Trouble in Paradise

Forums WindClan WindClan Camp Trouble in Paradise

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Jetstream
    Participant

Tinyflame was returning from the morning’s border patrol with her former mentor wordlessly by her side. The two of them had not spoken on the entire trek back to camp since they had run into two ThunderClan cats at the border. She and Eveningstorm had disagreed on how to handle the situation, and furthermore, he had proceeded to flirt with one of the she-cats from their rival Clan at that. Of course, she did not keep her mouth shut and she stuck her nose in where it perhaps did not belong and he had let her know exactly how he felt about it. The former apprentice and mentor had been having a hard time with each other recently but now it appeared as though they were no longer suited to be anywhere near one another.

Of course this hurt her. Eveningstorm had not just been the cat to mentor her into warriorship but he was also one of her closest friends. And now, due to his bad habits and her bad temper, the two of them were at an odds seemingly repairable. Now, Tinyflame would have to talk to Owlbelly and tell him that she could no longer accompany the older warrior on patrols anymore. The small ginger warrior sighed heavily, her head hanging as she watched the dark-furred tom pad away from her without a second glance in her direction.

Tinyflame was just worried over how Eveningstorm chose to spend his free time and with the ridiculous way he went about it, maybe her methods weren’t the best and yes, maybe, she was becoming overbearing but couldn’t he see what he was doing? Frustrated now, she lashed her tail and glanced around the clearing to WindClan camp– maybe there was something useful she could else be doing with her time, rather than moping about her broken relationships. 

Finch
    Participant

Tugging woven mat of twigs with his teeth, Lakewind carefully manuvered himself out from the camp and towards the dirtplace. The amount of bones and other unwanted pieces of many meals piled high on the rickety structure he was moving, and he wondered if perhaps it would have been easier to just carry things individually. He’d tried that before, of course– it was much simpler– but the awful taste of bile or the ants that would collect on the scraps were what drove him mad to begin with.

Honestly, the ants were the worst part of the greenleaf that was just around the corner. It didn’t seem like anyone else was bothered much by them, but to the long-haired tom, they but a big damper on enjoying the abundance of prey and warm weather. So, unless he wanted a mouth full of the nasty critters, he’d have to continue using the mat. If only more cats cleaned up after themselves.

Walking backwards like he was, he didn’t notice Tinyflame until he’d almost come to stand directly beside her. Not being in any rush when he noticed his disgruntled company, he dragged the mat a little further away so it wasn’t beside them– how gross– and came back a moment to talk.

“Something bothering you?” he asked mildly, unsure if this was just about a hairball or something more serious– Eveningstorm had just disappeared into camp as well, smelling just as annoyed.

mahon [owl]
    Participant

owlbelly

The two-toned tom had a very nice sleep due to the fact that Startledpaw gave him honey and poppy seeds. After getting a well-deserved rest the tom felt his strength beginning to return to him. It took a bit of time, but Owlbelly finally admitted to himself that he was overworked and tired. The past few sunrises had been filled with stress that gave the deputy a physical reaction. He began coughing and shivering and needed to take the day off to heal. Pushing himself up with a stretch, the large warrior excited the warriors’ den and looked around at his clanmates, wondering what he should do. His amber eyes fell onto Tinyflame, who he had gone on a patrol with just the day before. Feeling compelled to spend time with her, the tall tom made his way towards her before watching as Lakewind beat Owlbelly to it. The long-haired tom seemed to be dragging scraps from the fresh-kill pile to discard of them, which Owlbelly couldn’t help but feel grateful for. Two extremely hard working warriors. 

As the windclanner began to approach the two, he noticed Tinyflame’s expression and heard Lakewind’s words. With a frown, he greeted the two before turning his attention to the much smaller feline. “You seem stressed.” Owlbelly paused, eyeing the tom for a moment before turning his gaze back to the ginger she-cat. “Feel free to trust us with whatever is going on.” Owlbelly murmured softly, looking down at her. The deputy was rather tall and broad-shouldered compared to the other clan members. He was given his fathers skyclanner build and therefore couldn’t help but always stand out and look over their heads. He found that it gave him an advantage on the battlefield as he could easily overpower his opponent, but had trouble keeping up with the rest of the windclanners in speed..

