That Was Unexpected (FosterxCasper)

Forums The Outskirts The Outskirts That Was Unexpected (FosterxCasper)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Feared
    Participant

Casper ~ Rogue Mystic ~ Rogue

Casper was pleased that no one was arguing, keeping the peace was important for this young Tom. Whether they knew it or not, Mystic and Foster were alike in ways and even though they were rude to one another, it was greatly amusing for Casper. Mystic had slowed down her walk as she looked at the cream and brown pointed tomcat as he walked beside of Foster without a worry in the world, they looked nothing alike and she knew they weren’t related, but they certainly acted like brothers. Foster being the older and more protective brother while Casper was clueless but it was cute in a way. Deep blue eyes shifted to where she was now looking ahead of her as she walked, respite her fur being wet, she was still able to keep up with the two toms, the water never slowed her down. Ears twitched as she listened to Foster speak, her stomach grumbling at the thought of having moorland rabbits. “They are certainly worth the trouble, but it would be best to travel at night. Where the sun isn’t blazing down on us for that.” She explained, putting in her two cents whether it was wanted or not. Casper blinked as both felines spat out information, making him feel rather small and young, but he knew if he put forth the effort then they both would probably steer him in the right direction.

Mystic blinked as she noticed that Foster had slowed his pace to where he was now walking beside her, chin tilting slightly for a moment as her blue eyes quickly roamed over his face before she gave a slight shrug. She knew of these cats that he was speaking of. “Clan cats.” She nodded for a moment, her eyes drifting in the direction of where these cats lay. “They usually don’t stray from their borders, there are five clans that all have different characteristics. I don’t know the names of them all, but when I first made my journey here, I was asked to join one.” She explained of why she knew so much, her blue eyes finding Foster’s face once more. “I believe that Clan was WindClan… I’m almost positive. Nice bunch of cats but it wasn’t my cup of tea.” She shrugged, although she would have loved to belong and mean something to someone…. she had a goal every year for the coast and being stuck to a clan wouldn’t help. “Have you ever considered meeting with them? They do take in rogues or loners that are willing to learn their ways and possibly join their ranks.” Mystic asked Foster, her voice sounded teasing but her expression was curious. Casper was just in shock that she knew anything about the clans, picking up his pace to where he slithered in between Mystic and Foster. “Why didn’t you join?” He asked, eyes wide while Mystic stiffened and cleared her throat as she avoided the question. “Well.. I know a way through those mountains of yours. It’s a short cut of sorts to the coast. WindClan’s borders don’t reach that far, at least I’ve never seen them that far.” She meowed to Foster and Casper, whom was looking a little crestfallen.

Wolfstar
    Participant

~F O S T E R~

WindClan. Foster made a “hm” noise, honestly thinking the name sounded interesting to him, but why would there be five different Clans instead of one large one? Wasn’t it easier to share the resources instead of fighting for them constantly? The brown rogue continued to listen intently to the feisty black she-cat, and he shook his head. “No, I would never want to join a group of cats and stay there. The longest I have ever stayed in one place is that barn. Ever since I can remember I’ve been traveling and meeting new felines and experiencing new things. I never take the same route anywhere or even been to the same place twice. I don’t think I would ever want to be somewhere for long.” Foster’s tone of voice faltered slightly at those words and his eyes kept forward as they padded through the field. The hint of sadness in his voice was from a memory of his that he wanted to choose to forget, but it was hard to let go of something that defined you. The choices he made in life would stay with him forever, and he needed to accept that. He chose to never speak of it, not wanting to feel the hurt, regret, and guilt he carried within his mind and heart. 

Not wanting either Casper or Mystic to ask him any questions on that matter, he quickly meowed, “So, why do you keep going to the coast? And if you like it there so much then why do you leave just to go back again?” It was hard to imagine the sharp-tongued she-cat to really belong to anything or anyone other than herself, but he didn’t know her all that well. There was definitely more to her than meets the eye, and that interested him quite a bit. Casper was the complete opposite. What you saw was what you got, and that was why it was so easy for Foster to accept and trust him because he was easy to read. Mystic, however, had intense stories behind her eyes that he wanted to learn and understand. Why was she so sharp? 

In the barn, Luna finished the last of the mouse Jumper had quickly caught for her, but it was still not quite enough. The others hadn’t come back for awhile, and Jumper figured they were hunting. It was strange to think about her littermate going out and catching prey in the large, unknown world they were in. The longer she was away from their community, the more she began to realize how sheltered they were, and how most of their older male siblings had to have died unless they were lucky like she and Casper had been. Lucky. Living just because she was lucky almost felt like cheating. Luna looked up to see Jumper staring at her, waiting for her to be done with the mouse he caught. “Feel better?” he asked. Luna nodded and pushed the bones of the prey away from her before sitting up and stretching. She then tilted her head to her mate. “Since they’re gone for awhile, why don’t you start teaching me how to hunt? We have the time now.” She smiled at the brown tom, pressing her nose against his cheek. However, he stepped away from her, his eyes suddenly angered. “You don’t think I can take care of you well enough?”

