The Search for a New Home

Forums WindClan WindClan Territory The Search for a New Home

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Wolfstar
    Participant

-Wolfstar-

Wolfstar sat outside his makeshift den, paws shifting uneasily as he ignored the chilly wind. The temporary WindClan camp was buzzing with activity as his Clanmate’s started forming tougher shelter on the dens to keep the cold away during the night. We can’t get complacent here, he thought, blue eyes bouncing from cat to cat. Where they were staying was not the place he wanted to call home. They had to walk too far to get to the stream for water, the bushes they were using for dens weren’t thick enough for shelter, and they weren’t hidden well enough from other enemies. Wolfstar felt a pang as he thought of the abandoned Twoleg den that was destroyed during the storm, missing the walls that bordered their camp and the easy access to see his Clanmates. But it’s gone now, and we need to find a new home. The long-furred tom stood up, shaking out his white and gray coat before padding to the large rock he used for announcements. “Let all cats old enough to run the moors, gather here beneath the rock for a Clan meeting!

Since most of everyone was already out and about, it didn’t take long for everyone to gather underneath him, their eyes looking up at him with curiosity. “It’s time we look for a permanent camp. I don’t want us to get too comfortable here, and I don’t want to waste anymore time fixing it up. I want us to work hard at making our forever home before the snows come.” Tail flicking with thought, he gazed at his warrior’s. “I will be leading a patrol to search our territory for a good spot. These are the cats I want with me…

Wolfstar took a few moments of silence to make the patrol up in his mind. “Owlbelly,” he meowed, staring with the brown tabby. He wanted the opinion of his deputy on the place they would choose. “Tinyflame, Thistleheart, Willowfur, Ravenpaw, and Snowpaw.” Normally, he would have just chosen warrior’s for a search party, but Ravenpaw was a thoughtful soon-to-be warrior while Snowpaw was an intelligent apprentice. They would do fine. “I would like to go as soon as possible, so if you would like to eat then I recommend doing it now.” With no further instructions, Wolfstar jumped down from the small rock and padded towards the entrance, sitting down as he waited for the new patrol. He couldn’t help but let out a small purr as he glanced at the nursery where Goldenrose was curled around their new three kits. Soon, their eyes would open and start wreaking havoc in the Clan like all kits did.

-Willowfur-

Willowfur padded outside the medicine cat’s den as she heard Wolfstar’s gathering call, her ears twitching with curiosity. She had been conversing with her sister about something important, and was slightly irritated for the interruption, but she stayed silent as her father began to speak. Willowfur’s green eyes searched the crowd for Eveningstorm, and she made her way towards the tom who would be known as the father of her kits. Almost unwillingly, she sat down beside him with their fur brushing for show. “I wonder what this is about,” she murmured to him, glancing at an elder who was staring at her and Eveningstorm. The news of their relationship was buzzing around the camp since their Clanmate’s had no idea she and the warrior were close. They weren’t, of course, but if they knew who the real father of her kits were…

Deep in her own thoughts, Willowfur looked up with surprise at the sound of her name. A patrol? Forgetting her anxiety and irritation, Willowfur’s claws unsheathed with excitement. She was chosen to go on the patrol in search of a new camp! Pulling away from Eveningstorm without a word, she swerved around her other Clanmate’s to get to Ravenpaw, her apprentice. “Looks like we’re going on an adventure,” she meowed to him, touching his nose with the tip of her tail. Ravenpaw was now taller than she, and she had to remind herself to speak with Wolfstar about giving him his assessment. “Do as Wolfstar says and eat something really quick if you haven’t already.”

Manna Moth
    Participant

Thistleheart had been busy sunning himself in the sunshine when Wolfstar called the summons. He padded forward curiously and waited for the address before spotting his half brother and Willowfur. Yeah, great job there. I’m sure everyone suspected kits from those two. He thought, rolling his eyes. He’d really needed to have a discussion with his brother Startledcrow. His lie seemed painfully obvious to Thistleheart, especially when he was sat outside the makeshift medicine den glowering at them now.

