Spring is in the Air (Dark and Olive)

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Camp Spring is in the Air (Dark and Olive)

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Olive
    Participant

Olivepetal- Skyclan Warrior
    The molly exhaled, glad she hadn’t said anything further that could have made her more embarrassed. She wasn’t exactly embarrassed..but it was that there were so many emotions running along her spine to the base of her paws she wanted to jump, or something! For one thing, Olivepetal was just about relieved that the tom didn’t approve of her, mate vacuity, and lonliness, as most of the females in the clans didn’t have. It would have made her want to crawl under a rock and hide for moons if he disliked her for this reason, but the slender she cat knew by his facial expressions and words he didn’t seem disturbed in any way. She hoped that her own appearance was somewhat relaxed, as she briefly gave a swift lick to her chest. Her mind wandered for a moment in where possibly this conversation and topic may lead, for Olivepetal could..not guess, but imagine. But she blinked back into the present as Darkbird cleared his throat, making her focus her attention back onto him. Really, Olivepetal felt that she should be nervous or something, but a  somewhat different sense of calm, but attentiveness had washed over her. Mentally reminding herself she wasn’t a kit anymore and she was a warrior, and adult, the molly hoped that she could take this conversation seriously, as it was a rather important topic. The word bounced around in the back her head as she looked at him, slowly curling her tail in the air, before letting it settle back of the grasses gently, beside her slim hindquarters.

As she noticed a pleased grin form on Darkbird’s face, the she cat flicked her ear, curious for his following words. After all, she was inwardly eager to hear whatever he had to say. Once the dark coated tom explained how he was relieved, Olivepetal felt her own shoulders relax a fraction. Thank Starclan! The cream warrior chanted in her mind. But her smile faltered as he countered her past look, in which her thoughts might burst. Olivepetal nervously flicked the tip of her tail, shifting her slim shoulders, so that her torso was more settled on her forearms. As his golden gaze searched hers. “Well..” She began, giving a small ringing laugh. “You know me..” The molly continued a bit shyly, but a smile on her face, so that her ears pinned back a bit. “I was the quiet cat..and didn’t know anyone really.” Olivepetal carried on, gently flexing her claw into the ground, as if a nervous habit. All she wanted to do was forwardly tell Darkbird, but it wasn’t easy for her to explain. “Then there’s you, Darkbird. You know a lot of cats, well, I know some!” She giggled, swallowing, blinking her clear eyes cautiously. “But, then, I’ve never had a mate, and..” Olivepetal was scratching herself in the inside, wishing she could dive in the tallest grasses, and hide. “I mean..you have, but then, I- we, got to know..eachother?” She decided to leave it there before she carried on like a sick bird, never ending, while he would never understand. Oh Olivepetal what are you doing!

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by Olive.
    Feared
    Participant

Darkbird ~ SkyClan Warrior

Eyebrows were beginning to furrow as Olivepetal spoke, her words were all jumbled together and he was having a hard time following what she was trying to ask. But from what he did gather was that she knew he had a mate previous to their courtship, and that made him nervous. Darkbird was not proud of his relationship with Birchberry but he simply couldn’t help the fact that it had happened. Shifting slightly to where he scooted closer to the she-cat, his flank pressing against her own as his tongue soothingly draped along her neck in an effort to calm her down. “I’m not too sure what your question is… but I will say this.” He said finally as he pulled his head back, his golden hued colored eyes finding her chocolate brown furred face. “I did have a mate a long time ago, but it meant nothing. Birchberry was a mistake that should have never happened, but I got two beautiful kits out of it.” He said softly, his long dark tail lightly twining with Olivepetal’s. “I haven’t found anyone since my relationship with Birchberry crumbled and I thought I was okay with that, really. But… I’ve always admired your beauty and patience from afar and…” He laughed nervously as he broke eye contact. “And if I hadn’t been pushed to speak with you, I don’t know if I would have. I’m not the best speaker or looker, so I was nervous.” Darkbird admitted, his chin tilting as he looked back at the she-cat.

