Some Friendly Advice [Hornet + Fire, CLOSED]

Forums ShadowClan ShadowClan Territory Some Friendly Advice [Hornet + Fire, CLOSED]

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Hornetstar
    Participant

HORNETSTAR.

In order to cover up for the times he snuck off to see Wisteriastar, he had taken to more solo patrols in his schedule. Of course he had implemented them gradually, but now they seemed like clockwork, so no one was none the wiser – except for maybe Saplingskies. It still irked him that the medicine cat knew, even if it would be helpful when the time for the kits to be born came. Hornetstar didn’t know much about Rainysky except for what he had seen of the RiverClan medicine cat at the Gathering, and he hadn’t looked very promising. Spineless, inexperienced – not the one he would want delivering his kits, as much as it pained him to admit Saplingskies was better for the job.

This evening he found himself by the SkyClan border, transported back to when he had first been made leader, an orange tabby pelt flashing in his mind before he shoved the thought away. Briefly he wondered if he could cut across Firestar’s domain to RiverClan, with the hopes of seeing his mate, but then realized that would be absolutely foolish. Even if he had their alliance to cite for reason of visitation, it would still look suspicious if he went running to Wisteriastar more than an alliance realistically called for.

With a huff, green eyes flashing with irritation, he kicked at a nearby stick. He was supposed to be hunting, not daydreaming. The golden tom paused, letting the scents in the air wash over him as he tried to pick on nearby prey.

Roach
    Participant

Firestar ~Skyclan Leader 

His ember eyes became transfixed on the softened earth with green leaves decorating the forest floor. After being cooped up within his den for the last three days, he knew that he needed to get out.  As Rookfall was admit about how fresh air would do him some good. Nostrils flaring as he takes deep breaths in and out, his muscles giving a dull ache with every step the leader took. With everything going on as of late; his body was sore from all the fighting and stress in general. Closing his eyes as he takes in the serenity of his surroundings, letting his shoulder slack in a more relaxed position. 

Being away from camp and the ever watchful eyes of his clan was certainly a blessing. Even though Firestar hasn’t been leader long, he was quickly figuring out that he couldn’t let everything get to him. The realization was a hard one for the coon as he is use to controlling every aspect and outcome around him. Slowly opening his eyes, a small frown on his muzzle as he tries to make his mind going blank. As in this moment; he just wanted -no needed to enjoy the peacefulness and silence of the forest. 

A rare light smile appears on his lips as he looks up into the sky. Peering through the woven birch branches to see slithers of sky blue. Melody’s of blue jays could be heard as a calming breeze 
    carries their songs throughout the ashen forest. Firestar has no destination nor goal in mind, as for once he was going to let his paws guide him; instead of his mind. After a few minutes of quietly strolling strolling though the woods, he notices that he was nearing the border that separates Skyclan from Shadowclan. 

The soothing sound of a flowing stream could be heard not far from where he stood. Pursing his lips as he decides to check the border while he was out. After all he might was well contribute while wondering about. Approaching the outskirts of the birch trees, watching in mild fascination as the ashen grey trees slowly thin out as he nears the stream and Shadowclan border. Shifting his way through a few bushes but coming to a stop as a stick hits his forepaw. Jumping slightly at the unexpected touch before following the direction it was thrown. 

Arching a brow as he spots the obvious irritated form of Hornetstar. Surprise flickering over his features as he wasn’t expecting to find anyone near the border. “What did the stick ever do to you?” He couldn’t help but say, a small playful smirk etching onto his lips as he moves closer to the imaginary line that separates the two clans from eachother.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Roach.
    Hornetstar
    Participant

HORNETSTAR.

He scented Firestar almost as soon as the orange tabby spoke up, so he wasn’t too terribly surprised when he finally saw the other leader from the other side of the border. This was not the orange tom from SkyClan that his mind had just been thinking about, but for some reason Hornetstar found the other tom’s presence… Welcomed. Huh, how strange. From wanting to murder each other, to being pleasantly content upon meeting the SkyClan leader at the border? That was it. He had far too many soft spots for other leaders.

