Sparks Returning (Snapping and Ash)

Forums ShadowClan ShadowClan Territory Sparks Returning (Snapping and Ash)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Feared
    Participant

Ash ~ Female Kittypet

Pupils narrowed slightly for a moment as the lovely feline slipped from the cat door within the door that led out to the patio, dainty paws lightly stepping down upon the wooden porch that led out to the backyard, Ash’s favorite place to spend most of her time. Her parents never really understood her obsession over being outside and enjoying the treasures that the T.V could not even hope to deliver. A soft sigh slipped from her delicate grey lips, eyes looking over forest as her mind slipped to an easier time in her childhood when she could look to the trees and see her childhood friend, Snappingpaw. The ever charming tomcat had been a sweetheart, although his life style was much harder and stressful than her own.. it had been Moons since she had last seen the Tom. Was he even still alive? She was unsure. 

Stepping out from under the ceiling of the porch, her eyes momentarily closing as the late evening sun warmed up her grey speckled pelt as she enjoyed the warmth. Clearing her throat she looked around the yard, the freshly mowed grass was always a pleasure to walk upon, the soft grass was lovely against her paws. There were only two tall pine trees that were within the limits of the backyard, one of which she lived to rub her side against in order to scratch at her pelt. Plus.. she had seen Snappingpaw do so before, although she didn’t realize it was because he was scenting the trees. She sighed softly to herself as her thoughts were flickering back to the dark red spotted tomcat that had stolen her mind tonight, upper body lowering as she stretched out her slender figure. 

SoliloquySilver
    Participant

A dark red figure was slinking through the forest, moving with great intent to his destination. The tomcat was sleek, tall, and muscular, the epitome of a well-bred, respectable ShadowClan warrior. Plenty of she-cats were taking notice of him back home now that he had finally been given his full name, but his thoughts fell only to the kittypet he befriended moons ago. Snappingfox took the path he had walked so many times as a young apprentice, slowing only when he saw the familiar yellow two-leg nest in the distance.

Now that he was there… he was nervous. Would Ash be angry at him? Upset that he disappeared for so long? Would she even recognize him? He was bigger now, there was a notch out of his left ear, and some very obvious scars parted the fur on his muzzle and right shoulder. He looked much more like a wildcat than he did back then. Would she be scared of him? Hell, did she even live in the yellow two-leg nest anymore? The tom grunted, giving his pelt a firm shake before continuing his walk. No turning back now. He was hiding in the bushes as he made his way, not wanting to draw attention to himself, and before he new it, he was there.

He spotted Ash almost instantly, and butterflies immediately filled his stomach. She was…beautiful. More beautiful than he remembered. He couldn’t help but take a moment to just sit and watch her. He sat there, gathered his courage, scented the air to check for danger, then emerged, slowly creeping towards the fence, delicately putting one paw in front of the other. He called out to her, hoping not to scare her away.

“Ash?”

Feared
    Participant

Ash ~ Female Kittypet 

Green eyes widened slightly when she heard a familiar voice coming from the edge of the backyard, ears perking upright on top of her head as she turned to see the tall and muscular tomcat that was constantly on her mind. He certainly looked nothing like the 9 moon old tomcat that she had met moons ago, Snappingpaw was no longer short and slim. He has certainly filled out those large paws… Ash thought silently to herself as her green eyes looked over the Tom, before she felt a slow breath leaving her chest as she couldn’t seem to get her thoughts to work correctly in order for words to leave her mouth. After blinking herself out of her surprise, she found herself taking a hesitant step towards the ‘stranger’. “Snappingpaw?” She questioned, before a gentle smile began to find its way onto her beautiful face. 

After a moments hesitation, the lovely feline began to move towards the tomcat with a tender smile brightening up her facial features. “Oh my gosh, where have you been?” She questioned with a gentle laugh leaving her lips, tail swaying gently behind her as she reached Snappingfox. “Still taller than me I see.” She commented, eyes shining as she got closer and closer to the Tom. Her eyes looked towards the scars on his ear and across his muzzle but she made sure to hold her tongue. Living out in the wild as a feral feline was a much harder life than her warm and cozy home with her ‘twolegs’. Clearing her throat her eyes quickly adjusted back towards his eyes, those glorious eyes. However, she felt no anger that he had kept away.. but it did make her feel a bit sad that it was clear how long it had been since she saw him. Both felines were fully grown. 

SoliloquySilver
    Participant

A grin crossed the big tom’s face when his friend spoke his old name. “Snappingfox,” he corrected, puffing his chest out proudly. “I’m a warrior now. Got my full name just a couple of days ago.” He boasted, head held high. It was quite clear that he was proud of his fierce-sounding name. He was relieved that she recognized him, and didn’t seem angry, but he still felt guilty for abandoning her. He deflated a bit, shuffling his paws nervously.

“I’m sorry for disappearing. The last couple moons of apprenticeship are a busy time for clan cats, lots of assessments and things, and I have more responsibilities as a warrior. On top of that, I sprained my paw not too long ago, so I had to recover from that on top of everything else… I never stopped thinking about you, though. I really missed you…” He admitted sheepishly, feeling his ears grow hot with embarrassment. “I was afraid you’d forgotten about me, or you would hate me, or even be scared of me. I’m not exactly the cute apprentice I used to be.”

He absently wondered if he smelled like the nursery, since he’d been making so many prey runs for Briarfeather and watching over his new siblings when she needed to make quick trips to the dirtplace. Would Ash be able to tell? Could kittypets even pick out scents like that? He didn’t know why his brain was running at a thousand miles a second, but he definitely didn’t like how nervous he felt. He’d never felt so awkward around a cat he liked before. Typically when he felt this self-conscious, he would lash out, but he would never lash out at Ash. He simply looked at her through the fence and gave a nervous chuckle before looking back down at his paws.