Jetstream
    Participant

The sound of debris dragging against the stone floor of the two-leg nest WindClan called home alerted the small warrior to the movement that came approaching her from the side. Tinyflame turned her head to find Lakewind tugging waste out across camp. Immediately, she jumped to her paws. “Do you need any help with that?” she offered, watching him struggle with its contents. However, it seemed that her offer would have to wait, for her Clanmate appeared to pick up on her troubled state fairly quickly.

Not long after, the pair was joined in by Owlbelly, who also inquired to her as to what the problem was. In all honesty, having the probing question only served to trouble her more, for Tinyflame did not want to get her former mentor in trouble. Eveningstorm hadn’t crossed borders yet to see Dreamfeather, and so, she decided that she would not tell his secret to anyone. It wasn’t yet that big of a problem.

Tinyflame dipped her head to the deputy before she replied, “Hello, Owlbelly. I hope you are feeling better since the last time I saw you,” the small warrior sat back down, wrapping her tail over her dainty paws. “Unfortunately, I cannot say that things are well with me and Eveningstorm anymore. I’ll have to request that we not be assigned to the same patrols for now on.”

Finch
    Participant

Straightening slightly upon Owlbelly’s arrival, Finchtail dipped his head respectfully in greeting. Though he hadn’t been very worried– Nettlenose was a skilled medicine cat– it was good to see the older tom back on his feet. Turning his gaze back to Tinyflame, he waited for her answer to Owlbelly and his own questions as she exchanged formalities only to be left shocked at her request to no longer be placed on patrols with her former mentor.

Had things really gone so poorly between them today? He wondered, wincing. Inter-clan feuds should be sorted out quickly, to prevent giving the other clans an opportunity to take advantage of a weakness. Moreover, it was upsetting to see old friends lose faith in each other. However, it would be Owlbelly’s decision on whether or not he would honor Tinyflame’s request.

Not considering why she might ask this in the first place, Lakewind’s mind was already drifting back to the mat of scraps he had been moving beforehand. As friendly and easygoing as he was, Lakewind wasn’t the sort of tom to help sort out the subtler aspects of life in the clans.

mahon [owl]
    Participant

owlbelly

The tom blinked in surprise at her words, wondering what could have caused a rift between two felines who seemed so close just a few sunrises ago. No matter, Owlbelly nodded his head and decided to respect the she-cats wishes. “Of course, Tinyflame. I hope you two solve your issues soon, though.” Despite his respectfulness, he couldn’t help but glance at Lakewind with curiosity-filled eyes. He paused, remembering that she mentioned his current state. “Thank you for your concern, I’m feeling much better.” Owlbelly didn’t want to admit to anyone else that he was overly stressed, especially since many of his clan members were also dealing with stress and didn’t fall ill as he did. The warrior had too much pride to show any sort of weakness, especially since he grew up constantly wanting to prove himself.

Glancing at the other warrior, Owlbelly gave him a warm smile. “And how are you, Lakewind? Doing some work?” The windclanner questioned, motioning his muzzle towards the woven twig mat. The tom couldn’t help but be thankful he was in a clan filled with hardworking warriors. While waiting for a response, Owlbelly couldn’t help but notice how nice the weather was. As greenleaf approached the clans, the weather became warm and the prey grey plentiful. And though Owlbelly had long and thick fur, he still enjoyed the weather. Turning his attention back to his companions, he eagerly awaited their responses. 

Jetstream
    Participant

Relief touched the small ginger warrior as Owlbelly granted her request without question. It was reassuring to her that the WindClan deputy had enough faith in her to deem that she had a good reason for asking in the first place and not to pry into what had happened between her and her former mentor. Though, with a glance towards Lakewind, Tinyflame noted that their companion did not quite feel as settled about the situation.

