Warm Spring Days [Cherry/Roaring]

Forums ThunderClan ThunderClan Camp Warm Spring Days [Cherry/Roaring]

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Nettlenose
    Participant

“Aha, I’ve got you now!” Cherrypaw crowed proudly as Roaringpaw started his dramatic tumble backwards in reaction to her swat. However, her words were meaningless as he doubled back and greeted her with a storm of softly laid swipes by his own limbs. She attempted to duck away, but approached it all from the wrong angle and was met by the soft battering of his paws, letting out an over-the-top gasp as she tossed herself to the side.

Emerald eyes glancing over, she released a steadily growing giggle at the embarrassed expression on the other apprentice’s face from the way he had clumsily fallen, a look of sheer joy on her own face from the fun she was having. She felt light, and happy, a nice relaxing difference from the focused and intensity of training to be a warrior. “You make a great badger, Roaringpaw.” The ginger she-cat commented with an amused smile, rolling back to her paws and shaking off her pelt before sitting down, staring down at him with a little grin.

“Your mentor must be really proud for training such mighty beast.” Cherrypaw added with another merry laugh, though she imagined his fighting techniques were much different when he was seriously training.

Hareflight [Mel]
    Participant

Her laughs were contagious, and Roaringpaw found himself grinning ear to ear and laughing along with her. As she complimented his badger-y skills, he puffed out his chest proudly. Then, more genuinely, he said, “And you’ll make a great warrior. You’ve got the skills and the heart for it.” Then, he chuckled again, flicking his tail dismissively. “Oh yes, she’s very proud of me.” Then, his head tilted for a moment, his face thoughtful. He leaned into Cherrypaw, his voice a whisper. “Do you want to go out for a hunt? We don’t have to tell anyone. It can be a secret,” he purred, blue eyes lighting up. He jumped to his paws, tail swaying. “Come on, Cherrypaw, it’ll be fun! I’ll teach you!” He grinned, and the joy in his face was clear. He jumped from paw to paw in excitement as the cream-coloured cat waited for her answer. “Or are you a scaredy-mouse?”

Nettlenose
    Participant

The young ginger she-cat tilted her head when she was told she would make a great warrior, and then smiled warmly, appreciating the words. Roaringpaw was the first to decare this about her, and it meant a lot for her to get the approval of another apprentice. “Well if you’re as good at being a warrior as you are a badger, you might be the best in the clan.” She purred, amused by the analogy she had made.

As the tom leaned into her, she glanced over at him, her emerald eyes curious, and at his words a soft gasp escaped her lips. She felt a rush of adrenaline quite instantly at the suggestion that they leave the camp for a secretive hunt, her white-tipped tail beginning to swish amongst the ground, as if she couldn’t bare to sit still. “A hunt…? Just us?” Cherrypaw echoed quietly, wondering if Roaringpaw was being serious. At his accusation that she was too cowardly go, the molly huffed, her white chest puffing out. “As if! I’m not at all mouse-hearted!” She defended stubbornly, though her gaze dropped to her paws.

But…” The apprentice trailed off before looking over to him with a small, concerned frown. “What if we get caught? That would be really bad, wouldn’t it?

Hareflight [Mel]
    Participant

He grinned, his blue eyes fixed on her curiously, his head tilted. “Yes, just us!” His smile grew and his tail flicked behind him, amusement dancing in his eyes. However, some of the amusement died at her concern and he waved a paw dismissively. “We won’t get caught,” he insisted, puffing out his chest proudly and raising his chin. “I’ve been trained in being stealthy, and as long as we’re not out for long, no one will even notice we’re gone!”

However, his eyes clouded over with worry for his new friend, and he tilted his head, nudging her gently. “But hey, if you’re really worried, we don’t have to. We can stay in camp and find something to do!” He smiled encouragingly, shuffling his paws.

Nettlenose
    Participant

Had it not been for Roaringpaw’s confidence, Cherrypaw would have surely declined, but then way he straightened himself out and carried himself with such assurance seemed to sway her. The ginger she-cat’s eyes brightened again, and she gave a nod.

Ok…ok, let’s do it then. I want a lesson though, so promise me you’ll give me one!” She chided, growing more enthused as she thought about their adventure out of camp. How exciting it would be to show Antlercreek her improved skills later on! He would he so delighted!

Cherrypaw jumped to her feet, emerald eyes shining. “Hurry up slow poke, we should go before someone notices! Or…is it best to go when the sun sets…?”

Hareflight [Mel]
    Participant

Blue eyes took in the sight of camp for a few long moments as Roaringpaw glanced around. Then, sufficiently satisfied that no one was going to spot them, Roaringpaw quietly bounded forward, dragging his long tail along her side in silent encouragement. He only glanced back once as he ducked out of the camp entrance, making sure she was following close behind him and not drawing much attention to them.

Once he was outside of camp, he fluffed out his cream coloured fur, opening his mouth to check nearby scents before glancing back at his companion. “Follow me, Cherrypaw!” He exclaimed, scurrying forward once more, in search of the place Dreamfeather had taken him to hunt. As he started to get further into the brush, he slowed his walk, glancing over at her. “Watch this, and then see if you can copy me.” He instructed, smiling.

Roaringpaw then dropped into a crouch. His belly was low to the ground, but not to the point where his belly brushed against the forest floor, and his tail was level with his body. “You have to make sure your tail doesn’t hit the ground or it alerts the prey. Then you just shuffle forward like this,” He said, stalking forward in his crouch.

(( Should we switch to territories now?))

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums ThunderClan ThunderClan Camp Warm Spring Days [Cherry/Roaring]