“It doesn’t bother me that you don’t know a lot of cats personally, you’re really quiet but you are so thoughtful. You are also really caring and sweet.” Darkbird’s voice was soft and tender as well as his gaze, his tail tightening its grip on her own. “I am beginning to really like you, Olivepetal. You make my heart race when your near, I find myself seeking you out. Your scent drives me wild and when we lay like this…” He began to purr softly. “It makes me happy and I don’t want to leave your side.” Darkbird said softly. “We are too old to beat around the bush and not discuss our feelings, but I will understand if you don’t return these feelings and just want to keep this relationship friendly.” Darkbird added, he did not want to pressure her into anything. If Olivepetal felt the spark as well then he would pursue her until his dying days, but if she didn’t… then he would just have to live as her friend. “Although.. if you do feel the spark between us, I will pursue you until I die.” He promised and leaned forward to gently press his dark nose against her own, tenderly rubbing his nose against her nose, in a form of a butterfly kiss.

Olive
    Participant

Gulping down her embarrassment from her recent jumble of words, the molly tried to shift her body a little into the shade. Because of her last thoughts, and.. sentences, either the sun or her pelt had actually heated up a lot. She then wished she described her thoughts a bit more clearly as she could only imagine how confused Darkbird possibly was. Not very good for a reply, but her inner self seemed to remind her that this subject was still new to her. The cream she cat nearly huffed aloud of the thought. She did seem a bit.. behind, in the warrior life, but Olivepetal then straightened as Darkbird opened his muzzle to speak. His golden gaze met hers and she tilted her chin up a bit, her ears completely still. This must have been probably the most in depth conversation she had ever had. To layer it on, Darkbird really was the only cat that talked to her so much. And she loved it like that, it was just what she needed.

As the Skyclan warrior listened to her clanmate explain his past relationship, Olivepetal mentally nodded, but as soon as he accounted the moons to be such a failure, her chest tightened. Oh no! Poor Darkbird! She thought as he continued. She wanted to wrap around him, as Olivepetal yearned to comfort him out of the past troubles. She didn’t know of his history, but it made her sad for him, but she listened as he continued, mentioning his kits. Kits! I didn’t know that much.  But she would ask him her mounting questions later, as she felt the dark tom’s tail intertwine gently with hers.
    The molly barely blinked as the strong warrior carried on about the negative relationship, she pressed closer against him, just wanting to soak out his sadness from him, like a huge clump of moss.  When her ears didn’t betray her as sudden compliments were uttered from his lips. Olivepetal felt her face flush with heat, warming her. “Oh, Darkbird..” The petite she cat mewed softly before she dipped her head, before focusing his eyes in his, a small giggle escaping her chest. When Darkbird continued flattering her, a gentle smile grew on her face, as she wanted to yowl that she felt the same exact way! But even though she did it too much to herself, Olivepetal couldn’t help but blurt, “I think you’re amazing actually. And to be honest, I felt the same way. But ever since I’ve met you..” She beamed a bit brighter. “I’ve changed really. And I like how I changed too. And I like how I changed.” Olivepetal admitted herself, head butting him softly.

As Darkbird’s following words made her breath out in agreement, and bashfulness, she turned her head slowly, gazing at the grasses, and lifting it so that the trees loomed over her, letting her see the branches and leaves rustle in the gentle breeze. “Thank you Darkbird. And you’re right too.” The molly lowered her head again to glance up at his dark face. “You’ve definitely..I guess opened me up.” Olivepetal murmured, as his tail twisted slightly tighter, her own tail twisted in his. “If we didn’t meet me, I would still most likely be quiet..too quiet.” Then, the next words, made her chest flutter instantly, and she opened her muzzle in surprise, and joy, as a loud purr ease from her. As the dark coated tom went on about her, she wanted to curl up in a ball, yet run a million fox lengths at the same time. “Darkbird, I- I’m not sure how to say it, but thank you, and yes, yes me too.” She tripped over her words, which were combined with a purr, and she was almost lost at them. But Darkbird continued, making her heart want to burst out of her chest. No other tom had talked to her like this before, nor feel this about her. When the handsome tom explained about not wanting to leave her side, her mind yowled, Me too! Darkbird described how he would pursue his hopes, she nearly crumbled, giving her head a bashful shake. Before she could reply, she felt Darkbird shift, and gently brush his nose against hers for a fleeting second, the softhearted action making her purr resound around them, matching his. Once the molly lifted her shining blue eyes to his warm amber gaze, she didn’t stutter this time for her reply to his last words.

