents of the nature around her. 

The aroma was subtle. The water, moss, and reed plants gave off a fresh scent, mingling with the lavender bushes sporadically spotting around her. The Willow Grove was not a place for prey. Despite the curtained leaves the willow trees provided, they were easily maneuvered by the wind, revealing what hid behind them. It was rare Vinetalon padded into the territories without the intent of hunting, fishing, or practicing battle moves, but she decided to take the day off and think over what kind of warrior she truly wanted to be. 

A strong one. A loyal one. An alert one. The she-cat hoped StarClan had big plans for her, not wanting to be just another warrior. What was the point of fighting for something, but no one remembered your name after you were gone? Vinetalon opened her eyes and padded towards the closest willow tree, pushing her way through the branches and sitting beside the large trunk. The brown bark was dark against her gray-toned coat. Her whole pelt was a lighter shade of gray that resembled the pebbles in the river. However, streaks and splotches of darker grays coated her back, tail, and head, but her ears and paws were white as if dipped in snow. Her green eyes were the same color as the willow leaves that surrounded her. She was a beautiful cat, until one looked at the long scar that raked across her face. Thankfully, it was fully healed and wasn’t as gory-looking as it was before when it was fresh. 

Feared
    Participant

Stormstride ~ RiverClan Warrior

Pupils narrowed in the murk of the water, rushing water cried softly in his ears as he gently waded in the shallow pools of the river, more of a creek. However, he enjoyed the coolness of the mountain water as it leaked through his thick dark grey-brown and white pelt. The days were growing warmer and warmer, causing him over heat. Although the river was always a lovely escape, even if the water was still a bit too cold for an evening dip, he laid himself flat against the creek bottom as the cold water rushed over his form. Stormstride was holding his breath for as long as he possibly could, ears pressed back against his large cranium. Toes pressed down into smooth pebbles that covered the bottom of the creek, smirking slightly as he could feel the familiar sting of his lungs craving a fresh breath of air. Grunting slightly, he pushed himself upright to where his head broke the surface of the water, a small puff of air being released from his dark pink nostrils as drops of water were pushed out of his nose before he breathed in deeply. His lungs rejoicing with the sweet taste of oxygen before he blinked the water out his gaze before turning his chin to look around to gaze around his surroundings, ears suddenly perking upright as he spotted a familiar mottled grey pelt. 

Grinning faintly for a moment as he shifted slightly to where he lazily scooted himself over the bottom of the creek, his belly fur brushing against the pebbles as he edged closer to the bank. “I was wondering when you were gonna come see me.” Stormstride teased, clicking his tongue against the roof of his mouth as he gazed towards the beautiful feline. “Wasn’t sure if you still had a use for me or not, Vinetalon.” He grinned, while also giving her a playful wink before he rested his chin on top of the bank while his muddled yellow and green colored gaze eyed her curiously. He had always thought Vinetalon was rather beautiful, and the best part was that she didn’t even realize just how beautiful she was, the number of tomcats that were pining after her. She didn’t even realize the feelings he held for her, although he chose to keep his feelings silent. His fur was completely soaked and flattened against his body, expressing how muscular he really was, without the usual fluff of his thick pelt. 

Wolfstar
    Participant

Vinetalon’s eyes remained close as she focused on the sounds around her, feeling calm and content. However, the sound of swishing water forced her to snap her eyes open and be alert, her ears pricked up to try to catch the sound once more. Instead, a familiar, deep voice boomed from below her. Stormstride. The she-cat turned her head to the direction of the tom who was still in the cold water, his chin propped up on the bank of the river. She felt his yellow eyes on her and the teasing tone of his voice made her smirk in his direction, but she continued to keep her eyes ahead of her. “Now that I’m a warrior, maybe can teach you a few things, Stormstride.” Her chin lifted up amusingly, her tail tip twitching. It had been hard to find time with the older tom now that she was a warrior and had more responsibilities. But she had to admit, she did miss training with him. 

Eventually, Vinetalon stood up and her white paws carried her to the shore where his head was, keeping a safe distance from him. She enjoyed getting in the river, but she had spent quite a bit of time grooming her fur this morning with the intention of keeping it dry. She gave the tom a smile and dipped her head in a nicer greeting. Because the current was so slow here, his gray, brown, and white fur clung to his body instead of swirling around. She knew he was muscular because they had several training sessions, and his strength was hard to beat. Maybe they should continue their sessions again soon so she could continue to strengthen herself. The gray she-cat looked at his face, sitting down on her haunches at the edge of the bank. “What do you think of my name? I think it’s pretty fitting. Not as pretty as Burntsage, but I don’t really care to be pretty. Obviously.” Her eyes went cross-eyed to put more emphasis on the scar on her face.

