Skip to toolbar

watch your step [patrol, open]

Forums ThunderClan ThunderClan Territory watch your step [patrol, open]

• This topic has 9 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by pyro.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    pyro
    Participant

HEAVYROAR.

It was a beautiful early spring day, all things considered. If he just focused on his own bubble, it was easy to forget about all the weird things going on with StarClan, and subsequently, the medicine cats or anyone more spiritually inclined. To anyone else, it might have been a little worrying or like a slap in the face, if they didn’t feel even a little affect from the sickness, as it would mean they likely weren’t as spiritual as they liked to believe. To Heavyroar, however, he was actually happy to not be affected whatsoever, for the moment.

He had just been appointed deputy, finally, and he wasn’t about to let his Clan see him as a weakling his first few days on the job. The brown tabby knew he was worthy of the position, and he was going to clear up any doubts of his capabilities to fulfil such important duties that any of his Clanmates might have.

His first patrol was going to be led by him. He also had some ideas of who he’d like to tag along.

“Shootingpaw,” he thundered out for his apprentice, proving himself worthy of his name. “Moriningspirit, anyone else fit enough to go on a patrol, gather before me.” Sitting down, he wrapped his tail about his paws and waited with the air of someone who expected to be obeyed simply because. Heavyroar had always carried this aura, but for some reason, his newfound position of power seemed to make it even more insufferable.

Pheebs
    Participant

Morningspirit visibly recoiled when her name left Heavyroar‘s lips. Why me?! Subsequently thinking, Is he unhinged? He knows I’m inept, right? An old feeling she hadn’t felt in a while (insecurity) shifted, stirring up a storm in her gut. Nevertheless, the golden tabby knew her duty and stood. She’d spent the past few days wandering aimlessly, alternating between staring at the warrior’s den wall and cleaning the Elder’s den. I guess the new deputy is tired of watching me act as useless as I am. Unfortunate. 

“Sir, are you- I mean I’m not so great at-” Anything. Well, no, she was good at one thing, but that one thing was what made her wake up screaming before the sun rose. She would rather return to her bland, talent-less life, but Heavyroar seemed insistent. He reeks of arrogance. It made something in Morningspirit cringe, expecting the worst. The last patrol she had gone on had been a disaster- but that was so long ago, and the scars were all healed. More or less.

“Hi, Shootingpaw.” The other was unfamiliar to her, but she tried to look warm and welcoming anyway. The detached quality of her voice was offputting, though, and it was clear she wasn’t trying to make friends. Get this over with and then you can sleep. That’s all she wanted to do now- sleep. Real sleep, like the kind she sees her clanmates get. Like the kind she used to get when she was a kit- up until the point Starclan decided was a great time to start harassing her sun up to sundown. Can’t blame Starclan this time, though. 

“This- this is a hunting patrol. Ri-right?” She stuttered out, paws digging into the soil in a fruitless attempt to ground herself. 

Howls
    Participant

Hawkshine

Jaws parting in a massive yawn, the swirled brown tabby stepped out of the Warriors Den, pale blue eyes narrowing against the bright glare of the Newleaf sun. It was later than she expected, but she simply shrugged the fact off- surely if her clanmates had wanted her up sooner, they would’ve simply woken her. No doubt her brother would’ve, at the very least, knowing how heavy of a sleeper she was. Thickset tail curling cheerfully over her back, her muzzle settled into an absent, good-natured grin as she headed for the fresh-kill pile, intent on filling her stomach before anything too strenuous.

She was half-way to the freshkill pile when a familiar voice rumbled across the clearing, and she paused mid-stride, ears pricking towards Heavyroar. Faint smile growing into a cheerful grin, she quickly scooped up a mouse from the pile- something to at least tide her over on the patrol- before making her way over.

“Brother!” she boomed cheerfully, following with a fond bump of the shoulder- which might’ve knocked a smaller cat down, though not purposefully. “Count me in! Wouldn’t miss this for the world, y’know. Whatcha plannin, hunting or border? Or somethin special?” She settled beside him, tucking into her mouse quickly as more patrol members began to gather.

