Strange Circumstances (Frostburn and Eveningstorm, Closed)

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Camp SkyClan Medicine Den Strange Circumstances (Frostburn and Eveningstorm, Closed)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    SoliloquySilver
    Participant

Frostburn wandered into camp, a plump squirrel dangling in her jaws. Her mind has been wandering all day, her thoughts focused on the tom she pulled out of the river yesterday. Who was he, where had he come from, how did he end up in the river? She wondered if he had woken up yet? She started making her way across the camp towards the medicine den, eyes narrowing when she spotted a pawful of apprentices crowding around the healers’ den, trying to get a glimpse of the stranger in their camp. “Hey!” She snapped, laying down the squirrel. “That poor tom was gravely wounded in an incident that surely was traumatic! It’s a miracle he’s still alive!” Her whiskers twitched in irritation as the apprentices shifted awkwardly. “He is not some oddity for you to gawk at and whisper about, have some compassion! I’m sure you all have been assigned duties by your mentors, so get to them.” She scolded, tail lashing as the apprentices mumbled their apologies and scurried off. Once they were gone, she picked the squirrel back up and made her way into the den.

He was awake, which surprised her. The irritation on her face melted away and was replaced with a gentle smile. “Hey, you’re still with us,” she cooed softly, approaching the tom slowly and placing the squirrel at his paws. “I thought you might be hungry whenever you woke up,” She explained, whiskers twitching. “I hope those nosey apprentices didn’t disturb you too badly, I swear, they have no manners,” she grumbled, rolling her eyes. “Anyway… How are you feeling?” Her head tilted, blinking down at the tom. Now that he wasn’t soaked and actively dying, she could get a better look at his features. He was quite handsome. She still couldn’t place why he looked so familiar, though. She figured he had to be from one of the other clans, so perhaps she had seen him at a gathering. She blinked at him slowly before nudging the squirrel closer to him, not wanting him to have to reach too far for his meal.

Feared
    Participant

Eveningstorm ~ WindClan Warrior

Thump. Thump. Thump. A painful throb to his head was the first thing that Eveningstorm noticed, eyebrows furrowing slightly before he slowly cleared his throat from the sting that was clinging to the rawness of his mouth. Dark molten amber eyes slowly peeled open as he gazed blankly at the dirt wall before him. Slowly he swallowed the lump in his throat, his vision was blurry and he was honestly having a hard time with focusing on anything. Closing his eyes once more to still the swaying of the den, ears laying flat tightly against his head if it would do him any good with keeping his mind straight. Everything hurt, his ribs were bruised from both the collision of whatever had hit him so roughly in the first place and being tossed merciless around in the tide. Just thinking about it caused a shiver of fear to rush down his spine, frowning heavily as he could feel that his heavy coat was still damp in certain places, causing the skin to feel tender and hot to the touch. Groaning loudly, Eveningstorm lifted his big head, stiff muscles flexing as he stayed laid down on his stomach but winced. “Rabbit fluff.” He growled in pain, pupils narrowing in feverish pain as he opened his eyes once more and finally gazed around him.

This was not Startledcrow’s den, nothing reminded him of his smart mouth brother. Frowning heavily for a moment as he began to part his mouth in order to take in the scents around him, trying to figure out just where he was. Although before he could do such a thing, his sensitive hearing caught the sound of soft whispers, pointed ears standing up on his head and swiveling in the direction of dens entrance. He instantly knew he was in a clan of some sort, the chatter from the apprentices was amusing as he tried to zone in on what they were saying about him, little ears and eyes coming to view as he gazed back curiously at them. Although, he was suddenly taken back when a stern voice suddenly cut through the chattering of the apprentices, his eyes widening slightly as he cleared his throat in surprise. Great StarClan.. she’s going to be a prune. He thought to himself, suddenly feeling as nervous as the apprentices that had been caught gazing into the den. Ears and whiskers pulling back against his head as he cautiously watched the feline walk through the entrance of the den, her body was blocking the sunlight that wanted to shine in through the den, but he couldn’t believe what he saw.

