Two Lives Lost (Wolf&Golden)

Forums WindClan WindClan Camp WindClan Leader’s Den Two Lives Lost (Wolf&Golden)

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Feared
    Participant

Goldenrose ~ WindClan Warrior 

Tears were beginning to stream from her eyes, although not so much because she was in terrible pain, but more so from the collision of her jaw and his forehead. Her system had been taken back and the sting of it all caused the tears that clouded her vision, she didn’t even really notice the dull ache in her side from where he had been thrashing about in his sleep. “No… no you didn’t.” She lied in a weak voice, her jaw right and her facial expression strained. Even through her clouded vision she could see Wolfstar pushing himself up from his nest, causing her to shake her head. “No.. lay back down.” She insisted, but he was too stubborn to listen, especially when it came to her. So instead, she kept her mouth shut as his wary eyes roamed along her jaw and then her side, he seemed so worried that he had hurt her. “Wolfstar… stop saying you are sorry.. it’s okay. I’m okay.” She assured him, her nose gently touching his own nose when he looked at her. 

She frowned as he continued to stay in his little world of guilt, helping her to her paws, although she was unsteady at first. It didn’t take long for her eyes to dry, clearing her throat for a moment as he words finally started to sink in. “A dream..?” The white and rose gold patched fae arched an eyebrow in his direction before he moved back to lay down, the way his legs shook before he dropped down into the moss nest had most certainly caught her attention. Poppy seeds.. She thought to herself, giving a faint nod as she figured she would ask for the little black seeds so her mate could sleep without these troubling nightmares. “Of course.. I’ll ask Nettlenose if she has any.” She tried to smile but the muscles in her jaw were too tight, causing her to wince before she looked at Wolfstar. His big blue eyes were soft and sad, causing her to move towards the big Tom, laying beside of him as she looked at the top of his head. “I’ll be okay.. it was just a bump, Love. I know you didn’t mean it. I was too close.” She teased softly, licking his cheek and forehead gently to reassure the big cat that she held no ill feelings. 

“Wolfstar.. is something troubling you?” She questioned, leaning back so she could look at his handsome face in order to read his emotions. “I tried to wake you from your dream… you looked…” She trailed off, knowing the word she wanted to use but she decided she wouldn’t press him. “I just want you to be okay.. you mean the world to me.” Goldenrose whispered softly to her mate, tenderly rubbing her cheek against his own. Perhaps, some water filled moss and poppy seeds would help put her mates mind at rest. 

Wolfstar
    Participant

Even though Goldenrose told him to stop apologizing for accidentally smacking her, he still felt quite guilty and he looked down at his paws, ears forward with frustration. Why was it so hard for Wolfstar to move on from things that happened to him? He lost a life from grief because he couldn’t move on. And now he’s having nightmares and smacking his own mate! Wolfstar’s white-tipped ear flicked when Goldenrose spoke again, noticing the heaviness of her worry in her words even when she tried to tease him. He looked up at her once again and tilted his head when she asked what was bothering him. What isn’t bothering me right now?

Coalpaw died an awful death. A death I am very familiar with. Twice. We have strange cats living near us who are very unfamiliar and the other Clans don’t seem to care or want to talk about it. My own apprentice thinks it’s okay to run off and do things his own way. I loved seeing my daughter, Blizzardfall, when I was in StarClan but then I woke up to her gone again. And I can’t even stand without my knees giving out and falling to the floor! I have nightmares about dying the way I did every single time I fall asleep. That’s what is troubling me. And not only that, but it is expected of me to keep my sanity so I can do what StarClan chose me to do: lead. I don’t know why they would want me to lead WindClan when I feel like I can’t get my own shit together!” It was very unlike Wolfstar to say a curse word, but at the same time…it felt really good. After ranting about his troubles, it felt like a log was lifted off of his shoulders and he was able to breathe again. His expression turned from furious to exhaustion and relief. 

Wolfstar’s ears grew warm with embarrassment, and he gave Goldenrose an apologetic look. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to go off, but I needed to say it all. I was holding it in and I feel like I never got a chance to let it all out.” He was sure Goldenrose felt doubt about becoming his mate now. Who wouldn’t? When they were falling in love, he tried to show his strength and kept himself together, and now it was like someone flipped a switch and he was the complete opposite. I need to get back to my strong self. 

