Slow Your Roll [Nettle/Startled]

Forums WindClan WindClan Camp WindClan Medicine Den Slow Your Roll [Nettle/Startled]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Nettlenose
    Participant

Comfrey…Mint….Horsetail…Yarrow…” Nettlenose’s voice drifted softly throughout the medicine den, its warm vibrations resonating a calmness that seemed to envelope the she-cats very being. She sat, shoulders slightly hunched as she craned her neck downwards and busily ran through the stores of herbs that were securely placed within the den, her fluffy tail wrapped neatly around her paws. She had been sitting here for awhile already, double checking things, looking for any rot or wear on the healing plants.

Often she could be found like this, speaking to herself in a low tone as she saw to her duties, for underneath her calm outwards aura was a very nervous and worrisome feline. The medicine cat was constantly finding herself thinking about the condition of the herbs, worst-case scenarios such as not having the one thing that could heal a cat with a particular affliction, or that certain herb being tarnished and unusable without her having known. And so, here she was, doing her daily check over the herbal stores and not only assuring the clan would be alright another day, but soothing her own nerves as well.

It was a side she tried to hide from her clanmates, the worry-wart that radiated anxiety within her. It made her perform well under pressure, and she was most always prepared, but it did little to calm her mind and made her daily experience a bit overwhelming. This had died down a bit though now that she shared a den with Startledpaw. Her chest heaved deeply as she thought of her dark-coated apprentice, a momentary smile curling at her maw. He was getting so big, so quickly, and she was so very proud of him. Having someone to share half the burden was helping her, though then again she was often worrying about the tom too. 

Let’s see now…plenty of cobwebs…large leaves for water collecting, yes…

Feared
    Participant

Startledpaw ~ WindClan Medicine Cat Apprentice 

The young tomcat had been out and about with orders from his mentor, needing to search for plants that she was worrying about wouldn’t be around during Leaf-Fall and Leaf-Bare. Teeth biting down into the soft flesh of the stick that was covered in wards of cobwebs, small black seeds were stuck within the cobwebs, seemed the best way for him to carry both the cobwebs and the seeds was to put the cobwebs into good use. Broad paws were sinking slightly into the moist dirt, it wasn’t exactly mud but it wasn’t as dry as he would certainly like it. The dark grey striped tomcat had been growing, hitting a growth spurt as he was no longer the small apprentice that Nettlenose had taken in almost a year ago. His paws were large, which made sense as Startledpaw was tall and only growing taller, his figure was also filling out. He wasn’t exactly heavy with muscle but his scrawny build was slowly becoming no more, the secret battle training he had been partaking in was beginning to help toughen and build his muscle. 

Bright aqua blue colored eyes flashed slightly as he poked his head into the medicine cat den, his ear twitching slightly from the soft voice of Nettlenose as she continued to go through her stock. Over.. and over. A soft sigh slipped from his black nostrils, she seemed to be more on edge these past few weeks. Trying to be quiet so he wouldn’t scare his mentor, he smiled around the stick in his mouth, he had eventually grown close to his mentor, she was more like his big sister than a motherly figure. Coming to stand beside of Nettlenose, he gently rubbed his dark striped side against her honey colored fur, a deep and raspy purr tickled the back of throat. “Ebening Nebblebose.” He grumbled around the stick, moving towards a flat stone as he carefully placed the cobweb covered end of the stick on the stone so it wouldn’t get dirty from the ground. “No matter how many times you go through the stock, the numbers won’t change from yesterday.” He meowed with a hint of amusement in his tone, with his aging his voice was beginning to change, to deep but would crack here and there. 

Shifting slightly he moved back towards Nettlenose, standing a few inches taller than her as he lowered his head and picked up a large empty broad leaf so he could knock the black seeds into leaf. His father was tall but his mother had been short and slim, it was thought he would take more so after his mother from his small he had been, but he defied the odds with growing tall and beginning to fill out his figure. He would never be as heavy with muscle as Wolfstar or some of the other males, but he would eventually be well built. Lowering the leaf under the cobwebs he used a sheathed paw to gently knock the seeds into the leaf. “Maybe you should go for a walk to clear your head.” He spoke, although his eyes were focused on the seeds. 

