Skip to toolbar

Something I Need (Dark x Sorrel)

Forums RiverClam RiverClan Camp Something I Need (Dark x Sorrel)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Feared
    Participant

Sorrelember ~ RiverClan Queen

Today she was feeling rather uneasy, there were rumors flickering throughout the clan about her deceased Littermate and although she was trying to ignore them… there was no point in doing such. What her brother had bone had been disgraceful and he deserved no place within StarClan, but it still stung the young molly. Esclipekit and Cherrykit were snuggled up against her belly as they rest in the warm light of the sun, their little bodies soaking up the warmth of the sun. They had been up late playing around, despite the fact that Sorrelember had practically begged for her little kittens to sleep. Leapingkit was currently messing with his sister, Duskkit. His little paws were batting at her ears, causing the little Tortie female to eye her brother curiously before she finally pounced at him. Her heart ached as she remember playing with Pantherstorm in such a manner… he had been her best friend at that age. She was brought out of her thoughts as another queen questioned if she needed a break from her kittens, causing her amber eyes to glimmer with appreciation as she nodded. Passing her kittens over to Streampelt, she slowly stood up. The Queen was tall and slender, just an inch or shorter than her own mother. The base of her pelt was a pale ivory white that was painted in deep blacks and rich red strokes. Marking her as a richly colored calico.

She needed a distraction for her time away from the kittens, her eyes boredly roaming around the camp before she noticed a familiar dark grey tomcat. Darkfish was from a particular family that was usually the kindest, but he had been understanding a few days ago with handling her kittens outburst and to be honest… she found him interesting for this very reason. Her whiskers twitched as she found that her dainty paws were already carrying her in the tomcats direction before she could have thought through her actions any further. “Good mid-day.” Sorrelember greeted as she looked at Darkfish, it appeared that he had just returned from a patrol. “How has your morning been?” She questioned him curiously, lowering herself into a sitting position in front of him while her bright pumpkin orange colored gazed upon him curiously. Her long tail moved to drape over her forepaws, her left ear twitching slightly. Perhaps she could interest him in a hunt? She held her tongue for now.

SoliloquySilver
    Participant

Darktorrent strolled into camp, two rather large fish dangling from his jaws by their tails. He had been on a border patrol, but there was no way he would’ve passed on such great catches. His muscles rippled under his pelt as he strode across the camp to deposit his catch in the pile. Once that was done, the large dark tom began to scan the clearing with  a flick of his tail. That’s when he noticed someone coming towards him, the pretty tortoiseshell she-cat known as Sorrelember. An easy smile spread across his face as she came closer. He wasn’t sure why, but ever since he had been accosted by the queen’s young sons, he’d taken an interest in her and her children.

“Afternoon,” He said, dipping his head to the she-cat. “My day has been fine, but I have a feeling it’s about to get better,” He teased playfully, whiskers twitching. “Just got back from a patrol. Nothing to report today besides some loner off in the distance, outside of clan borders. Lakerunner and Thorncloud are gonna keep an eye on the area near where we saw them for the next few days to make sure they aren’t intending to trespass or cause trouble.” He rolled his shoulders a bit and stretched out, casually looking over the tortoiseshell queen. “So… how are you, Sorrelember?” He asked, tilting his head. He couldn’t help but wonder why she had chosen to approach him, out of all the other cats lazing about in the clearing. Perhaps she wanted something from him? He blinked slowly, tail curling around his paws as he sat down.

