who are you?

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Camp SkyClan Medicine Den who are you?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    turnip
    Participant

Applepaw 🍎 Skyclan

Leaf-bare, from what she could tell, is never very kind. While the chilly air has trouble piercing through her thick pelt, it drives much prey out of the territory or deep underground. Which makes every catch ever more precious. Applepaw carried her freshly caught sparrow into camp, head held high and a bounce in her gait. Though she had missed her first two targets, the ginger tabby was very proud of herself.

There was so much going on as of late, Applepaw was still trying to wrap her mind around the lot of it. There’s the quarrel with Shadowclan, most especially their yucky leader… She would rather not think about it now. Also some new faces in Skyclan! She had gathered word of a newcomer posted in the medicine cat den but they seemed to be a mystery themselves. Now this she had to see!

Applepaw passed the fresh-kill pile and made a bee line for the healing den. Her tufted ears perked, green eyes wide and round, the young apprentice peeked inside. Even from outside she could catch a strong scent of herbs, reminding her of a time as a kit when she raided the stores for flowers… Within, she noticed a cat she had never seen before. Applepaw carefully crept closer, approaching the stranger before meowing around the sparrow, “Hello.”

Chris
    Participant

SkyClan’s stranger appeared to be at rest, but in truth she was wide awake. Her chin resting on the dusty amber earth just over the lip of her carefully crafted nest. It wasn’t a bad place to be stranded, even if the absence of her memories was as keenly felt as a lost limb. She had only her basic needs to rely on, hunger, sleep, the basics. Beyond that her yearnings were vague and uncertain. What do I want? The answer eluded her mockingly, like smug prey.

Glancing up at the sounds of pawsteps, she felt her face smile- why not be friendly? It was easier than being cold. And she was in short supply of allies.

“Well hi there!” Purred the sprawling orange tabby. “That ain’t for me is it? Aren’t you a sweet lil thing.”

turnip
    Participant

Applepaw 🍎 Skyclan

She may be at risk of scolding just for wandering to the stranger. Not that Applepaw gave that any mind. As an apprentice and future warrior of the clan, she could take responsibility and handle things her own way! Besides, such a warm smile on the other cat’s face, certainly they couldn’t be dangerous.

“Yep!” the ginger tabby chirped, muffled by feathers. Taking a few steps forward, the dropped her catch at the molly’s feet. “You are our guest, so its only fair,” she added, trying to keep it cool and casual, but even a sightless mole could detect her excitement. It wasn’t every day a cat stumbles into camp and who knows the tales they have in store!

There was a spark of curiosity in her eyes. “I’m Applepaw. Who are you? Where are you from?” She cut herself off, holding back a plethora of questions that bounced around in her noggin.

Chris
    Participant

The tall orange tabby lowered her narrowed face to sniff the good tentatively. The meat smelled irresistible, her mouth instantly salivating. Well, I like fresh-kill. There’s a clue. She thought neutrally as she tucked into the food with satisfaction. The filling sensation it brought provided her frayed nerves with some much-needed calm.

Stifling a burp, she raised her crystal blue gaze to rest on the youth. “It’s a pleasure Applepaw,” She purred. “But….I’m sorry, I don’t remember who I am or where I came from. Just Firestar waking me up in this land, with this wound on my head.” Her long tail came to rest at the bandaged portion of her temple.

“I hope you aren’t too disappointed. I know everyone here is curious- myself included.” She laughed.

turnip
    Participant

Applepaw 🍎 Skyclan

She thought she was ready for what she was about to hear. Applepaw was sitting neat and tidy, training all her attention on the cat before her — which were no easy task for this ginger apprentice. She was fully prepared to hear a story of a great journey, of heroism, of peril, and ultimately what brought the stranger from the far away land to her camp. The longer the tale could be spun the better. Should the sun fall before they could reach the end, Applepaw knew there was always tomorrow.

However, she was baffled by the response she received. “W-What?” she mewed quietly, the excited buzz in her head quietening. Only the newcomer’s words bounced around, while the tabby scrambled to calculate what that could possibly mean. Just give the little one a little time, counting down the heartbeats like spots on a ladybugs back before…

“Whoa so you don’t remember anything– A single thing– Not your name, no family, friends– How you got here or what your home was like– Even what you ate before you got here, nothing– You could have eaten rocks and acorns every single day, would you even know– My stars how do you even know where to put your paws–“ One might say she exploded with questions, suddenly incapable of keeping them clammed up and letting them burst forth. But with how quickly the jumble came out, it was a wonder how her noggin could hold so much.

She reeled back in, took a breath, and tapped her paws against the earth below. Applepaw found these little actions calmed her, even if only a little. Just enough so she could meet the stranger’s eyes with a smile. “No, no, no, not disappointing! Its actually really interesting, haha,” she sounded a little breathless after her outburst from before. The apprentice relaxed again on the floor, though her tail still quivered in delight. “That really is curious. Do you think the bump on your head has something to do with it?” She was trying to pace her questions now, to not overwhelm the other. Something she did often to her parents back when ‘why’ was her favorite word.

Chris
    Participant

The young cat’s bubbly aura was endearing indeed. The amber-cloaked stranger smiled broadly, stretching out her long striped forearms and spreading her toes lazily.

“Not a thing I’m afraid. Saffrongaze says the memories should return in time- this sorta thing happens with ‘trauma’ apparently.” She placed verbal quotation marks around the word trauma to show that she did not view her injury as particularly externally or internally damaging. It hurt for sure, but time healed all wounds, she knew that intrinsically.

“I s’pose I coulda been eatin’ rock’sn acorns.” She laughed, throwing her head back as her side shook with the force of her humor. “Though ya think I’d have a bit of a belly ache hangin’ around.” Mrrowed the nameless one, looking back at what sincerely seemed like a smaller version of herself.

It sent an odd prickle through her fur. She could have any amount of kin- parents, kits, siblings, and she’d not know to even be missing them now.

Do they miss me?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Camp SkyClan Medicine Den who are you?