We’re not so different.

Forums ShadowClan ShadowClan Territory The Stream We’re not so different.

Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Chris
    Participant

Black paws skimmed over a crystalized forestbed, kicking up silver spray in the wake of their slimy built owner. Hawkpaw’s dark form contrasted sharply with his wintery surroundings, but he was speeding so quickly past them the young ThunderClan apprentice hardly took note of it.

He was intent on his target, a red squirrel which was the fattest of his stock he’d seen since the cold had set in. He barely remembered the frosty moons during which he had been born, and it was the first time in a long time that he’d gone to sleep hungry. He wasn’t alone, however. All around him at home were the anxious faces of hungry kits and elders alike. But the only one Hawkpaw cared about was Chanterellepaw, she’d been working tirelessly of late and squirrel were her favorite, he refused to let this one slip away. His old fox injury gave a flare of pain when his paw plunged through an icy puddle, but he shook it off and kept running, ensuring that he kept his paces short and sweet like his father Cedarsmoke had showed him.

He broke through a thick snare of brambles, but the squirrel had been less fortunate. He spotted it struggling just a few tail-lengths ahead. Its brilliant ruddy tail hopelessly tangled. It felt…wrong, to just walk upon it and kill it after he’d spent so many weeks chasing his food down. But, food was food. He couldn’t see those honorable Warriors turning their nose up at a free meal just because it had been easy.

He suddenly looked around and realized he didn’t recognize this neck of the woods- dark stooping pine trees so dense that not even sunlight pervaded the canopy of frosted branches. And it was silent, dead silent. Hawkpaw shuddered and moved to take his prey and leave- the sooner the better.

[Recycled post]

Roach
    Participant

Roachpaw ~Shadowclan Apprentice 

Furrowing his brows as he stalks through the pine forest. His yellow gaze clouded in deep thought at what had transpired between his best friend and himself an hour prior. Roachpaw felt childish for expressing his irritation and vulnerability so easily to Skunkpaw, it infuriated him to no end. Jaw clenching, fur rising at the bitter cold nipping at his lanky form. He was getting real tired of leaf-bare, that’s for sure. The once soft moss felt dry and rough against his large black paws as he moves deeper into the depths of Shadowclan.

The apprentice needed time to cool off, to let his raging emotions dull down to manageable control. Yes, he was glad that Skunkpaw and himself had worked out their differences, but he could still feel his irritation and sadness welling within him. “Tsk” he sighs, clicking his tongue against the roof of his mouth as he half-heartedly kicks small pebbles against the forest floor. His ears twitching at the calming sound of the wind brushing against the pine trees, faint scurrying of animals taking shelter from the cold. Normally he would already be hunting, but could not find the motivation and energy to do so at this moment.

He wondered if everything would go back to normal, would Skunkpaw act like the black tom hadn’t exploded in rage towards him? Acting like a jealous kit when he didn’t get his way. Huffing at the thought, nostrils flaring as he takes a much needed breath. Expecting the freshly smell of pine and soil, but detected a rather strange musky smell. Arching a brow as his curiosity grew, knowing that he would need to be careful. Slipping into the shadows, letting the darkness envelope his dark form. Making sure that his steps were light as he treks past large pine trees, bushes, and fallen logs. Roachpaw sensed that the feline within the woods was not suppose to be here, but he did not sense any ill intent.

Lowering his form, silently moving closer to the intertwined brambles as the scent and rustling came in that general direction. Staying out of sight as he anxiously awaits for the cat to show itself. Blinking owlishly as he watches a dark bulky form of an Thunderclan apprentice tumble out of the snagging brambles with a limp squirrel in his jaws. The squirrel and the tom reek of Thunderclan, conforming his suspicion. Roach remained hidden as he watches the look of confusion and hesitance flash over the sharp features of Hawkpaw. ‘Ah so his little visit is unexpected’ he thought with a slight smirk. Knowing that Hawkpaw meant no harm, he slowly steps away from the darkness. Letting the shadows pull away from his form, revealing his sunflower yellow eyes first before his tall lanky outline appears next. “I believe you missed your turn” Roachpaw’s smooth voice fills the silent air. Settling down on his rump, long slim tail flicking over his paws as he regards Hawkpaw with interest.

Chris
    Participant

Hawkpaw froze, close to the struggling mammal yet not touching it. His midnight black fur bristled like leaves in the wind, shifting the dust of snow atop his coat. But he relaxed when he saw the cat who had discovered him was hardly any older than himself. Presumably of ShadowClan, the clan of the pine forest about whom he’d been told a bit. Funny, He looks like any other cat. But what had he been expecting, honestly?