Luna felt caught off guard, her mouth opening and closing as she thought on what to say. “Uh, no..no that’s not it, Jumper. I just figured I could be a help to the group as well. Are you okay? Ever since we found Casper and Foster you have been acting angry. What’s going on?” Jumper looked away from his mate and brought a paw up to his muzzle, rasping his pink tongue over the fur on his paw before running it behind his ears. “It might be because you practically told me to leave you, Luna. You would rather stay with your brother than leave with your mate if he didn’t want to come with us to the coast. You knew when Mystic and I let you in our group that we decided to get to the coast, and you agreed. So not only are you not loyal to me, but you’re also not loyal to our little group. Wouldn’t you agree?” Luna looked down at her paws with shame and guilt, hating that she was making Jumper feel this way. How was she so stupid? Why did she yell at him and tell him she wouldn’t go with him? I can’t remember my mother ever speaking to Dom like that. I’m such a horrible mate.I…I’m so sorry, Jumper,” she whispered, her eyebrows furrowing as her face became crestfallen. “I will never speak to you like that again. I promise.” After a few moments of silence, she looked up to see Jumper giving her a smile, the anger completely gone from his face.

Good.”

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Wolfstar.
    Feared
    Participant

Casper was walking between Mystic and Foster as he listened to their conversation, his big ears twitching here and there as he listened, chin tilting slightly. Mystic blinked for a moment as she noted the change is Foster’s tone as he trailed off with such a long face. She turned her chin to where she was watching the tomcats expression, pupils narrowing as she noticed that his yellow eyes appeared to be rather dull, expressing his sudden sadness. To her it sounded like he wanted to settle down and find a place where he could call home and relax. Like herself, Foster had many layers and she found herself curious to dive herself into each layer to understand him better. “I can understand that. I’m not much for being tied down for too long either.” She shrugged and her long tail swayed to where it lightly touched Fosters flank before she turned her face away and noticed that Casper was listening too keenly. “Hey, donut. Why don’t you scout ahead and tell me if you can scent a meadow rabbit.” Mystic suggested with an arched eyebrow while Casper blinked in momentary confusion. “Donut… me?” Casper asked hesitantly while Mystic gave him a look, causing the young Tom to shut his mouth and hurry forward. “Yes, Mystic!” He called over his shoulder blade and ran ahead of the two cats. “That kid really is clueless.” Mystic shook her head as she slowly breathed out a small sigh.

Slowly her tongue roamed over her teeth for a moment as she listened to Foster’s next question, and truly it was a good question but for now it was none of his concern. “You ask a lot of questions for a Tom who doesn’t seem to care for strangers.” She teased, her voice soft and alluring as she gently side stepped to bump his shoulder blade while her blue eyes gleamed for a moment before she shrugged. “I suppose that I love the scent of the ocean and the taste of some shrimp.” She moaned in bliss, truthfully she did have a certain love relationship with seafood, but she had another agenda. Sighing softly as she thought of Jumper, she had been stuck with the tomcat and he was a painful leech that always kept her pulled under the waves and although she was desperate to be free. She wasn’t sure that she could allow Luna to drown in her place, but she was gonna try. “I could go by myself.. but I’m starting to like little donut over there.” Mystic meowed softly, her eyes watching Casper thoughtful as he attempted with sniffing the ground while mumbling to himself. Why didn’t she just go by herself? Because she simply couldn’t afford to return home with others that could stand behind her. Sometimes family wasn’t too keen for your return.

Casper seemed to sense that Mystic and Foster were catching up to him, he could also feel that the she-cat was watching expectantly but his cheeks could only burn in honestly. “I… I don’t think I can track the rabbit.” He muttered honestly, he could smell mice and a few other tracks that he wasn’t aware of what they belonged to, but he hadn’t scented rabbit. Mystic smirked slightly as her mouth opened and she breathed in the scents around her, while Casper stared at her in confusion. “Sometimes you have to pick your nose out of the dirt, Donut. Try again, open your mouth and breathe in.” She instructed, gazing at Casper while he slowly breathed in and tried to taste the air. “Oh!” He exclaimed, his head turning to the East as he could scent the earthy and Heather like scent of the rabbit. “I smell one!” He gasped as he started to walk in that direction, while Mystic smiled faintly. “I see why you keep him around.” She meowed to Foster her blue eyes flicking towards the muscular Tom. “He has potential.” She shrugged, her slender figure following after Casper with a growl to her small stomach.

Wolfstar
    Participant

~F O S T E R~
    ~Luna~
    ~Jumper~

Foster watched Casper as he ran off ahead of them, his nose in the air and his paws flailing about as he tried to focus on the scent of prey he never had before. One of his eyebrows raised as he looked at Mystic. She knew Casper didn’t know a thing about tracking prey, so she must have wanted to be alone with him for some odd reason. He anticipated her asking him about his traveling life, but he was surprised when she didn’t mention it. “I never said I didn’t like strangers. I just don’t like strangers that demand I leave the place I’ve slept in for a moon because they think it’s theirs.” He gave the black she-cat a playful smirk. “I’ve met quite a few strangers and am always kind to them unless they provoke me out of the blue. I like listening to others’ stories.” Foster learned a lot from other rogues, loners, and even kittypets. He was lucky to have learned several different hunting and fighting techniques to fight many different species, including cats. Behind his scruffy coat were scars from battling with animals like badgers, foxes, and raccoons, and they all put different fights. When Mystic mentioned about not wanting to leave alone anymore because of her fondness for Casper, Foster’s muscles tensed. “Where Casper goes, I go too.” His voice was firm with his decision. “If he wants to leave with you to the coast then you better be alright with a scruffy tom joining as well.” 

