Train me.. or Train Me Not

Forums RiverClam RiverClan Territory Fishing Stones Train me.. or Train Me Not

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Feared
    Participant

Sorrelpaw ~ RiverClan Apprentice

Black nostrils flared in a gentle sense as she released the breath that she had been holding, her brain was jumbled with many thoughts. She had been RussetMask’s apprentice for almost three moons and he was doing his best to train her to his best capability but the older Tom was a gentle soul. Training her how to fight didn’t really seem to be his forte, he was training her indeed, but she didn’t feel like she was anywhere near where she should be. Koipaw was constantly getting their mothers praise just for breathing the same air as Wisteriaflower, while Pantherpaw and herself had to fight to get Wisteriaflower’s affection. So far, her mother didn’t seem impressed with her hard work, and really.. she supposed she could push herself to be better. A small fish hunt always put her mind at ease, although she really wasn’t focusing on the fish, she was more so here for the dark grey tomcat that sat a few feet away from her, hunting for fish. As far as she knew, Sootstain hadn’t really taken notice of her, but he was smarter than he looked. He knew she was there.

Sootstain was a young and very tough warrior, she had seen him practice fight with the older warriors in order to keep himself up to date with his strength and speed, never allowing himself to falter with being comfortable in his new position. Truly it impressed her. His views may have been completely different from her own, but she didn’t hate him or whatnot. She had simply been misguided by her slightly younger minded views. She was growing and wising up with the help of Russetmask, slightly as every young cat does. Firey pumpkin colored orbs flickered to the side as she side glanced towards Sootstain.. how to bring up the topic to a cat that she hadn’t really spoke to since that one night.. Slowly her black lips parted and her smooth voice filtered out, “I haven’t had the chance to really talk to you since you became a warrior. How are you liking the new position?” Sorrelpaw asked, although her eyes were still watching the ripple of the water beneath her, even though a few fish were taunting her by swimming close and then hurrying away, she made no move to catch one. She wasn’t exactly here to hunt.

• This topic was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by Feared.
    mahon [owl]
    Participant

sootstain

The water moved silently with the stream, small silver bodies moving quickly with the current. Though Sootstain had already caught a fish or two, he had no interest in doing anything other than staring at the stream. It moved so powerfully yet so delicately at the same time, it was absolutely fascinating. A few fox-lengths away was Sorrelpaw, the pretty apprentice who Sootstrain had a complicated relationship with. They seemed to argue almost every time they were around each other, and Sootstain was surprised she hadn’t tried anything yet. From the corner of his eye, the tom noticed that she seemed to be distracted from hunting as if she was thinking of something. The grey warrior decided to not indicate that he noticed her and continued to focus on the stream. When Sorrelpaw spoke, he moved his ears in her direction to let her know that he was listening. Rather surprised at the question, the tomcat shrugged nonchalantly.

“There isn’t much to say.” He replied with a bland tone. “Now I can hunt and patrol without someone watching my every move, but there is still room for improvement.” During his warrior ceremony, the handsome grey tabby had realized he did in fact have a purpose in his life, which was his clan. Though most realize it sooner than he did, the tom was still determined to improve his skills in every way possible. He wanted to be ready to fight, and so the warrior spent a portion of his free time training himself. Sootstain turned his amber gaze to the smaller she-cat, a flicker of interest in his eyes. “Other than that, I guess it’s fine.” Trying to understand what was going on in her mind was challenging, especially since her emotions towards him seemed to change drastically each time they spoke. Sootstain was, however, in a good mood and decided not to be terribly rude. “So what is it that you’re so anxiously wanting to ask me?” There wasn’t any hostility in his voice, just the usual monotonous style with a hint of interest. 

Feared
    Participant

The young molly was staring down at the water, pupils narrowing slightly as she continued to watch the different colored fish swim swiftly through the water, as if they were flying. Black nostrils flared slightly as she looked down at the fish, although they really weren’t her intended target, they certainly were something to behold and gaze upon while trying to distract her mind. Ears turned in the direction of Sootstain as he spoke, although she didn’t turn her head to fully acknowledge him, giving him the same courtesy that he had given her. “Sounds lovely all the same.” She simply meowed, it probably would have been if her mentor wasn’t drastically different from others. She had been his apprentice for three moons and yet the only useful thing she had been taught was how to catch fish. She didn’t know how to swim and her fighting techniques were weak. Cleaning den after den seemed to be what Russetmask enjoyed these days, however, it was not Sorrelpaws dream to become a maid of the clan, but a warrior. 