Wolfstar’s words pulled him out of his thoughts and he listened attentively as his name was called to go on patrol. His first real assignment as a warrior! He purred softly in delight. At Willowfur’s name being called his ears pricked up. He supposed he could talk to her too, but the focus was on finding a new home and he wouldn’t forget that. I wonder if we’ll find anything suitable, nothing will beat the old twoleg nest. 

The thought left a sad pang in his heart but he quickly shook his head to clear it away. He trotted quickly to the fresh kill pile and picked out a mouse to eat before they set off. His fur pricked with excitement and he forced himself to eat slowly despite his anticipation.

Pikachu
    Participant

Ravenpaw padded out of the temporary apprentices den, stretching their legs out and yawning. They started to groom themselves until Wolfstar called for a clan meeting. They headed toward the rock, curious on what the meeting was about.They glanced around looking for Willowfur, wondering where she was. Soon they spotted her sitting with EveningstormMust be friendly, I guess?

It was then, the apprentice realized, they were called to go on a patrol. Excitement beamed through Ravenpaw, as they glanced over to see their mentor hurry towards them. “Hopefully we find somewhere comfortable!” They replied, purring in anticipation. They were also excited because Snowpaw was coming as well. They were friendly towards the apprentice, and the most comfortable talking to. Friends I prefer to be. Just friends. And they were fine with that mindset.

They hurried over toward the fresh kill pile, grabbing a mouse to munch down on. After some time eating, they discarded the scraps and headed toward the entrance, where Wolfstar was waiting.

Jetstream
    Participant

The small warrior shivered, fluffing up her ginger fur as best as she could. The cold was upon them and their makeshift camp really hadn’t been doing the best for their source of shelter and comfort. Wrapping her tail around her petite paws, Tinyflame wondered for how much longer they would have to make due with the loss of their past home. Her question was soon answered, however, as Wolfstar called for a clan meeting. Bringing herself to her paws, she joined the rest of her clanmates beneath the makeshift rock their leader had been using to make his announcements. Her ears pricked as the grey and white tom mentioned her name and she straightened up on her feet, prepared to leave immediately as he had requested of them. 

She joined Owlbelly, Willowfur, her apprentice Ravenpaw, Thistleheart, and Snowpaw at the base of the rock. Her blue eyes flitted over Thistleheart and she gave the newly named warrior a nod of her head. She could remember very freshly receiving her warrior name and the excitement and pride that coursed through a young cat when that moment finally came for them. He deserves it, she thought, he worked hard to earn it and it’s always an exciting sight to witness apprentices growing into warriors. Tinyflame watched quietly as Willowfur herded her apprentice and she turned to her mate, Owlbelly’s side. Her mate. The words still felt surreal to her. After so long of pining over the WindClan deputy, it was almost unbelievable that they were now officially mates. The tiny ginger feline felt bliss and love swell her as she glanced at the two-toned tom. “Are you ready to find a new home together?” She asked him softly, a new feeling of anticipation surfacing within her. WindClan’s new camp would not only be a new home for her and him but for the whole of WindClan and eventually, maybe, even their own kits sometime down the future. 

Nettlenose
    Participant

Galefrost had been finishing his breakfast when he heard Wolfstar’s familiar call, one for the clan to gather beneath him as he had an announcement to make. He glanced down at what had been his meal, a small and underfed mouse that he had picked from the pile, doing as a good warrior would and leaving plumper prey for those who needed it most. He leaned down and swallowed the last bite of it, and then rose to his dark grey paws. The tom trotted over to stand among his clanmates, expectant.

A new home…ah, so what the entire clan was wondering about. The tom wanted nothing more himself, having been quite fond of their last home within the twoleg nest. All good things had to come to an end though, he supposed. The names that reached his ears caused a small stir in his stomach, and he frowned softly. Owlbelly, Tinyflame, Willowheart, Thistlepaw, Ravenpaw, Snowpaw…No, surely they could use one more warrior, one more set of eyes and a nose and ears to keep watch of things and scout. He briefly glanced at his clanmates that were assigned the patrol, and then back to the tom before him.

