Skip to toolbar

Swept Away (OPEN RP)

Forums RiverClam RiverClan Camp Swept Away (OPEN RP)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Tori
    Participant

– W I S T E R I A S T A R – 

“Aghh!” 

A scream coming from the direction of camp made the RiverClan leader’s paws jerk to a stop and her head whipped around to face the patrol behind her– their round eyes and fluffed fur assured her that they had heard it as well. “Go, now!” She ordered, already making the leap over the snow and bolting to campgrounds. Prey could wait, Wisteriastar knew that she had to return to camp immediately, that her Clan needed her. The RiverClan warriors followed after the calico feline and in a brisk pace, the patrol neared the heart of their territory. On the way however, their paws sank deeper and deeper into slush and eventually their speed had to be halted entirely as they encountered high levels of water. 

Wisteriastar hissed in agitation– the snow must have melted, the weather had been awfully back and forth lately and the heat of the sun in the middle of the sky must have caused the snow that had settled in RiverClan territory to spread out in its own small lake. The nests that had been made out of reeds were floating, as they should, but the damage was still being done to their camp. Not every material they could use for their home had the ability to float as the reeds did and dens were collapsing. Apprentices were complaining about having wet pelts and warriors were issuing orders to try and keep things controlled. “What’s being done to keep things under control?” She bellowed, her voice raising above the others as she waded towards the center of the flooded camp.

“Wisteriastar!” A dark-furred queen wailed, “Stormykit is missing!”

SoliloquySilver
    Participant

It all happened so fast. One moment Darktorrent had been putting together a border patrol, and the next thing he knew, someone screamed, and RiverClan’s camp had become a lake. The clearing quickly filled with ice cold water, no doubt a result of melting snow. Darktorrent was clearly shocked, but the deputy had no time to process. He had to keep everyone as calm as he could.

“Lavenderpelt, Shadedmeadow, Willowfrost, Timberstone! Grab the kits, get them to safety!” He shouted, hopping up on a raised stone to get everyone’s attention. “Goosefur, Ambertail, Goldenswan, Forestmask! Make sure the elders are able to make it out, quickly!” He ordered, scanning the panicked faces in the clearing. “Sharkpaw, get the older apprentices together to help out the younger ones, make sure to keep the new apprentices out of the water if they can’t swim!”  ‘What else, what else? Think, Darktorrent!’ He shouted at himself, trying to keep it cool externally. It was then that he saw Wisteriastar burst into camp with the patrol she had left with. Thank StarClan.

“Wisteriastar!” He called, jumping from his perch to meet her. “I’ve-“ “Stormykit is missing!” A queen’s distressed cry cut through Darktorrent like talons of ice. One of the kits had been swept away?  And nobody saw?! Darktorrent’s pelt bristled slightly, partially in worry, and partially in anger towards himself. How had something that serious happened right under his nose? “Don’t worry, Nightblossom, I’ll find him,” He promised the distraught she-cat, straightening up to show how serious he was. “I need a patrol! Whoever wants to volunteer, come now!” He shouted over the distressed chatter of his clanmates before turning to follow the river that led out of camp. He didn’t have time to wait for volunteers, waiting would be a death sentence for Stormykit.

Feared
    Participant

Sorrelember ~ RiverClan Queen

Fire like eyes narrowed slightly as the Queen carried a calico pelt between her teeth, her paws and belly soaked from the melted snow that had decided to collect within the belly of camp. Flooding their dens and soiling their nests. Pink nostrils flaring with each breath she took as she walked up a small incline, their territory didn’t hold many hills but they were making do in order to keep the kittens dry. They couldn’t afford to get sick in the colder weather, her chin finally lowering as she placed her daughter down upon the ground. Cherrykit huffed slightly and gave a small shiver as she looked up at her mother with those pitiful bi-colored eyes. “Don’t give me that look. So sit with your brothers while I help out the other queens. We have to work together.” She said softly as she licked her daughters forehead before she turned on her heel and walked down the small incline, her stomach instantly becoming soaked from the freezing water. The fur along her scruff was sticking up in irritation from the cold, orange eyes slowly roaming over the flooded camp as she noticed her mate was giving out orders to keep everyone busy and making sure everyone got out. She caught sight of Goosefur as he helped an elder get to her feet, her lower half completely soaked and her knees wobbly from being numb. Sorrelember moved instantly to press her side against Salmonwish’s side, her face full of concern as the light brown she-cat gathered her senses. “Thank you, Sorrelember. I’m sorry Goosefur, I’ve got my feeling.” She smiled apologetically the grey on her muzzle pronounced as Goosefur blinked and grunted as he licked the elders shoulder blade. “Take your time.” He commented as Sorrelember shifted her weight for Goosefur to take the she-cat. “Thank you.” Goosefur meowed towards her, his green eyes sincere before he helped Salmonwish out of the water.

