Skip to toolbar

Your Clan-Terms are Weird (Speckled/Junco)

Forums ShadowClan ShadowClan Territory Your Clan-Terms are Weird (Speckled/Junco)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Missa
    Participant

Speckledstorm

Two figures were going through the Shadowclan territory, it was starting to get warm outside finally. It had been an overwhelming moon so far, with the events of the Gathering still in her head along with the her being assigned Jasminepaw, her little bratty apprentice.. Life was still okay for the most part, she enjoyed having Juncoberry in her life, he helped her a lot with adjusting to clan life and treating her normally. She was viewing the tom next to her as the closest thing she had to a brother (A normal one) and no matter how grumpy she was towards him, he amused her.

Speckledstorm and Juncoberry were walking through the territory until they heard a screech from a car nearby, and soon heard some yelling along with the scent of food. Speckledstorm was much more used to the noise of the cars so she didn’t even flinch but she turned to see her friend looking with wide eyes and she let out a sigh “Don’t worry, my little berry, the car isn’t going to hurt you. The human probably got spooked on something on the road.” She said as she raised her head slightly and began sniffing the scent, trying to figure out what food the humans had until it came to her “It smells like they also have some burgers, not sure if it’s Burger King or McDonald’s” She said as she closed her eyes for a moment, how she missed hamburgers.. They were so good, her littermate was more of a fan of the chicken nuggets.

Juncoberry
    Participant

Juncoberry
    shadowclan deputy

Seemingly without a care in the world, Juncoberry walked beside Speckledstorm, for once enjoying silence between them. His amber eyes trailed over their surroundings, and his ears flicked at the sound of birds overhead. He was so distracted by the sights he failed to notice as the forest grew quiet and a rumbling grew nearer. Before he realized what was happening, a monster whirled past, startling the tom and causing him to jump back, fur bristling and eyes wide. His tail was raised, puffed up to double its normal size, and his heart was pounding behind his ears. The acrid stench of the beast lingered far too long, and he turned his gaze on his companion as she began to speak. He grew increasingly confused by the words she spoke, as evidenced by the dumb look that spread across his face. His brows slowly fell, furrowing, as his fur settled and his tail lowered behind him. 

“Okay,” he hummed slowly, voice dripping with caution. He wondered if perhaps Speckledstorm had gone crazy, making up words as she went. “You’re making no sense,” he accused, “Car? ‘Human’ I understand, but burgers? I’m not even gonna try saying those other words. Are you okay? Maybe hit your head, and need to see Hareflight?” 

Missa
    Participant

Speckledstorm

The golden-black and white molly released a small huff as she listened to Juncoberry. Her dark green eyes were narrowed for a moment and took a deep breath as she remembered that many cats had different terms on things, so she had to be patient with her friend. So the large molly sat down and she shook her head at him

“No, I haven’t hit my head too hard yet to be crazy.” Speckledstorm muttered as looked at him with squinted eyes before looking towards where the direction of the car was heard and she pointed at it with her tail “The um.. The thing that the human goes in and travels in is called a car, I think the clan calls it a monster.. Which is quite a weird thing to call it, cause monsters and cars are quite different where I come from.” Speckledstorm explained to him, making sure to be patient incase he just blurted out something else and she then spoke again

“Burgers are what the humans eat, it’s very popular among them. The two words I mentioned that are quite hard to pronounce is where they go get their burgers. Sometimes they drop their burgers and my sister and I would take it and run.. It’s pretty good, beats the lizards and frogs by a lot.” Speckledstorm said with a shrug and looked at him and sighed, her long tail flicking before wrapping it neatly around her paws and looked at him

“Your terms are quite weird too, if I’m being honest.” Speckledstorm said as she looked around the forest for a bit before looking at her friend with a frown on her face “You seem to call the place where the humans live.. Twoleg nest, we usually just call it houses. It took me a while to understand it, I thought the others were meaning that a two-legged cat had to have it’s own nest.” She admitted at that, remembering how embarrassed she felt that day and how the other cats quickly ran off as she was giving them a death glare. It was a good thing to have a face that cats assumed you weren’t easily approachable, it was secretly a blessing in disguise for her.

“Ok, since I’m in a very nice mood today.. I’ll let you ask me anything about my terms, whenever it’s whatever the humans eat or places they like to travel to and I’ll explain it the best I could.” Speckledstorm said, she wasn’t very patient with other cats but with Juncoberry, they became friends fast (Even if Speckledstorm didn’t admit it right away they were friends to keep her grumpy act up, but Juncoberry was actually her closest friend in the clans besides Mellowfrost) So she was going to let Juncoberry ask any questions about terms, she knew he would probably get a kick at some of the most unusual words so she was ready to explain what they meant as well.

Juncoberry
    Participant

Juncoberry
    shadowclan deputy

The dumb look on Juncoberry’s face melted into one of amusement, his lips curling up in a smirk. “But they are monsters,” he reasoned. “What do you think is a monster?” His nose then suddenly wrinkled at Speckledstorm’s explanation on what burgers were. He shuddered at the idea of eating twoleg food, imagining the worst. The only foods he’d seen from them were discarded tidbits and they always smelled burnt and dry. He couldn’t imagine enjoying something they ate. We’re weird?” he purred, a giggle bubbling at his lips. He settled onto his haunches, however, as his companion did the same. He was willing to listen, if for no other reason than to get a good laugh. 

The tom’s head cocked to the right as Speckledstorm explained her confusion for their name for twoleg nests, and his brows furrowed. He supposed it could be confusing if some-cat had never heard the word ‘twoleg’ before, but he couldn’t quite understand how the connection couldn’t be made once that was clear. He was quick to jump at the opportunity to ask his friend about her words for other things, though, and his eyes brightened as he wracked his brain for anything that might be interesting. “Do they know about the Clans?” he asked, “The twolegs. Did they ever have any words for us?”

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums ShadowClan ShadowClan Territory Your Clan-Terms are Weird (Speckled/Junco)