Skip to toolbar

when the sun rises [ThunderClan Meeting] (Open)

Forums ThunderClan ThunderClan Camp when the sun rises [ThunderClan Meeting] (Open)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Tyler
    Participant

Wildstar
    Leader of ThunderClan

It was early morning when Wildstar exited her den, usually lively and confident eyes, now downcast and somber. When Peachblossom had approached her den the night before, she didn’t think it would lead to this. She’d hoped there would be a better solution, but after further evaluation there seemed to be no other option available. Morningpaw needed to step down.

When the ThunderClan leader circled around the Large Log she was relieved to see that Peachblossom was already there. Had she been waiting long? Wildstar hoped not, letting out a visible sigh of relief. “Oh good. You’re here.” she said in lieu of a greeting, fully aware of the curious gazes beginning to turn their way. “How are you feeling?” she asked the medicine cat gently, knowing that their talk the night before had been long and that it was unlikely either of them had slept much.

“I guess we should get started,” She sighed, watching as a crowd began to form to see what was going on. Moving to leap onto her perch, Wildstar turned towards her clan mates and offered a sad smile to them and a dip of her head. “May all those old enough to catch their own prey meet by the Large Log for a clan meeting!”

Feared
    Participant

Snarlingbadger

ThunderClan Warrior

Leaf-bare was annoying for the tomcat, it made his throat itchy and sore from the cold. Fortunately Peachblossom seemed to have a constant supply of honey, how she managed it he would never know but it certainly did make him feel better. Right now his throat was feeling pretty scratchy and sore but he was choosing not to use his voice, pale yellow eyes slowly flickering towards the source of Wildstar’s voice, whiskers twitching with curiosity. He hadn’t been expecting a clan meeting as he gazed up at his leader before the large black and white patched tomcat pushed himself up from his laying position. Pale pink scars littered his snout and throat, standing out against the white of his fur as he slowly walked down the small incline to where he was now standing within the cleared out area. Clanmates were beginning to fill the space within but he didn’t take notice as he sat down and licked his chest fur twice.

turnip
    Participant
    🐍 Adderface 🐍

Couldn’t quite put his paw on it, but Leaf-bare made this tom feel so fatigued. The cold weather may be to blame. All he wanted to do was snuggle up and keep warm with a clan-mate – or two, perhaps three, a nice pile wouldn’t hurt. Could be the lack of prey to keep up with his metabolism, every bit of fuel burned up soon as he comes back to camp. Everywhere he looked was bleak white with snow, his adventures out of camp less exciting.

He looked up from where he was gnawing on a prey bone as Wildstar called for a meeting. Lolling his tongue to let the bone roll out of his mouth, Adderface stood up and shook the fresh snow from his pelt. Instinctively, he looked for someone to sit with.

👑 Littlepaw 👑

The large golden-brown apprentice slipped back into camp without a word, just the crunch of snow under his weight. He carried a sparrow between his teeth, its wing looked broken from the catch. Littlepaw dropped the bird on the fresh-kill pile and sniffed, wiping his snout with one of his deft forepaws. Seemed he has caught a bit of a cold from being out all evening.

He nearly jumped out of his skin at the leader’s voice ringing out. Just a meeting... he thought with relief, prickling pelt slowly easing down. Littlepaw found a perch near his mother and her family, nodding to them without looking at their faces. A yawn pushed through his teeth. Let’s make this quick, he urged Wildstar silently. His nest was calling for him.

Peach
    Participant

Her emotions swirled around in confusion as Wildstar appeared in front of her, seeing the molly she knew it was time to say goodbye to her official title of mentor and just go back to being regular old Peachblossom. She should be happy shouldn’t she? This is what she always wanted Morningpaw to step down from being her apprentice, but it wasn’t joy she felt in this moment. Peachblossom was sad, truly sad that the young molly could no longer work with her, even through the clear emotions Peachblossom felt about Morningpaw the apprentice pushed through and worked hard. “I wish we had better news to offer this meeting, but this is what’s best for her.” It was  obvious the molly was in no mood to hold a proper conversation, her tired eyes leaving Wildstar as she searched for her mate. Dipping her head to the dilute leader before moving to see Snarlingbadger, her small frame pushing into his large body in greeting. Her head bumping against his shoulder, “honey.”