What stood before him was a very rare beauty indeed, her white and black patched fur was sleek and elegantly groomed and her green eyes were catching. Her face was wedge shaped but it suited her, in fact he was so caught off guard by how beautiful she was that he hadn’t even noticed that she was missing a hind leg, of course it wouldn’t have mattered anyways. She was still beautiful. And her gentle smile that brightened up her face made his stomach crawl with a different form of nervousness, causing him to shift slightly in his nest before winding faintly. Good gods… this is painful. Eveningstorm couldn’t stop the pained grunt that slipped from his lips, giving her a faint nod. “Barely it seems.” He teased in a light voice but his tone was tinged with pain. “They are young… it’s normal to be so curious.” He grinned slightly. Eyes lowered to look at the squirrel, but his stomach didn’t grumble, instead he still felt sick but he smiled softly, hating to be rude. “Thank you.” He nodded slowly before his eyes lifted back towards the she-cat, wincing slightly as he leans his side against the dirt wall of the den while sighing heavily. “I am in a lot of pain, miss.” He admits, ears against his head and his fur prickling with unease as he opens his mouth and breathes in her scent, almost feeling drunk from the taste. SkyClan. He silently noted but he felt too weak to be in the offensive, instead he looked at the molly before with mild curiosity. “How did I end up here..?” Eveningstorm questioned, lifting a paw to press against his forehead, eyes closing as he applied pressure to his aching forehead.

SoliloquySilver
    Participant

She frowned slightly at the pain that laced his voice as he spoke and shifted slightly when he asked how he ended up in this den. “Well, I was about to ask you the same thing, sir,” she began slowly, tail twitching. “My clanmate and I found you partially washed up on the riverbank, and I pulled you the rest of the way out. You’re in SkyClan’s medicine cat den,” She explained gently. “You’ve been unconscious for practically a whole day, we were beginning to get worried that you weren’t going to wake up. The general theory is that you’re from one of the other clans, correct? My guess is WindClan, but nobody really seems to know. You do look familiar, though,” She was rambling as her eyes scanned the herb storage before her. She couldn’t believe Saffrongaze and Speckledpaw had left him alone.

“Um, I’m not a medicine cat, but I have spent a bit of time in here, and I’m sure Saffrongaze wouldn’t want you to lay there suffering, so…” She limped over to the herbs, sniffing at them until she found the poppyseeds. Once her eyes landed on the little black seeds she carefully nudged two onto a leaf and carried them over to the tom “Here, these should help a little. I’ll let Saffrongaze know I gave these to you so she doesn’t try to give you more,” She murmured, laying the seeds at his paws and carefully stepping away from him. He seemed anxious, so she didn’t want to invade his personal space for too long.

“I’m sure you want to rest, you’ve obviously been through something pretty scary, whatever it was. I’ll leave you to eat and get your bearings,” She mewled, dipping her head and turning to leave the den. Surely he didn’t want a stranger all up in his business for very long, especially one that couldn’t really do anything to help with his pain.

Feared
    Participant

It almost seemed like she was talking a mile a minute but he really didn’t mind too much as he looked towards the she-cat, tilting his head slightly as she admitted that they were also curious to know how he had been washed up on their shoreline. Brows furrowing slowly as he looked away from the beauty to stare down at his paws, his brain working overtime to try and remember the fine details. He had been on a hunting patrol, rain was on the way… and he was hunting with someone. Who was it? As she confirmed that he was indeed in SkyClan, he gave a slow nod. Perhaps he did remember most things, but his brain felt like mush, giving out a heavy sigh before he looked back towards Frostburn and gave a hesitant smile. “Uh, yes. WindClan.” He nodded, although the action caused him to grunt in pain as he was forced to close his eyes once more because of the pounding headache right behind his temples. “SkyClan… I never would have imagine I would end up all the way down here.” He muttered softly, WindClan and SkyClan territories were the farthest away from one another.

