Sleepless With the Stars [Closed]

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Camp SkyClan Warrior’s Den Sleepless With the Stars [Closed]

• This topic has 8 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 months ago by Lux.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Lux
    Participant

The winds whistled softly through the treetops, stirring the leaves above and dappling the warrior’s den with moonlight. Honeysplash let out a soft groan, unable to sleep. ‘Not like I wanted to sleep anyway…’  he thought wryly as he arose from his nest. The golden tom stepped softly past his clanmates, trying not to wake them. However, it seemed he wasn’t the only restless cat in the den. The cool nighttime breeze greeted his ears as he left. He climbed the nearest trunk, digging his claws deep into the wood until he reached the upper branches. “At least it’s  good view tonight,” he whispered, peering into the ocean of stars that greeted him. He loved stargazing, yet it incurred a certain sorrow within him. Perhaps it was the vastness of silverpelt above his head, how it stretched over and encompassed the territories below. Or, perhaps it reminded him of Mosspaw, who he desperately hoped looked down upon him from Starclan. The wind precariously dipped the branch below him, startling the tom back to reality.

Feared
    Participant

SnowyOwl ~ SkyClan Warrior 

A soft breeze was filtering throughout the many branches of the large tree that the she-cat was perched within, the branch that she was currently perched upon was swaying slightly. However, this did not bother her, having been raised among the trees, this did not bother her. Long and thin white claws dug a little further into the bark and meat of the tree, although her eyes were closed, simply showing how comfortable she was within the tree. Paper-thin ear twitching slightly for a moment as she could hear the sound of claws digging into the bark of the tree, it wasn’t uncommon for other cats to also perch within the same tree. The branch in which she was sitting upon vibrates as a large cat brushed against her branch, canary yellow colored orbs coming to life as her chin lightly tilted in order to catch sight of Honeysplash’s pelt as he climbed further up on the tree. She didn’t know much about her fellow warrior, although she did know that most she-cats fanned over him and his brother, FireBird. 

Soft pink nostrils flared slightly as a small puff of air escaped her lungs, head tilted back as the large Tom sat three branches above her, pupils narrowing slightly as he spoke. Was he speaking to her or… was he simply speaking to himself. Deciding to entertain him, her face was angled to where she was gazing up towards the sky, gazing at the silvery stars that glistened within the dark sky. “I suppose it is.. if you’re looking for the stars.” She meowed, voice soft and gentle as it flowed from her pale lips. Shifting slightly, the slender feline stood from her sitting position, upper body stretching forwards onto the branch as she stretched out her slim figure. Straightening out her position, she glanced back up to the tomcat sitting above her, white pelt almost seeming to glow in the darkened surroundings. 

Lux
    Participant

“Oh, h-hello there,” Honeysplash stuttered, his fur puffing with embarrassment. He hadn’t noticed the yellow-eyed molly during his ascent, and hadn’t expected to be caught talking to himself. He clambered down and perched on a branch beside the she-cat. ‘Come on, what’s her name,‘ he searched his mind desperately. He’d seen her on patrols many times across the moons, but they usually kept their distance. “You’re Snowyowl… right?” His tail twitched nervously, hoping to Starclan he was right. ‘Get it together, she just spooked you. What are you, a gawky apprentice?’ he scorned himself internally. “I tend to climb up here whenever I need to clear my mind. But, I don’t think I’ve seen you here before? Guess you’re a bit of a night owl, hm?” He gave her a cheeky wink, hoping he successfully broke the ice.

Feared
    Participant

SnowyOwl had to stifle a laugh that wanted to slip past her lips at the sight of the tomcat appearing ruffled from the fact she had startled him with just her voice. Jumpy thing ain’t he? She thought silently to herself, a small amused smile playing on her pale lips for only a moment. Ear twitching slightly as she noticed that he was actually going to climb down and hold a conversation with her, nose giving a small wiggle as she took in his noticeable scent and gave a hesitant smile for brief moment. Upon hearing her name, she was pleasantly surprised that he had even known it at all, a dazzling smile soon brightened her facial features as she gave him a small nod. “Oh! Yes, I am. I presume you are Honeysplash.” She meowed, although it was more so of a statement than it had been a question like his had been. Canary yellow eyes flickered up towards the sky for a brief moment as he mentioned that he liked to climb the trees in order to find some peace of mind. Blinking slowly as she looked back at Honeysplash, his corny little joke was amusing to say the least. 