She wanted to sit by him for the meeting but she needed to take her spot at the bottom of the log, and represent herself as a put together rank. Trying her best to push her exhaustion away as she straightened her shoulders.

Pheebs
    Participant

It was their silence that clued her in. Not the silence of corporeal, breathing bodies but that of the incorporeal, quicksilver kind. They hadn’t spoken to her in days- the occasional flicker of something would happen, and sometimes a nightmare would come sweeping in. Mostly, though, Morningpaw couldn’t sleep of the growling of her stomach and nausea. She was still shaking, even now while the sun was out and the air gradually warming in anticipation of new-leaf.

Change is in the air, the gold molly noted. She looked up, seeing-but-not-quite-seeing her half-brother, Littlepaw. Gorse had died earlier that season- sickness. Morningpaw hadn’t been there to treat her older brother. Her shaking increased. At least Peachblossom’s put together. Morningpaw was always waxing poetry about her mentor’s beauty and grace, it was hard, not to- she was admirable even when she sneered at Morningpaw- but at that moment, Peachblossom just looked tired. 

“Something’s about to happen.” It was not a question because she knew that look- it sparked a realization in her mind. Morningpaw didn’t say another word, though, simply settled near (not too close- never too close) Peachblossom and waited for the mess to begin.

Feared
    Participant

Snarlingbadger

ThunderClan Warrior

He blinked before turning his head faintly to see who had brushed up against him but the mass of peach creamed fur instantly told him his answer as he lowered his chin and rub his chin against the top of her head and ears. But he could tell that something wasn’t quite right; his brows furrowing slightly as he lightly nudged her cheek with his white nose, pale yellow eyes staring into her baby blues before she looked away. Whatever it was he wouldn’t pry, she needed her privacy and her space but he was always there for her if she needed him. She spoke his simple nickname and he slowly released a grunt to acknowledge her, his tail curling up against her fluffy body in an embrace as he licked the top of her head before he released her. Snarlingbadger was a Tom of little words but every gesture meant something as he looked down at the small molly as she trudged along to the log to take her place as a rank, although her magnificent tail seemed to be lacking its luster. That didn’t make sense to him.

Sagetalon

ThunderClan Warrior

Sage green eyes narrowed faintly as the pale brown tabby Tom slipped from the warriors den as he stretched out his tall and slender figure, tilting his head in order to pop his neck. A sigh of relieve slipped from his lips as his neck popped, grunting as he cleared his throat and blinked a few times as he noticed that the clearing was full of clan mates. “Huh.” He mumbled softly before he lifted his chin and drowsily glanced towards the log to see that Wildstar was perched on top. So this was a clan meeting? Grumbling faintly, the sleepy tomcat began to move through the crowd, his eyes landing upon Adderface for a moment and he felt his heart lurch with earning but he changed course. The other tomcat didn’t know that he existed.

Instead he spotted Snarlingbadger and smiled to himself as he walked towards his childhood friend, noticing the serious and yet curious expression the large tomcat held upon his face. “Why the serious face?” Sagetalon yawned the question while Snarlingbadger turned his chin to eye Sagetalon momentarily before he hesitantly smiled at the disheveled fur that Sagetalon spotted. “I am not grooming for a meeting.” Sagetalon knew exactly what that look meant as he lowered himself into a sitting position and leaned against Snarlingbadgers side and closed his eyes. “Wake me when it’s over.” Sagetalon yawned again and Snarlingbadger grunted with annoyance but didn’t brushed him off.

