the most temporary of homes [group event – sc/skc/rc – open]

Forums ShadowClan ShadowClan Territory the most temporary of homes [group event – sc/skc/rc – open]

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Hareflight [Mel]
    Participant

At first, Harepaw was taken aback by the attitude, and her ears pinned back against her head. Then, she took a deep breath, expressions steeling. She wasn’t just a young apprentice, after all. She had to learn how to brush these comments off her shoulder and get her job done. However, before she had time to do just this, it seemed that the silver feline had already eased up, and calmed down.

Harepaw let out a light breath of relief, standing a little straighter now. “W-well, Fawncrest, you don’t have to worry.” She leaned in, examining the injured forepaw. “It looks li-like you sprained your paw, but luckily it-it doesn’t seem to be sprained too badly.” She paused, glancing to her mentor and his basket of herbs. Then, her amber and blue gaze met that of Fawncrest, and she offered a brief smile. “I’ll be- be just a minute.”  

She moved with a purpose, her stump of a tail wagging softly behind her as she walked. With a brief nod to her mentor, she grabbed supplies she needed from his basket, and wandered back over. Setting them down, she chewed up some elder leaves, and spat them onto the bark, just as she was taught by Saplingskies. “These are elder leaves, they’ll soothe the sprain.” She said softly, applying the poultice to Fawncrest’s paw with a piece of moss. “In the meantime, you- you can eat these to soothe any pain that you’re experiencing,” Harepaw said, nudging a couple dandelion leaves her way. “A-And just make sure to go easy on it, as- as much as you can while we’re here.” The apprentice gave her a look of sympathy, head tilting.

Kami
    Participant

Fawncrest – RiverClan

The RiverClan she-cat quirked a brow as she watched Harepaw get to work, inspecting Fawncrest’s extended paw. Despite her critisisms, the younger cat certainly seemed capable. She watched in silence as the medicine cat padded away, shortly returning with herbs carried in her mouth.

Fawncrest tilted her head thoughtfully as Harepaw got to work, amber eyes blinking slowly as she chewed up the leaves and explained as she worked. The stuttering continued, but she seemed confident enough in her work, Fawncrest noted. Once the poultice had been applied, the calico she-cat had pushed some dandelion leaves toward her and instruced her to eat them. Complying, she bent down and chewed them up, the somewhat bitter flavour almost making her reconsider, but nonetheless she swallowed.

A pang of guilt hit her at the calico’s next words. Perhaps she had been a little hasty with her judgement. “Thank you, Harepaw,” she murmured, flicking her ears uncomfortably and trying to shove down the embarassment that rose up in her. Shuffling her paws, she forced her gaze up, meeting the sympathetic look in Harepaw’s eyes. Inhaling deeply, her next words left her mouth so quickly they were hardly audible. “Sorry for what I said.”

Hickoryroot – SkyClan

The gray tom’s ears perked up at Saplingskies’ request, and he tilted his head with interest as the other tom took a bit of the moss he had gathered. So moss is also used, he noted, watching as the medicine cat soaked the moss and took it back before dabbing it on Wisteriastar’s head. Feeling suddenly lucky at having been in the middle of gathering moss for bedding, he quickly retreated further back into the cave, whiskers twitching as he searched for cobwebs. He knew spiders would be taking shelter from the weather just as the cats themselves had, and surely there’d be some old webs. He hadn’t paid much attention whilst fetching the moss, and he berated himself for that.

His eyes had long since adjusted to the darkness of the cave, and he was able to pick out the thin silvery threads that took residence in tiny caverns within the walls. Checking carefully that they weren’t inhabited by any dangerous spiders, he reached his paw in those he deemed safe and wound the webs around his paw before hobbling onward to the next crevice and searching.

Once he deemed he had gathered enough, he began to pad back to the others.

Hareflight [Mel]
    Participant

Harepaw had been preparing to move to the next patient, but Fawncrest’s words made her ears perk and she turned back to the RiverClan she-cat. Her words made the apprentice smile widely, her stump tail wagging contently. She lifted one paw, making a dismissive gesture. “Don’t worry a-about it, Fawncrest! We’re all in a bad situation, r-right now. I understand.” Her dual-coloured eyes flickered to her mentor and Wisteriaflower.  “Especially with the state your Clan is in right now.” She dipped her head respectfully, taking a deep breath in and giving Fawncrest another hopeful look. “You don’t have any-anything to worry about. Wisteriaflower i-is in great paws with Saplingskies.