Feared
    Participant

Darktorrent’s easy smile was contagious, causing her to smile back as well while she watched him curiously. Today he smelled like fish, her nostrils flaring slightly as she enjoyed the scent of trout. Which told her that he had been fishing near the fresh water river, her mind wandering as she wished to be back out there. Although she loved being a mother, her paws itches just for her to be traveling through the reeds and river boulders once more before reaching the cliffs and sands of the sea. She tried so hard not to blush at his words, but it was impossible, the familiar heat frosting her cheeks as he teased. A small snicker leaving her lips in a wordless response, ears standing upright as she listened to him speak. She was surprised to hear about a few liners straying too close to their borders, perhaps that would bring some excitement to the warriors of the clan. “Sounds a little exciting.” She teased right back, noticing that his shoulders appeared stiff and his eyes a bit tired but he was at least making conversation with her instead of sending her away. “Oh how I would love to be patrolling again.” She sighed in a wistful manner, before getting pregnant she was a busy young warrior. Going on any patrol that she could, being the daughter of Wisteriastar held certain criteria’s. Being one of the best, happened to be one of them.

She pondered slightly for a moment as she wondered how she was, her tongue roaming over her front teeth before she gave a one shouldered shrug. “I am fine. The kits are a bit restless today but Streampelt offered to look after them for a while so I could stretch my legs.” Sorrelember admitted, her bright orange eyes flickered towards the nursery to see Duskkit and Leapingkit tumbling over one another as they played. She couldn’t help but smile at seeing her kits healthy and so energetic, but she turned her gaze away from the youngsters while she gazed at the handsome and dark furred tomcat before her. “I was wondering if you wouldn’t mind accompanying me on a stroll to the river? I wouldn’t mind a small swim in this heat.” Sorrelember spoke softly, her gaze friendly. She couldn’t help but be fascinated by this male, she was determined to get to know him better. A friendly walk couldn’t hurt?

SoliloquySilver
    Participant

He listened quietly as she spoke, snickering as she referred to the idea of trespassing loners as ‘exciting’. “Hah! It could be, I suppose. Either we get a new clanmate or a few warriors get to beat some outsider up. But the cat we saw was a good distance away, I doubt we’ll ever see them again.” Darktorrent had been going nonstop all morning, and all he really wanted to do was curl up in his nest for a nap, but for some reason he just couldn’t tell Sorrelember to leave him be. Any other cat and he would’ve just walked away, but there was something different about her.

When she turned her gaze away from him, his mossy green eyes followed curiously. They rested upon the forms of the queen’s kits playing in the sunshine. “They’ll be fine warriors someday,” he said, unsure of any other way to praise a group of kits he didn’t really know. ‘I wonder if Tigersnarl, Goosefur, and I ever played like that…’ he thought wistfully to himself, whiskers twitching. Surely they had at some point in their lives. Kits aren’t born hating each other, right? To be honest, he didn’t think he even hated his littermates, or any of his siblings for that matter. Their parents just made it impossible for any of them to develop close bonds, thanks to the constant verbal abuse and comparisons to one another. It was sad, really, but it was probably too late to change things now. Tigersnarl was dead, and he couldn’t even remember the last time he had spoken to Goosefur. The tom shifted a bit before slowly returning his focus to Sorrelember, deciding that it was best not to dwell on his family any longer. She wanted to go swimming.

“Sounds wonderful, let’s go.” The tom rose to his paws, giving the tortoiseshell queen another dashing smile. To be honest, he had a little bit of an ulterior motive for agreeing to accompany her. As much as he did want to go swimming, he had seen a rather interesting stone on the riverbank while on patrol. He wanted to bring it back to camp and gift it to Sorrelember’s kits to play with, but he left it there for fear of the gesture being seen as weird. Maybe if he could find it again and show it to her, she would want him to bring it back to the little ones. Or she would find it pretty and want to keep it for herself to remember their walk. Either scenario was fine with him.

His earlier tiredness was quickly forgotten at the two cats headed towards the river, chatting pleasantly the whole way.

Feared
    Participant

His chuckle made her smile soften even more, he was actually a rather easy going tom. Despite the family group that he came from, she was beginning to see these toms in a different light. Even Goosefur, who was the rudest out of them all. However, she had started to noticed that he was calmly patient with young cats, even though he made them nervous, he took his time with training and even with kits. He allowed them to play all over them, perhaps this family wasn’t as cold hearted as everyone perceived them to be. “Still sounds exciting compared to my day.” She laughed softly, before her ears twitched as Darktorrent commented on her kittens, her eyes growing soft as she looked at the dark furred tomcat. “Thank you… I know I could be out of line.. but Leapingkit and Eclipsekit were asking about you yesterday.” She admitted to the tomcat, blinking in surprise when he nodded that he would indeed accompany her to the river, causing a small purr to tickle the back of her throat.