Several she-cats, including her sister and mother, had looked at her with sympathy over the ugly scar staying vivid and obvious. But she remembered the words Stormstride had whispered to her, and the way he touched her face to show he wasn’t frightened of it. Ever since then, she had chosen not to let it affect her and wore it with pride and dignity. At least, she tried. Vinetalon had to admit that there were times she wished it would go away. She wasn’t a fan of scaring the little kits, and definitely didn’t appreciate the sympathetic words from others. The newly-made warrior blinked at Stormstride as he waited for his answer, hoping he approved of her name as much as she did. The strong warrior was never her mentor, but she liked to think of him as one of her mentors, truly enjoying any time she spent with him. 

Feared
    Participant

He snorted lightly when Vinetalon mentioned that perhaps he could learn something from her, but he kept his mouth shut as he watched as the young feline pushed herself up from the ground as she began to walk towards him. “Hmmm. Perhaps that wouldn’t be such a bad idea.” Stormstride snickered, he was used to teasing her, although where at first she had been so easy to tease and her reactions had been amusing but she was slowly becoming immune to his teases. Which was also amusing, she couldn’t tell when he was being serious and when he wasn’t. His tail waved lazily behind him within the water, his chin still resting upon the bank before he slowly raised his head up to look at the beautiful feline as she sat down. Yellow and green muddled eyes flashing upright towards the molly with amusement as she sat down with so much ease. 

As she questioned him, ears leaning towards her for a moment before he found himself smiling. She had noticed me. He thought pleasantly to himself before his pale lips parted once more. “Vinetalon. I certainly do think your new name suits you, you’ve worked hard to earn it.” He purred, the sound rough and deep, perhaps it was because he was submerged in the water that it sounded odd, but he didn’t care. He stared up at her face as she seemed unsure all of a sudden, causing him to lean forward as he wiggled his eyebrows in order to lighten the mood, her facial expression clearly painted with her anxiety. “Do you think it’s fitting?” He questioned as he looked up at her, whiskers twitching. 

Wolfstar
    Participant

The sound of fluttering wings made Vinetalon’s head turn, and she watched two bluebirds fly from the tree behind them. Their chirping sang in her ears and she watched their flying pattern with her curious green gaze until they were out of sight. How wonderful it would be to travel somewhere new. The new warrior looked back at Stormstride, unable to help but smile at his goofy face staring up at her. “Yes, I believe it’s fitting. Now when someone says my name cats will quake with fear and run the other way.” Her eyes flashed amusingly and she turned away from the bank, lashing her tail so it flicked the tip of his nose. “Well come on out of there unless you want to grow some fins. I didn’t plan on doing anything but think today, but since you’re here we could do some training. What do you think?” Back at the tree she was before, she turned back to look at the tom and sat down on her haunches, wrapping her delicate tail around her paws. Vinetalon could seem so innocent and sweet, but she was very skilled in her combat fighting. Even Burntsage couldn’t top her. Training with Stormstride only made her stronger.

However, there was another feeling that fluttered in her belly at the sight of the large tom now padding towards her, his yellow stare as if boring into her soul. She pushed those flutters away, burying them in the same place she buried the embarrassment of her scar. “How about you teach me something new? So I can be challenged for once.” Vinetalon raised one of her eyebrows at the tom, and looked over his body which was still dripping wet with water. “Or…we could wait a little bit.” She should have thought about that before inviting him to do combatives. She bit her lip to think for a moment, wondering what to say to him now. “Tell me about yourself. I don’t think we’ve really ever talked a lot. Usually we just train and then go back to camp. I think it’s fair to know who I’m hanging out with, don’t you?

Feared
    Participant

He was amused that she mentioned that others would shake in fear from her name, although they both knew that perhaps a small pawful of cats would quake in fear. “That molly, Darkberry certainly will.” He meowed I’m commentary to her sentence, although his nose wiggled and his eyes blinked quickly upon reflex to her tail flicking against his nose. “Hmp.” He grumbled in response, although his bright yellow gaze watched the molly stalk away, her hips swaying to the rhythm of her tail. As she had gotten older and more graceful, she certainly had caught this toms eye but he chewed on the inside of his cheek to distract himself as he slowly pulled his gaze away from her. “I think it would be interesting to grow fins.” He grinned to himself, finding her statement to be rather amusing as he used a large paw to play with the current going on around him, tongue slipping from his lips as he licked at the wet fur on his chest for a brief moment before his eyes flickered back towards Vinetalon. The mottled grey she-cat was waiting and her green eyes were slicing through him like her very claws as she silently demanded that they train once more. “Oh, alright. I suppose.” He finally gave in, whiskers twitching slightly as he gave a mighty push upright, standing up as the water instantly began to pour off of his dark grey and white pelt.