Nettlenose
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: center;”><span style=”font-size: 10pt;”>Some things were simply fact, and one of these facts was that Nettlenose would have been quite horrible as anything other than a medicine cat. Her senses were not attuned to the world of a warrior, her mind too distracted, and aside from her general lack of battle training she wasn’t very coordinated to begin with, unless buckled down on healing someone. And so, when Startledpaw trotted in behind her his presence was undetected to the busy medicine cat, which took her much by surprise. The cream colored she-cat let out a sharp gasp as she felt fur brush against her, head shooting up from its ducked position and her ears perking alertly as she swiveled her cranium to see who had come in behind her. At the familiar sight of Startledpaw, she let out a very heavy sigh, his scent further reassuring her she wasn’t being ambushed at the moment.</span></p>
    <p style=”text-align: center;”>”<span style=”font-size: 10pt; color: #808000;”>My goodness Startledpaw…can’t you announce yourself when you enter?</span><span style=”font-size: 10pt; color: #808000;”><span style=”color: #000000;”>” The she-cat asked with a soft huff, looking over him with momentarily stern emerald eyes before they began to soften. Nettlenose could hardly believe what she was looking at. Her apprentice was growing up right before her eyes, his body losing its lanky kit build, his fur taking on a shine, and somehow growing even taller every moon. The medicine cat herself was very short-legged and stocky, as was her father, and her mother hadn’t been the most lithe cat either. </span></span></p>
    <p style=”text-align: center;”><span style=”font-size: 10pt;”>Smiling now, she leaned forward and gave the tom’s shoulder a look, deciding to ignore the fact for now that he was maturing, as for some reason it gave her a pang of sadness within her chest. “<span style=”color: #808000;”>It looks like you hadn’t any trouble collecting what I asked for, and…</span><span style=”color: #000000;”>” Her eyes briefly browsed the curious way he had collected the black seeds using the webs, for easier carry. “<span style=”color: #808000;”>Creative as always.</span><span style=”color: #000000;”>” The she-cat mused, a soft chuckle escaping her lips. She studied him as he went about putting away the webs and seeds, feeling a pride warm her paws. He had fallen into his role so well this past year, which she found almost amusing to reflect back on his absolute former disdain of being the clan’s next medicine cat. </span></span></span></p>
    <p style=”text-align: center;”><span style=”font-size: 10pt;”>”<span style=”color: #808000;”>Don’t you worry, I don’t need a walk. I just wanted to make sure there wasn’t anything else to collect for the day, but everything looks alright for today. Why don’t we grab a bite together though? I’d like the chance to simply sit and talk with my apprentice now and then.<span style=”color: #000000;”>” The molly purred, rising to her paws and approaching the tom. She brushed shoulders with him, feeling the warmth from his pelt and again grateful to share her den with him. Already, she felt less worried and anxious, focusing on Startledpaw rather than the herb supply.</span></span></span></p>

• This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by Nettlenose.
    Feared
    Participant

He couldn’t help but laugh at the fact that he had scared Nettlenose, it honestly wasn’t very hard to do. She usually was so focused in on her herbs and what was going on in her mind that a floating leaf brushing her paw would have spooked her. “I just did… now I’m announced.” He grinned in a cheeky manner, his head tilting this way and that so he could look over the cobwebs, looking for any poppy seeds that he could have possibly left on the sticky substance. Startledpaw could feel that Nettlenose had gotten closer to him as she looked over his shoulder to make sure he had gotten exactly what she wanted, smiling to himself when she praised him on how he carried the load. “None of the warriors could spare themselves to help me collect supplies so I improvised.” He simply shrugged, the muscles under his shoulder blades rippling for a moment, although his mind flickered to Wolfstar and the conversation they had held the day before. The young Tom had been trying to keep the words out of his mind but they were slowly getting to him. He was untrustworthy and the leader didn’t trust him with a life.. but Wolfstar didn’t know him. Not like Nettlenose and Owlbelly knew him. 

Clearing his throat, he gently pushed the broad leaf filled with black seeds carefully to the side, not wanting to knock them over as he began to gently unravel the wad of cobwebs. During the past year, he had grown to realize just how important poppy seeds and cobwebs really were. Placing them where Nettlenose likes them to be within their stores, soon placing the stick he found towards the back of the den, he figured it was a nice stick, maybe good enough for a splint if need be. Ear twitching as he listened to his mentor, placing the broad leaf of Poppy seeds next to the others, head tilting when he felt his mentor rub against his shoulder blade in a sign of affection and trust. Her brightening at his presence meant she didn’t know that he had cleared Wolfstar to resume his duties. Nodding slowly he watched Nettlenose curiously before he meowed. “Food does sound tempting.” He agreed, straightening out his posture as he walked with his mentor outside of the den, his pelt taking on a slight shine from the rays of the bright sun. “I think a nice big rabbit would be good to share.” He nodded to himself, picking up the pace as he walked a bit ahead of Nettlenose. 