She stood up and moved after the dark furred tomcat, her orange eyes gazing over his pelt for a brief moment before she caught herself staring too much. They shared a pleasant conversation but she could tell that his head was somewhere else, which made her curious as to what the tomcat was pondering about. Maybe she had been too pushy, he had been up and about the entire morning. “I’m sorry if I bothered you into coming with me, I just thought it would be fun.” Sorrelember confessed, in all honesty she wanted to spend time with him, get to know him. He was such a complex being that it bothered her that she didn’t know the real Darktorrent. She didn’t even realize that they had reached the river, the Tom beside of her had her full attention, that was of course before her ears finally caught the sound of running water. Chin turning as she caught sight of the river, a small sigh escaping her lips as she closed her eyes and breathed in the scent. Oh how she missed this. “I don’t know about you, but this heat is going to kill me.” She laughed softly, brushing her pelt playfully against his as she began to walk towards the river.

Tentatively, the tall and slender feline placed her two front paws into the water, the water wasn’t freezing cold, in fact it was slightly warm but she could still feel the coolness. “Mmmmm.” Sorrelember moaned in bliss as she padded further into the water, her calico pelt clinging to her as she waded further into the water, turning her chin as her fiery orange eyes landed upon the handsome Tom, her tail curling as she beckoned him. “The water feels amazing.” She breathed softly, her muscles instantly relaxing in the slightly cool water.

SoliloquySilver
    Participant

Darktorrent cocked an eyebrow when Sorrelember told him that her kits had been asking about him. “Guess they really like me, huh?” He asked, chuckling a bit. “Maybe I’ll take a stone from the river back to them.”  He flicked his tail, grinning at the queen. “Bothered me?” His face softened and he briefly touched her with the tip of his tail “Oh please, you’re probably the least bothersome cat in the whole clan. Now, if you had asked me to go on a patrol with you, that would be a different story.” He joked, coming to a stop at the riverbank. “Trust me, if I didn’t want to come, I wouldn’t be here,” he purred, his voice gentle and reassuring. He allowed her to slip in first, heat flaring up in his cheeks as their fur touched. “If you think you’ve got it bad in this weather, imagine having this dark, thick pelt,” He teased, giving himself a firm shake to emphasize his point.

He didn’t follow her in right away, he simply stood on the bank and observed. ‘Absolutely stunning,’ He thought to himself, watching as the water rolled down that beautiful pelt, making it glisten in the sunlight. He just couldn’t help but stare. When her gaze turned to him, the look she gave him caused butterflies to suddenly fill his stomach. Then, her tail curled, beckoning him closer. As if he was under a spell, the dark tom slipped into the water, watching her with hooded eyes and a charming smile. He kept a respectful distance, but swam quietly around the beautiful queen, gladly taking the opportunity to show off his swimming prowess and the muscles that were rippling under his wet fur. He wasn’t sure why he was so drawn to Sorrelember, but she was certainly having an effect on him.

Feared
    Participant

She smiled softly as the water rushed over her pelt, painted fur sticking to her like a second skin. But that didn’t bother her, her fur was shiny from the oils it possessed to help with swimming within the water, whether it be the river or the ocean. The cool touch of the liquid caused a soft sigh to slip from her lips, eyes half way closed for a brief moment as she mulled over his words. She wasn’t bothersome. And he was even considering bringing a rock back for her kits. Cherrykit and Duskkit would die of excitement, they were already swooning over the dark furred Tom. “Mmmm, I couldn’t even imagine having darker fur.” She finally responded, turning her chin slightly as she looked over at the large tomcat, the sound of water sloshing around his paws indicated that he was finally joining her in the river. Sorrelember blinked as his thick dark grey fur immediately began to hug his muscular frame, his muscles flexing with each movement he made. Slowly her ran dry as she was reminded just how good looking Darktorrent really way, his movements were slow but deliberate. He appeared to be a strong and capable swimmer.