Galefrost was bored. Aside from helping set up and repair makeshift dens, there wasn’t much to do other than hunt, and he had hunted all he could in winter’s difficult weathers. So, with the desire to do more and curb his boredom, he rose and approached Wolfstar once they were dismissed, dipping his head in greeting.

Wolfstar. I know you didn’t directly call for me, but I’d like to make myself available if you think you need the extra help.” The warrior offered, glancing over the leader’s expression.

Wolfstar
    Participant

Wolfstar sat silently as he waited for his Clanmates to grab something to eat before they were on their way. This wouldn’t be the first time he had gone out in search of a good place for a new home. So far, none of the area in their territory he checked out was good enough for a camp. There was either no water nearby, too close to rabbit burrows, or too out of the way. The WindClan leader looked up at the sky with hope in his eyes, praying to StarClan they would help them find their home. Once he was satisfied the cats on the patrol were finished eating, he flicked his tail and stood up. “Alright, let’s head out.” He didn’t bother putting someone else in charge of camp while he and his deputy were gone, doubting anything crazy would happen. None of the other Clans knew where they resided.

The sound of Galefrost stopped Wolfstar in his tracks, and he turned the tom with a questioning tilt of his head. He thought for a moment, wondering if adding one more cat would be too much to the patrol. I guess we can never have too many cats searching for a home.Of course, Galefrost. You can come along.” 

Giving the nursery one more loving glance, Wolfstar turned around and headed out of the makeshift entrance, ducking his head so the purple heather flowers wouldn’t shower all over him and his Clanmates. “We need to find a place with water nearby, spaces for several dens, and a clearing we can relax in. I’ve checked the territory near the Ghostly Flats and didn’t find anything suitable for a camp. Now, I want to search closer to the ThunderClan border.” Wolfstar swiveled his head to look at Owlbelly. “I want you to take some of these cats and search a little farther away from my group. We’ll cover more ground that way. If you find something, send someone to run and tell us, and I’ll do the same.

Wolfstar stopped walking, looking his patrol over. “Owlbelly, take Tinyflame, Willowfur, and Ravenpaw. I’ll take Thistleheart, Galefrost, and Snowpaw.” He waited till the cats got in their groups, dipping his head to his deputy before turning back and leading his three cats away. Wolfstar bounded towards the stream, tail waving calmly in the air. I hope we find something suitable today. I can’t stand having us live in the temporary camp any longer.

mahon [owl]
    Participant

The tom knew it was soon to happen, it was only a matter of time for Wolfstar to make the decision to have the announcement. Amber eyes watched his clanmates for a moment before returning back to his leader. Time for a new home. The deputy gave a nod when his name was called before looking around to match a face to the names called. I have a good feeling about this. Approaching the newly-formed group, Owlbelly couldn’t help but feel optimistic. Settling down beside Tinyflame, he glanced at her with warm eyes. Every time he saw her, he felt his heart swell in delight. Letting out a soft purr, Owlbelly nudged his mate softly in response to her words. “I can’t wait.” The two-toned tom could picture the rest of their lives together, and the only part that was missing right now was a place to call home. His attention was momentarily taken when Galefrost approached the group and the large tom flicked the tip of his tail in greeting.

Turning his gaze back to Wolfstar, the large tom listened closely to the instructions. Water, space, clearing. Nodding to himself, Owlbelly glanced at his newly formed group. He couldn’t help but smile softly when Wolfstar put Tinyflame in his patrol. He glanced at Ravenpaw and Willowfur thoughtfully, glad they were on his team as well. Ravenpaw was bright and attentive, something Owlbelly wished he was at that age. And while the tom had never been close with Willowfur, he knew she was level-headed and a talented warrior. When everything was established, Owlbelly nodded to Wolfstar with a newfound sense of excitement. Watching the other patrol leave his camp, Owlbelly turned to his own group. “I have a good feeling about this. Let’s stay close.” Padding over beside Tinyflame, the older tom lead the way out of the camp.