Over the past year Startledpaw had grown to figure out ways where he wasn’t nearly as clumsy because of his blind eye, falling into the river had certainly made him much more cautious. Weaving his way through cats, he nosed through the fresh-kill pile, choosing a good sized hare for the meal. Bright aqua blue eyes caught sight of the large white and grey male that was their leader, his pupil narrowing faintly for a moment before he turned on his paws and started to head back towards Nettlenose, his one good eyesight trained on her creamy colored fur. Grunting he swayed the hare in the air, before placing the prey on the ground before Nettlenose’s paws. “Age before beauty.” He grinned, choosing to flop down in a rather ungraceful manner in front of Nettlenose and on the other side of the hare. He studied Nettlenose for a moment, she seemed edgier the past couple of moons, but he had asked her repeatedly if StarClan had spoken to her.. hell he had even asked the spirits of those who roamed outside of StarClan from time to time of why Nettlenose seemed.. disturbed. Waiting his turn patiently, Startledpaw finally took a bite out of the rabbit, savoring the flavor of the young rabbit, his eyes glazed and thoughtful. Swallowing his mouthful, he slowly looked towards Nettlenose. “I know.. I shouldn’t be thinking about it or letting it get to me but… do you think I’m trustworthy with a life?” He asked his mentor, his eyebrows furrowing. He had been training to save lives, and if anyone would tell him the truth.. it would be his mentor. 

Nettlenose
    Participant

Nettlenose rolled her green eyes as her apprentice fired off some witty comment in regards to her asking him to announce himself upon entry, an ear flicking in amusement. He always had been a smart mouth, but as long as he kept it in good fun and watched who he spoke to in such a manner, she didn’t really mind. Playful banter was nothing she was unfamiliar with. As Startledpaw agreed to lunch, she contently padded after him, the warm rays that hit her fur as she stepped outside the den feeling rather good and inclining her to bend her front legs down in a long stretch.

Comfortable, she straightened back out and shook her pelt out, selecting a spot near the den for them to eat at. The medicine cat sat, her tail curling itself around her lighter colored paws as she set her gaze on Startledpaw,who had gone to fetch them a meal. Of course, he had to select a rather fat rabbit from the pile. Nettlenose let out a musical little laugh at the almost comical sight of the darkly colored tom dragging the prey over to her, her head tilting to the side as she looked the hare over. “Greedy, are we? Well, I suppose you are still growing, so you’re inclined to eat more. I hope you’re prepared to eat most of that anyways. She mused, a rather light eater herself.

The she-cat wasn’t opposed, however, to taking the first bite. She dropped her head and sank her teeth into the flesh, still somewhat warm from the patrol it had been caught on, and pulled off a piece, the flavors completing her tranquility of the afternoon. As she chewed, she flicked her eyes to Startledpaw as he began to speak, and was a bit thrown off by his question. What an odd thing to ask…

…You are only as good a healer as you allow yourself to be.” Nettlenose began, often one for confusing statements left open for interpretation. She wondered why he was asking her such a thing, but found it best to wait before she began questioning him. “The ability to save a life, or be trusted with it, is largely derived from passion I believe, the strong will to want to do so. I think you have that, Startledpaw, but its up to you to truly decide that. Its one of those things that you’ll know for certain when the time comes to test it. The cream colored feline said carefully, looking him over.

Is there a reason you’re asking…?

Feared
    Participant

He leaned in as Nettlenose looked at him thoughtfully, the wheels were clearly turning within her mind as she sought for a way to answer his question without making him feel crestfallen, as usual. Her hesitation caused his ears to droop slightly, his expression falling for a moment as he felt slightly disappointed that she wasn’t sure how to answer him. Only as good a healer as you allow yourself to be.. He repeated in his mind, not exactly sure what it was that she was getting at, but he shrugged slightly. “I guess I’m an alright healer.” Startledpaw muttered, looking down at the hare as it was his turn to take a bite, but he found the wheels were turning too quickly within his own mind. Eyes lifting from the hare as he refocused on Nettlenose, listening to her speak before he gave a slow nod. This wasn’t exactly what he wanted to hear but he supposed that he still needed to prove himself worthy. 