Although Saplingskies had made the observation much earlier, now was when Harepaw noticed that Rainstar and Fishtail were nowhere to be found. This made her hesitate, and her brows furrowed as she scanned the crowd. Although she was already sure she knew the answer, her gaze turned to Fawncrest. “Rainstar and Fishtail are dead, aren’t- aren’t they?

Lux
    Participant

Honeysplash – Skyclan Warrior

With reinvigorated resolve Honeysplash stood, barely feeling his aching muscles. Sharing a meal with SnowyOwl was an exciting and nerve wracking prospect. Chances were he’d barely taste even the choicest of morsels. Her presence would simply be too overwhelming. He blinked a few times, realizing he’d been staring again. “I’ll go pick something,” he mewed, trying to avoid showing his excitement. “It won’t be much, but it’ll keep us from drooling all over the prey during the dawn hunting patrol.” He chuckled softly, leaving her behind as he headed for the fresh-kill pile.

He silently observed as Riverclan settled into the camp. It seemed that they had suffered great loss during the storm. Most of their clan was weak or injured. He plucked a decently plump mouse from the pile. ‘This wouldn’t be enough to satisfy me even on a normal day,’ he thought with a sigh. It’d have to do for now. He trotted back to SnowyOwl, carrying their meal between his jaws. “This will have to do,” he mumbled around the prey as he placed it at her paws. Of course he had to offer the snowy she-cat the first bite.

—-

Smokewisp – Shadowclan Deputy

Smokewisp’s whiskers twitched in annoyance. ‘They show up with a new leader, no medicine cat, and nothing to offer?’ She huffed, silently wishing they’d gone further into the mountains and avoided Riverclan all together. Of course, they couldn’t help it. Whether it be cruel fate or an act of Starclan surely Riverclan didn’t deserve this. As all three clans settled in she saw Hornetstar padding off to get some rest. Her slips curled with a half-smile. He could sleep peacefully, she’d handle everything else for the evening.

With some hard work and willing paws prey and bedding were slowly distributed among the clans. Smokewisp padded about, selecting a few guards from the precious few warriors who remained alert. Even just a guard or two would guarantee the safety of the clan’s. The last thing they needed was a badger, or something possibly even worse, sneaking into their makeshift camp. Things were in order, and the majority of the clans seemed to be settling in for the night. She’d been itching to check on Skunkpaw, and now would finally be her chance. She turned, padding off towards where the sick cats were quarantined.

Feared
    Participant

Snowyowl ~ SkyClan Warrior 

She blinked when Honeysplash simply stared at her, his eyes twinkling with an unknown emotion as she felt her cheeks beginning to heat up from the intensity of his stare. Is there something on my face..? She thought silently to herself, only being brought  out of her thoughts when he blinked himself out of his trance like state, paper-thin ears standing on attention as she looked up at the handsome tomcat. “Oh! Okay.” She instantly smiled as she then straightened out her form, chin tilting slightly as her whiskers twitched with amusement. SnowyOwl laughed softly for a moment when he teased her about drooling over the prey in the morning, which probably wasn’t that far off from the truth. “That’s very true… I’m not a very pretty drooler so even just a little something would be good.” She confirmed, lowering herself into a sitting position as she watched Honeysplash curiously. 

Honeysplash had been unnaturally nice to her, causing her head to tilt curiously before she looked back towards the other cats that surrounded them, her yellow eyes narrowing. She felt strange being cornered by so many felines, her apprentice was off helping those while SnowyOwl was trying to rest her paws. The skin on the bottom of her paws were cracked and skinned from her walk up the mountain, the mud slide really was the cause of her paws being so torn up. Grimacing does a moment, she lifted her paw in order to lick at the tender skin, grumbling under her breath for a moment before her eyes lifted towards Honeysplash as he returned with a plump mouse. The mouse was small, but at least it was something to melt against her tongue and try to warm her stomach. 

Purring softly, the snowy white feline moved closer to Honeysplash with a faint limp before she settled down to lay beside of the large honey colored tomcat. “Thank you, it’ll be enough to warm our bellies.” She muttered softly, lowering her body to the cave floor before she took a small bite out of the mouse, making sure she didn’t take too much before a dainty paw gently pushed the mouse towards Honeysplash. The meat was cold and a little stringy but it was something and she certainly wasn’t going to complain. “Here you go.. and feel free to take a big bite. I’m a smaller cat.” SnowyOwl offered, licking her lips. 

SoliloquySilver
    Participant

Saplingskies listened quietly as Wisteriastar told him about her vision. He took a moment to think about it, tapping lightly on the cave floor with his claws as his brows furrowed. “Well…” He began, ear flicking. “I think, quite simply, your new medicine cat does not hail from RiverClan. Did you see anything else in your vision? Some kind of symbol that we could figure out a name from?” About that time, Hickoryroot came hobbling back up with his paw covered in cobwebs. He offered the SkyClan warrior a smile before reaching out to help him untangle his paw. “Thank you, Hickoryroot,” he mewed, gently pressing the sticky threads onto Wisteriastar’s wound.