Jetstream
    Participant

The ginger warrior’s tail swayed in satisfaction at Wolfstar’s announcement that she would indeed be pairing off in her mate’s part of the patrol. As they stayed near each other’s sides, she felt all the more secure and sure that they were going in the right place. Honestly, any place with Owlbelly will serve fine as a home for me. She thought quietly to herself, though she couldn’t quite bring herself to say it aloud, especially not something so corny, in front of their Clanmates nontheless. Tinyflame nodded in acknowledgement to Willowfur and her apprentice Ravenpaw once more as they were about to set off, for real this time, to find their new camp. When Owlbelly spoke to her, the tiny warrior grinned in reply. “I agree, WindClan territory has a lot of options. We’ll find our new home in no time.” Ever the optimist, she was eager to begin this journey. 

Wolfstar
    Participant

Wolfstar

Wolfstar nodded his head to Owlbelly before turning away from the other patrol, flicking his tail at Thistleheart, Galefrost, and Snowpaw to follow him. Determination sparked with each pawstep, his paws sinking into the soft snow. It had snowed the night before, giving their territory a thin blanket of fluff as soft as his kits’ pelts. However, the day had just started and he knew the top layer would melt not long after the sun would rise throughout the day. The WindClan leader turned to look at his small patrol. “I went hunting near the ThunderClan border the other day and saw a place that might look habitable. Don’t be afraid to say any worries or doubts you might have, okay?” He waited for them to agree before turning back around.

I wish Goldenrose was here with me to find our new camp. He knew his mate was busy caring for their three kits in the nursery, but he still wished the white and golden she-cat was padding beside him and sharing his excitement. Switching his focus back to the patrol, he pushed thoughts of his beautiful family away and gazed around the moor. He could see the stream that separated WindClan and ThunderClan from each other, winding down to the lake below them like a snake. “We’re close,” he meowed. “Start looking around for a place that would be a good spot for us to live. Not too near the stream though. I don’t want us to be vulnerable to ThunderClan spies.” He highly doubted Hollystar would send a spy to them, but he feared their new deputy, Kass, wasn’t afraid to spark up trouble.

Keeping the stream and ThunderClan territory at a distance, he narrowed his eyes and focused on the land surrounding them.

Willowfur

Willowfur nodded her head in agreement when Wolfstar split his patrol into two groups, but then she found it hard not to sigh with annoyance at being stuck with Owlbelly and Tinyflame. They were brand new mates, and she had a feeling they would be all over each other the entire patrol. Maybe I’m just jealous… The ginger she-cat hated every couple she saw, feeling pained she wasn’t able to act the same away with her own love. No one in the Clan knew about her and Startledcrow. And our kits. The tip of her tail brushed against the side of her growing belly. She wasn’t too pregnant that she was unable to continue her warrior duties, but she was definitely starting to feel uncomfortable during the night.

Willowfur looked at Ravenpaw. He was now as tall as she was and was ready for his warrior assessment very soon. She made a mental note to talk with Wolfstar about it after the patrol. “While we look around, make sure to keep an eye out for anything unusual or strange scents. We don’t want to make camp near something suspicious.” She highly doubted they would come across anything as such, but it was getting hard to find tasks for an apprentice who already knew pretty much everything. The ginger she-cat turned to Owlbelly, waiting for him to take the lead.

Pikachu
    Participant

Ravenpaw nodded carefully. “If there’s any scents that are unusual, I’ll keep an eye out for you.” They replied, flicking their tail as they followed Willowfur and Tinyflame as the groups start to separate, waiting for instructions from Owlbelly.

Willowfur seemed more cautious than usual, more protective of her body. It’s not a bad thing. Ravenpaw thought. Hopefully their mentor wasn’t getting sick or anything from the storm. Sore paws probably, but even so, the apprentice would make note to ask if she’s doing okay. If Willowfur can be there for me when I’m not doing well, then I’ll do my part as well.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 4 weeks ago by Pikachu.
    • This reply was modified 5 months, 4 weeks ago by Pikachu.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums WindClan WindClan Territory The Search for a New Home