Casper came back with a crestfallen face, and Foster couldn’t help but smile with amusement. From the beginning, he had told his cream-furred friend that he would train him until the first snow came. However, his heart now ached at the thought of leaving him behind, and he didn’t want to go through life with Casper by his side any longer. I’m tired of being alone. For the first time in his life, he had just made the decision to be permanently close to somebody. Foster turned to Mystic and nodded his head with agreement. “Yes, he really does,” he murmured, following after them. 

The sun was now in the middle of the sky by the time the three hunters came back. Foster carried two rabbits between his jaws as he lead Mystic and Casper to the barn where Luna and Jumper were waiting for them. Luna’s face brightened at the sight of the large prey, but Jumper watched them with a blank expression. “That took awhile,” he meowed. “But good job.” Luna jumped towards Casper who held a smaller rabbit, her eyes shining proudly. “Wow! You caught a rabbit! That’s amazing!” Foster dropped his prey in the center of the barn before sitting down to start cleaning the fur on his chest, his gaze drifting up to look at Jumper. Jumper’s tabby pelt was a little lighter than Fosters, and a lot cleaner. Also unlike Foster were his eyes, which were a sage-green instead of tulip-yellow. However, the expression they held was blank. Unreadable. It bothered Foster, and he looked away before the other rogue noticed he was being watched. Luna pressed against her brother’s coat for a moment before she was summoned by Jumper to stick by his side. “It smells so good. I could stay here forever.” She suddenly went rigid. “I mean until we head to the coast. You…you’ll come with us won’t you, Casper? I would love it if you left with me.” Her eyes were pleading as she gazed at her possibly only living sibling.

Feared
    Participant

Mystic was no fool, she knew that Foster was a tough ass cookie. He had taken her down with so little of a paw swipe it had been humiliating. But she was still considerably weak and skinny from her lack of meals that its tiresome. Her small black nose gave a twitch at the tomcat for a brief moment, her pupils dilating as she found his words to be rather amusing. “I suppose I can count that as fair.” She shrugged slowly, her long pink tongue running over her black lips for a brief moment. Ears twitched when Foster spoke, catching her attention once more as her deep blue eyes flickered back towards the tomcat as she noted that his pelt noticeably stiffened at the mention of Casper. He’s really attached to little donut. She thought to herself before giving a faint nod. “I see. Well that is completely up to him and Luna.” She meowed softly, her eyes looking ahead of her once more as her gaze followed Casper’s cream and brown fur, picking up her pace as she followed after the young Tom.

Hours went by with Foster and Casper being the main hunters, truly she only helped with tracking. She was still too weak to be chasing after rabbits but she had caught a few field mice and munched upon their meat in order to keep up with the boys. As they walked up to the barn, Mystic noticed the expression upon Jumper’s face and honestly she didn’t like it. He wasn’t pleased that she had left with the other cats and he seemed irritated with Luna. Luna. She thought to herself as her blue eyes flickered towards the cream and black dappled she-cat, before she cleared her throat for a moment and looked away from a Jumper. Jumper couldn’t push her around but he certainly could with Luna, she was just too soft. Casper was carrying a smaller rabbit but he had caught it all by himself and he was by far incredibly excited. Spotting his sister only made it that much more exciting as the younger molly jumped towards him in her own excitement, her blue eyes gleaming. “Loof what I cauf.” Casper exclaimed around the fur of the rabbit, his own blue eyes beaming. Casper purred softly for a moment when his sister pressed against him, reminding him once more just how much he had missed his sister. Although he appeared a bit crestfallen when Luna moved away but he couldn’t say much, Jumper was her mate.

Although, Mystic did not seem amused as she clearly glared at Jumper for beckoning his mate like a little pup. She kept her mouth shut for the meantime, but she noticed how Luna stiffened and she bit on the inside of her cheek as she decided to move forward. “Luna, why don’t you and brother discuss that over his nice rabbit?” Mystic asked sweetly while her deep blue eyes flashed up at Jumpers face as she dared the tomcat to fight her. Casper jumped at the opportunity instantly as he moved forward and gently brushed his pelt against Luna’s and led her towards the entrance of the barn, he always enjoyed eating while overlooking the field. “Come on.” He meowed softly around the rabbit. Mystic glared at Jumper, the fur along her scruff rising slightly as she wordlessly indicated for the tomcat to stay right where he was while she meowed tartly. “Foster caught a nice fat rabbit with your name on it. Why don’t you go munch on it.” Mystic meowed once Casper and Luna were out of earshot.

Casper lowered himself to the floor boards, positioning the rabbit on the ground while pushing the rabbit in Luna’s direction as he glanced over his shoulder for a brief moment, watching Jumper and Mystic before he licked his sisters ear. “That felt tense… is everything okay?” He asked softly as he nosed the rabbit closer to his sister, she needed it more. As she dug into the rabbit, Casper watched for a moment before he looked down at his paws and kneaded the rotten floor boards. “I’ve really missed you Luna, but I’m not going anywhere without Foster. He’s been there for me since I was kicked out.” He muttered hesitantly, briefly looking up at Luna before he looked down. “I don’t really want you to leave either… do you all have to go to the coast?” Casper asked in a small and weak voice.