Sorrelember was moving towards Darktorrent, as far as she had known all the kittens had been accounted for. Where did he need her? However at the sound of her mother’s voice, her ears stood upright instantly as she turned her chin in the direction of the older calico, her eyes blazing with the need for her questions to be filled. She would let Darktorrent fight that battle. Grunting softly to herself before she heard Nightblossom calling out in distress that Stormykit was missing, her brows furrowing instantly with worry as she stared at the other Queen. So much was going on that perhaps she hadn’t noticed the little darling getting swept away. The mere thought had her heart twitching, what if that had happened to any of her kits? Without thought, she instantly stepped forth when Darktorrent called out for volunteers. “I was helping move the kits out, I should be on the patrol to help find Stormykit.” Sorrelember meowed, her painted tail lashing out behind her as she walked towards her mate.

Tori
    Participant

– W I S T E R I A S T A R – 

The RiverClan leader’s jaws parted to speak to her deputy as he approached her, however their conversation was cut before it even began due to Nightblossom’s cries and the chaos that erupted in the camp clearing in response to the reality of a missing kit. The calico warrior moved to spring into action, but Darktorrent beat her to it, calling for a patrol and bolting out of camp to search for Stormykit before Wisteriastar could budge an inch. Her orange eyes narrowed as she watched him go, perhaps swallowing a bit of frustration at the fact that the tom left before speaking with her or asking for permission to leave on his own– but she let it go almost as soon as it had surfaced. Honestly, now was not the time for that and as time passed, the high-strung molly was beginning to realize that she needed to let the Clan rely on itself more.

Her fiery eyes returned to her Clan as they fought the rising water levels from within camp and her heart softened. Her mind flashed back to a season ago, where she was separated from them during the war to give birth to a litter that resulted from her affair with the ShadowClan leader, Hornetstar. She had died during that childbirth, and StarClan had punished her for her transgressions by stripping her from more than just one of her lives– they took all but one from her. Wisteriastar was on her last life and she was the only one who knew of this fact. 

The calico feline could no longer be as impulsive and reckless as she could before, knowing that she could come back if the worst case scenario were to happen to her. That wasn’t true anymore. She had to live like everyone else, earnestly but carefully. As this truth dawned on her, it also made her loosen up a bit. As strict and ruthless as she had been as a figure in her Clan for many seasons, Wisteriastar did not want to be remembered for her harsh nature and nothing else. There was more to her than just that, even if none of her Clanmates saw it.

Her tattered ears flicked to attention as she recognized the voice of her daughter, Sorrelember, speaking up to leave on patrol to search for the missing kit. The RiverClan leader nodded in approval, fixing her daughter with a fleeting look, “Be careful out there. I know you’re a capable warrior, but I still worry about you.” And with that, she turned from the vanishing patrol and left to assist the camp in damage control.

Pheebs
    Participant

Sunleaf had set out to hunt alone when she began to encounter moist, soupy ground. It hadn’t taken her long to determine that other areas of Riverclan territory could be in a similar situation. And that led to another problem entirely. 

‘Mother!’ Sunleaf bristled at the thick sludge on the ground, the ice of panic flooding her veins. Spottedfish and Summerbreeze were Sunleaf’s closest companions and her family, and the anxiety of losing them never failed to plague the warrior. Spottedfish especially, seeing as she was rather old and the thought that she could be endangered- ‘No, don’t think that way. She’s fine, she’s fineshe’sfineshe’sfine,’ became the tabby’s mantra. Twisting around Sunleaf raced back to camp, noting how the state of the ground didn’t improve as she neared the heart of Riverclan territory. 

