Taking It Into Your Own Paws – Snappingpaw and Harepaw

Forums ShadowClan ShadowClan Camp ShadowClan Medicine Den Taking It Into Your Own Paws – Snappingpaw and Harepaw

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Hareflight [Mel]
    Participant

For the third time today, Harepaw was going through the herbs, organizing them in just the way Saplingskies liked them to be. It was her way of coping with the nerves that had grown since he had gone out of camp to wait out his illness. It wasn’t the matter of if she could look after her Clan – Saplingskies had taught her well, and although she sometimes doubted herself, she had a good grasp on the job. Besides, the Clan had been doing well, and it hadn’t been busy for her. However, Saplingskies had been gone a while, and it was beginning to worry her. He had told her not to come after him in case the disease – whatever it was – was contagious, but at what point should she go out to make sure he wasn’t…

Harepaw let out a shaky breath, her ears twitching as she went back to her organization, her tail bobbing as she nudged around herb after herb. Saplingskies would be fine, but for now she had to focus on doing her job.

SoliloquySilver
    Participant

A tall, muscular red tom limped into camp, an obvious look of anger and frustration on his face, orange eyes blazing. He hadn’t been to see Ash in over a moon, and on the day he planned to sneak out and go see her, he hurts his paw during training. Typical. Not to mention that he was due to become a warrior any day now! This would delay his final assessment for sure.

Snappingpaw snorted and shook his head, tail lashing as his eyes landed on the medicine den. He wondered if Saplingskies was back yet. Their parents had been fretting over him since the day he left to wait out his illness, even with the new kits Briarfeather had very recently delivered. He rolled his eyes. Saplingskies would be fine, he wasn’t a helpless kit. The two toms may not get along very well, but Snappingpaw knew that his older brother could take care of himself.

He made his way over to the den, silently hoping that… what was her name again? Rabbitpaw? Berrypaw? He couldn’t place her name. He just hoped she was in.

He peered into the den, searching in the darkness until he spotted the calico she-cat. She almost looked like Saplingskies, sitting there fretting over the order of the herbs. Strange.

“Hey, you!” Snappingpaw called, limping in. He knew it was rude to just barge in like that, but he didn’t really care. He needed his paw taken care of as soon as possible. “I hurt my paw during training.” He informed her bluntly, plopping into one of the patient nests and sticking his paw out for Harepaw to examine. He was still trying to remember her name. There was no way he was going to ask, since he knew it would make him look stupid. He waited for her to come over, tail flicking irritably.

Hareflight [Mel]
    Participant

She had just finished organizing the herbs, and was about to start the fourth time when there was a shout at the entrance to the den. Harepaw’s fur fluffed and she spun around, dual coloured eyes wide in surprise. She opened her mouth to welcome the tom – who she recognized as Saplingskies’ brother – inside, but he was already coming in. She watched him plop down in one of the nests and stick out his paw, and took one more glance at the herbs before trotting over to him. “R-R-R-” Harepaw sucked in a breath through her teeth, her whiskers twitching as she prepared to try again. “Right. Right, so you hurt it during training,” she echoed as she thought back on all that Saplingskies had taught her. Resting her paw under Snappingpaw’s, she leaned in to look at it. “It- It does seem to, uh, be swelling a bit,” she raised her paw underneath his to apply a little pressure to the paw. “Does this hurt?” Her gaze was concerned, even though she suspected it was just a mere sprain. Of course she was concerned for her clanmates, but she was also concerned about making a mistake, misdiagnosing, What if Saplingskies came back and found out she really wasn’t capable? Her ears twitched dismissively and she banished these thoughts. Whatever happened, Harepaw had a job to do.

SoliloquySilver
    Participant

Snappingpaw narrowed his eyes, hissing a bit as the small she-cat applied pressure to his paw. “Of course it hurts, mousebrain!” He growled, tugging his paw away. He eyed his brother’s apprentice with fire in his gaze, and he opened his mouth to speak, but closed it. Harepaw was a young she-cat, she hasn’t done anything to deserve him being cruel to her.

Snappingpaw sighed, and the fire burning in his eyes died. He gave his paw back to the other apprentice before looking away with a huff. “I was practicing a complicated fighting move that I’ll need for my final assessment. I landed on a stick and it rolled out from under me. I lost my balance and twisted my paw.” He explained, flattening his ears and flicking his tail.

Hareflight [Mel]
    Participant

Her ears twitched at his comment, but she reminded herself to let it roll off her back. Clearing her throat, she took one more look at his paw before gently letting it down again. “Don’t put your weight on that,” she said softly, not that she figured he would. Harepaw listened to the russet tom as he spoke, nodding her head. “Well, uh, accidents- accidents happen to the best of us,” she reminded, turning to rummage through the herbs. “You should have seen me the first time I tried to hunt.” The she-cat glanced sheepishly back, offering a grin. “I c-couldn’t even hunt a pinecone properly. I’m sure you’ll, ah, get the fighting move.”

Harepaw nudged a few poppy seeds onto a leaf and brought it to him. “You can eat these if the pain is bothering you. I-I’ll be putting a poultice on to ease the swelling, and then I’ll have to put on a splint.” She offered him an apologetic look, knowing full well he wouldn’t be happy to hear what she had to say next. “Your paw will be fine- but, um, you’ll have to take a break for a few days. You shouldn’t put any pressure on it.” Putting on her best serious look, she added, “That- That means no training until it’s healed.”

She turned away from him to start collecting the herbs needed, glancing back only to gauge his reaction to what she’d said.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums ShadowClan ShadowClan Camp ShadowClan Medicine Den Taking It Into Your Own Paws – Snappingpaw and Harepaw