“It looked at me wrong,” he replied without hesitation, rolling his eyes as if the answer should have been obvious. “And what are you doing so far away from camp all by yourself, let alone announcing your presence to me? Perhaps I’ll take my revenge now.” A devious smirk was on his own lips, though it was clear from the glint in his eyes, he was all playful talk right now. Clearly he wasn’t worried himself about Firestar wanting to pick a fight at the moment, confidence in the certainty of their alliance. Why start fighting with each other again, when ThunderClan and WindClan were the bigger annoyances right now? A cat could only pick one burr from their pelt at a time, after all.

Roach
    Participant

Firestar ~Skyclan Leader

A soft snort of amusement escapes his black rubbery hued lips at the instant rebuttal between the two. It was hard to imagine that only three days prior had the orange tabby Maine coon killed the golden intricate leader before him. Tilting his large cranium as his molten gold with specks of fire gaze flickers over the slightly smaller tom. “I’m sure everything looks at you wrong” he grins as he moves slightly closer to the border. He wasn’t sure exactly on why Hornetstar was near the border, and quite frankly couldn’t bring himself to care.

What he did on his territory was none of his business. A playful scoff could be heard as he shakes his head in a mocking manner. Oh please if you wanted revenge; you would have done so the moment you realized that I killed you” he easily contradicts with a smirk on his maw. Though he felt a twinge of guilt tugging at his pelt at the thought of what he had done in a moment of true anger and the want to prove not only to himself but his clan that Skyclan were no push overs. Saffrongaze had already given the male an ear full lecture on how he should be more levelheaded.

Suddenly his thoughts turn to the fact that Hornetstar hadn’t fought back or gotten revenge as one would expect. Instead; he had put the feeling aside and forgave him. Though in retrospect it was more than likely only in order to gain Skyclan as an ally.  Shuffling slightly to differentiate his weight as he hesitates in voicing his thoughts. Firestar was not one to bare his thoughts and feelings to just anybody, but he couldn’t help but feeling as though Hornetstar would understand.

Furrowing his brows, nostrils flaring as he sighs through his nose. “Why didn’t you get revenge? You easily could have, I probably wouldn’t have even stopped you” he questions. His smooth tone dripping in curiosity though he tried to hide it with a casual shrug to his broad shoulders.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Roach.
    Hornetstar
    Participant

HORNETSTAR.

“And I’m certain you’re right! Why being looked at wrong is a perfectly acceptable reason to start a fight,” he hummed, moving closer to the border. Confident in the certainty this encounter was purely friendly, he sat down and wrapped his tail about his paws. So far, this was serving to be rather amusing company. Even if he wouldn’t always be on friendly terms with the other leaders, he had to admit it was nice knowing them a bit deeper than just what he saw at Gatherings. They were already connected on a more personal level than that, after all, so who was Hornetstar to stop progress?

The golden tom snorted in amused agreement at that assessment of how his revenge really would have been enacted, shrugging a broad shoulder. “They do say revenge is best served cold, or something like that. But no, I have to say you’re right. Why stop progress now when we’re so close to our goal?” Sensing the orange tabby had something to say, the ShadowClan leader once again fell quiet himself. With how long it was taking Firestar to choke out the words though, he had a feeling he wasn’t going to like the turn this conversation was going to take. And, indeed, he was right.

Feeling the need to make it known he wasn’t going to be comfortable with this loaded direction their conversation had moved in, he shifted where he sat, briefly glancing away. For a moment he thought of denying any explanation, then realized he had no reason to. Firestar was wholly aware he had lost a life, and as a leader, it was something he would be experiencing one day himself. “I’m assuming you haven’t lost a life yet – you don’t need to answer that,” he quickly assured the other. “But you go to StarClan when you do. It isn’t a pleasant trip, and most times you get to run into one of the damn ghosts.” Both times he had lost lives so far, he had been visited by a spirit.

