Useful or Useless?

Forums RiverClam RiverClan Camp Useful or Useless?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Feared
    Participant

Goosefur ~ RiverClan Warrior

Sage green eyes were bored-ly gazing around the camp, pupils narrowed slightly. However he was anything from bored and rather concerned, he had taken part of the battle but he was unsure if Sharkpaw had been part of the battle. One thing was for sure that he had noticed Sharkpaw’s mentor had been present, her white pelt was an easy marker. Whats her name? He wondered silently, ear twitching slightly for a moment as he tried to concentrate. The back of his head was stinging slightly from the thin claw marks he had received from a tall but slender WindClan male, although Goosefur had given the other Tom a good bite to his forepaw. Smirking at the thought of the Tom limping around this morning, while he had a mere claw swipe to the back of his head. However, while he was briefly stuck in his own thoughts he just so happened to spot the pale pelt belonging to Swanpath. Grunting, the large tomcat propelled himself from his sitting position to where he was now stalking towards the she-cat. His long furred coat was sleeked back as it was always well groomed, his father believed in having a clean appearance and holding yourself with pride. Despite the fact that Stonefall was no longer on this earth, he still found himself following most of the protocols… hard to forget when it was beaten into you. White whiskers pulled back as he finally walked up to the she-cat.

“Have you seen my useless little brother around?” Goosefur decided not to greet her, he really didn’t see the point. Although he did care about Sharkpaw, he had a funny way of showing it, since he hardly ever showed compassion. And truly the other only sibling he cared for was Redflower and it wasn’t much different from how he usually acted. The three toned male noticed that one of her eyes was almost completely swollen shut, but he didn’t care. Clearly she wasn’t careful enough. He kept himself from grinning, while he also allowed himself to gaze around as if he truly wasn’t interested. Although he licked his dry lips and looked back down at the she-cat, arching a single brow. “Perhaps you can’t really see if Sharkpaw has been around.” He smirked, but found himself irritated as he looked around the camp once more, searching for the familiar silver-grey hues that marked their particular bloodline.

Pheebs
    Participant

Swanpath growled, frustrated with her impaired vision. Her eye had swollen up and the fresh scar stretching from her jaw and up near her forehead was scabbing uncomfortably and the other few scratches she’d received certainly didn’t help with her discomfort. Swanpath was by no means a vain cat but even she knew the scars that littered her face were ugly. The recent one crossing over her eye left Swan slightly self conscious, because she knew how horrible it looked, especially with her eye swollen shut. 

“Have you seen my useless little brother around?” Swanpath’s ears pricked, green and gold eyes flicking over to eye the tom. She instinctively took a step back, willing her fur to lie flat. The tom’s next words drew out a small snarl from the warrior, but at least she finally remembered who this warrior was.

“You must be Goosefur,” Swan’s voice dripped with disdain, muzzle wrinkled with the hints of another snarl. “I could tell from the pelt and the fact that you decided to forego politeness. You must think yourself clever to insult my injury, truly, a low blow.” ‘But what can I expect from one of Stonefall’s kits.’ The creamy white molly straightened her stance, slowly approaching the other warrior and circling him once before sitting down in front of him.

“Moving past the topic of your distasteful lack of manners, why in Starclan’s name would I tell you where Sharkpaw is?” Swanpath asked, steadying Goosefur with a signature glare. “I doubt you have a caring bone in your body, Goosefur.” Which, okay, perhaps she was being harsh… But Swanpath wasn’t a faultless being and if she felt the need to establish her own protectiveness for her apprentice with a rude remark she wouldn’t be apologizing. Sharkpaw was an anxious little tom and Swan couldn’t keep her own maternal side from going a bit over protective for the silver apprentice.

Feared
    Participant

Goosefur wasn’t surprised with the anger that he was met with as Swanpath snarled faintly and looked up at him with her single good eye with a look that reminded him of distain. He of course was used to getting such expressions, he was one of Stonefall’s children. Emotions were usually beaten from them as young apprentice’s, but some habits were hard to break and his worry for Sharkpaw was certainly strong, although he tried to push it to the back of his mind. “Oh, how lovely, you know my name.” He sneered softly, but ignored the jab of her pointing out that he insulted her injuries, but he could really care less. His mind was focused on Sharkpaw and if he was hurting this she-cats feelings… then was he really any better than Stonefall? His tongue clicked against the roof of his mouth as his sage green eyes flickered once more towards Swanpath as she gathered his attention. As Swanpath circled him, his ears stood upright in order to track her movements but he forced himself to relax but he was instantly reminded of how Stonefall and Blossomfire would do the same whenever he was insubordinate.

