Surprise Announcement (Hollow and Briar)

Forums ShadowClan ShadowClan Territory The Stream Surprise Announcement (Hollow and Briar)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    SoliloquySilver
    Participant

Briarfeather was sunning herself by the stream. She had asked her mate, Hollowflame to meet her there after his patrol. She had something important to tell him, and wanted to tell him before word got out around camp.

Two frogs laid between her paws, one for Hollowflame and one for herself. She took a moment to groom herself, wanting to look her best when she delivered her news. As she prepared, she kept her ears perked so she would know if he approached.

Feared
    Participant

HollowFlame ~ ShadowClan Warrior 

Briarfeather has been on his mind all throughout the early morning, early before he had left for the dawn patrol she had requested his presence at her favorite place, the stream. Seemed a bit odd and out of place, but he was more than willing to spend some time with his beloved. The patrol had lasted a bit longer than he would have liked, rushing through the greenery as he made way to the stream, large paws pressing against the moist ground as he ducked under a fern. Sounds of water gently flowing caught his attention, slowing his pace as he gave his pelt a quick shake and a lick on his chest to flatten the fur. Stepping out from the fern, His deep emerald gaze caught sight of the beautiful chocolate calico as she sunbathed, gaze warming at the familiar sight. Clearing his throat the large tomcat moved into the blaring sunlight, his deep red and black spotted pelt highlighted from the sun, giving his pelt the color of a raging flame. “I’m sorry, I was late. Patrol stayed out longer this morning.” He apologized with a shy smile, this she-cat always got the butterflies going in his stomach, even though she was clearly his. 

Lowering his big head, his forehead touched her own in a gentle nuzzle, a small purr tickling at his vocal cords as he greeted his mate. “You look lovely this morning.” He whispered softly in her ear, before pulling his head back as he gazed down at the two frogs that laid at her paws, his mouth instantly watering at the sight. “Frogs.. my favorite.” He grinned for a moment, hesitating slightly before he looked towards Briarfeather.. this seemed oddly familiar. “What’s the catch?” He questioned as he moved to lay down beside of the beautiful molly, eyebrow arching in a curious fashion. 

SoliloquySilver
    Participant

Briarfeather  grinned at Hollowflame as he appeared from the ferns, chuckling as he apologized for running late. “It’s quite alright. Gave me some time to hunt, at least,” she purred, following his gaze down to the frogs. As he settled beside her, she happily passed him one. She then shifted a little closer, so their pelts were touching. She rasped her tongue over his cheek, a purr rumbling in her throat before her attention turned to the prey between her paws. She took a few bites, chewing thoughtfully before looking back at Hollowflame.

“So… I wanted to meet you here in private, because I want to tell you something,” she began, smiling at the tom. She was just gonna cut right to the chase. She was surprised he hadn’t caught on already. Though, perhaps her change in size wasn’t as obvious and dramatic as she thought it was. “I’m pregnant,” She purred, curling her tail around his. “They’ll be here in a few weeks. Saplingskies counted five when he examined me.”

Feared
    Participant

He smiled to himself as he watched the lovely she-cat, chin tilting slightly as he noticed how happy and how high her spirits seemed to be at the moment. HollowFlame hadn’t caught onto the shift in her scent just yet, he had gone nose blind for the moment as he took the frog that she had passed over to him. “Well, I suppose I am a bit glad that the patrol was a tad late then.” He remarked with a faint grin, purr rising in volume when she scoot closer to mingle her chocolate and white pelt with his dark red and spotted fur. Single eye closing when she licked his cheek, grinning before he looked down at the frog, ready to dig in. Taking a bite out of the frog, he chewed at the soft and tender flesh, his tongue tingling from the juices before he noticed the thoughtful look on Briarfeathers face. 

Ears perking up on his big head when she started to speak, shifting so he could see her better as she formed the words. Eyebrows rose in surprise as his deep green eyes flickered towards her stomach, her stomach did seem a bit extended but one would have to look really close to notice. Kits! An extension of his wonderful family. A large smile rose along his lips while his long tail returned the favor with curling with Briarfeathers. “That’s wonderful!” He leaned in as he started to lick at the she-cats cheeks, chin, and forehead before he leaned back in order for the she-cat to breathe. “Five Kits? Great StarClan.” He breathed, although he was purring loudly. HollowFlame was clearly a family cat, he enjoyed being present in his children’s lives and making his mate feel loved. Although; he couldn’t help be remember the night they shared of her cries over her lost kits, from Stonefall’s litter and from their own. “Are you alright, though?” He questioned, his fur ruffled from the exciting news. 

SoliloquySilver
    Participant

Her smile faltered when he questioned whether or not she was okay. She sighed, taking another bite of her frog as she thought about her answer. “I’m happy, I really am, but I feel like it might be too soon, I suppose.” Her ears flattened as she briefly looked up at the clouds overhead. “I… I don’t want Blazemoon to think we’re trying to replace her…”

A troubled look crossed her face, and she pushed her frog away so she could lay her head on her paws “What if our other kits think we’re trying to replace Blazemoon? I don’t want to upset them, especially Cloudedpaw. She’s been through too much pain already… I don’t think I’m ready for more kits yet. I wanted to wait until our first litter became warriors, honestly… I’m not ready to be cooped up in the nursery again.”

Feared
    Participant

He listened silently, watching as she pushed the frog away from her as she suddenly felt like she had lost her appetite. A soft sigh escaped his dark lips while his green eyes flickered to gaze up at the sky above, searching the clouds as if they held some sort of a silent answer. “I don’t think Blazemoon would feel like we are replacing her. She knows we love her too much.” He said in a soft voice, lowering his chin to find his mates trouble face. Slowly his tongue ran along his lips to moisten them, before he gave a small nod. “These kits are definitely a surprise.. but they are coming regardless.” He said in a soft voice, lowering his chin as he licked at her ears. 

Chewing on the inside of his cheek, his eyes flickered towards her stomach for a moment before he slowly spoke. “Cloudedpaw has been through a lot.. but maybe this would be some exciting news. I mean.. how did SaplingSkies handle the news?” He questioned as he turned his head to peer curiously down at his mate, scooting a bit closer to her as he licked her forehead, flanks mingling. “I know you don’t want to go back to the nursery so soon, and you don’t have to until your duties as a warrior get hard.. you know me. I’m behind you with whatever you choose.” He said in a soft voice, trying to comfort the molly. If she was anything like her previous two pregnancies, anything could set her off. 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums ShadowClan ShadowClan Territory The Stream Surprise Announcement (Hollow and Briar)