Her eyes flicked towards Shootingpaw, offering the young tom a warm- if not slightly messy- smile in greeting as he approached. “Hey kiddo. Ready for some action?” she hummed in way of greeting, tongue swiping over her slightly bloodied muzzle.

Morningspirit also approached, and her eyes softened towards the younger she-cat as she stumbled over words. Oh, hun. She’d seen the recently-named warrior wandering around camp like a lost chick, clearly unsure of what to do with herself. Getting out of camp will be good, she thought, flashing a slightly worried glance towards Heavyroar. She knew how demanding he could get, and her eyes narrowed slightly in silent warning, the message clear: Don’t break her. Clearing her throat, she turned back to the golden tabby, offering a warm smile. “Hunting sounds good to me.”

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Howls.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Howls.
    Missa
    Participant

Shootingpaw

How exciting! A patrol!

Suddenly there was pawsteps running out of the apprentice’s den and suddenly the orange-black tom burst out of the den, his eyes were shining as he quickly made his way towards the group forming around his mentor and he leaped over a little stick that was in the way. Shootingpaw recently was made an apprentice and he was excited to have Heavyroar as his mentor, if it could be anyone that could possibly handle the amount of energy that the apprentice had and the very positive attitude he had, it would probably be Heavyroar. He was surprised that Spiderpaw wasn’t sick of him yet, considering that Shootingpaw asked Spiderpaw for a tour around the apprentice’s den before having a tour of the territory with Heavyroar.

Shootingpaw went in front of his mentor and dipped his head in respect towards Heavyroar “Hey Heavyroar! The weather is beautiful today for a patrol.. This is exciting!” He whispered the last part almost to himself but he was sure that the patrol could hear it. He looked over at Morningspirit and he had a soft smile on his face before dipping his head in greetings to her, he witnessed her ceremony from the nursery with his mother.. He felt very bad, but he knew that no positive words could cheer her up, he knew when it was okay to be his happy outgoing self, but he knew that it wasn’t around Morningspirit. So he would control his thoughts and words around her, as she was still going through the aftermath of the ceremony.

Looking at Hawkshine, he smiled brightly at her before dipping his head in greetings to her as well and his eyes shined brightly “I can’t wait for my first patrol, I hope we find something cool. I promised to hang out with Oatkit later and I would like to have a story for him when we return.. Also maybe find a nice little pebble for him too!” Shootingpaw said, remembering his friend at the nursery. It was quite weird not seeing Oatkit every day, but he always went to go see him every day before going to have dinner with Spiderpaw.

pyro
    Participant

HEAVYROAR.

The swirled brown tabby watched Morningspirit approach with the air of someone mildly disgusted but also, for some odd reason, excited. There was a glint to his blue eyes as he watched her, that seemed to promise either the time of her life was about to happen, or her utter doom. “You doubt my decision making, Morningspirit? I wasn’t made deputy only because of my dashing good looks,” he teased, even as he dramatically flipped his head so the thick fur atop his head was ruffled in a dashing way. It would seem the ex-medicine cat apprentice’s fate was sealed, whether she liked it or not.

“Hawkshine!” The newly minted deputy greeted his sister with a jovial tone, pleased to see at least one other capable warrior would be among them. Of course he had no doubt of his own abilities to protect a previous pacifist and a newly named apprentice, but it was always nice to have someone else to share the burden with- or rather, divert the blame onto if something went wrong. Sadly, even his sister wouldn’t be safe from many of his shortcomings.

Letting her settle in to eat what was clearly her breakfast, he watched his apprentice scurry up to the older patrol members. Heavyroar knew he was the best choice for a mentor, obviously, and knew this was a good pairing on Wildstar’s part. Shootingpaw would have what it took to keep up with the deputy, and the deputy had plenty to teach the rambunctious youth.