Juniperthorn & CO
    Participant

Shiverflight

Thunderclan Warrior

As Wildstar’s voice rang out into the clearing, it found it way to the warrior’s den where a young, cream-colored she-cat, Shiverflight, slept peacefully. When that powerful voice reached her ears, they twitched and roused her from her slumber. It became clear at that time that other warriors were also making their way through the natural curtain that guarded their sleeping quarters. Shiverflight indulged in a long stretch before following her clan mates into the camp. She could see her brave leader waiting expectantly for her clan to join her at the Large Log. Excitement pricked in the young warrior’s stomach at first but was quickly followed by nervous butterflies as the heavy air settled around her. Something wasn’t right here. Shiverflight sat herself next to a few familiar clan mates and wrapped her tail neatly around her paws, waiting for the meeting to begin. She noticed Adderface close by and waved him over with a quick flick of her tail, “What do you think this is about?” she whispered. Although she didn’t know Adderface well, being the social butterfly that she was, she needed to talk to someone, anyone, about what she happening.

snow
    Participant

t i g e r s h a d o w

Wildstar’s yowl made the tom’s furry head jerk up, green gaze adjusting to the gloom of the warrior’s den. A soft light filtered in through the entrance as Tigershadow rose to his paws, grunting at the effort. Slipping off to hangout with the ShadowClan deputy each night was taking a toll on his sleep schedule, though he couldn’t complain. Juncoberry left his spirits high, while ThunderClan had made the tom feel rather uncomfortable. He carefully groomed his fur before slithering into the clearing, large head swinging from side to side as he gazed across his clanmates. Finding an open spot beside Snarlingbadger, the tall tomcat settled down, though a concerned look flashed across his face at the somber mood. Even Wildstar looked dejected, Peachblossom included. He twitched an ear, anxiety tightening in his stomach. If they had found out about him meeting Juncoberry, surely he’d be punished right? Not just humiliated in front of the entire clan. A pit weighed down, heavy as stone, and made the dark brown tabby tom knead his front paws nervously. If anything, he could try to join ShadowClan if he were exiled. Would Juncoberry accept him, or would he cast him away too? Tigershadow suddenly didn’t feel too good.

Tyler
    Participant

Wildstar
    Leader of ThunderClan

Wildstar watched with an expression-less face as her clan members began to exit their dens for the meeting. It was obvious some were displeased, tired and groaning to each other as they made themselves as comfortable as they could in the snow. Wildstar was tired too. All she wanted to do was be in her nest with her kits but StarClan had decided otherwise. Her eyes briefly met Morningpaw’s and gave her a nod. This could not wait until later. Loudly, she cleared her throat to hush the whispers. 

“I want to start this meeting on some high notes,” the leader began, her neck pivoting so she could speak to the whole group. “First, I want to congratulate all of you on making it to the middle of another Leafbare. I know the cold has set in and sometimes it can be hard to keep our clan maintained and our warriors in shape, but it can only get warmer from here. Second of all, I want to thank last night’s hunting patrol for doing such a good job making sure our clan stays fed. All of you can have the rest of the day off if you want.” Wildstar let the good news sink in for as long as she could, tail twitching nervously. 

“Next is the not-so-great part. When I became leader I vowed to make sure that our clan is always well-informed of what is going on in the territories. I’m not one to keep secrets and I do not intend to. That being said, I’m sure many of you have had your speculations since our medicine cats came back from the Mooncave, but there indeed was a vision given by StarClan. What the vision means, we do not know yet. I think Peachblossom described it best as.. thick black water.. that drowned them?” She looked to her healer for an answer, for a moment. “From now on, or at least until we know more, I encourage all of you to take caution when out in the territories. Right now we are running business as usual but know that it can change in an instant.” 