His pelt instantly felt heavier because of the water but it felt good against the heat of the day, pupils narrowing slightly as he gazed upon the molly. His fur was absolutely plastered against his skin, usually his fur was fluffy and hardly expressed his muscle tone, but with his fur wet it was clear that he was well muscled. Some would think of him as lazy, but really he was a strong and healthy opponent to any. Walking towards Vinetalon, he noticed that she seemed to be thinking with a quickness that he envied, arching an eyebrow slightly as she suggested about learning something new. “I’m a creature of habit, Pearl. I don’t have time to think of something new.” He grinned, but the gears within his mind were already beginning to churn. Although he blinked in surprise when Vinetalon mentioned that she wanted to get to know him, causing a half grin of surprise to find its way along his face before he too lowered himself into a sitting position. “I see your point. Okay then, what do you want to know about me?” He asked, chin tilting.

Wolfstar
    Participant

Vinetalon scoffed at the mention of Darkberry, remembering her first battle and coming out of it with a scar in the middle of her face. She was happy the ThunderClan warrior had also finished with injuries to her shoulder and back, and she knew the she-cat had been in the medicine den almost as long as Vinetalon had. If their Clans ever had to go to battle again, she would instantly seek out the dark-furred warrior and show her the beautiful scar that she bore with pride. At the sound of Stormstride padding towards her, she pushed thoughts of Darkberry from her mind, and watched him. His large paws stepped delicately on the grassy floor, his fur sticking close to his skin. His muscles rippled as he strode froward, showing off the amount of work he had done to be able to have a muscular frame. For a moment, she wondered why he didn’t have a she-cat walking with him, their tails twining together, their pelts touching, their heads lowered together with secret, loving whispers between them…

What?” Vinetalon blinked and snapped out of it, yet again pushing the feelings down to a place where she hoped they would stay. What was wrong with her? She almost shook her head to clear her thoughts, but didn’t want to seem like she had been distracted for too long. He asked you what you want to know about him, fishbrain. Oh, yes. Well, first off I don’t even know who your mentor was. Or…even who your family is. You don’t talk much about yourself, do you?” Vinetalon stood up, her tail flicking towards her in a welcoming manner for him to follow her. She needed to walk off whatever had been on her mind moments ago. Sitting still was not an option for her. Vinetalon didn’t understand what those feelings were, and she didn’t want to search for the meaning. The only thoughts she would allow were those of how to become a better warrior, and how to better care for her beloved Clan. 

Feared
    Participant

Stormstride noticed that Vinetalon’s gaze seemed off, clearly she was thinking about something and not paying any attention to him whatsoever. He frowned faintly as he noticed that once he had leaned forwards to gaze upon her beautiful face that she seemed to snap out of it, her shake to ground herself to the conversation caused his whiskers to twitch with amusement. Lips parted for a moment when she questioned him, ears lowering slightly as he felt a bit awkward with having to repeat himself but Vinetalon quickly recovered and began to speak once more with more gusto. She clearly knew what she wanted to know about him, which surprised him honestly.  Mentor… huh. He thought to himself, pondering for a moment before he gave her a shrug and a goofy grin. “Carpstrike was my mentor. He was a… interesting character. He was getting up there in years when I was his apprentice, but he was a tough old Tom. We trained endless every day until I could move fluidly and my bulky frame wasn’t an issue but my secret weapon.” He finally meowed, his gaze thoughtful for a moment before he noticed that Vinetalon was already on her feet. Her facial expression seemed thoughtful but he had a strange feeling that it wasn’t upon his words. Curious, he quickly hurried after the she-cat, walking beside of her. “Cats usually aren’t interested to hear much about me.” He responses and bumped her shoulder blade, getting her fur wet as he grinned before meowing.