Wolfstar
    Participant

~F O S T E R~
    ~Luna~
    ~Jumper~

Foster hadn’t liked the way that Jumper beckoned Luna over to his side in such a controlling way, and he stiffened, bunching his muscles as he was about to stand up and defend her. But Mystic beat him to it, clearly separating the two mate’s by telling Luna to share Casper’s rabbit. He watched Jumper’s eyes flicker angrily at Mystic, his upper lip twitching like he wanted to snarl, but then his expression changed in a split second and he gave the black she-cat a little smile. “Yes, good idea. They should catch up after being apart for so long.” He stood up and padded towards the pile of prey, dipping his head and looking up at Foster as he grabbed one of the rabbits. “Thank you very much. You’re quite skilled, aren’t you? Hard to believe anything could take you down.” He lifted the rabbit up and brushed past Foster to step out of the barn and out of sight. Foster watched him leave and it felt like thousands of ants were crawling up and down his spine. There was something a little menacing and angry about the other tabby that Foster couldn’t quite put into words. He turned towards Mystic and blinked questioningly. “How do you stand him? He sends chills down my spine. Not because I think he could hurt me, but because he’s…I don’t know.” Again, he couldn’t put it into words. “Anyways, why don’t you share this last rabbit with me? We’ll save those mice for tonight or tomorrow morning.” 

Foster brought the rabbit to where she was standing and plopped it in front of her paws. “Have the first bite.” He nodded towards her before settling down on the barn floor, getting comfortable. He looked up at her curiously. “So, tell me a little about yourself. We’re sharing the same shelter yet I still know nothing about you other than your love for shrimp and that you want to go to the coast.” He had to admit to himself that knowing a little more about Mystic was quite alluring to him. She was mysterious, as was he, and he knew he wouldn’t get anything out of her unless he was willing to talk about himself as well. “I have actually never been to the coast that you’re referring to. However, I’ve been to another coast on the opposite end where I met quite a few kittypets that lived on the the houses on shore and they taught me how to fish in the little streams that connected to the salt water.” He waited for her to finish taking her bite before taking his own, motioning with his tail that it was clearly her turn to speak.

Luna flattened her ears for a few moments when Mystic pulled her away from Jumper, but now she was sitting comfortably by her littermate’s side, relaxed for the first time since they had arrived at the barn. When Casper asked her if everything was alright, she nodded her head immediately and tried giving him a reassuring smile. “Of course! Jumper just isn’t used to other cats and he’s been protecting me for about a month now, so I think it’s hard for him to relax and be trust everyone.” She was grateful when the subject changed, but his answer to her question wasn’t one she was hoping for. “I’ve missed you too, Casper. I don’t want to leave without you but…I have to be loyal to the cats who found me and to Jumper. He’s taken such great care of me. Do you think Foster would leave with you? He seems friendly enough and I’m sure Mystic would let you both come. She seems to be getting more and more relaxed with you two.” Without thinking much about it, Luna dug into the rabbit in front of them, tearing at the skin and moving it away before sinking her teeth into the meat. Instantly, her eyes widened and she looked at her brother with wonder in her eyes as she chewed. “Wow,” she mumbled. “This tastes…amazing! I wish there was rabbit back at home.” The mention of home made her eyes lower with sadness, the image of Dom with a gaping wound in his neck and side gushing out blood that stained her paws. The screams of their family as the humans took them away, and passer-byers running away as fast as they could without helping her. It had been such a dark day, and she was lucky she hadn’t been one of them. 

Feared
    Participant

Deep blue eyes watched Jumper carefully as his attention shifted from Luna and landed upon her, however she was more than capable of defending herself and when his lips curled slightly her pupils narrowed into thin slits. Jumper seemed to finally get the message as her muscles tensed as she prepared herself for a fight. Nostrils flaring as she huffed out a breath and continued to watch Jumper with a narrowed gaze even when he walked past her and moved towards the rabbit. She wasn’t sure why, but it bothered her that Jumper threatened Foster and it caused her long black tail to lash in irritation for a moment. Slowly she breathed in deeply for a moment before she turned in order to face Foster as he seemed just as frazzled as she was about the whole situation. She was trying to calm herself down when Foster spoke, his dark brown tabby fur ruffled, causing a few scars to peel at her but she was too angry to think about them. “Honestly…. he has his good days.” She grumbled, closing her eyes to steel herself before she started to pad towards Foster as he offered her a piece of his catch. “When I first ran into him I was injured and needed help. Jumper helped nurse me back to health and I haven’t been able to get rid of him ever since.” She growled slightly, although in her midst of passion, she hadn’t meant to let that slip but she kept her composure as she lowered herself beside the tomcat. “Don’t mind if I do, Scruffy.” Mystic snickered as she was beginning to finally calm down, tail tip twitching anxiously.

Used a small paw she scooped the rabbit towards her, using her fine canines to snip at the skin and tear it back. She hadn’t been expecting to get any rabbit this afternoon but she was certainly pleased. Lowering her head she took a delicate bite out of the rabbits leg, “Mmmmm.” She groaned in bliss as the juices coated her tongue, causing her ears to lay back against her head as she chewed. Ear twitched in Foster’s direction as he spoke, clearly he was curious about her but she would be lying if she said she wasn’t curious about him. “Oh, but I certainly do love shrimp.” She couldn’t help the purr that tickled the back of her throat, she certainly loved shrimp, they were truly her first love. Sighing softly she lifted her head and roamed her tongue over her teeth, while Foster went on to speak about his experiences with the coast in the opposite direction. Blue eyes widened in surprise, chin tilting slightly for a moment. “You certainly don’t stay in one place for too long. I have personally never been that far, just too far of a distance.” She decided, about this time of year she wouldn’t make in time to her coast if she traveled that far. Although she was thinking about what could be interesting about her that Foster would want to know. “I’m not a bad hunter or fighter, but I am a little weak at the moment to prove my talk.” She snickered slightly, looking away from Foster as she pushed the rabbit back towards him. “I come from a big alley family, I’m not too fond of them and they aren’t too fond of me.” She admitted while she shifted to where she could look at the rugged tomcat more clearly. “What about you, Scruffy? Where was home at one time?” She questioned curiously.