She paused again, creating space for any questions her clan-mates may have for her. “And now.. I have some unfortunate news to share with all of you. As you now know, the vision that the medicine cats had was traumatic. I’m not sure if any of you have had a vision before but they are whole-body experiences and can be all-consuming. Unfortunately, one of our own was not exempt from that traumatic experience. After a lot of waiting for answers of what to do from StarClan, Peachblossom and I have decided it is best for Morningpaw to step down from her medicine cat duties.” The dilute-calico’s tone turned sad, eyes cloudy. With a sniff of her nose she looked to the young healer, acknowledging the apprentice in the crowd. “Morningpaw, ThunderClan thanks you for your tireless service as medicine cat apprentice.” She bowed her head towards the young she-cat. 

“Now, I think thats enough announcements from me, but I do think that Peachblossom has something to say…” Wildstar trailed off, stepping to edge of the Large Log to leap off once the healer took her place upon the scaffolding. 

Peach
    Participant

Peachblossom felt her heart string as she passed by Wildstar on her way to the Large Log, it killed Peachblossom to admit that she failed her first apprentice so badly. Looking out to her clanmates, she felt strangely at home up there. Clearing her throat the healer, reiterating what Wildstar had already told the clan.  “I wish I could come to you all sharing happier news but I must make the decision that Wildstar and I felt was best. As Wildstar shared we have decided it is important for her health that her paws lead her down a different path.” 

“Morningpaw please step forth.” 

Her eyes landing solely on her apprentice, her gaze almost apologetic as she openly addressed everything she should have long ago. “Morningoaw I will be the first to admit I wasnt exactly thrilled when Starclan sent you to me. I always imagined my successor would be just like me, but I couldn’t have been more wrong. When you first arrived to your first day of training all I saw was a nervous kitten with kittypet blood coursing through you, and to be honest I thought you’d quit before your first moon was up.”  

Taking a momentary pause to allow her words to sink in before continuing her speech. “And to my surprise you didnt. You fought through and worked harder than I could have imagined. Your passion, drive, and love for your clan light a fire inside you. Morningpaw I wish I was strong enough to say this sooner but unfortunately sometimes my hardheadedness gets in the way.”

Her saddened gaze being replaced by a large smile. “Morningpaw I am so so proud of you and it was an honor to be your mentor. No matter what path you walk now I want you to know you can always come to me.” 

“Now my final gift to you as your mentor, your full name.”

“I, Peachblossom, medicine cat of Thunderclan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. She has trained hard to understand the ways of a medicine cat, and with your help she will serve her clan for many moons. Morningpaw, do you promise to uphold the ways of a medicine cat, to stand apart from rivalry between Clan and Clan and to protect all cats equally, even at the cost of your life?” Letting Morningpaw come forth on her own time, only moving on once she agreed. 

“Then by the powers of Starclan I give you your true name as a  medicine cat. Morningpaw from this moment on you will be known as Morningwish. STarclan honors your passion, drive, and love, and we welcome you as a full medicine cat of Thunderclan. I hope you find the peace you need with your new path my dear Morningwish.” Leaping down towards her former apprentice, her nose gently touching her forehead.

turnip
    Participant
    🐍 Adderface 🐍

His gaze fluttered over the variety of cats seated before the leader as he approached. Always searching for someone, without even a hint of realization as to who or even why. But once his attention fell on a certain tabby tom, suddenly, Adderface wasn’t looking anymore. His hero from the battle with the foxes, sir Sagetalon! His name played in the sly warrior’s mind in a high-belted tune, lighting up his jade green eyes. He moved to take a slinking step his way when he noticed Sagetalon was close with another. Adderface stopped, watching for what seemed like ages yet only a few heartbeats. His expression was difficult to read, stiffening in silence. I had no clue he and Snarlingbadger were so chummy…  He thought. Then, after observing Snarlingbadger again, I don’t blame him.