“Me too.”

Feared
    Participant

A tender smile was playing along the tomcats lips as he watched Olivepetal become bashful, causing his chin to tilt ever so slightly as he resisted the urge to lean forward and gently lick along her forehead in order to keep her calm. But it didn’t take long until he was feeling bashful and his own cheeks were flaming as she admitted that he was amazing in her eyes and he couldn’t even fathom that she thought that. His dark grey nose twitched with embarrassment for a moment as his golden eyes flickered down towards his paws for a moment. “Gee… Thank you.” He meowed softly as he slowly lifted his chin. Darkbird listened to the she-cat speak while he held his tongue, purring softly. She had changed just a touch but it was all in the right direction, Olivepetal had become more out going when it came to him and honestly he was really pleased. Their tails were still twined with one another, causing his rusty purr to become stronger. He was even more pleased when Olivepetal didn’t pull her nose away, causing his smile to widen when she meowed that she would do the exact same.

Blushing was an understatement for the male, his face was flaming as he realized just what that meant. His smile was widening and he couldn’t help the smile that was coloring his muzzle. “Alright then. It is settled.” He gave a small nod and looked into her crystal blue eyes. “I am officially courting miss Olivepetal.” Darkbird was beaming, his side was already pressed against her own and he had already captured her tail and yet he wanted to be closer. Shifting slightly to where he licked her shoulder blade, the tomcat finally meowed. “So, what would you like to do now?” He asked, in a soft voice, looking away from her as his chin went back in order to gaze up at the overhanging birch tree branches.

Olive
    Participant

The she cat pressed back against Darkbird, closing her eyes for a moment as he spoke the words. She had a felling deep in her chest that from the day they began talking, their relationship would grow. Olivepetal was extremely glad they did, or she would most likely be alone now, or with another tom that didn’t even add up close to the strong, handsome warrior next to her. The conversation seemed to have gone pretty well, and the outcome made her resist the urge to just roll in her back through the tall grasses. Even today..gee. Olivepetal thought back to earlier..which seemed like moons ago, when she was still in camp, and the patrol had come back, with Darkbird, and..those other cats. Her mind wandered, as she recalled the cats. They were only her clanmates but there seemed to be something about..Snowyowl.. As the molly racked her brain, it occurred to her. The flash of the eyes, exact same eyes, and a somewhat similar build. She could’ve been wrong, but ever since Darkbird brought it up, it was nagging at the back of her mind. Plus, she still wanted to know a little about the kits, and not Birchberry. The she cat would hate herself if she made Darkbid upset for a raw an sore topic, after the blissful day they were sharing. The she cat then leaned off of the tom, and shifted so she was facing him, but also her pelt pressed against his a bit.

“Actually can I ask you something?” Olivepetal mewed gently, blinking her cerulean gaze back to Darkbird, her purr quieting as she spoke. “I don’t want to be nosy.. or pushy, but, I don’t know anything about your kits, that you mentioned earlier.” The elegant cream warrior continued slowly, just in case she messed up the words.“Who are your children?” Olivepetal asked him softly, pivoting her chin a bit so she could look at him better. Instead she just lowered it so her neck draped over his back, and she closed her eyes and her..mate began to respond. Her purr grew a little at the word, her heart still fluttering with joy. She would still have to get used to that word, as it was also a new title for her. 