The small tom hummed softly, looking the SkyClan warrior over. ‘I wonder…’ He thought to himself, whiskers twitching. “You seem rather interested in these things,” he observed, raising an eyebrow at the other tom. “It’s nice to see a warrior so eager to help a medicine cat.” Saplingskies offered a friendly smile, padding over to his herb basket. “We could use some more cobwebs, if you don’t mind. There are other cats with scrapes and such that need to be tended to…” He pulled a stick out of his basket, then passed it to Hickoryroot. “I’m sorry, I should have given this to you before, it makes collecting the stuff so much easier.” He dipped his head to dismiss the warrior, then returned to Wisteriastar’s side. He wondered if she was thinking what he was thinking…

Jetstream
    Participant

Wisteriastar had to make a conscious effort to keep her hackles flat at the tone in which Hornetstar was using towards her son, Coppercloud. Her fiery amber eyes narrowed in his general direction, but she held her tongue. It was of no secret to the other four Clans of the seaside to the rumors regarding the ShadowClan leader’s bad attitude– though she had to admit, she was somewhat disappointed to find that they were so true. She had always figured that perhaps other warriors were exaggerating when it came to the honey-furred tom. Nevertheless, at his congratulations towards her new status in her Clan, Wisteriastar found herself pleasantly surprised. Ah, so he does have some manners after all. She thought, amusement prickling her paws despite the current flooding situation.

“Hm, thank you.” She replied mildly, “RiverClan will not be dead weight under my leadership,” She assured him, “My warriors will provide any assistance you and Blazestar need of them while we are sharing the same space.” As Hornetstar left them, Wisteriastar’s attention reverted back to Saplingskies as the medicine cat continued to prod at her experience. The calico warrior did not flinch as cobwebs were pressed against her wound, merely flicking her opposite ear in acknowledgement to the tawny tom’s treatment. “Oh, you think so?” She questioned, blinking curiously at his interpretation. Wisteriastar frowned. “No, unfortunately. It was over so quickly, they didn’t tell me anything else.” She came alert when Hickoryroot approached their pair again, returning with the supplies that Saplingskies had asked of him. She sat up straight, watching the exchange quietly as the ShadowClan medicine cat spoke to him, more friendly and inviting than he was before. As he left once more, the calico she-cat suddenly got what he was doing.

“You don’t think…?” She trailed off, her jaw parting unceremoniously at what Saplingskies was suggesting. It just couldn’t be that easy, it was almost like the solution to her problems was jumping right into her paws.

Kami
    Participant

Fawncrest – RiverClan

Letting out a quiet sigh of relief as her apology was quickly accepted. “I’ll be glad once we can all return to our own camps. So much has happened…” The silver furred she-cat trailed off as she followed Harepaw’s gaze to watch her leader being treated, knowing she ought to be far more grateful to the other clans than she had been acting. Not only Harepaw, but all the medicine cats were doing their best to help out.

At the calico she-cat’s words, Fawncrest nodded solemnly. “They are,” she murmured sadly, lowering her head and staring blankly to the stone beneath her paws. Wisteriastar is our leader, now.” It was painfully hard to accept the loss of the two RiverClan cats, and at such a time where they were most needed. Wisteriastar had worked hard and taken over her new role of leadership well, and Fawncrest was grateful for it, but the sting of loss would take time to heal.

Hickoryroot – SkyClan

Approaching the two cats, Hickoryroot offered his paw out to Saplingskies, turning his paw to help as the ShadowClan cat worked at unwinding the webs, dipping his head at Saplingskies thanks and watching curiously as the threads were applied to Wisteriastar’s wound. “I’ve had an interest in herbs for many moons, now,” the tom replied, twitching his whiskers in embarassment. “I may not be the most experienced, but I want to learn whatever I can. Knowledge is useful, even to a cat like myself.”

“Of course,” he answered upon Saplingskies’s request, eyes shining as he eyed the basket, quickly picking it up in his mouth and padding back towards the cave depths. He’d not carried such an object before, though he had seen Saffrongaze using them, and with every few pawsteps it gently knocked against his chest. He lifted his head higher to account for the basket before setting to work, nosing around and remaining alert for the slightest hint of a tug against his whiskers that may hint to any harder to see threads. With the basket, he’d certainly be able to carry far more back, and he’d be able to move faster with use of all four legs— perhaps he’s have to ask one of the medicine cats how they were made when they weren’t busy.

