Skip to toolbar

Strange Happenings [Cherry & Smoke]

Forums Neutral Areas The Mooncave Strange Happenings [Cherry & Smoke]

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Lux
    Participant

Smokestar – Shadowclan Leader 

W-What’s happening?” Smokestar stammered. The stone felt slick as ice beneath her claws. She tumbled forward, halfway to her paws, the impact knocking the wind out of her. “What in Starclan is happening?” she snarled, licking at her toes. The stone shouldn’t be slick! The metallic, toxic taste of oil met her tongue. She recoiled, spitting and gagging. It smelled the same as the dark liquid tainting the Moonpool.

Get it together, figure out what’s happening.

The mottled she-cat took a deep breath, regaining her composure. The other leaders, and the medicine cats, were still in the cave. But, they didn’t respond to her presence. She looked down, noticing her slumped form where she’d fallen. “Oh Starclan,” she swore, a creeping sensation of horror causing her fur to stand on end.

Her amber eyes roamed the darkness. She noticed Cherrypaw standing near her similarly unconscious form. “Cherrypaw!” she mewed, slithering forward to avoid slipping again. “What’s happening? I don’t understand any of this! Did Starclan curse us? How do we get out of here?!

She wasn’t dead, but she couldn’t stay here. Her clan needed her!

Courtesy of Mairu Doggy, Deviant Art
    Missa
    Participant

Cherrypaw
    Riverclan Medicine Cat Apprentice

OOC Note: Cherrypaw has similar abilities of Dovewing from the series, to hear and see from afar. Only Darkstar, Sorrelember and Rainysky knew. The ability went away as she became weaker from the oil plot, but is now being thrown back at her all at once.

The small calico molly’s ears flicked slightly when opening her bi-colored eyes, her chest was rising and falling in panic. But Cherrypaw had to remain to keep herself not to start having a panic attack, she was taught breathing exercises by Rainysky in these kind of events when feeling overwhelmed. Her paws were shaking slightly upon looking down at her body, at loss for words. She tried calling her father and Rainysky’s name when the two toms were in front of her, trying to wake her up. Even Firestar looked worried upon the sight of Smokestar and Cherrypaw going down, and the Skyclan leader usually never looked worried.

Looking up at the Shadowclan leader when Cherrypaw’s name was called, the little apprentice bounded towards the leader and dipped her head in greetings. Even though the strangest thing was happening to them, she reminded herself to still be polite. Her parents would be scolding her to no ends if she was being rude to the Shadowclan leader! “Hello Smokestar.” Cherrypaw said quietly before looking around, her bi-colored eyes full of worry. Her left ear flicked for a moment, a slight pitch sound was in her ear. Something was very much wrong, her abilities had slowly disappeared as the molly got sicker.. But right now, there was a high pitch noise in her ear that didn’t stop. Cherrypaw just couldn’t tell what it was, or who was causing it.

“Smokestar, do you hear this high pitch noise?” She questioned quietly, it looked like the Shadowclan leader couldn’t hear it.. Maybe Smokestar was used to the noise? Had she heard it before? The calico shook her head, getting irritated with the noise. It just wouldn’t go away. Letting out a small shine, Cherrypaw crouched down for a moment and gritted her teeth in pain. Whatever this noise was, it needed to go away now. Looking up at the other molly, her bi-colored eyes looking into amber eyes with a pained expression “Whatever is happening to Starclan, we’re stuck in the middle of it all.” She said through gritted teeth and let out another whine. It seemed since Cherrypaw was very spiritually connected with Starclan, it was affecting her worse than Smokestar. Looking over at Smokestar’s body, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion “You didn’t lose a life.. Right?” She questioned, it was weird that Smokestar was here. Why didn’t Smokestar wake up from hitting her head on the rock, did Starclan need her too? There were so many questions that both she-cats had, and there was no way to answer them at the moment.

Lux
    Participant

Greetings,” Smokestar said, warm and friendly despite the alarming situation. The Riverclan apprentices’ composure was impressive, despite the fear that shook her paws.

I’m scared as well,‘ she acknowledged, blood pounding in her ears. ‘Never really been comfortable with all of this Starclan stuff.