The warrior made it to camp just in time to hear the words that transpired between Sorrelember and Wisteriastar. Sunleaf straightened up, her militant persona slipping back into its place where it usually settled. The older warrior directed her attention to her former apprentice, making a beeline for the black-furred deputy.

“I volunteer to go as well.” It wasn’t so surprising, considering who she was. There was nothing Sunleaf wouldn’t do for her clan. A small corner of her brain hissed at her to check on her mother, but Sunleaf remained where she was. ‘Fear gets you nowhere,’ Sunleaf chastised herself, ignoring the growing storm in her gut. To an outsider, the warrior remained as stoic and cold as always. “Do we know where to start looking first Darktorrent?”

SoliloquySilver
    Participant

At the sound of Sorrelember’s voice, Darktorrent turned his head and nodded in appreciation. What would he do without her? And then came Sunleaf, offering her assistance as well. He dipped his head in respect and thanks towards his former mentor, flicking his tail for the she-cat to follow. The more help he could get the better.

“My theory is that Stormykit was at the wrong place at the wrong time. The flood happened so quickly, if he had been playing in the stream that runs through the camp, he could have easily been washed away when all that water came rushing in.” He began, filling the she-cats in on his thought process as he quickly led them down the newly made river that was pouring from their home. “Now, logically, that means we should follow the direction of the water. We follow the water, and keep our eyes and ears open. Little grey tabby, looks a bit like his mother?” he ask, turning his head towards Sorrelember to confirm his description. He was slowly learning the names of all the kits in the nursery, and he was pretty sure he had matched the right appearance to the name.

“We need to hurry. He won’t last long out here, especially if he’s soaking wet,” the deputy stated, thoughts of Sorrelember’s kits filling his mind. He couldn’t imagine how he would feel if they were out here looking for one of them… he didn’t want to even think about it, and they weren’t even his kits. ‘Poor Nightblossom must feel like the world is coming to pieces around her…’ he thought to himself, sympathy clawing at his heart as he began to pick up the pace. He just hoped they would be able to bring Stormykit home alive…

Lemon
    Participant

(Please ignore this, it’s a deleted post but I can’t figure out how to actually delete it)

• This reply was modified 9 months, 4 weeks ago by Lemon.
    • This reply was modified 9 months, 4 weeks ago by Lemon.
    • This reply was modified 9 months, 3 weeks ago by Lemon.
    annika
    Participant

goldenswan

the momma bear of riverclan

Goldenswan had been in camp when all hell had broken loose. Like a dam collapsing, the water had risen swiftly over the course of mere moments as the recent snowfall had melted. Like many of the warriors around camp, she had been scrambling to prioritize the necessities–her first thoughts were of the kits. When she started to head toward the nursery, Darktorrent’s call caught her attention, and nodding, she hustled off to help the remaining elders in camp get to higher ground. The broad-shouldered molly helped support one of the eldest felines on one side while prodding another forward on trembling legs with her tail. “It’ll be alright, don’t you worry.” She murmured, her blue gaze soft as she cast a quick look back at the submerged camp. Once the elders were safely up the slope, she gave them a quick once-over before nodding. “Stay together. The others should be up with the queens and kits shortly. I’ll come back once we’ve figured out a plan.” She gave one of the elders–her mother, Brightsplash, a rough lick between the ears before bounding back down the slope and into camp, where she skidded to a halt beside her deputy.

Now normally, she would have taken a moment to be proud of the way Darktorrent was handling things, but there was no time for that. Without a word, she had joined up with the search and rescue team, silently offering her aid as she listened to the dark tabby’s words, a grim but determined look creeping across her face. Her blue gaze glittered as she bounded off after the tom, matching him stride-for-stride as she scanned the rushing water. ‘StarClan, do not bring tragedy to our clan today. Not for one so young’. Her heart ached for the mother of the lost kitten, her gut twisting at the thought of ever losing a child to the untamed force of the river. ‘No’, her mind interjected immediately. ‘It will not come to that’. Not if Goldenswan could help it. The chilly air was enough to make even the hardiest warrior cold with enough exposure, and she dreaded to think of the state the poor kitten must be in right now. She watched the dark, swirling water as she ran, praying for any sign of a small body fighting the current.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums RiverClam RiverClan Camp Swept Away (OPEN RP)