Feared
    Participant

He wasn’t prepared for how curious Olivepetal was, and as he relaxed against his mate, he seemed to notice a rather curious expression cross over her delicate features. This caused a single kitty brow to rise as he watched Olivepetal, she was trying to figure out a way to form the words properly. Darkbird blinked in a shocked fashion, his golden eyes flickering around her face as he read her expression. Olivepetal was simply curious about his life before he had met her and honestly he wasn’t too sure what to say. Clearing his throat he looked away from Olivepetal as she shifted to get more comfortable, overlaying her chin across his back as he tried to get his thoughts together. “Take into consideration… that my kits don’t even know I am their father.” He meowed softly, his gold colored eyes falling down towards his paws as he slowly dug his dark black talons into the dirt. “I promised their mother that I would stay out of their life’s and I have… so everything I say I would like for it to between us.” Darkbird spoke softly, only turning his chin once to give Olivepetal a hesitant smile before he breathed in slowly.

“My former mate used to be Birchberry and we had two kits..” Darkbird felt awkward, he had never actually spoken their names to another cat beside Birchberry, and she was somewhere within StarClan. “Driftcloud and Snowyowl.” He spoke the name of his son and daughter. Snowyowl was pure white like her mother but his daughter had inherited his eyes while Driftcloud was a mix of himself and Birchberry. Darkbird pressed his dark lips together for a moment before he turned his chin and looked at Olivepetal, his stomach dropped to the very pit as he became nervous for her response. “Is… that all you want to know?” He mumbled softly, his ears laying flat against his head.

Olive
    Participant

As her dark brown head was laid on Darkbird’s strong back, she once again pricked her ears forward, attentive. Olivepetal could sense his nervousness and change of heart, and part of her wanted to heart it and another part wanted her to say don’t say it. But if she said that, it  would make things worse. She felt his back muscles tense as he took a breath, soon explaining that his kits don’t even know who their true father is. She flicked an ear in confusion about to ask why, but she bit her tongue as he continued. But whats their story then? The light cream molly thought quickly, as her mate rumbled on, describing his promise and for her to agree to keep this conversation enclosed between themselves. “I can do that.” She raised her head a little and nodded firmly as he turned to smile tentatively at her. She was trustworthy and knew she could keep it away from other cats. Ha! Like she talked to a lot of her clanmates anyway..

Olivepetal nodded slowly as he told her about Birchberry. The word from his voice seemed raw, and faintly laced with pain. But as the Skyclan warrior continued, a bit awkwardly, he revealed the names of his kits. She stayed silent, mentally nodded. Snowyowl does have Darkbird’s eyes, and Driftcloud? Olivepetal didn’t really interact his son, but she vaguely remembered and recognized the similar pelt as her mates. When Darkbird uncomfortably asked her if that would be all of her edgy curiousity, the molly now felt bad. “I’m sorry.” She murmured softly, lifting her head from his back, to look at him. “I didn’t mean to..upset you in any way.” Olivepetal reassured her mate, trying to apologize. Most definitely not wanting to push it, she affectionately licked his shoulder blade, “I promise. we can move on from that topic.” Of all things she wanted Darkbird happy, and didn’t like seeing his so down.

Feared
    Participant

Darkbird was comforted by her soft words and the tender lick to his shoulder blade made the tomcat practically melt into the molly. It was hard to appear so weak and vulnerable so early into their relationship, but it was definitely a sore and emotional roller coaster for the tomcat whenever his kits were involved. He could tell that Olivepetal was still curious but for his sake she was reining in her questions, which caused his eyebrows to furrow as he shifted to where he placed a large paw over one of her smaller paws. “No… you didn’t upset me.” He promised, nostrils flaring as he breathed in deeply before releasing a heavy sigh. “I don’t want you to think that I didn’t… want to be a father. Quite the opposite actually.” He chuckled nervously, but his gold colored eyes found Olivepetal’s crystal blue. “Birchberry was not an easy she-cat to be with and by the time we knew she was expecting, we had decided to separate. I was more than willing to be the father role for my children but Birchberry didn’t want me in her life nor theirs. How could I not respect that?” Darkbird asked no one in particular, looking away from Olivepetal. Really he shouldn’t be venting to his new mate but the subject was a raw one and his emotions were breaching the surface. “I fought her at first but… she could be so damn convincing and threatening. I just… I just took a step back.” He sighed while he gazed at nothing in particular.