“My family is a bit of a touché subject, I’m not the biggest fan of them. Blankstone is my mother but I really don’t care for her, she is a cold and emotionless molly. There’s no pleasing her, whatsoever. My father died in battle, although I don’t really know his name, then again my mother rarely spoke of him. My brother is Snowbound.” He spoke with a monotone, as if he were spitting out mere facts and not facts about himself! Clearly he was detached when speaking about his family. Except for Snowbound. “Everyone knows about my brother Snowbound, though.” He shrugged, Snowbound was the only white furred tomcat they had that was completely deaf, even if he was a warrior, he was more of a hunter than anything. “See? Nothing interesting.” Stormstride grunted, before he glanced at Vinetalon and swerved to gently bump shoulders with her again, but really it was an excuse to touch her. “What about you? Tell me about your parents.” He meowed, he knew a lot about Burntsage, that molly was everywhere Vinetalon was.

Wolfstar
    Participant

Vinetalon was pleased when Stormstride walked with her without question, clearly not disappointed to do something other than train together. She kept her gaze forward as he spoke, smiling when he mentioned his former mentor. She had never met Carpstrike so she assumed he was dead by now. How old is Stormstride? she thought to herself. Even when she and Burntsage were kits, he was still a warrior and not entirely a new one at that. Vinetalon glanced at his muzzle to see if he had any graying hairs underneath his chin like her father did, but it was as white and brown as the rest of his coat. A part of her was pleased he wasn’t too old. When he bumped his shoulder against hers, she couldn’t help but let out a soft chuckle and shrugged her shoulders. “I just knew there was more to you than you secret weapon,” she mused. “So why not get to know you? Anyways, you seem to be my only friend at the moment. I didn’t really get close to any of the cats I was apprentices with and Burntsage…” Vinetalon hesitated. “Well, things are a little tense.” She knew she had been spending more time alone and with Stormstride that she hadn’t been able to be with her own sister too much. There was a strain in their relationship, but she had faith it would lessen once Vinetalon had the courage to be the first one to break that silence. 

As Stormstride spoke of his parents, Vinetalon found herself leaning closer and closer to him on their walk. Their pelts mingled together ever so softly and she hadn’t noticed it until her heart almost stopped beating. Her ears twitched with embarrassment and she very slightly moved away from him in a way that seemed casual. “Yes, I know Snowbound. He always brings in the best looking fish. I’m sorry to hear about your relationship with your parents, though.” If it were anyone else, Vinetalon would have given them a sympathetic look and placed her tail on their spine. But this was Stormstride, one of the strongest warriors she knew, and she had a feeling he would just get frazzled if she tried to sympathize. “Well, my parents are Graynight and Leafdrop. They’re still alive, obviously, but they were always kind. Graynight is goofy and always has a joke.” Vinetalon couldn’t help but smile at the thought of her father, who she was very close to. “I have always been hard on myself, wanting to be the best at everything. But he has a good way of bringing me back down and just enjoy the moment. I’m not as close to Leafdrop, but it’s not because she’s a bad mother. She was sweet and loving, but…” Weak. She didn’t say that out loud. Their mother was a good queen, but not a good warrior. “Anyways, that’s that.

Feared
    Participant

While he was certainly older than Vinetalon, he wasn’t old enough to warrant grey fur along his muzzle or eyes. He wasn’t aware that any of that mattered to Vinetalon, but his ears stood upright as he listened to her speak, causing his yellow and green muddled eyes to roll. “Yeah, sure.” He snorted slightly, even though her words certainly spiked his heart as he walked beside her, his eyes slowly roaming over the tall grass. This was so unlike Vinetalon, after all the moons since they had started training, she had never just wanted to be around him. “Alright… alright. I’m game.” He said with a thoughtful tone, but her mentioned about the relationship with her sister was a little tense, causing him to click the roof of his mouth with tongue. Interesting. He thought silently, flicking his left ear. Stormstride decided not to comment on the relationship with her sister, it really wasn’t his place and he knew more than anyone about having a strained relationship with siblings.

Stormstride certainly took notice that Vinetalon was leaning closer and closer to him, although he kept that to himself as he feared the acknowledging their fur mingling would caused her to freak out. It felt nice. However, she seemed to catch herself and moved away from him ever so slightly, enough to where their fur was no longer touching. He grunted in disappointment but kept the emotion off his face, before his eyes flickered towards Vinetalon’s face. Broad shoulders lifted in a shrug, his facial expression casual. “Eh, it’s no big deal. I didn’t exactly need them to make it to being a warrior.” He reassured her with a wink, looking away from her as he stepped over a long rock. Listening silently, he took note of her parents names. He was familiar with Graynight, the older Tom was certainly a hoot, while a great warrior he always managed to keep the air light and tensions low amongst other warriors. Leafdrop wasn’t as memorable, his brain churning as he tried to get a mental image of the she-cat but nothing was coming to mind. “Sounds like you have a great family.” He commented.