“It was a mistake, these borders are so stupid. Back home you can keep running and running and your only limit is how far you’re willing to go.” He sighed wistfully. Perhaps it was not entirely true, some areas were occupied, but there was plenty of no-mand land as well. Here? Everything was accounted for.

His gaze drifted back to the prey, still very much alive. Though it seemed to have quit moving, accepting whatever fate was coming. somehow it made him even more reluctant.

Roach
    Participant

Roachpaw wasn’t sure why, but the other dark tom had caught his interest. Maybe, it was because he was a Thunderclanner within Shadowclan territory, or the way he spoke as if he did not truly belong to Thunderclan. Tilting his slim cranium to the side, eyeing Hawkpaw curiously, amusement twinkling in his yellow gaze at how easily startled he was. He quietly observed his stiff posture to the bristling of his black pelt, roach glances over at the struggling squirrel caught within the dangerous clutch of the brambles.

“Ah…you going to kill that?” He questioned with a slight chuckle escaping his maw. “Now I suppose I won’t go telling everyone that a clueless Thunderclanner was out and about in our territory. Just this once though! You are lucky you ran into me and not someone else” he warned lightly, though he wouldn’t admit that the main reason he wasn’t going to report was due to that he wasn’t suppose to be out there either. “No offense but you sound…odd. Where are you from” Roachpaw mused with a questioning tone to his bravado voice.

Now he knew that he should be cautious around Hawkpaw, but he just couldn’t find himself being weary. Maybe it was because he knew the pine forest like the back of his paw, he knew that he could easily out run and out smart Hawkpaw. “What’s your name, clueless?” He teases, finding the little jab suiting the situation nicely.

Chris
    Participant

His lithe body slowly but surely relaxed as he began to understand no physical confrontation was imminent. Though he liked to boast of his prowess, he wasn’t the type to go seek out fights. Or maybe he just didn’t want the lecture from cats back at camp. He did miss battling, training with Kass satiated that much at least.

His amber gaze flitted back to the animal that had brought him here. With a weary sight he lashed a paw forward, freeing it in one blow that effortlessly severed the crusted plant prison. The squirrel was gone quicker than the blink of an eye.

“Killing it here would technically be theft.” He grunted, reluctantly. He’d need to figure something else out for Chanterellepaw, maybe he’d get some fresh moss for her nest and surprise her. She was always going on about how selfish he was, that’d show her.

“I’m Hawkp- Hawk.” He meowed, flicking his tail. “I’m from the city, I’m just here for awhile. Your Clan politics aren’t really my concern.”

Roach
    Participant

Furrowing his brows in confusion as he silently watches Hawkpaw free the squirrel. His sunflower yellow eyes following after the brown form of the fleeing animal. “Hmm. I suppose that is true.” He mutters with a small shrug as it didn’t truly matter to him what the other tom did with his food. “Doubt you are going to find another anytime soon” he adds with a cheeky grin, leaf-bare was here and it didn’t seem like it was leaving anytime soon.

Rising to his large paws as he moves slightly closer to the unknown tom. His steps careful and light, his gaze never leaving Hawk as if he was a cornered and scared animal that could lash out at any possible moment. Pausing a few fox lengths away, his nostrils flaring as he once again takes in his scent. Wrinkling his black nose in distaste before letting his eyes narrow. “I don’t appreciate you lying to me. You are after all in Shadowclan Territory. I can smell Thunderclan all over you” he tsks with a shake to his wedged cranium.

“You May have once have been a rogue, but you aren’t now” Roachpaw states with a huff escaping him. “I suppose I should show you the way out of here. Don’t want you getting even more lost. Do we?” He snickers. His eyes lighting up slightly as he realizes he hadn’t introduced himself; “Where are my manners!” He sarcastically drawled before prancing up to the other dark colored feline. “The names Roachpaw; at your service Hawkpaw” he playfully winks.

Chris
    Participant

Hawkpaw’s lean form stiffened in anger, once-calm pools of honeyed amber set in a dark face turned hard like stone.

“I’m not ThunderClan.” The black tom cat practically spat. “Of course I smell like them. I sleep there, and hunt there. They can have my body, but they can’t take my heart.” He finished with a growl, flicking an ear to dispel a flake that had landed upon it. He seemed to have calmed himself down by sheer resolve, though conflict bubbled close to the surface.

“I appreciate it.” The words seem practically pulled from him, their tone unkind. “Thanks….Roachpaw.” He finished, and began to follow the ShadowClanner.

“I guess I ought to be thankful I ran into you and not a full-blown Warrior-whatsit. They tell some pretty gruesome tales about you in ThunderClan.” He probed gently with his words, curious as to just how many of such fables were true. But if they were…..how would he have any way of discerning an honest answer?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums ShadowClan ShadowClan Territory The Stream We’re not so different.