Well, I don’t hear anything,” she replied quietly, straining to hear anything beyond the rhythmic dripping of water. “But, I trust you. After all, not the first time an apprentice has noticed something I cannot,” she mewed, alluding to Wasppaw. If he could see spirits, there was no reason Cherrypaw couldn’t hear … other things.

She hesitantly stepped forward, finding herself unable to interact with her unconscious body. “It looks like I’m okay,” she confirmed. “You’re also fine, already checked,” she purred reassuringly. “However, that doesn’t answer why we’re here or what Starclan wants.

She took a seat, the chilly stone causing her to shiver. “Well, I may know someone who can help us. But, I don’t think he can see us here,” she mewed, flicking an ear towards Wasppaw. “He can see Starclan. Like, really see Starclan. I don’t fully understand it.” She felt some guilty for exposing the young tom’s secret, but she and Cherrypaw were in danger and she needed to be transparent. “Let’s follow Shadowclan home, we’ll meet Wasppaw there and try to figure out what’s happening together. Sound good?

Missa
    Participant

Cherrypaw 
    Riverclan Medicine Cat Apprentice 

The small calico shook her head for a moment, feeling her head pounding and trying to get the voices out of the head “I hear voices.. But they’re not very clear.. I don’t know who they belong to.” Cherrypaw noted, her eyes opening. No one but her parents and mentor knew about the abilities, and it seemed like Smokestar would know now as well. But the little molly found herself to trust the Shadowclan leader, she was very kind and gentle. Cherrypaw had arched an eyebrow in confusion at her comment, there were other apprentices like her? Who could they be?

Looking over at her body, Cherrypaw bit her lower lip for a moment and hesitated on moving at first. Her heart broke at the sight of her father and Rainysky attempting to wake her up, but of course there wasn’t anything else she could do. Letting out a small sigh, Cherrypaw followed Smokestar until taking a seat with her for a moment and pawed at the floor for a moment. Her bi-colored eyes were widened when she looked up from the ground  “Wait, really?” She asked with a shocked expression on her face. It was quite cool, Wasppaw’s ability. A small smile had escaped her lips “He’s really one of a kind, had gotten that from him when we first met.” Cherrypaw said, knowing that she had made a good choice in friends. Rainysky had encouraged Cherrypaw to make friends with the Shadowclan apprentice on their way to the Gathering.. It had seemed like the gray tabby had a soft spot for the calico tom, she just didn’t know why.

“Alright, it’ll be a good idea for us to stick together.. You think we’re the only ones?” Cherrypaw asked before getting up, she waited for the larger molly to get up so lead the way. She looked guilty when looking at Darkstar and Rainysky, wishing to at least tell them that she loved them. She knew that her mother was outside, and was going to be very upset upon seeing her daughter in such a coma condition.. Sorrelember would probably wanna carry her daughter, but couldn’t because she was pregnant. With her ears pinned to her head, she followed the Shadowclan leader.

Lux
    Participant

By Starclan, I hope we’re the only ones,” Smokestar swore. She felt her ears redden in embarrassment. Swearing by Starclan at the Moonpool, and in front of a medicine apprentice, seemed atrocious. “Er, no offense meant. I’m sorry,” she spared a glance towards the Moonpool itself.

Wasppaw is very talented. But, from time to time I believe he wishes he didn’t bear such ‘gifts’ from Starclan. Honestly, I’m not certain if he can help us. After All, we’re not dead.” Smokestar gestured towards Cherrypaw’s limp form. “We’re something in between, I think.

She spared a final glance towards Wasppaw, feeling some trepidation. His eyes gazed through her, unable to perceive her ghostly form. If he couldn’t see them, she and Cherrypaw may be stuck as spirits forever. ‘We’d surely waste away…‘ she thought, a chill creeping up her spine. Horrible possibilities raced through her mind, quickening her pulse. ‘We can’t let this happen. We have to return, somehow.

Let’s not waste any time, let’s survey above. If there are others affected like us, we’ll bring them along. If not, we’ll leave and meet Wasppaw when he returns to Shadowclan.

Taking the lead, she started up the smooth stone slope. It felt good to take ‘control’ of their uncontrollable situation. For now, she could keep leading.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Neutral Areas The Mooncave Strange Happenings [Cherry & Smoke]