this side of paradise

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Camp this side of paradise

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 weeks ago by snow.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    snow
    Participant

l i t t l e d o v e
    relaxing in camp

It was a generous leaf-fall day, the golden and orange foliage above complimenting the crisp air and gentle morning dew. It was almost sunhigh, the sun creeping closer to the high point of the sky, blasting it’s warm, yellow rays onto the camp clearing below. It was the perfect temperature, not too hot and not too cold. Littledove relished the feeling of the cool weather, not at all missing the greenleaf heat. It had been quite a brutal summer, though so far leaf-fall had proved to be a lot of rain and lack of prey, though the warrior still preferred living in this type of climate over the previous.

Her long, silver limbs stretched as she slithered out of the warrior’s den, blue eyes shining brightly in the light. She’d been on the dawn patrol, her belly now rumbling as she had come straight back to her nest for a quick nap. Twitching her pink nose, the lithe molly bent over the fresh-kill pile, nosing through the morsels as she found a small blackbird. Flicking her tail tip in content, the silver tabby retreated to the small overhang by her den, plucking the feathers off her meal before tucking in. Once she’d finished, Littledove swiped her salmony pink tongue across her maw and down each of her appendages, grooming down her soft fur to look presentable. 

Having quite the approachable appearance, many cats confide and enjoy being around Littledove, her playful and kind personality only bolstering her friendships. Although kind and sweet, she often found herself in trouble due to her naive nature. Just yesterday the molly almost lost her tail in a fox trap, thank StarClan Cardinalflight caught her in time! Sighing at the memory, she rose to sit on her haunches, eyes narrowing to slits against the bright sun as she scanned the clearing. A hunt or a patrol wouldn’t be terrible, but would a little playful competition be better? she thought lightly, wondering if she should grab a friend and have a spar session. Deciding against it, Littledove coiled her thick tail around her paws, awaiting interaction or instruction to continue her day.

Feared
    Participant

Waspfrost ~ SkyClan Warrior

Annoyance was creeping through his pelt, tugging at his heart strings from Moonberry’s recent behavior. One moment she was crying her eyes out for a stupid tomcat that she wasn’t even mates with, and then the next she was humming softly to herself with his return. Screw. That. Waspfrost was not the type of tom to forgive lightly, and Rookfall’s attitude towards the whole ordeal just frustrated the hell out of him. Whatever, if the molly didn’t want to listen to a friend then he didn’t have to waste his time with giving out useless advice. Pale yellow eyes narrowed slightly as the tall and skinny black and brown mottled tomcat walked out from the medicine cat den, a small wad of cobwebs on his shoulder blade from where he had been stung from a tempermental honey bee. Everything could go suck a rotten egg as far as the grumpy tomcat was concerned.

Delicately, he walked over towards the fresh-kill pile, making a point to ignore the nursery as he then lowered his nose in order to sniff at the contents of the pile. Nothing really seemed appetizing but prey was a little short with the welcome of cooler weather, therefore he didn’t have the luxury to be picky. Grunting, he finally picked up a slim crow, dragging the bird by its wing over to a more secluded area in camp. Eyes flickering towards Littledove, wordlessly acknowledging her as he dropped the wing of the bird and smacked his lips together. Crows were nasty birds but their meat wasn’t so bad, just annoying to get to. Grumbling under his breath, he finally lowered himself to his belly, pale eyes flickering towards Littledove once more as he noticed her stiff stance. “What’s got you so uptight?” He asked, eyebrow lifted slightly as he began to pluck the black feathers from the breast of the bird, tail tip twitching with mild annoyance. “Well? Are you hungry? We could share this forsaken bird, StarClan knows I could use help plucking it.” He smirked, although he wasn’t exactly being kind with his words, it was his way of inviting her to share the bird.

snow
    Participant

l i t t l e d o v e
    in camp with waspfrost

Waspfrost’s deep, grumbling tone snapped the young warrior from her thoughts, her head snapping over in his direction. Her blue eyes were wide now, searching his as he spoke, pink nose scrunching slightly against the cool breeze. Despite his harsh words, Littledove didn’t react negatively. Instead, she slithered toward him and shrugging, settling down next to him as she began plucking feathers out of the nasty bird. “Uptight? I wouldn’t call it that,” she began, her voice smooth as butter. “I prefer… thoughtful,” she decided at last, letting a soft chuckle escape her lips.

It was clear that something was bothering Waspfrost, though the silver tabby decided not to pry so his mood did not sour more. Spitting out a mouthful of feathers, Littledove decided that she might as well tell him what had happened recently so he didn’t feel alone in his struggles. “Remember when Blackfrost left a moon ago?” she asked quietly, referring to her brother. Every cat knew how heartbroken Littledove had been when her littermate disappeared in the night with no explanation other than a goodbye. It had confused every cat in the clan why such a quick, clever warrior would up and leave with no signs prior. “He told me his destiny was elsewhere. If I’m being honest, I keep thinking about it. What destiny could he have other than SkyClan?” she no longer sounded sad when she spoke of her brother, just genuinely confused.

