Time Well Spent // Owl+Tiny

Forums WindClan WindClan Territory The Dock Time Well Spent // Owl+Tiny

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jetstream
    Participant

It was the evening after the return of Wolfstar’s patrol to ThunderClan territory and Tinyflame could tell that something was bothering Owlbelly. She knew that the newly announced deputy had a lot on his mind lately and many new duties to shoulder, but it bothered her to watch him pace around camp, stiff-legged and clearly worried over something. That’s why she had invited him out to the dock tonight, hoping to ease his tensions and calm his mind some. The tiny warrior knew that she couldn’t shoulder his responsibilities for him, not only because she wasn’t Clan deputy, merely an unseasoned warrior, but also because she knew that he wouldn’t want that either. Owlbelly was more than strong and capable, able to handle his own responsibilities effectively and without the need of a Clanmate fluttering mindlessly behind him– Tinyflame knew this, and yet she couldn’t help but feel worried for his sake. 

The tiny warrior padded up to the end of the wooden bridge, sitting comfortably on the ledge and wrapping her tail over her small white paws. She motioned with a flick of her ear for her two-toned companion to join her where she perched, blue eyes watching over the water as it lapped lazily below them. “What’s on your mind, Owlbelly?” She murmured quietly, reminding herself internally not to probe too much to the tom’s inner worries as she asked her question. What she really wanted to ask was, ‘what happened yesterday, what’s bothering you?’ but she also wanted to respect his space and his privacy. If it were something that was deemed she did not need to know, then she would be fine with that somehow. 

mahon [owl]
    Participant

owlbelly

It had been exhausting watching over the camp while Wolfstar was resting and gaining his strength. The leader had recently lost two lives and was given orders by Nettlenose to take a break from his responsibilities. That meant that the deputy had to take over for a bit until Wolfstar was feeling better. And while the two-toned tom considered himself good at handling stress, he had begun to spiral. Stiffly pacing back and forth through camp, he was muttering to himself about who should lead tomorrow’s morning patrol and hunting patrol. Eveningstorm would be good for the morning patrol. Maybe Goldenrose for the hunting patrol? No, she’d want to stay with Wolfstar. His thoughts were interrupted by someone calling his name. Lifting his head, he immediately felt comforted by the presence of Tinyflame. The pretty she-cat asked if he would like to go for a walk, and how could he say no?

With a soft smile, Owlbelly followed Tinyflame to the docks. His dark ember eyes locked with her bright blue ones when she sat down and Owlbelly soon joined her. Her question caused him to blink in surprise for a moment. The tom felt a swell of emotion. Grateful that Tinyflame noticed his stress, upset about the current state of the clan, and something more. Letting out a soft sigh, the tom sat beside her. He almost towered over her in height. “You noticed?” He asked with a chuckle, though it was half-hearted. “I’m worried about Wolfstar. I’ve heard of leaders losing one life, but never two at the same time.” The tom sighed, looking up at the skies. The stars glittered down at the two, and he couldn’t help but wonder which one of their ancestors were watching them. Turning his gaze down to the water, the deputy was momentarily reminded about his kits in riverclan. I hope none of riverclan have to deal with the flowers. “And everyone has been respectful towards me, but I’m not sure that I’m the most popular choice for deputy. I’m sure some of them see faults in the way I do things.” Owlbelly still worried about his stance in the clan. It was anxiety he would always carry with him. Glancing down at Tinyflame, he breathed in her cinnamon scent gratefully, though a part of him hesitated. Owlbelly couldn’t deny that a part of him had begun to feel affection for the younger she-cat, but it felt wrong to him. Unable to fully move on from Poppytail, he was left with an emptiness inside him that longed to be mended. “I’ve made mistakes, Tinyflame. Though I will never regret them. I was the result of one as well. Some of them will always hold that against me, myself included.”

Jetstream
    Participant

Tinyflame’s expression formed into that of a deep frown as she heard the forced chuckle in Owlbelly’s voice. She knew that he was putting up a front for his Clan’s sake, trying to remain strong with a confident shield to mask his insecurities and problems. Her blue eyes remained fixed on the large tom as he vented to her the worries that had been plaguing him, likely for moons upon moons, draping over him like a blanket that never let up. After he had finished, the tiny warrior ran the tip of her tail over his flank in a reassuring manner. “You can’t please everyone, Owlbelly.” She told him, “You would not be the first deputy to have doubts of his position in the Clan. I’m sure there probably are some of our Clanmates who may not be pleased with Wolfstar’s choice, but that’s their fault. I know you’ll do everything you can for us and that’s all we could ever ask of any warrior.” 