Movement caught his eyes and pulled him back to reality, keeping him from drawing to anymore conclusions. “Oh,” his maw fell open in surprise, immediately ducking over to greet her, “Shiverflight!” He’s been spending more time in camp so he’s been trying harder to remember the names of his clan-mates. Hers wasn’t so difficult, since he could easily place it to her pretty pelt. “I’m not sure,” he said, lifting a paw to straighten his whiskers thoughtfully, looking up at the grim faces on both the leader and medicine cat. “Hope its nothing too rough. Already I feel tortured just being cooped up in here,” he sighed dramatically, leaning into her shoulder. Adderface never has a problem with popping personal bubbles, especially if it means brushing pelts with an attractive clan-mate.

The crowd hushed once Wildstar began to speak again. “What good’s a day off in this weather?” he mumbled, yearning to bust out and run wild on Thunderclan territory and then some. She seemed to have been stalling, only making him more curious for the real news.

Ah, there it is. A prophetic vision of impending doom. Of course. Sounded pretty icky, definitely something to be concerned about. Worry rippled through the crowd around him, fear scent sitting on his tongue. He shifted to stand, figuring this would conclude the clan meeting. However, when it rains, it pours. Wildstar dropped the last bit of information so carefully yet it hit Adderface right in the chest.

“Morningpaw?” His ears perked up as he leaned forward, peeking around the other heads for his first apprentice. She looked… different. Has it really been so long since he’s seen her? Guilt gripped him like a vice, having vowed to pester her personally as often as he could whenever Peachblossom wasn’t around to chase him out. But with her medicine cat duties, he figured she would be too busy to want to put up with his games. Her mentor spoke kinder than he had ever witnessed before. Tears stung the corners of his eyes, watching the young cat who was family to him promote to her full name.

“Morningwish! Morningwish!” he chanted first and loudest. “Morningwish– You did it! You did it!” he broke to shout through the crowd, trying hard not to cry. Pride swelled in his throat, beaming a big, bright smile.

👑 Littlepaw 👑

Wildstar spoke of an ill omen, of black water drowning the clans. Littlepaw’s mother muttered worries and concerns to the cats beside her, all the more afraid as they don’t understand what the message is supposed to mean. The golden brown tom said nothing. He was still quietly counting the days until he could leave this forest and never look back. For a brief moment, the image of suffocating into darkness slipped into his mind. But just as quickly, it disappeared. He didn’t want anyone to believe he was afraid so he sat up taller.

Then, the news broke of his sister leaving the medicine den. His amber eyes widened, looking to where the healers were seated. She looked terrible. A cold feeling sat on his gut at the sight of Morningpaw, one he couldn’t quite describe. That vision must have been… pretty intense, he thought, bunching up his brows and glancing subtly at Fallowthorn, his mother. She was silent. If she had something to say, she at least knew better to wait until the meeting was finished. The lead medicine cat shared with the clan a speech for her former apprentice. She spoke with such fondness, Littlepaw had to look away. It was strange, almost maternal though he couldn’t say from experience.

He noticed Fallowthorn’s pelt prickle at the mention of Morningpaw’s kittypet blood. The entire reason for the wedge between himself and his family with his sister, something even the medicine cat could overlook. He felt sick with regret. Looking on as Morningpaw- now Morningwish touched noses with her mentor, Littlepaw thought he should go talk to her. What would I even say?

“Morningwish!” he chanted alongside his clan-mates, ignoring some idiot sobbing loudly.

Feared
    Participant

Snarlingbadger

ThunderClan Warrior

Pale yellow eyes watched a familiar tomcat as he stared at both Sagetalon and himself, causing him to grunt slightly. Adderface and Sagetalon were morons, it was so obvious that the two tomcats had feelings for one another but he knew it wasn’t easy for Sagetalon so he didn’t press it too much but he noticed the expression that Adderface had been wearing. Mild jealousy. The darker brown tabby was motionless for a mere heartbeat, apple green eyes hesitant until Shiverflight caught his attention. Snarlingbadger briefly glanced down at Sagetalon and noticed that his friend had his eyes closed and appeared to be dozing in and out while leaning against his shoulder blade. No wonder Adderface wore such an expression.