He was taking a moment to gather his thoughts before he turned his head back towards Olivepetal, although he couldn’t exactly look her in the eye. “Even after Birchberry passed away I still couldn’t bring myself to… to introduce myself to them as their father. What would I say for not being involved this whole time?” He mumbled softly, his expression conflicted as he began to chew on his lower lip, clearly a nervous tick of his. “I may not have been a father to them. But I hope that doesn’t change your view of me, or with us.” He finally meowed and forced himself to lift his gaze up to her. Darkbird was worried that perhaps Olivepetal wouldn’t feel comfortable with the aspect of perhaps in the future having a family of their own with his lack of skills at being a successful one.

Olive
    Participant

Olivepetal’s history didn’t even come that close, and in a small part of her brain, she was extremely happy that Darkbird was her mate now. Because he’d proved to her that sometimes how negative relationships could be. Her heart soared, relieved again that it was Darkbird, and not a tom that wasn’t nearly as nice or understanding. She..loved him, and he loved her. But her heart still longed for him, and the suffering cruelty that was still tucked away, from his previous mate. The molly felt her mate move his body so that he could place on of his large, dark paws, crossed over her petite, cream paw. It was a simple gesture and Olivepetal smiled softly when he reasoned that he wasn’t upset. But once he exhaled, she tilted her chin as he went more in depth about his mate history. Her chest tightened, as the sore topic even seemed to make the air still, and chill her spine. As she listened quietly, the Skyclan warrior could tell Darkbird just needed it to go. But she hoped she could do that in their time together, He was suffering, and it was like a wound still raw. Once he finished softly, Olivepetal comfortingly leaned against his shoulder and neck, slowly resting her tail on top of his, just wanting to extract his sadness laying beneath his sturdy coat forever. “You were, and are smart about it.” The gentle she cat assured him, nodding. “Instead of.. blowing up and making matters worse, you took the situation into your paws, and did what a true warrior would do.” She mewed. “It was- and is a difficult situation, and I’m proud of you.” The she cat murmured aloud, swallowing.

When her mate after a moment turned back to her, she caught a gleam in his eye, as he adverted them, making her chest tighten a little. Never had she known how much difficulty Darkbird had gone through. When he rumbled on slowly about not opening to his kits, Olivepetal wasn’t exactly with him, because she had never been in a position like that. She could understand his frustration, and sorrow, but still Olivepetal couldn’t put herself in his paws. “It’s.. just very complicated, but I think you should follow your heart, or do what you think is right, because they’re your kits.” The molly replied, curling her tail lightly. She wanted for him to be positive with himself on it, instead of beating himself down. It wouldn’t help the situation, or possibly clan.

But when her mate proposed to her of the events and troubles could warp her view on him or the prospect of their relationship, she immediately shook her head, refusing it silently in her head. Olivepetal knew he was deeply troubled. “It’s my duty to stay by your side, and comfort, and love you, so we can battle the storms together.” The cream she cat read from her mind aloud. “And I will. Just because of your harsh history, wont ever make me not like you.” Olivepetal promised Darkbird. “It will make me want to be with you, and stay close.” She vowed, meeting his gaze evenly, her eyes sparkling. And from that moment, the Skyclan warrior promised to herself that whatever troubles Darkbird faced, she would support him, no matter what.

• This reply was modified 4 weeks ago by Olive.
    Feared
    Participant

For him to hear such tender words coming from his mates lips, it was truly heartwarming. Darkbird was a capable fighter and an excellent hunter, but he always felt like he failed when it came to being a father. Snowyowl and Driftcloud were doing just fine without him, and although his ex mate had been dead for a year now, he wasn’t sure what was keeping him from making that single step to acknowledgment. He smiled faintly when she tried to comfort him, leaning her head into his neck and shoulders, while he sighed and breathed in her scent to help calm his stomach and heart. So far.. it was working. “Thank you, Olivepetal.” He murmured softly, his golden eyes finding her beautiful face as she gazed at him with compassion and concern, prompting a small purr from his chest. “Do not look so concerned, miss Petal. I will be alright.” He reassured the she-cat, leaning forth to gently rasp his tongue over his mates muzzle.