Casper cleared his throat as he was unsure about Luna’s answer, but the way her mate had been acting this afternoon made him uncomfortable. “Okay… well that’s great.” He meowed uncertainly but he wouldn’t press her on the matter, instead he smiled softly and gave a small nod. He listened to her silently and curiously while he hesitantly licked his lips, sighing softly for a moment as he considered if Foster would actually leave with the group. Looking over his shoulder, he could see that Foster and Mystic were sharing a rabbit and seemed to be getting cozy with each other. He couldn’t help but smile, both felines were pretty badass in his opinion and it made sense that they would be attracted to each other. “May-“ He broke off when Luna exclaimed just how good the rabbit was, causing him to look towards his Littermate with a grin on his lips. “I am glad you like it.” He purred and looked down at the rabbit as it was pushed back at him. “I don’t know, Luna. Maybe I can talk to Foster and see if he would even want to go.” He mumbled softly before he took a slow and thoughtful bite out of rabbit.

Wolfstar
    Participant

~F O S T E R~
    ~Luna~

Foster waited for Mystic to finish taking her bite before he dug in, sinking his teeth into the leg of the rabbit. Its juices filled his mouth as he chewed, and it was a nice change to have the gamy rabbit rather than the sweet mouse. The smell of heather wafted up his nose from the rabbit fur, and it reminded him of- Stop. Just eat the meat. He turned his attention back to the black she-cat, his head tilting to the side as he took another bite. A big alley family? It seemed like everyone he met that was around here came from a family from the alley’s where Twoleg’s roamed. Why would anyone want to be so close to the large creatures that didn’t speak their language and only seemed to do more harm than good? Foster swallowed the rabbit and shrugged his shoulders at her question. “I really never had a home. Like I’ve said before, I’ve never stopped at one place for too long. It’s just always been a part of who I am. My first memory is padding alongside a she-cat that wasn’t my mother, traveling towards the coast I told you about. She died early on, but then I found someone else to take me in. Once I was old enough to be on my own, I left them and became a loner. This barn is the closest to a ‘home’ I’ve ever really had, but I don’t think of it as home. It’s just another place before I move on again.” He turned his head to look at Casper who was conversing with his sister, their heads close together and their pelts sleeked comfortably. Luna was chewing on the rabbit with a bright expression on her face, and Foster couldn’t help but smile a little before looking back at Mystic. 

Foster needed me,” he meowed. “He was helpless and weak, and he didn’t even know how to hunt a mouse. I’ve never had to look after someone before, but I couldn’t just leave him. There is something about him that made me stick around for the first time, and I don’t want to be separated from him. That’s why I told you wherever he goes, I go, because he’s family now. If he chooses to go with you then I will follow. I hope you’re okay with that.”  

Luna took another bite of the rabbit as Casper spoke, and she knew it was definite that he wouldn’t leave Foster if the raggedy rogue didn’t want to go. The cream-colored she-cat frowned, and without thinking, she stood up to pad towards Mystic and Foster, her eyes resting on the other tom’s face. She had approached them so confidently, her chest was even puffed out, but once he looked back at her she immediately wanted to hide in her own coat. “Oh, um, hi…sorry…quick question. Um…” Luna took in a large breathe and exhaled slowly to relax before continuing. “Mystic, Jumper, and I are still wanting to go to the coast. I want my brother with me, but he won’t come unless you want to and I don’t know if I can handle being separated from my family again. So, please, please consider going with us because I won’t truly be happy ever again if I have to-“

I’ll go.” Foster couldn’t help but chuckle softly at her immediacy. “You don’t have to beg a traveler at heart to travel. I’m tired of looking at these walls anyways.” He looked around the black-speckled Luna at Casper. “Are you for sure wanting to go? You haven’t trained much, but I’m sure we could continue training through our travels. We won’t have the luxury of eating mice whenever we want anymore.”

Feared
    Participant

Mystic listened carefully to Foster as he spoke, for whatever the reason she simply found the tomcat to be rather intriguing. Nodding slowly as he explained that no where was really home, but she hadn’t missed the far longing gaze he had when sniffing the meadow rabbit. Although it was only for the briefest of moments, she hadn’t missed it. He was holding something back but it wasn’t for her to pry into his personal life, at least not for a mow. She waited patiently until it was time for her to gain another bite of the rabbit, her ears laying flat against her head in bliss as she took another bite out the rabbits meat. Her starving stomach rumbling with satisfaction as she closed her eyes and jerked her chin backwards to rip the meat from the bone, her mouth instantly becoming full of the juices from the meat. Chewing slowly as her deep blue eyes flickered to where Casper and Luna were sitting and talking to one another, her chin tilting slightly for a long moment. If she had known all those years ago… would she have tried to do that same for…?