“Anyways, I got visited by one who had given me a life. It had been the life of forgiveness… They weren’t very happy with my actions and berated me. Not a very good reason to stop the fighting, I know. Who really listens to dead cats, after all? I mean, once that happened I did realize I might have been a bit ridiculous in my whole approach to the situation. I also realized I could easily send you running to ally with WindClan and ThunderClan, or that you would simply choose to remain sideless. Either way, it wasn’t the outcome I wanted for my Clan. And as a leader, my Clan always comes first. So I swallowed my pride and admitted my faults. I will do anything for ShadowClan.” At last he looked back at the other leader, green eyes firm with resolution. Though they weren’t very far apart in age, the difference in how long they had been leaders seemed to stretch out before Hornetstar. Somehow he had managed to make it a year as ShadowClan’s leader, and here Firestar was barely even what, three or four moons in as SkyClan’s? Remembering how out of depth he had felt when he became leader, he felt a momentary pang for the other. What a time to become a leader.

Roach
    Participant

Firestar ~Skyclan Leader

Settling down across from the other leader, his posture relaxed as he tried not to show how uncomfortable he truly was. Damn his mouth and curiosity; he should have just kept his thoughts to himself instead of questioning Hornetstar. Cocking his head to the side as the quiet feline decides to answer his question. Blinking in surprise as he mentions going to Starclan and meeting one of the spirits that grants a leader a life. Biting his lower lip at this new information, it really shouldn’t surprise the Skyclan leader. Though he felt that once he truly loses a life that he will be unprepared. As when he had became leader, he never truly got to meet those who gifted him eight extra lives.

All he could remember was the pain of his soul splitting as life after life conjoined with his. There had been faint glimpses of those within Starclan, but Blazestar had transferred her lives to him. So hearing from the other leader before him that each life meant something of virtue to their character was unsettling. Firestar hates the thought of having to live by the expectations of those passing their spiritual lives to. It was definitely an eye opener for the new leader. Firestar has never thought to fully question Blazestar on the way of becoming leader nor about loosing a life. The fiery ginger tom had not thought that he would be leader anytime soon.

Letting his blank gaze take in the tom before him, studying him silently. He wasn’t sure why the other was spilling everything to him, as it was no secret that he did not deserve forgiveness nor any remote of kindness. Pursing his lips as he realized that they were similar in many ways. They both would do anything for the better good for their clans. “Then you can see why I thought at the time it was best to kill you. To give you a warning…I am not Sunnystar nor Blazestar. I know I am—new to being a leader. But I know one thing..” he trails off as he briefly glances downwards at the grass brushing against his paws. “While I am leader; I won’t let others walk over my clan” his voice held firm, but he lets his gaze soften from their usual cold fury.

“Though that does not excuse my actions toward you. If you can forgive me for causing you to lose a life. Then I forgive you for being a pain in the ass” he teases with a grin. Closing his eyes briefly as he enjoys the calming breeze, letting the wind ruffle his already tangled mane. When he opens his eyes once more he could see the sky darkening in pink and purple hues, but he made no move to leave. “Obviously a war will happen, but do you ever wonder if it will be worth it?” He hums out; generally curious on his opinion. Firestar felt that he needed to hear Hornetstar’s thoughts on the matter, as they all knew a war was upon them. “I suppose everything would have happened eventually. Just wished I had a moment to think..to process everything” he muses with a sigh.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Roach.
    Hornetstar
    Participant

HORNETSTAR.

No, he was certainly not either of his predecessors. He wasn’t Sunnystar; he wasn’t kind or accepting. He wasn’t Blazestar; he wasn’t a pushover or softie. He was Firestar; he was full of passion and aggression, like the element of his namesake. Ugh, that irked Hornetstar to even be thinking, reminding him of all the horrible fire puns the SkyClan leader had made during their fight. But it was true, even if this conclusion was spectacularly late for the ShadowClan leader to be making. It would have saved them quite a bit of bloodshed if he had remember every leader was different before his peacock display, but the past couldn’t be changed. At least they had both learned from the incident. They were both proud individuals, and their pride could easily end up being their downfalls someday. He didn’t know about Firestar, but at least the whole situation had taught Hornetstar that lesson.