His ears laid flat in surprise when Olivepetal spoke next, her words final and yet gentle. His heart swelled with what she was saying and his cheeks warmed up considerably. Clearing his throat, he lowered his face to hide within the soft cream fur of her neck, his ears burning. “You… will have to watch yourself when saying such.. passionate things.” Darkbird mumbled into her neck, but his tail curled with delight as he slowly lifted his face out of her neck and rubbed his cheek against her own. “Thank you for being so understanding… how did I get so lucky?” He mused softly as he gazed at Olivepetal, her eyes were sparkling and her expression confident. Perhaps he was changing her, but he could see the changes going in all the right directions.

Olive
    Participant

The molly’s purr reverberated from her loud chest as her mate thanked her, his eyes alight with happiness. 
    This is just how she liked it, the two of them, together, and Darkbird happy. Well, and herself! Today she hadn’t felt down, one bit, other than pitying Darkbird. But the significant difference in her just made her feel like a whole new cat. She pretty much was anyway! The mate of the best tom on the forests. “I’m glad you’ll be alright. Because then I’m alright.” Olivepetal murmured in reply, blinking her blue eyes slowly. What she had said was true, and it was exactly what she was going to stick to. Plus, the she cat was also relieved they had smoothed out the conversation, hindering it from heading south, and making the warriors feel negative.

The Skyclan warrior blinked back at Darkbird lovingly, but then raised her chin a bit as he buried his face in the crook of her slender neck. She wondered if he felt the strong rumbling of her purr, which seemed to have been buzzing all day. The molly giggled aloud as he told her to watch herself as she licked the top of his dark, large head briefly. “I think we’ll both have to watch ourselves.” Olivepetal mused, her response laced with gentle love. How did I become so lucky? Olivepetal echoed in her thoughts, after Darkbird’s following words of admiration.. If anything, she felt like the lucky one. She was the one who had been in the corners, and now, her heart was a full bloom, her thoughts finally free, and her heart open. The she cat blinked back down at her mate, gently purring, “Of all things, I feel like the luckiest cat in all the forests.” Olivepetal grinned, and raised her head as another breeze swept throughout the overhead trees and branches, the sun slowly sinking past sunhigh in the gorgeous blue sky. “What do you want to do?” The cream molly questioned aloud, her mew with hints of strong curiosity, and gentleness. “I’m up for anything And today had been full with amazing adventures..and eye openers.” Olivepetal added and smiled down at Dakrbird. Of course being with him was her main happiness, and after all, Darkbird really did know how to make her enjoy herself. She flicked her ears, waiting patiently for his response, her tail curled in pure relaxation, and delight.

• This reply was modified 4 weeks ago by Olive.
    Feared
    Participant

Olivepetal’s constant purr hadn’t gone unnoticed, what seemed to be a permanent smile was stuck upon his face. The evening had turned out to be perfect. Gold colored eyes watched his mate silently, chin tilting momentarily as he sighed softly and placed his forehead against her shoulder blade. His former mate and children were a sore subject and wore him out but just having a little bit of physic reassurance from his mate was enough to cool down his nerves. As she giggled then proceeded to lick the top of his head, he found himself smiling once more into her creamy brown, chuckling softly as he slowly removed his big head. “That statement is very true.” He nodded slowly, he wanted to take thing with Olivepetal at the correct pace, he didn’t want to jump the gun like he had with Birchberry and have kittens prematurely into their relationship. His cheeks became ablaze when she mentioned that she was actually the luckiest cat within all of the forest, causing him to smile softly before he cleared his throat slightly out of embarrassment. No one had ever said that to him before.

At her question, he found that his chin was tilting while his mind was racing once more. He honestly hadn’t thought that far ahead, in fact he wasn’t even sure what his plan of action would have been had Olivepetal refused to be his mate. Slowly he scored his long pink tongue over his teeth for a moment before his golden eyes flickered back towards cute tan furred face. “This May sound like a strange request. But perhaps we could take a quick dip in the creek nearby? My dark fur doesn’t do all that well for me in Green-Leaf.” He apologized, his ears were warm and he was getting close to panting in order to keep himself cool. However, he didn’t want Olivepetal to see him in such a state, his front paws shifting uncomfortably against the ground as he cleared his throat once more. His days of suffering were not over, there were weeks more of this terribly hot weather to endure.