Clearing her throat she looked away from the two young cats and gave a small nod. “That’s understandable. They are innocent and this life is far from that.” She simply agreed for a moment as she swallowed her mouthful, a kitty brow rising as she noticed that Luna stood up abruptly and was marching in their direction. She instantly recognized the fiery expression that Luna wore and she couldn’t help the small airy laugh that slipped past her ebony lips. “Oh this should be good.” She mused as Casper quickly pushed himself up as he hurried after his sister with his ears pressed back against his head. “Luna!” He whispered in agitation but it was too late. Casper listened quietly before Foster chuckled and interrupted his sister, causing a single brow of his to rise and his chin to tilt for a moment in surprise that his friend was agreeing to ago, mostly because he was tired of looking at these walls? A day ago he had been about to defend this barn with everything he had. Mystic kept her surprise in check, simply watching Luna and Casper. There was not mistaking that they were siblings and she admired how much they cared for one another, that was rare. Her heart suddenly ached but she tried to keep that to herself as Casper stumbled over his words. “I-I know. B-but I will train hard everyday. I just…” His crystal blue eyes flickered towards his sister in a longing way. He was loyal to Foster but he knew he couldn’t be torn away from his sister. “Well that’s settled then.” Mystic finally purred as she pushed her slender and tall figure up from the ground as she moved forwards and knocked her shoulder in an affectionate manner into both Luna and Casper. “Your scenting abilities need to be tuned in. Foster can teach you to fight with strength but I have a few tricks up my fur.” She meowed softly while Casper couldn’t help but smile and looked towards Foster as he jumped forward and licked his friends ear. “Thank you, Foster!” He grinned widely before he turned to his sister and bumped his head against his sisters shoulder blade. Mystic moved to where she was now laying down beside Foster once more, for a scruffy beast, she sure did find herself drawn to him. Although she knew she was letting her walls down when it regarded the two young cats in front of her. Luna was supposed to be her escape from Jumper but the more and more she got to know Luna, she was finding it harder to do so.

Wolfstar
    Participant

~F O S T E R~
    ~Luna~
    ~Jumper~

Foster smiled softly at Luna’s surprised stance, her eyes wide and her tail stiff. He could tell she expected an argument from him, and it wasn’t long before her eyes gleamed with happiness at the actual outcome. The brown rogue’s ears flattened when Casper bounced towards him to lick his ear with gratefulness, but a purr escaped the back of his throat. I have to admit, it’s nice to be around others and make them happy. Despite being in the bodies of adult felines, Casper and Luna were still kittens in the world, and it was nice to watch them be ecstatic over exploring together. Foster glanced at Mystic, noticing the gleam of affection in her own eyes. He felt the warmth from her body as she settled back down beside him, and he found himself leaning a little closer. “I think we’ll make a good team,” he meowed to her, nodding towards Casper and Luna. “I like teaching how to fight and you’ll do well teaching them to hunt and use their senses. I have to say, teaching Casper how to hunt was my least favorite. It requires a lot of patience that I sometimes don’t have.” His whiskers twitched with amusement. “And you’ll need a lot of patience with that tom.” The love Foster felt for Casper was unmistakable. It was like father and son; a relationship that Foster had missed out on by his own accord. However, it was also a best-friendship which made the relationship very unique and unlike anything he had ever had.

Jumper had been listening from outside of the barn with his shoulders stiff from tension, and his tongue licking the outside of his lips to lap up the last of the rabbit blood. His head was lowered, but his eyes were looking up at the wooden walls, staring at the crevices, cracks, and splinters. He had only come to this barn with Mystic only twice before, and each time he remembered watching her sleep during the night under the full moon, her black fur strikingly beautiful underneath the fitful silvery light. Her chest would rise up and down to the rhythm of his heartbeat as she breathed, and her tiny toes would twitch with her dreams. She never once thanked him for his protection. She never once thanked him for being a good friend, and that irritated him a little bit. The brown tabby’s ears twitched at the sound of excited mews coming from the siblings when Foster agreed to go with them, and Jumper snarled with annoyance. He didn’t like the large tom and pathetic brother from the start, but Luna wanted them so he knew he had to deal with it. “Unless of course an accident happens,” he whispered to himself, the edges of his lips lifting in a curly smile. Jumper stood up and shook his head and body, his fur fluffing up from the movement. He bounded forward and strutted inside, his eyes immediately softening with innocence and curiosity. “What’s going on?” he asked the group.

Luna was pressing against her brother’s side when Jumper padded inside the barn, and she looked at her mate with an excited expression. “They’re coming with us to the coast, Jumper! Isn’t that great?” His tail flicked to motion Luna towards him and she did so obediently, a smile still plastered on her face. “Yes, that’s wonderful,” he answered, giving both Casper and Foster a dip of his head. “I’m glad you decided to join. I think we should head out sooner than later, what do you guys think?” He rasped his tongue over Luna’s forehead as she purred, eyeing Mystic as if challenging her to say something about Luna coming up to him again. You defied me so now you have to watch me be loved by someone else. Foster shrugged his shoulder and looked at Mystic himself. “I’m fine with it if you are.” 