Leaning forwards he took a smaller of the hare, chewing thoughtfully before his bright aqua blue eyes flickering towards Nettlenose when she questioned him, his body going rigid as he stared at her for a few moments. He couldn’t really tell her that her own father had been the one that had told him he wasn’t to be trusted with the life’s of those in the clan.. she may believe Wolfstar was right. Swallowing the mouthful he had, his lips cracked in a hesitant smile and he gave a shrug. “Just some cat yesterday.. said I couldn’t be trusted with the life’s of others and I guess I just wanted a different.. perspective.” He muttered, looking away from his mentor as his gaze lingered upon the other cats within the clearing, perhaps if she couldn’t see his expression then she wouldn’t know he was lying. Gazing at the cats within the Clan, he found that it bothered him that he couldn’t be trusted with the life’s of others.. wasn’t that the point of being a medicine cat? 

Nettlenose
    Participant

Nettlenose was very intuitive, both naturally and with learning from her role as medicine cat. She noticed that Startledpaw wasnt exactly pleased by her answer, or at least comforted by it, and guild tickled her chest. She hadn’t meant to upset him with her words, more to approach him as a teacher. 

With a sigh, the she-cat gently flicked the younger tom with her tail. “I say that to you as your mentor. Personally, I believe you’re a very capable healer, Startledpaw. You’ve really shown a natural incline for your training over the past moons, I’m very proud of you.” The she-cat purred. All I’m trying to tell you is that time will give you more assurance in yourself as you grow, understand…? You just have to recognize for yourself what I can already see.

She waited patiently for him to answer her prior question, sensing he had some sort of discomfort in connection with it. When the tom revealed what had happened, her eyes widened with surprise.  The molly hesitated and then shook her head before shifting her weight a bit so she settled against him.

The role of a medicine cat is one that comes with great trust. Your clanmates have for the majority accepted you as someone they can place their lives with, but it takes time to win them all. I too suffered judgement from Windclan, its true. Hawkflight died suddenly, leaving me as the medicine cat at a rather young age. Some of the things said to me…well, it doesnt matter now.” Nettlenose smiled to her apprentice, soft and encouraging. You will always have those who doubt you. Even now I am regaining the trust of some after the…incident with Wolfstar. Prove to them you’re worth your position as Starclan knows.”

Feared
    Participant

He blinked when he felt the gentle flick of a tail against his side, lifting his chin and turning his head to look towards Nettlenose, her eyes studying him before she reassured him. This caused him to smile and tilt his head for a moment, she was such a big sister/mother figure as of late. “Yeah I understand.” He sighed, the sound judged but long as he looked towards the hare, before he smirked slightly to himself. Startledpaw believed in his abilities, he was so much better in the art of healing from when he first started the practice under Nettlenose. “I guess time will tell.” He agreed with her, before he gave her a slight smile, watching as her eyes widened with surprise, although he was surprised when she shifted in order to where she was now laying down beside of him, the warmth of her presence was silently comforting. 

Listening to her silently he couldn’t help but smile as she tried to lift his spirits, “I don’t need everyone to trust me.. just trust in myself.” He nodded slightly, although his ears did twitch when she mentioned that right now she was fighting the trust of a few within the Clan because of Wolfstar loosing two of his life’s. Truthfully, Startledpaw didn’t really know the full details of how Wolfstar lost two of his life’s. “That doesn’t matter.. I trust you with my life.” The dark grey striped tomcat shrugged slightly and gave his mentor a gentle lick on the shoulder. “But.. speaking of Wolfstar.” He grumbled, not bothering to hide the distaste he held for the tomcat upon his facial expression, his eyes examining her facial feature.. this was probably going to upset her. “He came by the den yesterday while you were out and about… I cleared him to go back to his normal leader duties.” He mumbled, keeping eye contact before he lowered his head and took another bite of the hare. 

Nettlenose
    Participant

As Startledpaw responded to her, the she-cat dipped her head down for another bite of the hare, pleased to hear that Startledpaw seemed to be making some sense of what she was telling him. She hoped that at the least she could lessen a bit of his doubt, for it was nothing but an obstacle in the way of his growth as a healer. The medicine cat looked to him as her apprentice threw out that he trusted her with his life, and while this wasn’t uncommon for Nettlenose to hear, it touched her now more so than ever after her mistake that had cost her own father two of his lives. Her emerald eyes, already big and round, seemed to widen further before she nuzzled her nose against the tom’s cheek in a way that would embarrass any cat, so sappy and sweet as the she-cat could tend to be. “What a sweet thing to say!” The molly purred, somewhat amused. The roughly edged tom really could be warm underneath his bristles.