Stormstride didn’t bother glancing at Vinetalon, clearly there was something she didn’t like about her mother but he wasn’t going to pry. Clearing his throat for a moment, he finally glanced at her to see that her expression had hardened just a bit. Grunting he bumped his shoulder blade against her own, but stayed close to her for a moment longer and brushed his shoulder along hers before he walked faster. “Why don’t you tell me what your favorite fish is? That’ll determine if we can be friends or not.” He smirked and gave her a cheeky smile.

Wolfstar
    Participant

Was he disappointed I moved away? There was no mistaking his grunt of disappointment. However, maybe she imagined that it was because their pelts no longer touched. Something inside of her brightened at his disappointment, but again, she shoved it away. This was Stormstride. Her friend, trainer, and fellow Clanmate. Vinetalon noticed the way he looked at her, and she could tell it was because her face had a serious expression. She was not the best at hiding her feelings when surrounded by cats she was comfortable with. Lying was not part of who she was, and hiding her feelings felt like a lie. When he commented how her family seemed great, she wondered if he truly meant that. When he spoke of his own family, his face was straight and tone monotonous, clearly indicating he didn’t have great relationships with them. Did he wish it were different, or was that all he knew? Suddenly, Stormstride’s shoulder bumped into her own and she took an ungraceful stumbling step to the side. With a laugh, she pushed herself forward to bump back into him. The touch was warm and comforting to her, and she enjoyed the amusement that came with it. “Fishbrain,” she murmured. 

At his last question, she couldn’t help but chuckle. “My favorite fish? Well, what if I told you I don’t like fish at all? The flavor of the water disgusts me.” Quickly, she lifted up one of her paws and swiped it underneath one of his to make him stumble before she trotted forward, swerving around the willow tree ahead of them. The tree’s long branches swayed with the wind, and the green-yellow leaves brushed against her spine as she stepped through them. “Maybe I was meant to be a WindClan cat. Scrawny, tasteless rabbit sounds amazing. Would you still talk to me if I chose to live on the boring moors?” One of her eyebrows raised as she questioned him, lowering herself down into a laying position underneath the tree. The grass was cool now that the sun was lowering into the horizon. Her gray fur started to darken with the sky, matching the color of the water at night. 

Feared
    Participant

A smirk found its way onto his lips as he felt her shoulder blade bump into his side, yellow eyes flickering towards her face as he could see her serious expression had fallen to carry on that free smile. Beautiful. He thought softly to himself, grinning for a moment as he wiggled his hips to be silly. “I will be sprouting fins anyways, I suppose fish brain is appropriate.” Stormstride snickered, keeping the air light as he grinned and looked back towards Vinetalon as she took the bait, easily forgetting about their previous conversation. He almost stopped walking all together when she meowed proudly that perhaps she didn’t like fish at all, lips parting in shock as he took a chance to try and look at Vinetalon, but her paw had already hooked onto his. Stumbling in a rather ungrateful manner, he grunted as he struggled to catch his footing but he managed without falling on his face. Laughter barked from his lips, free and loud. Pure. He had kept himself from landing on his face and that’s all that mattered. “Saved myself.” He meowed proudly with a grin, his fur ruffled from the scare.

Now was the time to get serious as he looked at Vinetalon. “I seriously hope you are joking. Because I love fish.” He grinned in her direction, although now that he was getting a better look at her the air within his throat seemed to clog his air ways. The green and yellow leaves from the willow branches were swaying carelessly over her mottled grey pelt and it didn’t help that she was an already overly beautiful she-cat. As she questioned him, he had to blink twice in order to free himself from the spell she had casted upon him, a hesitant smile finding its way onto his lips. “Hmmm. Tasteless rabbit sounds… dreary. But to see you chase one would be rather amusing.” He instantly grinned, trying to keep the jokes up in order to hide what he really wanted to tell her. I’d follow you anywhere. Stormstride refused to say that so plangently, his tongue ran along the inside of his teeth as she laid down, looking ever so elegant in the light of the setting sun. She was driving him crazy without even knowing, his cheeks burned as he looked down at her, forcing himself to clear his throat and lower himself into a laying position. His fur was slowly drying, the fur fluffing out once more but his muscles were still well defined, flexing with his movements. “Wouldn’t miss it for the world.” He replies in reference to seeing her run after a rabbit, but in reality he meant something entirely different.