Feared
    Participant

Casper ~ Rogue • Mystic ~ Rogue

Deep blue eyes watched the two siblings as they expressed how excited they both were, they weren’t that old and she couldn’t even remember when she had traveled with kittens their age. Although, they were growing and growing, Mystic still found it odd that Jumper had jumped at the opportunity to become Luna’s mate. Silently she had been grateful, but she was unsure if she could actually go through with leaving Luna with Jumper. He knew too many of her secrets. She blinked as she brought out of her thoughts as Foster leaned closer to her, his shoulder blade lightly touching her own as she slightly leaned her cheek closer to hear him while Casper and Luna spoke amongst themselves. “I suppose you are right, Scruffy. I don’t see you being the type for patience.” She snickered softly, but it was done out of a friendly tone. Her blue eyes found Casper once more as Foster mentioned that she would need the patience for him, her lips twitching as a faint smile found its way back onto her muzzle. “When I’m through with him he won’t have any time to day dream.” She meowed back to Foster, her shoulder blade gently bumping against the big tom’s as she watched Casper leap forward to display affection towards Foster. He was a gentle and innocent soul, something that was rare for their kind.

Casper wasn’t paying any attention to Foster and Mystic as they spoke, but he was already acutely aware that the two felines were going to get along just fine and with Mystic’s strength returning he was rather excited to learn how to use his senses better. “I wonder what the coast will look like, or… or smell like.” He breathed in wonder, before he noticed the tabby striped pelt of Jumper as he waltzed back into the barn, but to his untrained eye the young Tom couldn’t notice anything off about his sisters mate. Only that he always beckoned her back to his side whenever Luna was near him, his side already aching for the warmth of his sisters pelt. Mystic however was no fool, she could see with the way he was eyeing her that he wasn’t fond of the way that she had stood up for Luna. She knew that before he had taken Luna for a mate that he had been pinning over her, and sure they had a little fun together but her feelings for him were nonexistent. The defiant way he flicked his tail and beckoned Luna bothered her to no end, causing her whiskers to twitch with annoyance as she gave Jumper a look but she didn’t dare say anything. She didn’t want to cause a scene. Instead, she blinked in surprise when Jumper stared right at her while he licked Luna’s forehead, her tail lashing once as she instantly could see that he was trying to get under her skin. It was working, but not for the reasons he wanted. Slowly she blinked and looked towards Foster, her deep blue eyes searching his yellow before she glanced towards that of the sky outside of the barn. “I agree. But the sun is high in the sky, we can either leave tomorrow morning or travel by nightfall.” She shrugged, looking back at Foster as she gave him a soft smile.

Wolfstar
    Participant

~F O S T E R~
    ~Jumper~
    ~Luna~

Foster looked up at the sky as Mystic spoke, his eyes narrowing as he quickly glanced where the sun currently was. It was just a little over the midway point, which meant it was the last half of the day now. “Hm. You might be right. I say we leave early in the morning.” He glanced Jumper’s way. “Mystic and Luna should rest for the night at least. I’ve never been to where we’re journeying so I’m not sure what the prey is like. We’ll feast on mice tonight and tomorrow morning before setting off.” He looked around the barn that he and Casper called home for about two moons now, and he was surprised when he felt a pang of loss at the thought of leaving it behind forever. Well, maybe forever. Foster had never revisited a place he stayed at, but who knew what was going to happen now that he decided to permanently stay by Casper’s side. Suddenly, he realized that because he stuck with Casper, that meant he would be stuck with Jumper as well because there was so way Casper and Luna would want to separate ever again. He gave Jumper the side-eye, looking him over for a few moments before turning away and playing with the rabbit bones on the ground. I don’t like Jumper at all. I have a feeling there might be some issues with him on the journey. Foster wanted to question Mystic further on why she hung around Jumper for so long, but he didn’t dare say anything with the tabby in question close enough to listen. 

After a few moments, Jumper looked away from Mystic when he felt positive she wouldn’t dare say a word. He wanted to smirk. He wanted to stalk up to her and get in her face about how great it was to see her submissive to him for once. He wanted to- “I need some water. Jumper, can you come with me?” Luna looked up at her mate, completely unaware of the strange thoughts that raced his mind. He gave the black-spotted cream-colored she-cat a smile, and a purr rumbled in his throat. “Of course, my love. I feel like spending some alone time with you anyways. Who knows when the last time we’ll be alone is?” With one last glance at Mystic, he pressed hard against Luna’s side and padded out of the barn with their tails entwined. Foster watched them with the same feeling of ants crawling up his spine and onto his neck. Was it possible that he just seemed weird? Maybe there was something Luna saw in him that the rest of the group didn’t see, and all he had to do was get to know him. I’ll have to spend time with him later, he thought, not wanting to interrupt the two mates. Foster looked at Casper and gave him a smile, wanting to spend some alone time with him as well to talk about the journey, but he didn’t want to be rude and leave Mystic alone. “It seems there are only three of us for a little while. What would you guys like to do for the rest of the evening?”

Feared
    Participant

Mystic was beginning to feel herself drain under Jumper’s piercing gaze, she wasn’t aware of just how deep in his veins that she was but the way he looked at her made her feel awkward. What she had figured what a simple love, she was gravely mistaken, but she didn’t know that. For now, she gazed right back at him as he stared at her, while Luna was oblivious to the fact of the stares that Jumper and Mystic were sharing. Instead she took in a deep breath when Luna finally asked her mate if they could get some water, her own whiskers twitching as she caught the deeper meaning of what Jumper was meaning. Luna was his mate and Mystic couldn’t stop everything, her tongue snapped against the roof of her mouth as Jumper led his mate out of the barn, he was acting strange as he pressed against Luna. As if he were trying to provoke Mystic, but she wasn’t taking the bait. She had no desire in claiming Jumper as hers. Ears twitched when Foster spoke, causing her attention to snap back towards the two toms before, as she suddenly noticed that Casper was watching her carefully. Quickly she changed her expression and gave the two a small nod.