As the tom’s tone switched at the mention of their leader, she leaned away so she could better listen to him, a bit concerned for whatever Startledpaw had to say about Wolfstar with such a look in his eyes. What was with that expression he had anyways? It was almost one of disliking as he spoke about the grey and white tom. When Startledpaw confessed to his clearance, the she-cat shifted a little before releasing a soft sigh, her gaze moving back to the hare.

I know you cleared him, Startledpaw. I talked to Wolfstar earlier today.” She revealed, shifting her emerald eyes back to her apprentice. “But…I’m glad that you did. I didn’t have the strength to see past my own fault, it was time to release him and I simply couldn’t make the call. I’m proud that you took that initiative. Though I’m not entirely happy you didn’t ask me first, its important for me to be able to see that you can make the appropriate calls as a medicine cat.” Nettlenose said, offering him a small smile.

Though…while we’re on the subject, perhaps we should talk about the thorn in yours and Wolfstar’s relationship…”

Feared
    Participant

He blinked as he watched his mentors green eyes suddenly widen at the mention that he trusted her with his life, to be honest he didn’t think she would be too surprise by this. However, his own eyes widen when she suddenly leaned in and nuzzled her nose against his cheek, heat beginning to take over his ears and cheeks. “Nettlenose..” Startledpaw whined in embarrassment, what was with this she-cat and showing so much affection? Although, he refrained from pushing her away as she soon moved back, her eyes glimmering with her amusement while he shot her a soft glare. It’s not funny. He thought silently, although his expression cleared when she leaned back and looked towards the hare, a sigh being released while he waited in suspense of what his mentor would have thought. 

Startledpaw blinked in surprise, so Wolfstar had kept to his word, he wasn’t sure if the older tomcat had it in him. Slowly he nodded for a moment his bright blue eyes watching her for a moment before he tilted his head. “Believe me I didn’t like clearing him without your consent..” He sighed, before speaking once more. “But I guess I knew if I asked you.. you wouldn’t have wanted him to be cleared.” He admitted with a bit of reluctance, giving a slight shrug before he lowered his head and took a bite of the hare, chewing on the meat while relaxing with his mentor. However, when she started to pry at his and Wolfstars complicated relationship, he scoffed and swallowed his mouthful. “I’m in a good mood, Nettlenose.. don’t spoil it.” He grumbled, although his voice was soft his expression was anything but. For whatever reason, Startledpaw was not a fan of Wolfstar, but he did make a slight effort for Nettlenose.. even though he knew silently it wasn’t much of an effort. 

Nettlenose
    Participant

Nettlenose was amused by Startledpaw’s embarrassed reaction to her displays of affection, always finding it amusing how felines of his age group still found it awkward to be shown some love. However, as the tom disregarded her push to discuss how things had been between him and Wolfstar, she huffed a little. “Startledpaw…” The she-cat egged on, giving him an expectant look as she leaned her head in a bit. 

A poor relationship between the clan’s leader and medicine cat is a serious issue. As I’m sure you’re aware, they need to be able to work as a team. It would be best if the two of you could set these differences aside…” The medicine cat murmured, her gaze drifting off again as she leaned in for another small bite of hare. And then, it happened. The cream colored she-cat got that look she often had when deep in thought, her fluffy pelt raising a bit as she seemed to have an epiphany after a moment of occupied chewing, her emerald eyes lighting up as she raised her head again.

Aha, that’s it!” Nettlenose exclaimed with delight. “The two of you just need a bit of time together, alone, so you can talk things out! I think I’ll ask Wolfstar to accompany you on a patrol tomorrow, for herb gathering purposes…it would be the perfect way to reintroduce him to warrior duties anyways. Yes, that’s such a grand idea!” The molly hummed, clearly satisfied with herself and not looking as if she cared much as far as Startledpaw’s reaction went. 