Blinking out of her pre-heat stare, she noticed that his eyes were hooded and she wanted nothing more than to press her muzzle against his but she refrained from doing so. Instead she found herself smiling softly for a moment. “I think if you brought a stone back for my kits, you would gain two little admirers.” She purred softly, he was keeping his distance and even though that bothered her, she took a chance at being bold as she stalked slowly towards the tomcat. “Well… maybe more than just two.” She said softly as she stood in front of him, even though she was beginning to cool down from the water, her cheeks were burning from a blush as she leaned in and gently scraped her tongue across his cheek fur. “Thank you for joining me today.” Sorrelember said softly, her chin tilted back in order to gaze up at the handsome tomcat, silently admiring his strong features. Her long tail curled over her back for a moment before she took two slow steps back, not wanting to invade his space any longer and risk running him off. Shifting slightly, she lowered her rump to where she was now sitting in the water, water droplets slowly curving their way down her chest and shoulders, expressing her lithe build. “So… tell me a bit about yourself, handsome.” Sorrelember purred, keeping the conversation light as she watched Darktorrent curiously. There was something about him that drove her wild.

SoliloquySilver
    Participant

He cast his gaze back to the riverbank as Sorrelember confirmed that her kits would be overjoyed to receive a gift. “I saw a good one a little bit down that way during my patrol this morning. I’ll go and pick it up before we he-“ The sound of rippling water caught his attention and he turned his head towards the sloshing, blinking in surprise when he saw Sorrelember prowling towards him. She was so bold, so forward… and he liked it. A lot. His breath hitched briefly in his throat as her tongue brushed over his cheek, causing his face to heat up once more.

“Sorrelember…” he breathed softly, doing his best to drink in her intoxicating scent. The water made it faint, but it was there. He nodded slowly as she thanked him for accompanying her, trying to blink away the haze that was threatening to wash over him. “Anytime, I’m at your beck and call,” he murmured, coming back to reality as she stepped back. He didn’t want her to move away from him. He stepped forward, like he was going to close the distance once again, but stopped himself. A she-cat being too forward was one thing, but he knew that a tom being too forward could be frightening for a she-cat.

Instead of closing the distance like he wanted, he sat down as well, blinking slowly at the queen. She wanted to know more about him? Nobody had really ever wanted to know him. Who was he? He thought over his answer for a moment, ears twitching slightly. “Well… My favorite fish is salmon, and my favorite land prey is voles. My favorite season is leaf-fall because it’s not scorching hot but it’s still warm enough to swim comfortably. I was a drypaw until I was like… 10 moons old.” He laughed a bit as he thought of his apprenticehood, and all the days he spent shivering on the riverbank because he had been scared of the water. All that time spent afraid back then, and now here he was, swimming with the most beautiful cat in all the clans.

Feared
    Participant

Just by the mere look he was giving her, it made her body shiver. His eyes were dark, hooded, and his facial expression was incredibly alluring, causing her heart beat to quicken for a moment as he took a hesitant step towards her, his actions expressing that he did not like that she stepped back. However, as he spoke, she cleared her throat in order to clear her mind and thoughts, chin tilting slightly as she looked up at the tall male as he lowered himself into a sitting position as well. Her wee heart was hammering swift long within her chest, her cheeks warm from the deep blush that touched them, while her fiery orange eyes flashed towards the water as she tried to settle her heart and rising temperature. He was at her beck and call? Another shiver rushed down her spine and she had to bite the inside of her cheek, those words were enough to produce a soft purr and a deep blush that reached her flank before she shyly lifted her heated gaze towards Darktorrent. He was so close and yet so far away.