Feared
    Participant

Eyes narrowed when Wolfstar looked up at her after she had questioned what was bothering him, she could tell by the way he had tilted his head and the way his alluring blue eyes seemed wild and angry. Ears laying flat against her slim cranium as he started to go off on her, neck arching slightly for a moment before she took a step back so he could have his space while he yelled out his frustration to what StarClan was throwing his way right now. However, as he got everything off of his chest, his body posture and facial expression changed dramatically, although her eyes were still narrowed with irritation that he had chosen to use her question to release his frustration. Looking down at him as he suddenly realized what he had done, appearing embarrassed with his outburst on his mate. 

Slowly her tongue ran along her teeth as she tried to get her temper under control, she knew that he was upset with everything. Soft pink nostrils flared as she released the breathe she had been holding, pupils narrowed slightly before she slowly opened her mouth. “I understand you are feeling flustered with everything.” She spoke slowly, her voice having a dangerous ring to it as she slowly lifted her ears off of laying flat against her head. “I also am glad you feel better. But the next time you raise your voice to me.. you will be missing an ear and will have more things to worry about than how you lead a clan..” She warned, bright eyes dark with annoyance before she stood up and moved towards the entrance of the den, tail fluffed. “I will tell Nettlenose you are in need of poppyseeds and water.” She growled, pelt prickled. 

Wolfstar
    Participant

Wolfstar stared at Goldenrose when he noticed she was obviously annoyed with him raising his voice at her. He felt sorry once again for letting it out the way he did, but at the same time he felt much better. He glanced at her prickled pelt and didn’t know whether to stay surprised at her own snapping tone, or whether to twitch his whiskers with amusement at how delightfully charming she was right now. “Goldenrose,” he meowed, not wanting her to leave quite yet without him saying one last thing. “Goldenrose, I adore you. My frustration wasn’t directed at you in the slightest, but I shouldn’t have raised my voice. Although, you are very cute when you look like this. Kind of adorable.” He gave her a handsome smile, love glowing in his eyes as he gazed at the love of his life, hoping she couldn’t stay mad at him for too long. 

His mate usually kept herself calm and together, not letting anything bother her too much. It was nice seeing a little spunk come out of her, even if it was from him being a stupid furball. “I promise that won’t happen again. Now forgive me, harass Nettlenose for some poppy seeds, and then come back to your mate who promises he’ll be in a better mood. Although, I can’t promise he won’t fall asleep in the middle of talking...” He let out a soft chuckle, really hoping he was out of the dirt with Goldenrose and they could get back to their normal selves.

Feared
    Participant

Against her better judgement, she hesitated at the entrance of the den, turning her chin to peer over her shoulder towards her mate, eyes narrowing in annoyance. Although.. her name did sound rather bittersweet against his tongue. While he spoke, her facial expression softened just a tad, although her fur was beginning to lay back down, gazing at that handsome smile that was starting to brighten his facial features.. the smile she fell in love with. “Mhm..” She muttered crossly, eyeing him for a moment as she could see the love he held for her, although she was trying her hardest not to melt under his gaze. “It’ll take more than your sweet talking to win me over.” She smirked, playing hard to get, although truthfully he had already won her back… Goldenrose just couldn’t let him know that he calmed her that easily. 

Clearing her throat, her ear twitched slightly as he continued to speak, promising he would raise his voice as he had done beforehand. Eyeing him for a moment as he continued to use his charm against her, a slight sway of her tail giving away her sass. “Perhaps, you falling asleep would be a blessing.” Goldenrose meowed in a monotone voice, although her eyes gave away her playfulness and calm. Smirking in his direction, she started to slip out of the den, before she hesitated and spoke over her shoulder. “Oh.. and I am not adorable when I am mad.” She added, giving a sway of her hips before she slipped out of the den, ears warm with her mates behavior. She truly loved him, even when he dug at her nerves. “Poppy seeds and water..” she whispered under her breath, heading towards the medicine cat in order to retrieve the small black seeds so her mate could rest peacefully

Wolfstar
    Participant

Wolfstar could tell as soon as he finished speaking that he already won her over with his words. A playful smirk planted on his face and he wiggled his eyebrows in a goofy manner, hoping to make her laugh little. When she padded out of the den, with her hips swaying with sass and all, he couldn’t help but keep his smile and he placed his head on top of his white front paws. Letting out all that was bothering him made him already feel ten times better, and he prayed silently to StarClan that his nightmares would go away as well. 