SoliloquySilver
    Participant

Saplingskies watched Hickoryroot walk away, then looked back at Wisteriastar. His whiskers twitched at the expression on her face. “You know, sometimes the answer is that simple,” he mewed, curling his tail around himself. “It’s quite reminiscent of a kit offering to help out in the medicine den because they want to be a medicine cat. When he comes back, I’ll mention RiverClan’s need of a medicine cat, with your consent, of course, and we’ll see what happens from there. Perhaps he’ll be interested, perhaps not. Then, if he is, there’s the matter of telling Blazestar…” His whiskers twitched.

“Hopefully your new medicine cat isn’t actually supposed to be from ShadowClan. Hornetstar would die nine times over before giving up a cat to help another clan. Blazestar seems much more agreeable.” Saplingskies crossed his paws, taking a glance around the temporary camp. “We’ll have to see. Maybe StarClan will offer at least one of us some guidance on what to do when we sleep tonight.” He blinked slowly, a soft sigh escaping him. “Speaking of sleep, you should get some rest. You’ve had a long day.”

• This reply was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by Pawprints.
    Lux
    Participant

Honeysplash – Skyclan Warrior

The white tip of Honeysplash’s tail flicked about as SnowyOwl took the first bite. He had averted his gaze, knowing that he’d surely begin staring if he looked upon her. The gentle sound of her voice pulled his attention back.

Well, if you’re sure,” he mewed as he leaned in to take a bite. Of course, the scent of prey was strong. But the scent of SnowyOwl’s bloodied paws was stronger. He looked at her, head tilted with concern. “You ought to stop by the medicine den,” he mumbled around a mouthful of food. He swallowed, the cold prey refreshing his hunger pangs. Shouldn’t take them long to fix you up. They might not hurt too badly now, but it’ll be worse in the morning. Let’s just hope we don’t have to hunt in the mud, considering how today went.” He took another bite of prey before pushing it back. He was still pitifully famished. With any luck perhaps they’d all have full bellies by the late morning.

Jetstream
    Participant

At Saplingskies’s mention of his own leader’s gruff attitude, Wisteriastar could not refrain from snorting in amusement at his expense. “I agree,” she nodded, figuring that that sounded exactly like something the ShadowClan leader would do. “Blazestar is many levels more agreeable and easy to talk with than he is.” The RiverClan leader dipped her head at the medicine cat. “I appreciate your help, Saplingskies.”

When the he suggested that she rest, a small sigh escaped her. “We’re all exhausted,” she reasoned, glancing at the masses of a total of two and a half Clans sheltering this small space all together. “I can only hope that StarClan gives us a break soon.” The calico warrior got to her paws, finding them to be on much stable footing now than they were moments ago. She turned to go join the rest of her Clan in their respective space in the cave, but before she did, she paused and pressed her nose gently to the ShadowClan healer’s shoulder. “Thank you, Saplingskies. Please get some rest yourself soon. You certainly deserve it.” And with that, she left him.

Kami
    Participant

Hickoryroot – SkyClan

After a while of searching, Hickoryroot had gathered a good amount of cobwebs within the basket Saplingskies had lent him, carefully unwinding the threads he gathered and placing them inside bit by bit. His ears were perked forward with utmost interest in his work— this wasn’t his usual herb gathering back in SkyClan. He was actively being helpful, gathering things because he was asked to by a medicine cat. He felt as excited as a kit sitting before their leader, moments away from receiving their name as an apprentice. An excitement he, himself, had felt when he was a young cat. Back then, Hickoryroot had been so sure of his path in life, tearing through SkyClan’s territory as a proud apprentice. He’d been excited to recieve his warrior name, and yet his interests had often swayed to medicinal duties after he received his shoulder injury. Pausing, he gave the larger scar a swift lick. He’d learned a lot since then.

Shaking his head, he returned to his duties. His whiskers twitched at a slight tug as he nosed a crevice, and his eyes brightened at the intricate webs that had been weaved within. Gently, he extended a paw and began to pull the sticky threads out before placing them into his basket, pleased with the find. Picking the basket back up within his teeth, the tom strode back to deliver his findings, his tail raised happily.

As he neared the spot he had left, he noticed Wisteriastar had left, and he assumed the she-cat had gone to rest. He spotted Saplingskies and quickly made his way over, placing the basket down by the medicine cat’s paws. “Here you are,” Hickoryroot began, “I hope these will help!”

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums ShadowClan ShadowClan Territory the most temporary of homes [group event – sc/skc/rc – open]