Sun-baked Daddy Issues [Snowy + Honey]

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Territory Sunlit Clearing Sun-baked Daddy Issues [Snowy + Honey]

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Lux
    Participant

Honeysplash – Skyclan Warrior

There’s just so much going on,” Honeysplash grumbled, flopping himself heavily onto the dusty ground. He watched the dirt around him settle with lazy blue eyes, feeling a mixture of elation and irritation. He and his beautiful companion, SnowyOwl, had been spending a great deal of time together. He was captivated by her presence, her movement, and her striking yellow eyes. Something within him couldn’t get enough of the she-cat. Perhaps it was love, or maybe it was obsession. He couldn’t tell, and he couldn’t resist his desires. Either way, today they’d decided to spend their free-time sunbathing together.

He propped himself up, enjoying the sun-baked earth pressing against his skin. “What do you think of everything?” He mewed, looking up at SnowyOwl expectantly. “Do you think that cat is related to Firebird and I? I mean, I don’t believe we can ever prove it. We’d just have to take their word for everything.” He snorted, feeling indignant. “You know, it was a lot easier being oblivious to everything. Family is so complicated, and everyone puts so much emphasis on blood and relations. Frankly I’m not certain if I give a damn, it’s too much drama.” Honeysplash sighed, shaking his golden head. He had never considered himself a family man, whether it came to his own family or creating another. He liked Firebird, of course. But he didn’t necessarily consider their blood-ties to be what held them together. There needed to be something more, and his parents seemed to have willingly given up that right.

Feared
    Participant

Snowyowl ~ SkyClan Warrior

She sighed softly as she looked towards her companion, the muscles running along his shoulder blades were tense and he kept working his jaw as he seemed set in his thoughts about this Foxnose character. Honeysplash had flopped himself down in such a way that the dusty dirt was flying in the air, causing the she-cat to pause in her movements as she gave the golden patched Tom a dry look, waiting for the dust to settle. Ever since the flood, the two cats had been glued to the hip, barely away from one another’s side for too long. Honestly she enjoyed his company, although she already knew that her feelings were beginning to build for the tomcat, she was unsure about her attraction to Honeysplash. He was the bachelor of the Clan, hopping from one she-cat to the next and honestly she wasn’t sure if she was just the next fling or if he truly did care for her.

SnowyOwl kept quiet as he blabbered on, dragging her out of her thoughts as she moved her slender figure to delicately lay down beside of Honeysplash, a soft groan leaving her lips as she enjoyed the feeling of the sun-kissed ground beneath of her. Her head was on the ground but the back of her head was gently leaning back against Honeysplash’s shoulder, her bright yellow eyes hidden from the world as she was finally able to relax. “You saw it for yourself, Honeysplash. Foxnose is either your younger brother or the missing child of Firebird.” She laughed softly, honestly she was just as shocked as Honeysplash; but he seemed to be having a hard time adjusting to the fact that his family was getting larger. Her eyes opened just a bit when he mentioned that families were too bothersome, unable to hide the frown that was beginning to make its way onto her pale lips. “Families are bothersome? Honeysplash, you are so lucky to have Firebird. And now Foxnose! What I wouldn’t give to have a family.” She sighed in a dreamy voice, her silky white pelt shifting slightly from the weak breeze.

Lux
    Participant

Between the delightfully warm sun and the sweet presence of SnowyOwl a purr erupted from the golden tom’s throat. He rolled over, giving her ear a gentle rasp. “I understand,” he mewed softly. “Imagine Firebird having kits,” he couldn’t resist a chuckle. “Or his mate, for that matter. Starclan have mercy on whoever he falls in love with.” He had noticed Firebird and Saffrongaze, the clan’s medicine cat, growing curiously close. It was unlikely match, but the peachy she-cat seemed to have a soothing effect upon the fiery tom.

He sighed, his mind still churning with thoughts. “But, let’s not chase that rabbit trail. I’m sure Foxnose is a fine warrior, but being related by blood isn’t enough to make him my brother. He’s in another clan and has a completely separate life. Being family requires affection, investment, and support. Firebird and I will never have that with Foxnose.” He trailed off, the breeze rustling his pointed ears. “Honestly, I’d say you’re closer to being my family than Foxnose.

His ears flushed, realizing he should’ve considered his words more carefully. He stammered, desperately hoping to cover up his mistakes. The golden tom hadn’t intended to lay his emotions base. “N-Not that we’re family, or anything. We’re close but, it’s different.

Honeysplash rolled over, gazing into SnowyOwl’s yellow eyes. “Our parents made the selfish choice of abandoning us, thrusting the responsibility upon our clan. I could never picturing doing such a thing. I can’t imagine why anyone would bring kits into the world without the intention of raising them. It’s terribly cruel to all involved.” He blinked, realizing he knew little to nothing of SnowyOwl’s upbringing. He swallowed hard, dearly hoping he hadn’t said something stupid. “What of your parents? I should probably bite my own tongue, shouldn’t I?” he chuckled nervously.

Feared
    Participant

She was fully aware that Honeysplash had rolled over to where the top of her head was now gently resting against his back, her heart beating swiftly within her chest that she was terrified that he could hear it. His breath tickled her ear as he spoke, causing a shiver to rush down her spine as she enjoyed the mere sound of his voice being so close. She did laugh, however at the mere thought of Firebird having a mate and kits. That tomcat was so stuck up and tense she was worried that a stick was permanent stuck up his hind end. “If Firebird can find a mate and have kits, anyone should be able to.” She teased with a laugh, although she meant nothing by it; kits were not in the near future for this molly, but she certainly wanted a few litters of her own.