However, as he started to speak about himself, her stomach warmed slightly as she enjoyed hearing the tender secrets that made Darktorrent special. Salmon was good but it wasn’t her favorite fish, but she could agree that vole was amazing. Leaf-fall was also her favorite season, just the mere mention of it had her eyes brightening as she watched him curiously as he pondered. At the sound of his laugh, she found herself smiling, the sound was deep and alluring, making her laugh softly. “I must say, picturing you as an apprentice scared to swim…. is adorable.” She admitted, biting the corner of her lip for a moment as she gazed at the bank, picturing the scene with a soft grin. “Hmmm. My favorite fish is trout, I’m not really big on eating land animals but I have to admit that a vole every now and then is amazing.” She purred, her orange eyes finding Darktorrent’s once more. “Leaf-fall is my favorite season as well, it’s cooler and the leaves change so many colors that it reminds me of a fish scales.” She admitted with a laugh, suddenly finding her words to be a little silly now that she said it out loud. “Actually forget I ever said that.” Sorrelember laughed nervously, shifting slightly to where she scooted just a little closer. “I’ve been a water hog all my life, and although this river is nice. I have to say that my favorite place is the beach and ocean.” She added with a soft wistful sigh.

SoliloquySilver
    Participant

Darktorrent smiled softly as he listened to Sorrelember talk. He could do this all day, just sit and listen to her. The sweetest birdsong could not compare to the sound of the tortoiseshell queen’s voice. He snorted a bit when she called his childhood fear ‘adorable’, “I suppose it’s pretty funny now, but it was super embarrassing at the time,” he said, chuckling softly. He grinned as she compared the color of leaf-fall leaves to fish scales, then promptly told him to forget she’d even said it. “Well, forgive me for being so forward, Sorrelember, but while fish scales are pretty, they’re not as pretty as you,” he purred softly, the water rippling around him as he shifted slightly closer to the she-cat, mirroring the way she had moved closer to him.

When she mentioned the ocean, a thoughtful look crossed the dark tom’s face. “Hm, the beach is nice, but I don’t like to swim in the ocean. The salt burns my eyes.” His whiskers twitched, looking vaguely in the direction of the sea. “Maybe we can head down there tomorrow, if Streampelt is willing to watch the little ones again,” He offered, a warm smile appearing on his muzzle.

Feared
    Participant

She blushed softly as he mentioned that even though fish scales were pretty, they paled in comparison to her beauty. Lips parted as a soft laugh escaped her once more, shifting slightly to where she finally closed the distance that he seemed so hesitant to close on his own. Her side pressed against his own, dark grey fur mingling with her richly colored red, black and white painted pelt. “You are a charmer, has anyone ever told you that?” She smiled softly as she leaned her cheek against his broad shoulders blade, her forepaws shuffling slightly against the pebbles underfoot. He certainly was a handsome tomcat, if no one else could see that then they were surely blind. Sure, perhaps her feelings were developing too fast and she wasn’t exactly sure what she felt, but she knew she needed to get to know this Tom and claim him as her own. Sorrelember blinked at the sudden thought, her tail curling up against her back as she gazed up at him as he seemed rather thoughtful.

She laughed softly, her chin tilting slightly as he mentioned that the beach wasn’t his favorite, the ocean usually wasn’t, even for RiverClanners but there was something about the vastness, the salty taste, and the strange creatures within that drew her to it. She followed his line of sight for a brief moment before his eyes fell on her once more, causing her heart to slip a beat. He was killing her! He was honestly the sweetest and the most thoughtful Tom she had met since… She blinked as she forced her ex mate out of her mind, a dazzling smile finding its way onto her lips at the prospect of visiting the ocean with him. “Really? Well I can certainly ask Streampelt if she wouldn’t mind.” Sorrelember beamed, her ears standing upright in excitement as she smiled brightly up at the tomcat, leaning her smaller frame into his.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums RiverClam RiverClan Camp Something I Need (Dark x Sorrel)