However, he pulled his mind away from the two tomcats, they were not his concern. Movement caught his eye and he looked up towards Wildstar as she began to address everyone, causing him to slightly shrug his shoulder blade in order to get Sagetalon’s attention, he needed to be alert for whatever this meeting entitled. Sagetalon made a soft noise of complain but his friend eventually lifted his head and began to listen. Snarlingbadger wasn’t surprised by the praise that Wildstar gave, she was very observant and wise to give out compliments. Although as her expression turned saddened, ears perked and his chin tilted slightly as the news was given about the dream that StarClan had sent both Morningpaw and Peachblossom. It sounded odd, thick black liquid that was causing drowning? He had never heard of such a thing but he wondered if the elders had.

Jaw tight with thought, his eyes refocused on his leader as she gave the grave news that Morningpaw would be stepping down as the next medicine cat, causing him to arch a furry brow as the whispering began to filter through the crowd. While his eyes immediately sought out Peachblossom, from what he saw, his mate was saddened by this news but he really wondered if she was. Peachblossom was a marvelously actor and while he had liked Morningpaw, his mate usually did not. But as his mate stepped forth and addressed Morningpaw and the clan, he felt pride swell in his chest as he watched the small peach colored molly. She had matured a long way from her usual outbursts of rage and irritation. Now she was saddened but also overjoyed to give Morningwish her full name, and what a beautiful name it was. Morningwish’s name filled the air as the clan called out, while he stayed silent but smiled softly towards Peachblossom. You did good. He thought mentally.

Sagetalon

ThunderClan Warrior

Sagetalon found himself yawning again as he leaned his smaller shoulder against Snarlingbadger, his chin lowered towards his chest. He wasn’t as massive as his friend but he also wasn’t the smallest male warrior in the clan. Although he did feel like he was one of the more exhausted cats in the clan, getting woken up early before a night shift patrol. Because his eyes were closed and his consciousness was failing, he had no idea that Adderface had even noticed him. But then again ever since that Fox chase the two tomcats had become fast friends, but now Sagetalon found the need to distance himself. For his feelings were morphing and Adderface was more of a free lance tomcat, throwing his affection at whomever while Sagetalon was more reserved. He couldn’t burden Adderface like that and cause himself unnecessary jealousy.

Although at the nudge that Snarlingbadger gave him, he grunted softly as his body swayed, causing him to straight out his form and blink slowly before his tired green eyes gazed up at Wildstar, painfully aware how close Adderface was. Eyelids began to droop slightly as his leader congratulated those on the nightly hunting trip, which he had been a part of, but hearing the praise was nice. His breathing slowed slightly as his ears began to droop back, that was of course until Wildstar got to the main course of this meeting. Eyelids opened fully and his ears lifted slightly as he took it all in. Morningpaw… was quitting? This didn’t make any sense. Brows furrowing slightly for a moment before he turned his attention towards Snarlingbadger. “Looks like your girl got her wish.” Although Sagetalon immediately regretted saying that as his gaze found Peachblossom, her gaze sad as she watched her former apprentice.

Snarlingbadger said nothing as usual but Sagetalon was no longer paying attention to what was being said by the high ranks as his eyes roamed to find Adderface. The tomcat’s face was twisted with sadness and worry. Of course he knew that Adderface greatly cared for Morningpaw, she had been his apprentice before she had been chosen by StarClan. Lips pressed together as he looked towards Peachblossom and Morningpaw once more before he sighed loudly and stood up, beginning to walk towards Adderface as his felt his heart twitch within his chest. He felt guilty. Sagetalon could see that Adderface was upset, the tears and such already flowing as Peachblossom appointed Morningwish her full name. Brushing his pelt against Adderface’s as he then sat himself quietly down beside Adderface, giving silent support before he began to chant Morningwish’s new name. “Morningwish! Morningwish!” He chanted, before turning to Adderface. “You okay, cry baby?” Sagetalon snorted, his tone dry but his eyes concerned.

