Skip to toolbar

The Fox and The Hare

Forums ShadowClan ShadowClan Territory The Fox and The Hare

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    SoliloquySilver
    Participant

Snappingfox was not too comfortable living up in the mountains, but he was getting accustomed to it. His pads had become calloused, and he had learned how to hunt on the rocks without slipping or kicking up loose pebbles. He had to admit, springing on unsuspecting prey from higher rocks and ledges was kind of fun. After a long day of hunting, he had brought back quite an impressive amount of prey. Plenty to feed his family and some to share with the rest of the clan. After delivering prey to his mother, father, and sister, he deposited the rest into the mega clan’s fresh-kill pile. He kept out a rabbit and a mouse and began scanning the area, not really looking out for any cat in particular. He just felt like being nice. His whiskers twitched as his eyes landed on Harepaw, his older brother’s apprentice. She’d been pretty busy lately, so she was probably hungry, right?

“Hey there,” He mewed around the rabbit, silently padding up to the younger cat. “Thought you may be hungry-“ He trailed off to set the rabbit at Harepaw’s paws before continuing. He would keep the mouse for himself. “It’s fresh, I just came back from hunting. I’ve noticed that you’ve been running around helping cats a lot, figured you could use a break and a good meal. Mind if I join you?” The red warrior tilted his head, tail flicking gently. “I suppose we got off on the wrong paw when I saw you for my sprain a few moons back. Not the best first impression on my part.”

Hareflight [Mel]
    Participant

It had been the first time Harepaw had settled down in a while – there had been so many cats to tend to, not only from her own Clan, but from SkyClan and RiverClan as well. In part, she felt glad to have a moment to relax – the running around non-stop had been building a tension in her bones. However, instead of the tension falling, it spilled over, and Harepaw was suddenly hit with the overwhelming nature of their situation. If she had made one mistake – even one – in her rush of tending to all those cats, that could be someone’s death on her paws. And in her rush to make sure everyone was okay, she hadn’t even stopped to think about Mercury – the rogue she felt a strange connection to in ShadowClan’s territory. With this storm – were they okay? For a moment, her head swam, and was reminded of her anxiety-induced sickness when they had arrived in the mountains.

Then, a voice struck her back into reality, and her wide blue and amber eyes found the face of Snappingfox. As he spoke, Harepaw found she could do nothing but stare at him, surprised by the kindness in his words. As he mentioned, it hadn’t been the best impression when they had met last – though it certainly wasn’t as bad as it could have been. She took a deep breath, one ear flicking as a small smile fell onto her maw.

O-Of course. Please do join me.” She tilted her head, speaking slowly. Her voice was tired, but kind all the same. The horror of the storm seemed to have aged her quite a bit – then again, perhaps she would be just fine when they finally returned back to their camp. How she longed to curl up in the medicine den once more. “Thank you. F-for the rabbit. And the apology. I-I-It means a lot, Snappingfox.” Her paw reached out, tugging the rabbit towards her. “How… How have you be-been holding up? Up here in the mountains? C-Clearly you’ve learned how to hunt he-here.” She smiled, her brows curving upwards as she leaned down and took a bite, sighing softly in gratitude. Harepaw hadn’t realized how hungry she was until that moment.

SoliloquySilver
    Participant

With her consent, Snappingfox settled down near Harepaw, flicking an ear as she spoke. “You do a lot for ShadowClan, and, well, with the way Hornetstar speaks to Saplingskies, I figure it’s important that you know that your services are greatly appreciated by the rest of the clan.” He bit into the mouse, a satisfied purr escaping him as he savored the taste. Ever since the rain stopped, the prey seemed to be tasting better, at least in his opinion.

When the medicine cat apprentice asked how he was doing, he got a slightly irritated look on his face. “Honestly? I hate it up here and I’m ready to go home. There’s too many cats, and the ledges and loose stones, eugh.” The tom shuddered before taking another bite of his meal. “It’s too dangerous here. I can’t imagine any cat enjoying living up in these mountains. I’m ready to return to my warm, safe nest in the warriors’ den.” He cleared his throat, realizing he had been ranting a bit. “I will admit though, hunting here is quite an entertaining change of pace. Pouncing from rock to rock is pretty different from the way we hunt back home. If you ever get a break from the sick cats, maybe we could go hunting together? I can show you the ropes, if you’d like. You gotta be careful on the rocks.” He expected her to laugh him off, but he was serious. He’d gladly show her how to hunt on the mountain if she wanted.

Hareflight [Mel]
    Participant

She gazed at him curiously, smiling. It was true that Hornetstar didn’t always appreciate the medicine cats as much as he probably should. but she hadn’t heard  someone actually say it so frankly. The calico she-cat leaned down to take another bite of her meal, her eyes remaining fixed on Snappingfox as he spoke. His comments made an amused smile crack over her lips and she nodded in agreement. “<span style=”color: #ff9900;”>I agree, I can’t wait to be back in camp.“</span> She paused, considering what she was about to say before just deciding to spit it out. “<span style=”color: #ff9900;”>Something f-feels off up here. Like there’s someone, uh-, like there’s something watching us?</span>” Her head tilted, but she flicked an ear dismissively at her own comment.

At his next comment, her eyes widened slightly. As much as she thought it would be interesting and useful to learn how to hunt up here… She couldn’t help but remember her first hunting lesson, and although she had improved significantly since then, she still didn’t have the hunting skills of a warrior. “<span style=”color: #ff9900;”>I-I’m not sure. I’m not really.. a good hunter.</span>” Her brows furrowed and she shuffled her forepaws on the rock below her. Then, in a bit of a lighter tone, she said, “<span style=”color: #ff9900;”>And- And I’m clumsy enough as it is. W-Wouldn’t want to be clumsy anywhere near the rock cliff.</span>” A shudder ran down her spine at the thought, but she offered a gentle smile, leaning down to take another bite.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums ShadowClan ShadowClan Territory The Fox and The Hare