Feared
    Participant

Paper-thin ears twitched slightly when his mentor huffed, a small smile coming to his face as Nettlenose acted like a younger feline. “No, Nettlenose. I am enjoying my meal.” He meowed, waiting his turn to take a bite out of hare that was before them, although his pupil narrowed when Nettlenose leaned back in, trying to give him words of wisdom. “I have no desire to be close to that Tom. Leader or not.” He muttered crossly, looking towards the hare before he looked back towards Nettlenose and gave her an exhausted expression. “Besides who cares… I’m not even the medicine cat! I’m the apprentice and no one cares for the apprentice as long as the medicine cat is alive. So just outlive Wolfstar for me.” He grumbled, but he looked back towards the meal with a rather annoyed expression, more and more cats just seemed to be getting involved with his business. 

Pupils narrowed when Nettlenose leaned in to take a bite of the hare, but it wasn’t because she was eating it was because of the expression she held on her facial features. “I know that look.. whatever it is. NO.” He said in a stern voice, eyebrows rising as he tried to make it look convincing. Ears laid back when she spoke her plan, bright aqua blue eyes staring at her face with a shocked and troubled expression. “Nettlenose.. I love you.. you are my mentor and you are like a big sister to me.” He leaned in, his expression annoyed. “But I would rather choke on a bone than go on a patrol mission with Wolfstar.” Startledpaw stated, lowering his head to take a rough bite out of the hare. 

Nettlenose
    Participant

A scoff rose from Nettlenose’s chest, escaping her lips as her ears pinned back a little. Why was Startledpaw being so stubborn right now? Saying such things as if his position didn’t matter, and proclaiming choking was more ideal than a walk out with their leader. She turned her chin away from him in a moment of stern thought, frowning softly. “Oh honestly, Startledpaw…” The she-cat grumbled, his negative reaction weighing down on her former excitement.

There’s that same unconfidence in your role…” She sighed, shaking her fluffy head as she turned her emerald gaze back towards him. “Being the medicine cat apprentice is extremely important, to me and to the rest of the clan. You’re all they have when I’m gone or no longer able to serve, you know. Your success and relations are the best interest of all the members in Windclan.” She insisted, her tail giving a soft swish as her tone sharpened to a persistant tone. 

“I’m afraid I’m not giving you much of a choice in spending some time with Wolfstar. Consider it an apprentice duty that you mentor is giving you.” The medicine cat hummed. “Of course, I’ll have to discuss it with Wolfstar as well…” And ah, how would he react? She knew her father wasn’t exactly fond of her apprentice. All the more reason they needed time together.

Feared
    Participant

He grumbled softly under his breath when he noticed how annoyed Nettlenose looked, of course he knew he wasn’t making it easy but he also didn’t want to make it easy. Clearing his throat, he swallowed the mouthful of the hare, eyes watching Nettlenose for a moment before she brought up that fact that he was important and would be need when she was no longer around. That stung. Startledpaw knew everyone had an expiration date, but he didn’t like to think about Nettlenose’s. “Be that as it may… I don’t want to be around Wolfstar right now, Nettlenose. Can’t we leave it at that?” He sighed in a softer voice, but by the tone of his mentors clipped voice he could tell she was not happy with either him or Wolfstar. 

Blue eyes hardened when she decided she wasn’t going to give him any choice in the matter, ears lowering against his head as he gave her an unfriendly look. “Well that’s hardly fair.” He growled, although his voice sounded more like a very annoyed hiss. Looking away from Nettlenose, he looked down at the ground, his temper beginning to rise. Although, smartly for now he kept his mouth shut, but he decided he didn’t want to look at his mentor, afraid that he was chew her ears off for meddling in his business. His only hope was that Wolfstar told his daughter off and the patrol would be canceled. 

Nettlenose
    Participant

Nettlenose found herself conflicted as Startledpaw’s mood only soured further, and she felt almost guilty for pushing him so hard towards something he didn’t want to do. The she-cat had never had kits of her own, so enforcing things like this was new to her, and she was worried she was going too far. However, she bit down softly on her tongue and told herself to stick by what she said, as it wouldn’t be a good example to her apprentice otherwise. She was soft, but couldn’t always appear too soft.

…Try to understand, Startledpaw. You know I wouldn’t do anything to make your life worse on purpose. I truly think this is something that would be beneficial to you.” The medicine cat said honestly, glancing over at him. She sighed softly at his expression, the way he held himself. She hadn’t meant to go and ruin their nice meal, but her appetite faded as well at the sight of his bitterness.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums WindClan WindClan Camp WindClan Medicine Den Slow Your Roll [Nettle/Startled]