“I’m certain StarClan doesn’t give us all those lives expecting us to not lose them,” he stated with a shrug, flashing the other leader his own sardonic half-grin. Of course losing that life over a situation that could have easily been avoided might eventually come back to bite him in the butt. That was just a problem for the future, however. The life had been lost, and certainly couldn’t be reclaimed. “Well, we both apologized and learned our lessons. I’d call that mishap water under the bridge now.” He was trying to make the situation light once again, using humor to avoid the nitty gritty talk Firestar had steered them towards.

But then, once again, another uncomfortable topic was brought up. A topic he couldn’t spill his guts out over. So many circumstances had forced him into making the choice he made. Certainly it might be viewed as an out of character choice for those who knew him, but, well, luckily no one truly knew him. Only one cat seemed to, and she had been a huge factor in pushing him towards tossing ShadowClan’s lot into the situation. The old him would have preferred to stay neutral, to sit back and watch as the other Clans tore each other apart, but that was the old him. A lot had changed since then.

He had a mate and kits on the way. He had successfully established this uneasy alliance, that was admittedly starting to feel more stable by the day. Part of him felt a bit remorseful for dragging Firestar and SkyClan into this mess, especially since his own reason for dragging ShadowClan into the mess was mostly selfish, but he didn’t regret it. Over the course of this past few moons, he had learned quite a few things about himself. “No, I don’t. I – no, leaders, can’t afford to wonder and regret. You need to be certain of the choices you make and see them through until the end. That’s the only way you’ll be able to get through things,” and sleep at night, he mentally tacked on. “I don’t believe things happen for a reason. Things happen because of your choices, and as a leader, you’re the one making the big choices. You have to be strong and unwavering, so your Clan is strong and unwavering.”

Part of him regretted the choice he had to make regarding the battle, but a larger part of him had known it was the only true option he had. Throwing ShadowClan into the fray had been unavoidable. He had never known how much he needed someone like Wisteriastar before, and now that he had her… Well, he couldn’t afford losing her. And their relationship was so knew that he truly didn’t know how she would have responded if he refused to offer his Clan’s support. And if he hadn’t offered that support, and she got hurt, or worse, when all was said and done… Well, he took the obvious option. A small regret, over a possibly huge regret, made the decision very easy.

Roach
    Participant

Firestar

Humming softly in thought as he takes in Hornetstar’s ‘words of wisdom’, it was oddly refreshing for the Maine Coon to be able to communicate with someone who could remotely understand his bearings with being a leader. It was nice to have a decent conversation without always having to rebut with his usual sarcasm. Licking his dry and chapped lips as he nods his large cranium in understanding that indeed maybe everything does not happen for a reason, but due to the choices they make. Brows furrowing at the thought as he tears his ember gaze away from the golden tom before him, letting his eyes flicker around in taking the scenery around him.

It has been a while since he felt relaxed, not having to put up a front of authority for his clan and those trying to oppose them. Right now he could just be himself and enjoy the silence. Though his thoughts seemed to echo within him, yes he had his doubts about this war that would be coming whether he wanted it or not. Never had he thought that he would be one to lead his clan to such dark times, sure he expected to be one of the followers, but not the leader. Firestar purses his lips before steeling his resolve, as Hornetstar had a point. He was leader now whether he wanted it or not, his duty was not to himself but to his clan.

With that thought in mind, he couldn’t help but throw a teasing grin over in the other tom’s direction. “Huh..never thought I would be taking advice from you. Good advice anyway” he laughed lightly with a shake of his head. There seemed to be an odd friendship of understanding between the two leaders brewing, and Firestar couldn’t help but hope that he somehow wouldn’t mess it up. War was coming and he could be strong in his resolve to help his clan get through it with the least amount of casualties as possible. “Ah I didn’t want to say this earlier…” he trails off, a shit-eating grin appearing on his maw as he looks the other feline over.

“But–you look like crap” Firestar finishes with a snort as he takes in just how exhausted and fed up Hornetstar looked, though he only believed it to be about the up coming war, not truly knowing the full extent of the baggage he was carrying.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums ShadowClan ShadowClan Territory Some Friendly Advice [Hornet + Fire, CLOSED]