Shrugging it off, the silver molly politely declined his crow having just eaten a blackbird not long ago. “I’m not hungry at the moment, but I wouldn’t mind stretching my legs,” she mused, whiskers trembling in the light breeze. “Any ideas on what to do this fine day?” Littledove and Waspfrost weren’t close by any means, but the two often had similar schedules when it came to hunting and border patrols, so if the pair went out together it certainly wouldn’t be odd.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 1 day ago by snow.
    Feared
    Participant

Waspfrost ~ SkyClan Warrior

He honestly didn’t care what she would call it, that’s how he saw it as he gazed at the silver tabby as she adapted a rather thoughtful expression as she tried to figure out a different word. Smirking slightly he plucked a few more black feathers from the breast of the bird, dropping them at the wing as he looked towards Littledove once more. “I see. Well it looks more uptight.” He argued right back, the tip of his tail twitching slightly for a moment. Instead of fighting back and being rude herself, Littledove had a kinder heart and more patience as she moved towards him and sat down beside him as she began to pluck feathers out of the bird as well. This caused Waspfrost to gaze at her curiously for a moment before he half shrugged and lowered his chin to pluck a few more feathers before she began to speak again.

Why did she-cats always talk so much? Was it that hard to simply sit down and enjoy the peace of plucking feathers without having to strike up a conversation? Moonberry was the same way, always running her damn mouth, but then again wasn’t that how they came to call each other friends. Blinking slightly at this thought, he looked at Littledove with a thoughtful expression. She didn’t appear as clueless when it came to toms like Moonberry and she was kind, perhaps they could be friends. But it wouldn’t be easy, he wasn’t easy to deal with and he knew it. One of his toxic traits. Perhaps it would be best if this tender hearted she- cat befriend someone else, but despite that thought he decided to play along with her conversation; trying to keep his sharp tongue in check. “Ah… yes I do remember.” He almost choked on his words, catching himself just in time before he called her littermate a deserter, that wouldn’t score him any friendly points now would it? 

Her facial expression was twisted with thought as if she were trying to figure out the answer to her question, her eyes sad but more so confused than anything. Her destiny was clearly with SkyClan, she was loyal to a fold and he could tell from her tone that she was simply too perplexed. Dropping a mouthful of feathers, the slender tomcat looked towards Littledove as he sighed and gave a slow shrug, shifting on his belly to gaze at her with his striking gold gaze. “I’ll tell you what my grandfather told my mother when she left the clan life. Not every cat is born to be a Clan cat, sometimes when we are born our ancestors have a plan that’s greater than the life we would have in a Clan. Sometimes we have to leave to take our knowledge elsewhere and help others or find a new destiny. Your brother may not have been suited for Clan life but he has the skills needed to keep himself alive and maybe help others.” Waspfrost shrugged, not sure if that little bit of wisdom would do her heart any good but it had been said regardless. 

As she declined a share of the crow, he nodded and lowered his head as he took a bite out of the breast meat, his claws sinking into the throat and tail of the bird to keep it from moving as he chewed, eyes flashing towards Littledove as he swallowed his mouthful of meat before speaking again. “After my meal I was planning on checking on the ThunderClan border, I think there’s been a rogue that keeps slipping between the fine lines in our territory and I figured if they are hungry they will come out more in the night than the day.” He meowed, transparent whiskers twitching as he ran his tongue over his black lips. “If your interested, I could use the back up if I run into a hostile.” He grinned slightly before lowering his head and taking another bite out of the crows breast.

snow
    Participant

l i t t l e d o v e
    in camp with waspfrost

His bit of advice seemed to cheer the warrior up a bit, her eyes brightening. “Yeah, I suppose you’re right,” she murmured softly, though her face had lifted quite a bit. Rolling over onto her back, she stretched out each of her limbs, purring in contentment. She flicked an ear as he began eating, relishing the warm leaf-fall sun on her belly fur, contrasting the cold forest floor beneath her. At his invitation, she slithered back onto her stomach, turning to face him. “Hmmm, sure. I’ll come along. Camp seems a bit dull at the moment and besides, I’m the best fighting partner you could ask for,” she mewed nonchalantly, lifting a snowy white paw and flicking her tongue across it. It was a joke of course, Littledove was certainly quick and clever, but she was no match for some of the other SkyClanners with their bulky builds and well-muscled legs. The silver tabby she-cat appeared more like a WindClan cat, her muzzle soft and narrow, legs long and body slender and lithe. Despite her appearance, she was certainly a SkyClan cat by the way she leapt and fought.

As she waited for the tomcat to finish his meal, she began drawing her tongue across her fur, smoothing it down in hopes it would keep her warm against the cool breeze. Once there was only a pile of feathers and bones left, Littledove rose to her paws, flicking her tail tip across Waspfrost’s ear. “So, the ThunderClan border? I hope we don’t run into any of them…” she stated flatly, a frown tugging at her pink lips. “I swear to StarClan every time I come in contact with a ThunderClan cat they get more and more aggressive.” Nostrils flaring, Littledove swiveled on her heels and began trotting out of camp with Waspfrost, ears twisting about to hear for any prey. 

Picking up the pace as the pair entered the territory, Littledove scanned the forest floor in front of her, noticing every leaf twitch, the grass swaying delicately in the wind. The molly often collected things like flowers and stones from the stream as markers for her life. Her last moon as an apprentice was a mere four season ago, her skill in catching a dove on her assessment had wowed her mentor and the SkyClan leader. It was what ultimately gave her the name she wore today: Littledove. She had kept that feather in her nest ever since she’d caught that sneaky bird, thankful that she’d decided to treasure that moment. Parting her maw, the she-cat inhaled the crisp air, tail swishing leisurely behind her. “I don’t smell anything out of the ordinary in the territory thankfully,” she mused softly, though they hadn’t reached the border yet.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Camp this side of paradise