However, when the deputy spoke once more, making admission of his half-Clan heritage, Tinyflame felt herself repressing a pang of similar loneliness. She, too, was the result of a mistake, the breaking of the warrior code between cats of different Clans, a love that perhaps never should have began was also the result of her birth. Her mother, WindClan, but her father, RiverClan. And while she chose the Clan of her mother’s, Tinyflame knew that part of her would always sympathize with RiverClan blood. Owlbelly was no different, with his kits living in RiverClan. The two of us are perhaps more similar than even we knew. She found herself chuckling slightly. But even with that realization, with it came a reminder that no matter how close she felt that she was getting with the two-toned tom, there lay barriers between the two of them. A past of his that she could never quite be a part of, someone she would never dream of rivaling or replacing. Owlbelly’s past mate was of no secret to WindClan, or to her, but Tinyflame wished deep down that perhaps she could remain ignorant of the longing that resided in him for someone long passed. 

“My father was a RiverClan warrior.” She confessed, glancing up at Owlbelly as she shook herself of those thoughts. “We all come from different backgrounds and experiences. Not all of us are pureblood and while maybe some of those who are might resent us, all we can do is prove to them every day that we are as worthy as they are.” At least, that’s what the small warrior had been telling herself since her apprenticeship. Just because she wasn’t born in WindClan didn’t make her any less of a WindClan warrior than any kit that was and anyone who doubted her loyalty or her strength would surely be proven wrong if they met her or knew her, with her strong personality and sense of duty. And she was sure that Owlbelly was no different than she was in that regard, even if he didn’t quite believe in himself yet. Tinyflame had enough conviction for them both. 

mahon [owl]
    Participant

owlbelly

The handsome tom watched Tinyflame fondly as she consoled him, blinking gratefully at her comforting touch. “Thank you, Tinyflame.” Owlbelly murmured softly. He found himself lucky to have become so close to such a kind and loyal warrior. “It’s difficult, knowing that you can’t please everyone. But you’re right.” Letting out a sigh, the large tom leaned in closer to the pretty she-cat, seeking comfort from her presence. “I serve the clan the best I can, and it’s not always enough for everyone but that’s okay.” Those thoughts that were constantly weighing on him began to lift and fly away, leaving a sense of peace in its’ place.

He listened quietly as she spoke of her past, finding himself feeling closer to her. The life of a half clanner was a difficult one. The two of them constantly had to prove themselves of loyal members of their clan, they always had to work and try harder than everyone else and it was still not enough. “It looks like we both have ties to that clan.” Owlbelly mused fondly. “I remember when you were brought to Windclan. You were more curious than frightened, which was unexpected but very brave of you.” The tom recalled with a chuckle. “Anyone who would have doubted you then surely have no doubts about you now. You’re one of windclan’s most loyal and talented warriors and-“ The two-toned tom broke off when he realized he was rambling. His amber eyes caught Tinyflame’s gaze and he felt his cheeks become warm, something he hadn’t experienced in many moons.

“Tinyflame…” Owlbelly started softly, shyly avoiding her gaze. “You know that I care about you, right? More than… More than I probably should.” Moving back slightly to give her some room, the tom let out a heavy breath. “And it’s difficult because of, well, you know everything. But I do have feelings for you, feelings I don’t think I can hide anymore. You mean more and more to me every day, Tinyflame. I don’t know where we would even go from here, that is even if you want to continue…” He finished uncertainly, looking down at his paws before looking back at the she-cat that sat in front of him. “You don’t have to answer now, but I just need you to know how I feel.”

Jetstream
    Participant

A mingled sense of pride and satisfaction swarmed over the tiny ginger she-cat as Owlbelly relaxed against her side, appearing to have calmed from the truth of her words. She would be ever happier if she could help to ease his restlessness and it definitely appeased her to have accomplished that today. And it seemed even, that telling him of her own struggles in the similar sense of background had brought the two of them even closer and only furthermore made the fluttering in her heart more rapid. As Owlbelly spoke of her original entry to WindClan, her immediate reaction was indignation, a now you’re not that old! on the tip of her tongue, but before she could speak it, she found herself flustered by his praise to her warriorship and her efforts to prove herself as a strong warrior to their clan. 

However, before Tinyflame could voice her appreciation of his recognition, the conversation quickly changed topics, to one that made her heart beat aggressively in her chest. When he spoke of feelings for her, feelings she thought she had felt between the two of them, but only half assumed were coming from a stance of personal bias and that perhaps she had been closing the gaps herself, for a brief moment she felt surprised. The first thing to come after that though, was an immense sense of happiness. The tom she loved had just confided that he loved her, too. How could she look back now? 

“Of course I-I feel the same way!” She blurted out immediately, not a moment’s hesitation caught on her. Her blue eyes met his amber pair fiercely as she proclaimed, “I’ve cared about you for a long time, Owlbelly. I’m willing to put forth the effort from here on if you are.”

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums WindClan WindClan Territory The Dock Time Well Spent // Owl+Tiny