I know I worry a lot, but I should also think about how grateful I am. Yes, he lost three lives so far. However, he still had six more than the rest of his Clanmates which was more than he could ever ask for. He lost Blizzardfall, but he still had six living kits and a mate he loved very much. He was also grateful Cremefur wasn’t upset with him about finding another love. He deserved to be happy after all, didn’t he? They lost Coalpaw, but their Clan was still strong and had several more apprentices who were already showing their strength and loyalty. Ups and downs happened in life, and Wolfstar needed to learn when to acknowledge the good and not focus on the depressing times. 

Wolfstar closed his eyes, but didn’t fall asleep quite yet. He very much wanted the poppy seeds to help him sleep without dreams, and he craved Goldenrose to be by his side once more.

Feared
    Participant

A soft roll of her eyes appeared when she stepped out from the den she shared with her mate, he could get under her fur at times, but truly she loved the goof ball. A soft laugh leaving her lips as she played back the image of his eyebrows wiggling in a goofy manner.. he always did manage to make her smile and laugh in dark times. Shaking her head, she smiled softly and made way for the medicine cat den. After having a rather interesting encounter with Startledpaw, she had been given three poppy seeds to ensure that her mate would sleep soundly. I wish there was more I could do. She thought silently to herself, her mouth full with carrying the large leave that contained the three poppy seeds and the two large moss balls that were heavy with water. Incase Wolfstar had fallen asleep once more, she quietly slipped through the entrance of the den, glancing in the direction of her mate while she carefully walked. 

Reaching the tomcat, she lowered her head to tenderly place the leaf of the ground, a soft sigh leaving her lips in relief that she hadn’t managed to drop anything. Looking towards her mate, she leaned toward him as her tongue tenderly licked at his cheek. “I got the poppy seeds and the moss balls.” She told him in a gentle voice, moving to push the leaf closer to him before she shifted to lay against him in the nest, her pelt pressed against his own. Nightmares or not. She wasn’t leaving this nest, she had already spent one night alone and that was all she intended on sleeping alone. 

Wolfstar
    Participant

Wolfstar’s ears opened and his eyes perked at the sound of a cat padding back into the den, smiling when he saw Goldenrose. A sigh of relief escaped from his lungs as he watched her drop the poppy seeds and moss balls full of water. He hated sipping water from the strange-flavored moss balls, but it was better than using up energy to walk all the way to the pool of water the cats used in the camp. “Thank you, my love,” he purred. He still felt guilty for shoving and smacking her during his sleep, and then raising his voice, but he knew once she forgave him, she also forgot. Now, he needed to move forward. 

The white and gray tom curled his tail around Goldenrose’s when she pressed her pelt against his, and he lapped up the poppy seeds she brought it. Poppy seeds didn’t have any flavor, thankfully. Most herbs Nettlenose gave him always had a foul stench and taste. “Hopefully I won’t have any nightmares. If I start to thrash around again, you better step out of my way. I don’t want to hurt you.” He raised an eyebrow at his mate, hoping she would listen to him, but also knowing he was with a very stubborn and caring she-cat and would do whatever she wanted anyways. 

Feared
    Participant

A soft purr vibrates from within her throat when he thanked her, giving him a small lick on his shoulder blade. “You’re welcome.” She spoke softly, watching as he peered down at the large leaf before he lapped up the poppy seeds, quickly disposing of the seeds that would help induce sleep. Skin tingling from the sensation of Wolfstars larger tail twining with her own, smiling as she too, returned the gesture. Ears perking upright when he turned his big head to look at her, the soft smile still planted on her lips even when he spoke. “I hope you don’t either.. but if you do, I’ll know to keep my head away from your own head.” She chuckled softly as she teased her mate, she could tell it still bothered him that he had hurt her.. and yet it hadn’t been intentional. Shifting slightly she gently licked his cheek, her purr growing a tad bit louder. “Do not worry yourself, my mate. Get some sleep.. I’ll be right here when you wake up.” Goldenrose whispered gently, her bright green eyes warm. 

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums WindClan WindClan Camp WindClan Leader’s Den Two Lives Lost (Wolf&Golden)