Skip to toolbar

when the stars align // junco + tiger

Forums ThunderClan ThunderClan Territory Oak Forest when the stars align // junco + tiger

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    snow
    Participant

t i g e r s h a d o w

It was late once again, his moonlit stroll the only part of his day that felt normal. Between patrols and training Flashpaw, he seemed to be more absentminded than usual. His head was in the clouds, as Silvermist would say. But how could they not be? She’d been the only cat he’d confided in about his son, Sparkkit, who was nearing his apprentice ceremony and still didn’t know his father. The advice she had given him had been less than favorable, though he had to admit she may be right. Telling the spiky orange and white tom may be the only chance he had at a real father-son relationship. 

Sighing, the burly tomcat slithered easily through the undergrowth, green eyes narrowed as he approached the ShadowClan border. What am I doing here? he thought momentarily, ears burning with embarrassment as he recalled meeting Juncoberry here. He had left feeling dejected and a feeling like a mouse-brain, confiding in an enemy like that. Perhaps speaking with the enemy was okay, but spilling all your fears to them? Perhaps the night made Juncoberry seem trusting, but the brown and white tom wouldn’t be fooled again. It was the same time tonight as it was a few days ago when they had first met. Would the ShadowClan deputy dare come close to the ThunderClan border?

Instead of moping around and thinking about it, the warrior decided he might as well hunt. Lowering into a crouched position, he strained his ears and stood as still as ice. After what felt like moons, a soft scurrying could be heard beneath the gnarled roots of an oak. In the span of thirty seconds, Tigershadow had managed silently kill the prey and return to his spot, settling down on his belly. There, now he was there eating a midnight snack, not awkwardly hoping the gray tom would show up and make him feel like a real cat again. 

Juncoberry
    Participant

Juncoberry

shadowclan deputy

Days had passed, but Juncoberry couldn’t get his interaction with Tigershadow out of his mind. Though they had spoken so briefly, he had felt some kind of connection with the other tom. He found himself once more at the ThunderClan border, wandering, seemingly, aimlessly, without a care in the world. His gait was slow, lazy; his amber gaze flicked here and there over the trees, only the slightest hint of hope shining in them. Would he find the ThunderClan tom out here? He’d been to the border nightly since their meeting, his walks taking much the same path as they had the night they’d met.

He came to the spot they’d been, and he perked immediately on seeing a familiar form there. He watched as Tigershadow pounced, then straightened with a small rodent hanging from his jaws. “Hey, you’re a lot better at that than me,” he admitted, strolling right up to the border as the other tom settled down to eat his meal. A grin was set on his lips, his eyes bright. “Miss me?” he cooed, walking straight to the very edge of ShadowClan’s territory. If he took another step, he’d be trespassing. He sat down right there, cocking his head to the right.

snow
    Participant

t i g e r s h a d o w

He jumped at the sound of Juncoberry’s timbre, green eyes widening slightly as he swiveled to look at the tom. “Huh?” Sighing softly, he lashed his tail, a bit cross at how much of a pansy he must look like right now. “Erm, Juncoberry.. thanks,” he mumbled awkwardly, flicking one of his dark brown ears. The last time the pair had met, it had been a bit awkward. Tigershadow still felt a bit of resentment toward the ShadowClan deputy, but he also kept appearing in his thoughts. It was odd, to be this interested in a tom, at least to the ThunderClan warrior. Perhaps he just admired Juncoberry’s cleverness?

His snide remark made Tigershadow snort, tail lashing impatiently as he settled down once more. He crunched the morsel between his jaws, tearing at the juicy piece of meat. “Don’t stray too close, can’t risk being seen talking to me.” Was that a sly comment? Perhaps Tigershadow was upset about their last encounter, though he’d never admit it. He was too proud to do something like that. He knew he’d left in a huff, but the vibe he got from the ShadowClan deputy had confused him. 