Blinking open his eyes he noticed how close Frostburn suddenly was as she was leaving behind a small leaf that held a few black seeds. He knew these seeds well, his younger brother swore by them religiously. “Oh, uh… thank you.” Eveningstorm quickly fixed his composure instead of just staring at her like an idiot, clearing his throat his ears laid back against his head while his tongue lapped out the seeds hungrily. Chewing down on the seeds, he could barely register the taste with how raw his tongue and throat were, swallowing quickly. As she turned to leave he felt hesitant, she was being a kind soul and here he was being as rude as could be. “Wait!” He called with more urgency then he meant, his cheeks burning as he gave a half smile. “I mean wait… I don’t even know your name. Perhaps we could share this meal? I’m not sure if I’ll be able to eat all of it.” He admitted with a small nod in her direction, dark molten amber eyes watching her curiously. “As for my name. I am Eveningstorm.” He explained, giving her a small smile.

SoliloquySilver
    Participant

She blinks in surprise as he calls out to her, immediately freezing in place. He wanted her to stay? Why? Perhaps he just didn’t want to be left alone in a strange den and was clinging to the first cat he saw. “Well… alright,” She said, turning around to limp back over to him. “You do need to eat as much as you possibly can, though. I’ll sit with you and finish off whatever is left,” She me0wed, dipping her head as she settled down a comfortable distance away, her limbs casually stretching out as she got comfortable.

She smiled softly as he introduced himself, nodding her head in greeting. “My name is Frostburn. It’s a pleasure to meet you, Eveningstorm,” She said, smiling. “It’s a shame that we’re meeting under these circumstances, however,” she murmured, gesturing towards his injuries. Curiosity was clawing at her, but she didn’t want to bombard this poor tom with her questions. Now was not the time.

Feared
    Participant

He blinked slowly when she hesitated and looked over her shoulder blade towards him, those brilliant green eyes curious while he gave her an uncertain smile and dipped his chin for a moment. Silently thankful that she had decided to stay with a little prompting, his chin tilting as he gazed at her for a moment. Now he was just realizing that she was missing one of her hindlegs, arching a single kitty brown as he didn’t bother hiding that he was looking towards her rear end, but he was curious. Eveningstorm had never seen such a thing in his life nor did he know that a cat could even survive off of three legs and yet here she was. Standing before him. Dark amber eyes glanced down towards the squirrel that she had laid down at his paws, shifting slightly as a broad paw reached out with a small wince from the twinge of pain that rugged at his sore muscles. Ignoring the pain, white claws poked out of the sheathes as he dug them into the bushy tail of the squirrel as he then pulled it towards his broad chest, grunting faintly. “I’m not sure I’ll be able to eat it all but thank you.” The dark brown and white tabby tomcat dipped his chin as he truly was grateful but his stomach was still churning with the uncomfortable sick feeling.

Clearing his throat, he looked away from the prey as he noticed that she was sitting a good distance away, which did bother him. Perhaps it was because he was from a different clan but he didn’t like it. Upon hearing her name, his facial expression softened slightly as he gave her a small dip of his chin in greeting. “The pleasure is all mine, Frostburn.” The toms voice was deep and the tone was tired but he truly meant what he was saying. This was a pleasure and being in her presence seemed to calm him as he looked down at the squirrel and nodded slowly. “Strange circumstances, indeed.” He muttered slightly, his long and bushy tail curling against his side as he finally lowered his head and nipped the skin back on the hind quarter of the critter, taking a small bite out of the squirrels leg, just to please Frostburn. “So… my mind is a little foggy on what happened. Where exactly did you find me at?” Eveningstorm finally muttered, swallowing his mouthful.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Camp SkyClan Medicine Den Strange Circumstances (Frostburn and Eveningstorm, Closed)