Skip to toolbar

Unwelcome Confessions

Forums RiverClam RiverClan Territory Fishing Stones Unwelcome Confessions

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Feared
    Participant

Troutstrike ~ RiverClan Warrior

Paws shuffled uneasily as the brown tabby tomcat looked towards the brightly colored calico as she sat down and listened to the daily report from her deputy. Wisteriastar was always a beauty, Troutstrike had grown up with the molly, the two had been apprentices together and although he was a bit older, he always cared for her. But his cowardice towards actually confining his adoration for her, kept him from telling her for all these years. He breathed in slowly through his pink nose before releasing the deep breath from his mouth. He was going to do this. She didn’t have a mate, all of her kits were grown. Maybe she would be interested in wanting to get to know him better. Troutstrike doubted it but he was trying to be optimistic, pushing himself up from his sitting position as he could tell from her facial expression that she was getting ready to dismiss Darktorrent. He was a handful anyways.

Paper-thin ears twitched at the sound of her voice and it made his heart skip a beat for a brief moment before he cleared his throat. Orange eyes suddenly looking into orange as the RiverClan leader turned her chin in order to look towards him boredly. “Good evening, Wisteriastar. I was wondering if I could speak to you alone?” Troutstrike asked, his voice deep and smooth but his wildly beating heart within his chest was giving away his nerves. Whiskers twitching slightly as the she-cat gave her answer, she must’ve been mildly curious towards whatever he had to say. Dipping his head respectfully, although he wasn’t very interested in speaking within her den, he felt like that was an uncomfortable setting. “Perhaps down near the fishing stones would be a better choice?” Troutstrike offered and tilted his head, the tip of his tail twitching as he looked towards the molly.

Somehow she had agreed and now he was leading Wisteriastar towards the fishing stones of the calm river, pressing his lips together in nervousness before he inhaled deeply before turning his chin towards Wisteriastar. “You’ve been quite busy, here lately.” Troutstrike commented with a brief smile before he slowed his pace and came to a stop as he watched the molly. No going back now. “Wisteriastar, I… I know this may seem sudden. But I have admired you since we were young apprentices and even to this day my feelings have only grown stronger for you.” Troutstrike explained, his expression softening as he gazed upon Wisteriastar. “I would be honored to court you.” Troutstrike finally let it all out, his feelings out in the open.

Tori
    Participant

– W I S T E R I A S T A R

As the day was progressing to the end of the sun’s reign and the warmth of its light was starting to fade, it was time for her to hear Darktorrent’s patrol reports. It seemed that nothing was out of the ordinary, RiverClan territory was recovering from the flood and the damage their clan had suffered seemed to be minimal in the end. He’s turned out to be a fine deputy, the calico leader thought to herself, finding that her initial doubts were for naught. It put her at ease to know that her clan was once again heading in a positive direction. 

“Alright, thank you, Darktorrent. You may go,” she dismissed her deputy with a flick of her feathery tail, and she started to pick her thoughts about what her next course of action for the day would be before her inner monologue was interrupted. Her head whipped around to see none other than Troutstrike, asking for a moment of her time. She and the tom had been apprentices at the same time, though she couldn’t recall being all that close with him as she had spent most of her apprenticeship with Heronflight, her previous deputy. Of course she didn’t have anything against her clanmate, it was simply that they had never necessarily been good friends– as far as she was aware, anyway. That was how she saw it. 

Then the tabby tom was asking to speak with her, her tattered ears flicked in curiosity, as most of the clan never asked to speak with her privately unless it was a serious matter. “Of course, let’s head to my den and we can speak there–“ she began, only to be cut off by the other feline as he suggested the fishing stones instead for their talk. Now she was even more curious about what was so important. What did he have to say to her that was so dire he couldn’t talk with her in the privacy of her own den? “Very well,” she accepted, swallowing a sigh. Anyone that knew the noble calico knew that she did not like to have her decisions challenged, but she seemed to have agreed with his wishes somewhat easily without a retort. Wisteriastar told Darktorrent that she would be going out but that she would return shortly, should her Clan need to know where she was in case of another flash flood emergency. 