She went quiet as she heard him sigh, frowning softly as she knew that this discovery of Foxnose being a potential brother was troublesome for him. He was right to a certain point; they were only brothers by blood and not based on emotional attachments.. however, Foxnose seemed to be the gentle and emotional type, perhaps he would like to try and know his older brothers better. “I don’t know, Honeysplash. I agree with you to a point, but Foxnose seemed like he wanted to get to know you a bit.” Snowyowl argued, her canary yellow eyes looking towards the birch trees that stood tall near the edge of the dusty clearing, her pupils narrowing in thought for a moment as he continued to speak, her eyes widening for a moment when he said that he considered them both to be more so family. Really? She thought, although her heart sunk swiftly when Honeysplash stumbled over his words and twisted to where the top of her head was now touching his chest, handsome face hovering over her own but his expression was distressed. Not really.. different? She asked herself, scoffing slightly as she knew she shouldn’t have gotten her hopes up.

However, she pushed her thoughts away and gazed up at the tomcat, letting her chin tilt for a moment before she started to catch onto his drift. He had been through something that she partially could understand, but she wouldn’t change a thing. SnowyOwl wouldn’t have been born if anything else had been different, she had been unwanted by her own father and so much so that her own mother kept his identity a secret, even to her grave. She definitely knew what abandonment felt like. Eyes narrowed as she looked up at Honeysplash, her jaw hardening as she tried to control her temper but his words had been hurtful. Did that mean because she was abandoned by her father that she would do the same to her kits? Or that is she or him were to have kits that they were burdens on the clan? Slowly she closed her eyes and tried to control her breathing, thin ears pressed back against her skull. “My mother was a strict molly that died when I was 7 moons old and my father didn’t want anything to do with me. He abandoned me like I was rotten meat. My mother may have took his identity to the grave, but just because I was abandoned does not mean that I will do the same for my kits.” She spoke with a fierceness, her temper beginning to take over her tone as she shifted her body to where she was no longer laying beside of him, instead she was now sitting up. “Just because our parents abandoned us, doesn’t mean we were burdens. I wasn’t a burden.” She argued, ears pinned back with emotion, her white pelt dusty from the dirt and her tail fluffed.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by Feared.
    Lux
    Participant

Honeysplash frowned, ‘I didn’t mean it that way! There she goes, misunderstanding me again!’ He huffed, burning annoyance swelling within his chest. Although communicational errors were often his fault, whether it be with SnowyOwl or others, he had a tendency to point paws.

I’m sorry, I didn’t realize,” he apologized. “I didn’t mean to imply that you’re a burden, SnowyOwl. I’m just saying that leaving the clan to raise kittens- rather than taking responsibility when fully capable- is selfish. Of course, they often turn out to be decent warriors.” He gestured towards her with a paw for emphasis, “Just look at yourself! You’ve done well. But, the clan worked hard for cats like you and I. If our fathers had been more competent perhaps our lives- and the clans’- would’ve been better.

His icy blue eyes met hers and he could immediately tell he’d spoken wrongly. He worked his jaw, trying to find the words to comfort her. ‘Idiot,’ he reprimanded himself. ‘Look what you’ve done. Every word that comes from your mouth is a curse! I’m such an asshole sometimes!’ He stood, taking a hesitant pawstep back. “I’m only making things worse, aren’t I..?” He winced, knowing he’d likely receive some pointed words.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by Lux.
    Feared
    Participant

First off the look he was giving her was beginning to cause her fur to stand up along her spine, heart racing with anger as he looked as though he was irritated with her for causing a scene when he believed there shouldn’t be. He had just insulted himself and her in the process. “The clan worked hard?!” She asked in a slightly raised voice, staring at the tomcat as she simply couldn’t believe what he was saying. Even though he was trying to make a point that not every kit that got abandoned turned out bad, it was still the fact that he counted them as burdens and it was the sheer luck that the clan had worked so hard in their behalf that they were to contribute to the clan.

“Oh I’m sorry, if my father had been more competent then I wouldn’t be here.” She growled finally her fur bristled and her usually calm and gentle yellow gaze was ablaze with her anger. How could he see himself and others that grew up in similar positions in such a way? Ears pinned back against her head as she looked at the tomcat as he stood, suddenly appearing worried that he had said the wrong thing. He had definitely said the wrong thing. “I…” She was so angry that she couldn’t even speak right, pushing herself up into a standing position as she looked towards Honeysplash, his words had pinched a nerve and really upset her. Gritting her teeth together, she took a few steps back from him and laughed, the sound tense and full of aggression. “You know what… maybe I need to be around others that appreciates me without feeling burdened.” She growled, voice hitching with emotion as her eyes began watering as she turned on her heels and began to walk away from the Tom, her tail completely fluffed out with her aggression.

Lux
    Participant

“W-Wait, SnowyOwl!” he called out as she fled into the forest. The sound of her hurried pawsteps faded moments later. ‘Ah, rabbit droppings,’ he snarled at himself. ‘I really messed things up this time, didn’t I?’ Angering the snowy molly was a common occurrence. But, this may have been the most provoked he’d ever seen her.

He was back, gazing upon the clouds as they rolled past the azure sky. ‘She wouldn’t be here if her father was different? What does she mean?’ He silently pondered her words. ‘Whatever it is, I don’t believe she’s telling me everything. So, either something quite traumatic has happened or I’m more of an asshole than I thought.’ He stood, giving his ruffled and dusty pelt a few quick licks. ‘Perhaps Saffrongaze knows more. And … maybe I could get some anti-asshole lessons while I’m there.’

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Territory Sunlit Clearing Sun-baked Daddy Issues [Snowy + Honey]