Finally the white furred molly cake back into view as she sat down, she was obviously protective of his littler brother and whether she knew it or not… Sharkpaw was so lucky. Perhaps if his own mentor had cared so much then maybe… just maybe he would have been protected from his own father. However, he blinked himself out of his thoughts when Swanpath accused him of not having a single caring bone in his body, his own body going rigid as he found her remark to be… inspiring. He was still able to appear cold and uncaring, but… maybe that wasn’t the complete case. He was here asking about Sharkpaw? Slowly he smirked and slowly breathed in before he breathed out of his mouth and spoke. “Simmer down, Swanpath. Was Sharkpaw at the battle or not?” He questioned, his tone rather flat but it was the best he could do without sounding aggressive. “He isn’t the best at conflict. So I figured you out of everyone here..” He paused and took a moment to slowly look around camp before his green eyes landed in Swanpath and narrowed. “You would be my best bet.” He finally meowed and slowly stood up and took a little step forward. “Is my little brother, okay?” Goosefur was done playing around her feelings, his expression appeared cold and unmoved but his eyes were shimmering with worry.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Feared.
    Pheebs
    Participant

“No, of course he wasn’t.” Swanpath would’ve allowed the tom to come to any other battle, but knowing that tensions were high had set her on edge and she knew that any battle could become… messy. She didn’t want Sharkpaw in a compromising situation, not when he had so little confidence. She wanted to see Sharkpaw mature in his self-assurance before testing his skills in real situations, fearing that a failure would send Shark spiraling into a cycle of self-hate or embarrassment, or something equally damaging.

“Is my little brother okay?” ‘Little brother’? Swanpath’s head tilted to the side as she studiously ignored Goosefur’s question. ‘Little brother’… Goosefur could’ve said anything other than that, but he’d chosen those words. Interesting. The white-furred warrior shifted back, re-establishing a solid distance from the large tom. “Perhaps I was too quick in speaking, I can see you do have the smallest bit of sensitivity there. Somehow.” The older warrior rose to her paws, jerking her head towards the fresh-kill pile. “Come, eat with me.”

Swanpath led the way, her confident stride leaving no room to argue. If Goosefur really wanted to receive any information about his brother, he’d have to win her over somehow. She knew the kind of abuse and manipulation that went on in Sharkpaw and Goosefur’s family, familiar with it from her own experience with Flinthawk, and wasn’t about to trust any of Stonefall’s kits without reason.

Feared
    Participant

He tried to suppress the relief that he felt from knowing that Sharkpaw had not been at the Great Battle. The battle had been fierce and only a few had lost their life’s but Sharkpaw was young and he knew within his cold heart that it would just about break him if Sharkpaw had been gravely injured. Now was that so hard to say? The grey and white tomcat snorted slightly, trying his best to mask the relief that had softened his facial features. Pupils narrowed slightly when the she-cat suddenly stopped circling him and moved to where she was now sitting down but watching him with a very curious and yet serious eye. The fur along his neck began to rise with how uncomfortable he was beginning to become, clearing his throat. “Finally.” He meowed in response to her answering his question about Sharkpaw, although Swanpath didn’t appear to be done with his just yet.

Instead he found himself stuck in her single eyed stare, shock filtering throughout his system when Swanpath finally spoke, his own eyes narrowing as she accused him of holding the smallest trace of sensitivity. Although, he found that he could not answer her with any retort, for she wasn’t wrong. Despite being a child of Stonefall and Blossomfire, his compassion had nearly been beaten out of him… but he had managed to hold on. Such things couldn’t be said for the rest of his siblings. As she rose to her paws, he looked away from her for a brief moment, his sage green eyes flashing towards the ground before his ear twitched as she order him to follow. Her voice held little argument. Grunting, he pushed himself to follow after the pale furred she-cat, his eyes watching her confident stride. What could he say? For once he felt at a loss for words as he felt struck by Swanpath, she had managed to notice his quiet compassion for Sharkpaw’s safety and now she was commanding him around.

Dark pink nostrils flared for a brief moment as they reached the fresh-kill pile, his pelt twitching as a few cats were glancing their way. Swanpath was a compassionate warrior but she had a firm stance and for her to be seen willingly with a child of Stonefall’s.. it was off. “I prefer the trout.” Goosefur meowed tartly as Swanpath was pondering their choices. He lifted an eyebrow as she chose anything other but a trout, a gleam in her eye as she turned away and led him towards the edge of camp as they settled down. Goosefur sat in front of Swanpath, he didn’t feel comfortable enough to sit side by side with her. “So.” He finally meowed, breaking the silence. “Why would you want to eat with me? You know who I am.” Goosefur grunted, testing back on his left shoulder as he gazed at the she-cat. What was her game?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums RiverClam RiverClan Camp Useful or Useless?