The RiverClan leader walked with the warrior as they reached the fishing stones, the air between them silent and chilly as neither of them uttered a word on the walk there. As the two of them reached the bank, she decided to take a seat upon one of the larger stones and place her tail over her paws. “What did you have to say that was so important, then?” She questioned, turning her orange eyes onto Troutstrike once more. 

And then all of a sudden, things were spiraling out of control and all she could do was watch in shock, her eyes rounding uncontrollably in surprise as the tom confessed having feelings for her and a desire to court her as a mate. Wisteriastar’s heart plummeted to her stomach and her breath caught in her throat. What was she supposed to say to that? For a moment, she truly did not know. Dread numbed her paws as she thought of Hornetstar, a tom she had already taken as her mate but a fact that had been kept secret to their Clans, as her affair with the ShadowClan leader was clearly not knowledge that could be publicly known. 

“Troutstrike, I…” The leader hesitated for but a moment, still trying to gather her words, “I’m sorry but I just don’t see you that way.”

Feared
    Participant

Troutstrike ~ RiverClan Warrior

Orange eyes narrowed slightly as he could see her expression deadpan from irritation that one of her warriors wanted to speak with her out of the confinement of her den. It was too stuffy in there and he felt more comfortable in the open. Although he could see from the way that her eyes stared emptily at him that she was surprised that he had feelings at all for her but it was clear from the slightly awkward expression that she was wearing… she wasn’t the least bit interested. He tried hard to keep his emotions in check, he knew that this could happen but he had been hoping for a different reaction at least. Her mate, Brightfoot, was dead and had been now for quite a few moons. He made sure to let her have a moderate amount of time to get over her previous mate, but as far as he knew she wasn’t romantically involved with anyone within the clan. It was odd that she would decline him so quickly, but he slowly nodded and pressed his lips together.

After an awkward moment of silence he cleared his throat and gave a wary smile. “That’s why I wanted to do this outside…” He said slowly before he straightened out his form, it was very disappointing that she wouldn’t even give him a chance, but what more could he have expected? She never really noticed him beforehand, perhaps it was wishful thinking. “I’m sorry to make things so awkward.” He apologized but that’s all he would apologize for, he did fancy her, although he couldn’t exactly say he was in love with her since he didn’t know her personally, but he had been hoping to change that. Troutstrike had never taken on a mate before, he wasn’t interested in having kits but he was interested in having an emotional attachment to someone. This anxiety clawing at his chest made him gaze curiously at Wisteriastar. “I’m sorry but I have to ask… why are you not interested? Be honest, I can take it but.. I hope it haven’t made you uncomfortable.” Troutstrike smiled hesitantly. “I, uh. I’m sure you get this all the time from other toms in the clan. I’m not upset but I am curious.” He admitted, was it because they were both older felines? Was it because he was just a mere warrior? He did his duties and he was proud of his position within the clan but even he knew he didn’t really excel to the top ranks in the clan, but he was a loyal tom.

Tori
    Participant

– W I S T E R I A S T A R – 

I’m sorry to make things so awkward, those words made the RiverClan leader want to scoff. He doesn’t know the half of it, she thought to herself. But she wasn’t the type who would laugh at someone’s earnest feelings, especially when being honest was likely a difficult thing that took a certain amount of courage to begin with. Wisteriastar could respect that and she wouldn’t scorn him for it. He had no way of knowing her true circumstances, anyway. To most of her Clan, she appeared to be a former queen with grown kits and mateless on top of it. Surely, a certain number of her clanmates wondered if she would continue on for the rest of her life without a romantic partner or not at this point, as Brightfoot passed away moons ago…

Her tattered ears pricked when Troutstrike questioned her reasoning for denying him. Why do toms feel like they’re entitled to everything? The calico had heard this before– a lot of toms didn’t like rejection as it is but there was another type of cat that felt like they were simply born with the right to get what they wanted, whether they deserved it or not. “I just don’t see you romantically, we’ve always been clanmates and that’s just how it is,” Wisteriastar told him, her words blunt but honest, “I’m sorry that I can’t give you a better reasoning.” After all, no one really expected her to out herself with her secret relationship with the ShadowClan leader, did they?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums RiverClam RiverClan Territory Fishing Stones Unwelcome Confessions