“So… How have you been?”

Feared
    Participant

Ash ~ Female Kittypet 

She blinked in surprise when he corrected her with his name, facial expression brightening considerably when he explained that he had received his full name for his new position as a warrior. Ash recalled how he had briefly explained the ranks and such within a ‘Clan’ but she was very surprised that so much had changed within just a few moons. Clearing her throat she gave a soft smile and tilted her head faintly, “Oh! That’s wonderful, Snappingfox.” Ash made sure to correct herself, mentally searing his new name into her mind as she secretly did not want to disrespect him with saying his name wrong. However, when he seemed to deflate a bit and shuffled his paws nervously against the ground she chewed on the inside of her cheek for a moment as she was unsure what brought on this sudden change in mood. 

Ash stayed silent as he spoke about why he had to stay away for so long, a pain began to over take her chest when he spoke about how run down he had been with his responsibilities and that his own paw had been strained for a wee while. “Oh… I’m sorry to hear about that, Snappingfox.” She frowned, green eyes lowering to look towards that of his paw as she felt the impulse to look towards his paws to see that he was standing just fine on his own paws. I’m glad he’s okay. Ash thought silently to herself, green eyes lifting from his paw when he mentioned that he had never stopped thinking about her, that he actually missed her. “Me?” She said out of surprise, eyes widening slightly before she regained her composure and smiled, ears burning with embarrassment. “I have missed you too, stranger.” She teased softly in a sheepish tone, letting her eyes drop down to her own paws for  moment before looking back up at Snappingfox. 

She was surprised when he vocalized how he felt about being nervous that she hated him, didn’t recognize him or that she was scared of him. “Oh… I could never hate you, Snappingfox. Even when we were younger I knew that your life was crazier and harder than my own.. the only thing I was terrified about was..” Ash hesitated slightly as she ran her tongue over her teeth before she cleared her throat and moved to where she slipped her slender figure through the poorly patched link in the fence. Now that she was standing on the same side of the fence, she gave her speckled pelt a quick shake. “I was terrified that something had happened to you. I know your life is dangerous.” Ash meowed, shifting slightly where she was now standing closer to Snappingfox, her heart beating quicker in her chest as she looked up at him. “You certainly aren’t the cute apprentice anymore, but the handsome warrior.” Ash corrected him, while smiling gently when she noticed he was just as nervous as she was. 

Rump lowering to sit on the ground, she gave out a soft sigh. “I’ve been fine honestly, I must have left a good impression with my twolegs because they didn’t give me to a new family.” She smiled, chin tilting slightly. “Nothing too exciting but nothing boring as well.” She meowed, smiling gently for a moment as her chin tilted while her scent glands tickled with the scent of milk that clung gently to Snappingfox’s pelt. Her ability to distinguish scents was not very strong, but she did know the scent of milk. “So… eh.. how are you? Got a family growing?” She questioned curiously, feeling the pang of jealousy that he had found someone and was starting a family and suddenly decided to come say ‘hello’. 

SoliloquySilver
    Participant

He blushed a bit when Ash called him handsome. “Heh, well, you’re not the silly kittypet you used to be… You’re… quite beautiful, If you don’t mind me saying…” He purred, grinning a bit. When she mentioned that she was worried something bad happened to him, he chuckled. “Ah, no. Nothing but a sprained paw and a border skirmish. Nothing I can’t handle! I am a fierce wildcat, after all.” He quietly watched her, audibly purring as she made her way past the fence to join him.

He was about to say something when He noticed her attitude shift a bit, followed by her asking if his family had grown. He was confused. “Yes, actually-” He paused, realization suddenly hitting him. She thought he had taken a mate! “OH, no, no! My mother recently had a litter! I’ve just been helping with them a bit. In the clan, all the nursing queens live in one den, so the scent clings to our pelts very easily.” He explained, fur fluffing up a bit. “You should smell my father. He’s in the nursery so often that he’s been mistaken for a nursing queen.” He joked, trying to ease the tension. “No, they’re not my kits. I’m still a bit too young to be a father.”

Feared
    Participant

Ash ~ Female Kittypet 

She felt her ears begin to heat up when he complimented her in her own appearance, a soft smile rising along her lips. Ash had not really seen herself as a beautiful feline, but she did find herself liking the way Snappingfox had said it and the way his eyes followed her curiously. However, she did feel a little jealous if he had found himself a mate. Her own parents had been trying to match her with a suitor to reproduce kits, although she had a little while to choose since she was young. So… if Snappingfox had found a mate and started a family, then she was going to try and be happy for him. 

Ash noticed how confused Snappingfox appeared when she questioned if his family had grown, causing her ears to lay flat against her head when she worried she had said something wrong. Her smile fell slightly when he had answered her question with a definite yes that his family had grown, but the scent of milk that clung to him was not from a mate but from his mother. Silently she felt relieved but she didn’t exactly understand the feeling, although she did feel a little silly that she had jumped the gun with assuming that he had a mate and kits. “Oh I’m so sorry..” Ash laughed softly, noticing that his fur was beginning to rise with the situation of the misunderstanding. “I’m sorry, I just smelled the milk scent and I assumed..” She cleared her throat and gave a small laugh when he commented about how his father must have smelled compared to him. “Well.. in my opinion you certainly learned something from him. I don’t really hear a lot about sons helping their mothers out with newer litters.” Ash found herself purring, it must be so sweet and kind for his mother to find herself surrounded by such loving family to help take care of the new kits. “Usually the she-cats and twolegs take care of the kits.” Ash explained her previous confusion. 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums ShadowClan ShadowClan Territory Sparks Returning (Snapping and Ash)