“Oh please, do not drag me into your male-ish acts. I’ll stay around the barn while you two go enjoy yourselves for the rest of the evening.” Mystic meowed softly, silently she knew that she wasn’t strong enough to make the long journey but she was certainly going to try since Jumper had put her on the spot. He knew she was weak from their long trek here, whatever he thought he was getting out of this, she would prove him wrong. Although the dull ache of exhaustion was nipping at her heels, she ignored it. Casper was looking at Mystic, her expression was that of concern and irritation and it wasn’t something he was used to seeing on her face. He had known her for a little more than a day and he was aware that this she-cat wasn’t the soft feline that he was. As she excused herself from being with them, he could help but feel a jab at his chest. He liked Mystic and even though Jumper was hogging his sister… she was his mate. “Are you sure, Mystic…?” Casper asked hesitantly as he walked towards the sleek black furred she-cat, his forehead lightly bumping against her side in concern. “Casper, do not mother me. Enjoy time with Foster.” Mystic clipped, causing Casper to sigh as he nodded and moved towards Foster and used his nose to poke at his ‘fathers’ cheek. “I guess Mystic will be staying here. How about practicing fighting moves..?” He suggested with a small shrug as he side glanced Mystic, whom arched an eyebrow, Casper was surely persistent and a little cutie. “It would be amusing to see Foster beat you to a pulp.” Mystic purred while Casper rolled his eyes.

Wolfstar
    Participant

~F O S T E R~

‘Male-ish acts’?” Foster chuckled with amusement. “You heard the she-cat, Casper. We shant bother the tender feline with our burly male shenanigans.” When Casper poked at his cheek, Foster put a little more weight on his hind legs as he lifted up his forepaw to rub the top of Casper’s head, still chuckling. He looked at Mystic and smiled. “Maybe it’s because you don’t understand our male-ness, but Casper can surely beat me to a pulp. Can’t you tell? He’s vicious.” With a light tail flick to indicate a goodbye, he bumped shoulders against Casper before bounding away from Mystic and out of the barn with his friend at his heels. Foster slowed and lifted his nose to scent the air, immediately veering right which was the opposite direction of where Jumper and Luna headed towards. The last thing Foster wanted to do was scar Casper’s innocence. When they got farther away from the barn, Foster slowed down to fall into step with Casper as they got closer to their destination. 

So, now that we’re alone…What do you really think about getting away from here? You’ve never journeyed anywhere before so everything will be new. And you and I haven’t talked about what we really think of the other’s yet.” Foster slowed to a halt as they got to a small clearing that was perfect for combat fighting. However, he sat down and tilted his head at his friend. “I like Mystic, surprisingly. I think she’ll be a good asset to journeying somewhere new. And of course I like your sister who is very sweet and kind. But Jumper…There’s something about him that gives me chills. What do you think about them?” He questioned, hoping Casper would truly have an opinion on everyone. He didn’t want Casper to be as easily trusting as he was with Foster, because most felines were not as welcoming as he had been. 

Feared
    Participant

Casper looked hesitantly at Mystic as he felt unsure of whether they should leave the she-cat alone, but she gave him a small nod as she lowered her slender head upon her dainty paws, causing him to sigh softly for a moment before he looked ahead of himself to notice that Foster had already slipped out of the barn. Oh, shit! Casper thought you himself in a moment of panic as he swiftly rushed out of the barn after his companion with a carefree smile upon his face. Of course, he was unaware of the activities that his sister and Jumper were performing and he was honestly lucky to have Foster with him, his innocence couldn’t be ruined that quickly just yet. His little brown nose twitched slightly as he hurried after Foster, it felt good for it to just be the two of them again. He had a feeling that just the two of them wouldn’t have a lot of time to each other and that was okay, but he smiled slightly as he looked up at the big brown tabby cat. He blinked slowly as his friend spoke, letting his chin tilt ever so slightly as his bright blue gaze slowly lowered to where he was watching the grass as he walked by and shrugged slightly. “I don’t know. It feels weird thinking about leaving.” Casper admitted before he looked back up at Foster. “But I know that you like to travel and you want to go to the mountains. Because you are suicidal.” Casper added with a hesitant laugh, the mountains sounded terrifying to him. “But you are stuck with me so I need to get used to traveling.” He beamed, the cream colored fur along his scruff sticking up.

As they reached their spot, he smiled as he moved to where he was now sitting down in front of Foster, his pupils narrowing ever so slightly in thought. Although he couldn’t help but admit that he was happy that Foster liked Mystic, although they had a scuffle yesterday, the two seemed to be warming up to one another rather quickly. “I really like Mystic.” Casper agreed with a purr, and his cheeks warmed up slightly for a moment when Foster mentioned that he also like Luna, which was a relief. Although when Jumper was mentioned, Casper hesitated and began to chew on the inside of his cheek. “Jumper is odd.” He nodded slowly and looked towards Foster. “But he is my sisters mate and she seems to really care for him. But… I don’t think… Mystic likes him.” Casper said slowly and carefully, he wasn’t the best at reading others but he could feel the tension between those two earlier and it made him feel uncomfortable. Did it make Foster uncomfortable too?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums The Outskirts The Outskirts That Was Unexpected (FosterxCasper)