With a large, meaty paw, he reached out to pull Shootingpaw into his side and give him a firm noogie. “And last but not least, my adored apprentice! The gang’s all here,” he cheered, finally relinquishing his choke hold on the younger tom. “Ah-ah-ah. I’m the deputy, I decide what this patrol is.” He loved his sister, but he wasn’t about to make this easy for Morningspirit. She had yet to be tested, after all!

“This will be a border patrol, with just a side of hunting. We’re heading for the triangle where out territory meets WindClan’s and ShadowClan’s,” he proclaimed, jumping to his paws with a flourish. Clearly he believed they should be in awe and highly pleased of his decision. “Now, the day’s wasting. Let’s go give Shootingpaw a first patrol he’ll never forget!”

And with that, he was proudly leading his patrol out of camp.

jasper
    Participant
    Mirangeflicker
    Thunderclan warrior

Blue green hues gleaming in the shadows of the warrior den the molly had watched the commotion play out in the clearing. Taking pity for some that got called on to join the border/hunting patrol she debated if she wanted to deal with the leader of the group’s arrogance, on one hand she could relax and hang around camp while on the other hand she could see what kind of nonsense the tom would cause. If she was completely honest she would be completely baffled if everything were to go completely smoothly not a single hiccup during the entirety of the patrol, granted she was sure something was bound to happen even if it was completely minor.

Memories of the duo’s apprenticeship and their rather off putting fling she couldn’t help but wonder what the leader had seen in this tom that just persuaded them into picking them as the new deputy and not someone who didn’t have an ego the size of the moon. She could list all the potential choices they could have gone with but atlas that never happened and she was stuck listening to this felines’ nonsense. The molly was normally a friendly feline who tend to be rather soft spoken but this cat just really got underneath her fur, the ego this cat seemed to have was something left to the unimaginable, how could someone hold themselves on such a high pedal stool was beyond her.

Knowing she’d regret her decisions later the bobcat molly stepped forward clearing her throat as she cocked an eyebrow. “If you don’t mind I think I’ll tag along with you guys, I have nothing better to do today so what better excuse than to go out and do things in the territory.” She calmly said her ears flickering as she studied the small group. Regardless what anyone said she was still going to tag along, maybe branch off later on if things got boring for her which she was sure was going to happen. Dipping her head towards the others who too had to endure this kind of pain she smiled warmly, “If that’s okay with you guys of course” More indicating towards the trio then the deputy himself.

Missa
    Participant

Shootingpaw

Shootingpaw let out a small ‘Oof!‘ as Heavyroar grabbed him and gave him a firm noogie. The apprentice having a smile on his face the whole time as he thought it was one of the best days in his life, to receive a noogie by Heavyroar! He couldn’t wait to tell his new friends later.

Once Heavyroar released him, he shook his head to gather himself before standing up with his tail high and his eyes shining in pride, this was his first patrol and he was going to make a hell of an impression out of the warriors in front of him! He wanted to make them proud. He went to stand by his mentor and stomped a paw on the ground as he looked at the cats in front of him “The sky is beautiful today, the birds are starting to sing again and we’re going to have the best patrol ever! If anything happens in the event of a fox or badger attack, Heavyroar and I will take care of you all as you flee to safety, it is completely normal to be scared but we will hold them off for you.” Shootingpaw explained, even if he didn’t have enough fighting training since he just became an apprentice, he would do whatever it took to make sure everyone came out safe.. Besides, Heavyroar was smart, he would know what to do!

Shootingpaw hopped slightly at his paws as Heavyroar told them what they were doing for the patrol, the orange-black tom nodded eagerly as he listened carefully to Heavyroar and once he was finished, his tail waved in approval and applause “Great thinking Heavyroar! We’ll get two things done at once. We’ll make this patrol a wonderful time for all of us! What could go wrong?” Shootingpaw said as he had the biggest grin on his face as he watched as Heavyroar was leaving the camp proudly and he started to follow him, before looking at Hawkshine and Morningspirit “Come on Slowpokes! We’re off to have an adventure!” He called and once he saw Mirangeflicker joining he waved his tail in greeting

“Come on! The more friends the merrier! Turn that frown upside down and let’s go!” He called as he followed his mentor towards the direction of the woods, his tail raised and his eyes shining.. This was the best day ever and it was just the start of it!