“Thank you, Owlbelly. I’m not sure for how long things will be like this, but I promise that it will not affect my warrior duties.” Her ginger head dipped towards the larger tom and she straightened back up once more. Her blue eyes also returned towards Lakewind at the inquiry towards his duties for the day. 

Finch
    Participant

Blinking once as his thoughts turned from curiosity back to the task at hand, the white tom cast a glance over to where he had left the garbage mat, crinkling his nose. “Nothing official, but the build up in camp had gotten a little bad so I figured to do some cleaning. The kits should have better toys to find than food scrapes, so I was going to take these away and fetch some moss balls or feathers.”

Hopefully it won’t seem odd to be looking out for the nursery’s needs when I don’t even have any kits, he thought to himself, feeling the tips of his ears warm slightly. For one of the larger toms in the clan thanks to his mixed blood, it might come off strangely for him to pay attention to small maternal details like this. Giving a sheepish grin, he looks between the two to gauge the reaction to his own thoughtless commentary.

mahon [owl]
    Participant

Owlbelly

“I should hope not.” Owlbelly let out a hearty chuckle, eyes filled with amusement. Though secretly, the tom was concerned. Eveningstorm and Tinyflame had always been close, as most mentor-apprentice relationships are. Inwardly, he hoped he and Sunpaw would not end up like these two, but he would never admit that out loud. “However, if I see that it is interfering with both of your duties or I see that it hasn’t resolved itself, I’ll make an effort to see that the issue is fixed.” The deputy added with a side glance. He trusted Tinyflame to be responsible and mature, but he wasn’t completely certain that the friendship could be mended without a bit of meddling. “I trust you to do what’s right, Tinyflame.” This time, his voice was soft and forgiving.

Turning his focus to Lakewind, he let out a fatherly smile that was accompanied by a purr. It was great to see the warriors taking action without being told what to do. “I’m glad to hear that you’re taking initiative. I’m sure the queens will appreciate it.” Owlbelly felt his amber gaze turn towards the nursery, eyes filled with longing and a pang of unspeakable sadness. Shaking the sudden negativity from his mind, he turned back to his companions, “Why don’t you two join me for some prey and sharing tongues.” He suggested with a murmur, motioning to the fresh-kill pile. “You can return to your duties after,” Owlbelly added, this time with a bit more confidence. It was difficult getting used to being given more responsibility, and he hoped that his clanmates respected him. Padding over to the pile, he sniffed out a large rabbit the three of them could share before flicking his tail to let them know to follow him. Settling down under a shady area, he dropped the prey from his jaws and nudged it towards them. “Go ahead.”

Jetstream
    Participant

“Thank you, Owlbelly.” Tinyflame dipped her head to the deputy, appreciating his fair decision on the personal matter between her and her mentor. He wasn’t too strict with her, and trusted her to handle it as long as it didn’t interfere with the Clan and that was all she could really ask for. The ginger warrior’s attention returned to Lakewind once more and the clutter he was gathering about in their camp. For kits? She thought, flicking an ear absentmindedly. She couldn’t, off the top of her head, think of any of her Clanmates that were expecting, or would be any time soon, but she supposed that it would be a matter of time in this Greenleaf season before some of her fellow molly’s would be preparing for motherhood. 

Tinyflame flicked her the tip of her tail. Motherhood was the last thing on her mind for herself, she couldn’t imagine being confined to nursery walls all day. She would much rather be out in the open moors, hunting prey. Her thoughts were abruptly intercepted at Owlbelly’s voice. The small warrior glanced up at the two-toned tom, her blue eyes flickering to the fresh-kill he had dragged out of the pile and was offering to share with his Clanmates. “Thank you, don’t mind if I do.” Tinyflame trotted over to join him, realizing suddenly how hungry she truly was, and crouched beside the deputy, taking a few mouthfuls of their meal as she did.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums WindClan WindClan Camp Trouble in Paradise