Sootstain was one of the better fighters in the clan, she had seen him on numerous accounts practice his abilities on a log or whatever else he chose. “Improvement.” She said softly, her gaze focusing on her reflection rippling along the waters surface. Improvement was what she drastically needed. When he spoke again, his voice carried directly towards her ears, indicating that he was looking in her direction now. Turning her slim cranium in order to gaze upon the handsome grey tabby, she noticed that his amber eyes were watching her keenly and curiously. He always was very attentive when trying to read others. Sorrelpaw was not surprised when he questioned her, simply wanting her spit out what was nagging at her mind. Slowly she lifted her right paw, tongue running along the red furred toes before her Firey eyes landed upon on Sootstain.. she had needed a moment to word her question. “Russetmask is a good mentor and he means well… however.. I’ve been his apprentice for three moons now and I hardly know anything on how to protect myself or others.” She started, her long and richly painted tail danced behind her before curling over her small paws, tongue running over her teeth for a brief moment before she spoke again. “I know that we do not get along and I do not come here to force friendship, so no worries there. But… I do come to you as a fellow clanmate. I would like to get extra training from you.” She meowed, although she continued to speak before he could. “I know it is not desirable on your part.. but the other great fighters in the clan already have apprentices and are too busy to handle another.” Sorrelpaw explained, her head tilting ever so slightly. She wasn’t sure of the outcome, but one could only try. 

mahon [owl]
    Participant

sootstain

Sootstain had very mixed feelings about Sorrelpaw. He couldn’t help but feel intrigued by her but at the same time, she was so annoying. Whenever the two were around each other, there was a tense feeling in the air that even other felines would notice. Though Sootstain tried to remain respectful – she was the daughter of the clan’s deputy after all – he couldn’t help but want to send insults her way. He was not too keen on having a civil and polite conversation with the apprentice, but when she asked him for help he was honestly rather surprised. Him of all felines. She must be desperate. 

Copying her movements, the tom brought his paw to his muzzle and let his scratchy tongue flatten the fur before running it along the side of his cheek. He always made an effort to keep his fur sleek and smooth. Scoffing at her words about not needing to worry about friendship, the tom couldn’t help but feel a pang in his chest when she said that. Not knowing the reason why the young warrior decided to push the thought away. “So basically you’re asking me to be your mentor?” Raising a kitty brow, the handsome tom narrowed his eyes for a moment. “It would help me as well…” Sootstain considered his options for a moment. Spending extra time with Sorrelpaw, though unbearable, would allow him to improve his own skills as well. Especially if she wanted to be trained in fighting. Watching the tortoiseshell feline’s movements and her reactions, Sootstain nodded slowly before turning his body to face her. He stayed relaxed and observant, simply wanting to see the skills she possessed. “Alright then. Attack me.”

Feared
    Participant

She stayed silent as Sootstain assessed her, his blue eyes roaming along her face as he gazed at her with both a curious and a bored expression. Chewing on the inside of her cheek, she found her chin to be tilting as she gazed at him. Well… what’s he thinking about. She wondered silently, pupils narrowing for a brief moment. However, when he looked surprised at her proposal, she couldn’t help but feel accomplished for whatever reason that she had surprised him. Firey pumpkin colored eyes watched the dark striped tomcat curiously. While he licked at his paw and stroked the fur along his cheek to flatten the tufts, she could see the thoughtfulness in his eyes while he scoffed and mocked her with his facial expressions. 

“In a matter.” Sorrelpaw nodded, her richly colored calico pelt rippling faintly as she shifted slightly in her sitting position. It’s funny how a handsome cat can be such a dung beetle. The young molly thought absentmindedly to herself, a slight smirk rising along her lips for a moment. Chin lifting slightly as he rose a kitty brow in her direction, lifting her own eyebrow for the moment. She tried to keep the surprise off of her face when he actually agreed to help train her, to better hone in on her instincts. Sorrelpaw knew that Sootstain was not taking this proposal lightly, it was no secret that the two felines were not fans of one another, but this was beyond feelings. 

Eyes watched the tomcat as he shifted to where he was gazing at her in a more suitable fashion, the tips of her ears burning in embarrassment as he ordered her to attack him, she knew he wanted to assess her abilities. Which weren’t there. Tongue running over her teeth for a moment as she pushed herself up into a standing position, moving towards Sootstain slowly as she watched him curiously. He was strong and fast, despite his height. This is going to go poorly. She sighed to herself, eyeing him for a brief moment before she pretended to trip, a soft gasp of pain leaving her lips as she flailed near Sootstains paws. She wasn’t very skilled yet, but she figured she could take him by surprise. Her slim figure laying near his paws but she took the moment in whatever surprise she held, she twisted on her back to where her forepaws hit his own, hoping to make him stumble while she twisted gracefully on the ground to push herself into a standing position, the top of her head hitting against the bottom of his chin. Wasn’t much but she hoped it was enough to take him by surprise. She had learned a little from her brothers. 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums RiverClam RiverClan Territory Fishing Stones Train me.. or Train Me Not