Pheebs
    Participant

Morningpaw was young, she knew that, but she couldn’t help but meet Kass’s tired eyes and think: Yeah, that’s me, too. The exhaustion in her leader’s face reflected the stone weighing in her stomach, and she found herself wishing for peace and quiet. Or Minkbelly. She missed her Skyclan friend. She’s talking. The golden tabby struggled to blink away sleep, sitting straight to at least look focused. Morningpaw was a poor actress, of course, but she determinedly avoided Fallowthorn’s critical eye and instead focused on others she could see. Hawkbite with his gaggle of kits, Adderface with his eye glued on someone (oh no), and Snarlingbadger’s deceptively passive face. She didn’t know him well, but she recognized him as being a very sweet-tempered warrior. And Peachblossom’s mate- which never failed to surprise her.

“…what the vision means we do not know yet…”

A flinch and the phantom call of silence, drowning out the usual buzz of sound. Morningpaw had never experienced emptiness so oppressive, so thick it was almost corporeal. She sucked in air and her throat stung with poison. Morningpaw’s eyes dropped to her paws. White paws. Paws are still white- no black ocean. These “slips” as she called them had been happening for a while, and she suspected they had fueled Peachblossom’s concern for her. There were days when Morningpaw couldn’t define what was real or a vision, and her own emotions had become so entangled with Starclan’s that the sudden loss was- crippling.

Oh, she’s talking about me. The young molly tilted her face to her leader. She’s- she’s upset. Why? Morningpaw’s dismay must have shown on her face, what with how her entire face scrunched and narrowed eyes trailed after Kass’s retreating form. She had lost her tail on that fox patrol Kass had dragged her on. She also saved your life.

Morningpaw stood with mechanical movements, a cocktail of emotions flying across her features. They were veiled by a thin, befuddled smile that she offered to Peachblossom where she stood. She was not entirely sure what was happening, having expected Kass to finish and then disband the gathering. Peach’s next words, however, gave her pause. It was an acknowledgment, and it was an apology. She would like to say she didn’t physically flinch in shock, but that would make her a liar. She managed to scramble back into a more composed stance, though her wide-eyed stare helped none.

Her next movements were smoother if a little hesitant. Deep blue eyes locked with Peachblossom’s familiar sharp, intelligent gaze. The acid there was lacking. Something in Morningpaw’s chest loosened- not like a dam, but a window being pushed open. “Thank you. I should- I should have been stronger, but I aspire to be better. If not for myself then for my clan,” the newly named Morningwish murmured, so that only Peachblossom caught her words.

Morningwish stepped away, finding a slow grin forming on her face when she noticed Adderface’s teary face. She pushed through the throng of felines, stopping only to catch Littlepaw‘s gaze. Talk to me, she wanted to say, but Fallowthorn’s suspicious eye provided enough incentive to steer clear (for now).

“I guess this means we’re okay?” She asked, approaching Adderface with hesitant steps. She hadn’t seen him in- what could have been ages. She was fifteen moons, and she hadn’t had a real conversation with the tom in eight moons. Regret hit hard, however, Morningwish would worry about that later. “If we are- I’d like to ask,” she leaned forward, studying Sagetalon with an inquisitive eye, “How’d you managed to get a friend who doesn’t seem as insane as you.” Morningwish’s tired eyes shone with good humor, and she reveled in the feel of- not tranquility (not as long as that vision haunted her), but the lightness of that moment.

(ignore any writing issues and whatnot- bit tired but I wanted to throw in this post)

• This reply was modified 5 days, 1 hour ago by Pheebs.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums ThunderClan ThunderClan Camp when the sun rises [ThunderClan Meeting] (Open)