Juncoberry
    Participant

Juncoberry

shadowclan deputy

Togershadow’s startle brought a chuckle to Juncoberry’s lips. He could see that look in the other tom’s eyes— something like confusion perhaps? He might be wrong on that, but there was definitely something there. His eyes narrowed as he pondered for a moment, before he relaxed once more and decided not to press the subject. A single brow arched at the ThunderClanner’s warning, a smirk growing on hips lips. “Is that so?” he purred, “Think they’d be jealous?” He flopped down on his belly, eyes trained on his companion as he ate his prey.

“You could come over here,” he offered, his cheeks tingling as a— thankfully— well-hidden blush spread over them. “There’s something I wanna show you, anyway; you have to see it,” he explained. Hope glittered in his eyes, his heart skipping a beat as he awaited a response. “I promise you’ll like it,” he added, hoping to convince the other tom to come along.

snow
    Participant

t i g e r s h a d o w

His tone held a teasing note, and Tigershadow fixed him with his intense green stare. “Of course, I’m tall and handsome. Any cat could see that I’m a catch,” he stated matter-of-factly, flicking his tail to prove his point. Turning away, the ThunderClan warrior crunched on his mouse, gulping it down hungrily and finishing it rather quickly.

His ears swiveled toward the gray tom as he spoke, curiosity lighting his eyes as he tipped his head slightly to the side. “What is it?” he inquired almost immediately, clearly interested in what Juncoberry was offering. After a moment, he shook his head, chortling awkwardly. “Actually, no, what am I thinking? I’d get skinned alive by Wildstar if she found out,” he explained, tail swishing behind him nervously. Although kind, his leader certainly had a harsh side that he did not long to see.

Juncoberry
    Participant

Juncoberry

shadowclan deputy

Ah, now Tigershadow seemed comfortable enough with him to tease back. Was that teasing? Was he just arrogant? Regardless of the reasoning for the comment, Juncoberry found it hilarious. He let out a soft chuckle, his ears twitching as he responded, “Let’s show you off, then.” His eyes glittered, his cheeks burning even hotter now. He found himself almost flustered; it wasn’t often that some-cat responded well to his jokes, and he was intrigued with this tom that could now take it in stride.

The other tom seemed interested in what Juncoberry had to show him, and he perked up with enthusiasm. “Oh, come on,” he pleaded, waving his tail behind him. “Wildstar doesn’t have to know, does she? If you think Smokestar wouldn’t do the same to me, then believe me, you’re wrong. But no-cat is gonna know; just come see,” he urged, not willing to drop this. It was only just over the border on his side, and they could get there and have Tigershadow back in his own territory before any-cat knew the difference.

“I promise it’s worth it,” he pressed. He stood, watching his companion to await his response. He felt his heartbeat quicken, the blush on his cheeks threatening to dissolve him into a puddle of squeals and nervous laughter. He could feel it just there in his throat; a bad habit, he supposed.

snow
    Participant

t i g e r s h a d o w

Juncoberry sounded convincing, and the tom wanted to admit he was intrigued, but his morals kept his paws planted firmly on the ground. He swished his white tipped tail, green eyes narrowing as he thought for a moment. Raising his head, he glanced behind him and scented the air, making sure none of his clanmates had come out to look for him. It was clear. Now he had to excuse not to follow the tom, aside from his leader murdering him and his clanmates thinking he’s a traitor. Nobody is gonna find out.

He’d reasoned with himself, and he nodded curtly to Juncoberry, careful placing his paws as he made his way over to the tom. It felt weird stepping onto ShadowClan territory, the tall pine trees and dark shadows that shrouded their camp made him a bit weary. “I hope it’s worth it,” he chided back, flicking an ear. “If I’m walking into an ambush I’m going to feel like quite the mousebrain,” he admitted, chuckling softly as he waited for the grey tom to take the lead.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums ThunderClan ThunderClan Territory Oak Forest when the stars align // junco + tiger