Olive
    Participant

As the molly patiently waited for her mate to reply, her mind swirled with random ideas. As she thought, her purr remained steady, just the closeness and comfort of Darkbird next to her made her content but she really wanted to get a chance to stretch her legs, and get to move around a bit. Maybe.. Inwardly frustrated Olivepetal couldn’t think of anything from the top of her head. Her lighter colored pelt was warm in the sun, and from her slight discouragement. She quickly shook her head, but them pivoted it towards the handsome dark tom, as he was formulating a suggestion. Once his amber gaze found hers, the she cat attentively flicked her ears, eager to hear his proposition.

After her mate propounded the significantly good idea, the cream warrior enthusiastically perked, her bright blue eyes sparkling. “That’s a great idea!” She nodded, mentally questioning herself, Why couldn’t I think of that?  “It’s really hot outside too. I don’t blame you either.” Olivepetal commented on his words. “No need to apologize. I’m parched.” The molly added, with a purr. Giving Darkbird a sweet lick on his forehead, the dark fur warm under her tongue, the cream colored she cat rose to her paws, arching her back from the period of time of the two of them laying down. Once she lifted her muzzle to the sky, a soft peacefulness settled over her, as Olivepetal reflected back on the day. So much had happened, seemingly in a blur. But somehow she savored and grasped it all, not wanting to forget it. After all, it felt like a blink ago she had agreed to become his mate. It would change her, even more, and her heart wanted to pursue the change. The molly smiled gently, sighing out of her trance, and gazing at Darkbird.

“I look forward to this idea.” Olivepetal said aloud, lifting her tail happily. A nice dip in the cool water would definitely cool them off pleasantly. She hadn’t even been in the water for quite a while. She had never disliked the water actually, but it was always known to her as the perfect solution to cool off in the sweltering weather. “Ready Darkbird?” The molly asked brightly, looking back at him for a moment. When she turned back, the tall grasses barely swayed, as the lack of wind. Now, a new experience..with my mate. Olivepetal contemplated, warming at the thought.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 6 days ago by Olive.
    Feared
    Participant

He was relieved when Olivepetal seemed to think that his idea was a rather grand one, her blue eyes instantly sparkling with delight that she could barely contain. Blinking slightly in surprise when she licked his forehead and then pushed herself into a standing position, moving swiftly with excitement. If it wasn’t for the heat exhaustion that he was currently feeling, perhaps he would have been just as excited. Clearing his throat, the tomcat gave a wary nod before he too stood up, his broad paws slowly hitting against the ground as he walked after his mate. “I’m coming, I’m coming.” He chuckled in amusement as she beckoned him, quickening his pace just enough to where he was now walking by her side. Despite the heat and the fact that he was now panting softly to release some of the heat stored in his dark fur, he found himself pressing against Olivepetal here and there as they walked. Her innocence was adorable, and honestly he couldn’t bring himself to stay too far away from her, but he wasn’t as naive as before. He knew how to keep his distance in order to refrain from having a surprise litter.

Grey lips parted as a small groan of relief slipped through, his ears dropping against his head in a lazy fashion as he caught sight of the creek. Creeks were rare in the territory, but he greatly enjoyed them this time of year, a trick his grandfather had shown him many a seasons ago. “You don’t have to get in… it just cools me off.” He reassured his mate, giving her cheek a lick before he quickly wadded into the shallow water. Immediately his ankles were swallowed by the icy cold water, but the sting was more than welcomed as he slowly lowered himself into the shallow water. Even though just his belly fur and a little of his sides were under the water, it was stark cold and it helped relieve some of the heat stuck within his dark pelt. “Mmmm.” He murmured softly, eyes closing as he silently enjoyed the feeling of the creek water. His chin lowered to rest upon his chest for a brief moment before he opened his eyes and looked towards Olivepetal, “I’m sorry if this is not what you had in mind..” Darkbird smiled sheepishly.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Camp Spring is in the Air (Dark and Olive)