Why Hello There (Shade and Fire)

Forums ShadowClan ShadowClan Camp Why Hello There (Shade and Fire)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Feared
    Participant

Firepaw ~ ShadowClan Apprentice

Apple green colored optics were curiously watching a specific feline as she sat off to the side of the camp. Firepaw was known for being curious but perhaps there were times where she was too curious, for her eyes kept flickering towards Shadepaw. The dark mahogany brown marbles tabby pelt was alluring and the bright amber eyes of the she-cat seemed to capture Firepaw’s attention. Crimsonpaw has already warned her not to approach the new comer but by the best she could tell, Crimsonpaw was no where around. Taking pre-caution, the young she-cat looked around the camp her eyes seeking out the familiar deep red and black spotted pelt that marked her littermate, she couldn’t manage to spot those droopy ears anywhere. Move, Firepaw! An excites voice spoke within her mind, causing her small and delicate like paws to take action as she quickly pushed herself up for the sitting position to where she was walking briskly towards Shadepaw. Not much was known about the she-cat, one moment everything seemed normal and the next she appeared and was given a name and Hornetstar even declared that he would mentor her. What an honor! As she neared the she-cat, her pace slowed so that she didn’t alarm the newcomer. Shadepaw was about her age, give or take, and it interested her that Shadepaw had joined by herself, no family attached.

The sun was beginning to move within the sky, it was becoming early afternoon and the heat was beginning to become bothersome but the tall pines surrounding camp provided welcomed shade. Firepaw’s pelt was much lighter than her brothers and fathers, being more of a fiery orange with dark black spots marking her a bengal. Her under body was a lighter color, almost a peach colored cream and was ruffled from her tussle with Dustypaw earlier in the morning. “Hello.” Firepaw greeted Shadepaw in a tentative tone, not wanting to bother the brooding molly but all of the other apprentices were too scared to approach her. Not Firepaw though. “My name is Firepaw… your’s is Shadepaw, correct?” Firepaw questioned but she knew she had it right, she kept a small smile on her face to seem friendly but her tail swayed to and fro excitedly as she gazed at Shadepaw.

Chris
    Participant

~

The daily routine of this Clan was a dull spectacle indeed, Shadepaw remmarked mentally as she shifted her chin from one paw to the other.

A week had elapsed since her arrival and in that time she had come to the conclusion that she’d been egregiously misinformed. Joining what turned out not only to be one of five factions inhabiting the woods, but the wrong one at that. This revelation would’ve been enough to discourage her entirely under any other circumstance, but she knew she couldn’t return until she’d achieved her goal. And with transferring not an option, she had laid down her fires for the time being. All she could hope for now was to regroup and figure out what to do from here. The Clans bordered each other, so it stood to reason they had to interact sometime. She’d figure it out then.

With her free paw she rolled an acorn aimlessly across the ground, feeling its pointed end jab at her pad each time it turned. She was sinfully bored. Back home you trained if you weren’t sleeping. Why was she allowed this extra time after lessons? What was she supposed to do with it?

Suddenly her languid thoughts were interrupted. One of her denmates was addressing her.

“Yeah that’s me.” She mewed, remembering her new title. So silly. Shade paw? Not exactly intimidating. “Do you need something, Firepaw?”

Feared
    Participant

Firepaw ~ ShadowClan Apprentice

Her chin tilted when Shadepaw looked up at her with a rather bored expression, Firepaw his her boredom by at least Shadepaw looked how she felt. Ears perked up when Shadepaw agreed that she was indeed the cat she had been looking for, but Firepaw had already known that, although manners were manners. “Excellent.” She smiled brightly, keeping her facade while roaming her tongue over the roof of her mouth for a brief moment before clearing her thought as she thought about Shadepaw’s question, was there something she needed? Not quite, but she had been prepared to receive a rather stark response, causing a small shrug of her slim shoulder blade. “Not necessarily. Although I figured a tour of our dreary little camp would be more fascinating that nothing.” She offered with a twitch of her whiskers, she was unsure if Shadepaw was even allowed out of the camp, exploring the territories was definitely more exciting but until she knew more, this would have to do.

Using her slim tail, she waved the appendage  as a sign for the other apprentice to follow. “Maybe we can torment Saplingskies and Hareflight with hiding their honey supply.” She chimed, Firepaw was addicted to honey and causing her older brother any bit of annoyance always brought joy to her day. Without waiting to see if Shadepaw was following or not, the tall and slender feline was already moving towards a den that was off to the side, with shadows encasing the dark entrance. Fitting. She thought to herself as she used her pointed muzzle to point at the den. “That dreary den off to its self is Hornetstar’s den, I’m sure you know that though.” She shrugged as Shadepaw was the males apprentice, “Although I have heard that the last deputy that got in trouble went in there and never returned.” She snickered as she tried using a spooky hushed tone but failed miserably before she looked towards the warriors den, where a few warriors were still hanging about. “That is the Warriors den. I’ve been told it’s a lot bigger on the inside but honestly I think it will still be too cramped. I know the Apprentices den sure is.” She grumbled, ear giving a twitch before she walked closer to the warriors den, peeking inside.

Chris
    Participant

Sensing that to resist would be more trouble than it was worth, the dark brown tabby maine coon clambered to her paws and made to follow the cute little orange she-cat. Saying nothing, she emitted a low ‘mm’ sound of confirmation, jasper eyes glinting.

“Hiding their…what now?” She muttered, confusion and reproach in her voice. She had no idea what honey was, but surely hiding it would result in severe punishment. Was Firepaw joking? It was hard to tell. If she thinks she’s going to get me thrown out of here, she’s got another thing coming.

“Do you know what it was that got that Deputy killed?” She next asked, eyes still on the Leaders den with cold interest. Clearly having taken the tall tale at face value, she returned her gaze to Firepaw awaiting the rest of the story with impassive features.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums ShadowClan ShadowClan Camp Why Hello There (Shade and Fire)