Wolfstar
    Participant

Vinetalon’s ears perked at the sound of Stormstride’s laughter singing in her ears. It was a sound she hadn’t heard before, and it was as beautiful to her as a musical chirp of a bird. Despite the happy feeling she felt deep within her bones, she put on a serious face and lifted her chin up towards the sky. “I hate fish and always have. I hope you can accept my fault and continue to stay my friend. You’re the only one I have so that means you’re pretty important.” Her green eyes gleamed and she held the serious face until he lay down beside her. His pelt was now drying to the point where she could see its natural color. The browns, whites, and grays blurred together like murky water, but handsome. It fit his personality. When he joked about watching her catch a rabbit, she scoffed with a smirk on her face. “If for some reason I wanted to become a WindClan cat, I bet you I would be able to catch a rabbit long before you. You’re as muscular as a tree stump which means you’ll only slow me down.

Now that the sun was almost gone, a few stars began to illuminate the sky, making the freshly-healed scar on her face shine against her darker fur. There was  a subtle wind that brushed through the willow trees in the grove, swaying the branches towards the east. The first cricket of the night chirped in a nearby bush, and birds settled in their nests to sing their goodnight songs. She smiled at Stormstride, about to say another joke, but something about the tom seemed strained. She knew he was happy and content to be speaking with her, but she also noticed the way he would tighten his muscles or blink a few times after a stare, and it made her curious. What was going on in his mind? “Is there something wrong, Stormstride? I can tell you have something that’s bothering you behind that smile of yours. If there’s some other place you need to be…” Her chest tightened to the point where she couldn’t even finish that sentence. Vinetalon didn’t want him to leave. She had left the camp earlier that day wanting some peace and quiet, but the moment she saw Stormstride was when she realized she no longer wanted to be alone. His company meant a lot to her. So much so that she hadn’t even told Burntsage about it, which was saying something. The mottled feline tilted her head, and waited for his answer.

Feared
    Participant

Mouth hung open in shock when Vinetalon explained that she hated fish and always had. Oh, great Starclan. He silently whined, imagining himself hunting a rabbit in order to please her. This thought caused a chuckle to slip from his lips as the imaginary hunt did not go well at all. But as she continued to speak, he found himself listening intently to what she had to say. He was important? But he was also her friend. Friend. That word was so restricting and almost had the tomcat snorting with annoyance but instead he cleared his throat. “Well considering that you would probably hurt me if I didn’t accept… I accept you as a non-fish eating friend.” He spoke as though he was hurt by the notion of accepting a friend who hated fish, but in reality it didn’t really matter. Yes, fish was amazing but he knew plenty of warriors within the clan who hated fish as well. Strange felines. Another laugh escaped his lips at her remark to his bulky figure, causing him to snicker and use his broad paw to lightly cuff her shoulder. “That’s not even a bet. It’s a statement. Could you imagine me chasing a rabbit? That rabbit would be chasing me.” He retorted with amusement, grinning.

Keeping such a playful and friendly tone was exhausting, Vinetalon clearly didn’t appear interested in him, she had ignore every advance and played it to her advantage. He didn’t actually know that he was staring at her, all he knew was that the sun was almost completely gone from the sky and that the pinks and oranges were turning into sapphire blues and rich blacks with small stars decorating the sky. Her scar that ran along her face was a highlight in her features, made her different and he honestly loved it. Until Vinetalon has spoken, his eyes had grown soft as he watched her eye the birds getting in their nests all cozied up. Blinking once more to register what she was saying, ears immediately laid back against his head without permission while his heart beat quickened with sudden anxiety. “No, no. I have no where I’d rather be.” He meowed with a small smile, shifting slightly to where he was now laying beside her, their fur mingling as he used his muzzle to point up towards the sky.

Stormstride needed to get her away from his awkwardness to her beauty and his feelings, his yellow eyes watching the sky as the star became more and more so visible. “Carpstrike told me one time that during a late night battle, he saw a quick strike in the sky. Ever since then he had never seen one again… sometimes I stare at the sky trying to see a strike against the sky.” He meowed softly and gently, his gaze dreamy as he searched the darkening sky for a shooting star, his smile tender before he looked towards Vinetalon. “One day I will see that streak in the sky, and if I don’t then I want you to.” He promised her.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums RiverClam RiverClan Territory Willow Grove A Different Peaceful Day (Vine&Storm)