Howls
    Participant

Hawkshine

An ear twitched, tilting back slightly at her brother’s admonishment, but she accepted his words with a nod. Surely he knew what he was doing- though that didn’t stop her from worrying over the former medicine cat accompanying them. But it was just a border patrol, plus some hunting on their way back. What could go wrong?

She turned a fond smile towards Shootingpaw, easily warming up to the eager youngster. Heavyroar would have his paws full with this one, no doubt, but she wasn’t concerned about that. He could handle it. Chuckling softly, she flicked her bushy tail over the small cat’s ears. “I’ll help ya look for a nice present for lil Oatkit,” she promised, pale blue eyes warm as he started puffing out his chest, proudly stating his intentions to protect them in case of emergency- despite his lack of training. She let him babble on, smile lingering as he bounced after his mentor. Oh, how it was to be young, the world full of excitement and promise.

She neatly discarded the remains of her breakfast, rising to follow the patrol out, when a voice made her pause. She turned to blink at Mirageflicker as she approached last-second, requesting to accompany them. A soft snort of amusement escaped her muzzle, remembering the tension that lingered between the two throughout their youth. This would be interesting, indeed. Deferring to her brother, she simply turned a questioning gaze his way. Surely they had room for one more, though she had a feeling the she-cat wasn’t particularly excited to join them. 

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Howls.
    Pheebs
    Participant

I honestly have no idea why you were made deputy. Morningspirit bit her tongue and remained silent. Heavyroar was- something else, definitely. His entire personality was explosive and bright, but she had to wonder if there was any depth to him. She wasn’t familiar with the excitable tom, and she reassured herself that Kass- Wildstar- knew what she was doing when she elected Heavyroar.

“A b-bo-border patr-trol?” The golden tabby flinched, her frown marring otherwise pretty features. Great, yes, a patrol and hunting. I mean, that’s- what else is there! She swallowed hard and stood perhaps a hair too close to Hawkshine, suspecting she would be the only ally Morning had in this patrol. At least when it all crashed into a mess, she could have a witness. “Yes, Miss Kass, I broke my leg or shattered my rib because your deputy thought this ‘patrol’ idea was fantastic.” Perfect.

“Hi, Mirage.” Morningspirit smiled kindly, youthful sweetness smoothing out her stressed edges. The scowl etched to her face shifted slightly- still a grimace, but possibly a smile.

(sorry, it’s short)

pyro
    Participant

HEAVYROAR.

“Mirageflicker,” the deputy greeted brightly after the rest of the patrol, clearly not put off that she seemed to be pretending he wasn’t there. He was Heavyroar, he was impossible to forget! Sometimes maybe for not the best reasons, but well, he had never claimed to be a saint. “Well Shootingpaw says you can come, so fall in line!” It was said as if his apprentice’s decisions and words carried as much weight and respect as the deputy’s own, which they almost did, in his mind. He was going to teach Shootingpaw how to be an amazing warrior, and the first step was instilling confidence.

Patrol increased by one, the light brown tabby soon remembered what it was that they were doing. “Follow the leader,” he declared, nudging Shootingpaw right along with him. The poor apprentice probably tripped and stumbled more often than not, trying to keep up with Heavyroar’s laughably longer legs, but clearly the deputy was excited to start training a mini-me.

They covered ground quickly once they had gotten out of camp and going, the border already drawing into sight. He slowed his gait, turning to his orange and black apprentice with a grin. “What do you smell, Shooting?” If anyone else dared to answer, he might just have to cuff them upside the head for ruining a youngster’s learning moment.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums ThunderClan ThunderClan Territory watch your step [patrol, open]