Lips breaking out into a smile, a gentle laugh surpassing her. “Oh… well I guess that could be indicated.” She laughed.. it was actually kind of funny with the play on words he had used with her name. The wink was even cute, but she forced herself not to be drawn into the cuteness regardless. “I don’t normally lay in this tree, that’s true.” She shrugged softly, glancing towards a large pine tree that sat twenty feet to the left of them. “I usually sit in that tree, but a rather rowdy pair of birds have nested near my branch and well… let’s just say they didn’t exactly appreciate my presence.” She added with a bashful smile, feeling the skin along her cheeks heat up at the memory of the birds pecking and grabbing at her Snow White pelt. “Anywayssss. I hope I didn’t disturb you.” SnowyOwl added, giving a small and apologetic nod of her chin. 

Lux
    Participant

“Oh, well that won’t do,” Honeysplash meowed with concern. “I could take care of your problem and grab a late-night snack! Two birds with one stone, if you catch my drift.” He gave SnowyOwl another wink, unable to restrain his usage of puns. The golden tom wiggled his haunches before launching himself away, jumping from tree to tree towards his target. He climbed the thickly needled pine quickly, and the sound of disgruntled sleepy chirps met his ears. ‘Bet she’ll like this,‘ he thought smugly. His ascent slowed as he neared the nest, moving quietly across the branch to avoid startling his sleeping prey. He could see them dimly beneath the moonlight, a pair of jays tucked away in a nest. However, as he prepared to pounce one saw him and screeched an alarm. One fled while the other dove at Honeysplash, their needle-like claws flashing in the moonlight. The tom reeled away to avoid the bird’s onslaught, “Oops, this wasn’t supposed to happen,” he yowled loudly to SnowyOwl below. “Um, don’t worry though. I got this…. probably,” his voice trailed off as he began try swatting away the enraged bird.

Feared
    Participant

She blinked when he spoke with concern coloring his tone, a slight smile rising along her features as she gave a gentle shake of her head. “Oh, it definitely wasn’t fun when it happened.” She agreed with him, a small huff of air leaving her lips as she was brought back to her previous attack from the evil birds. “What right now?” She questioned, clearly surprised by his words and when he suddenly stood up, she felt the fur along her spine rise with uncertainty. “Oh.. Wait… maybe you shouldn’t..” SnowyOwl managed to say right before he leapt from the branch and started jumping from branch to branch in order to reach her favorite tree. She found herself chewing on her lower lip, feeling guilty for making the tomcat feel like he had an obligation to help her out with the scary situation. “Oh.. I’m going to be the reason he dies.” She complained quietly to herself, yellow eyes following his form as he climbed and jumped effortlessly, one of the many talents that SkyClan had to offer. Paper-thin ears laid flat against her skull in anxiety, watching as he got closer and closer. “Maybe I should help..” She muttered under her breath, but she was also worried about her white pelt being easily seen by the birds. Grunting faintly, she stood up from her sitting position, beginning to jump from branch to branch, the landings almost silent with a creak here and there from the gusto of her landing. 

Walking silently along a branch, three trees away from the tree that was harboring both the birds and now Honeysplash, ears suddenly standing upright as the shrill and clipped call of the birds warning scream caught her attention. Eyes widening slightly when she caught sight of the blue feathered bird suddenly taking flight to fight off the cat that was threatening its nest, chewing on her lower lip as she watched Honeysplash dodge and rear backwards in order to miss the sharp talons of the enraged bird. Eyes finding his face as he spoke, although he seemed confused and annoyed that the bird had actually seen him. The noise was so loud, she was worried they would wake the Clan. “Oh my StarClan… Honeysplash just leave them be! Don’t get hurt!” She hissed out of worry, a paw rising to cover her eyes so she didn’t have to see the bird ‘kill’ Honeysplash, although her curiosity got the best of her and she lowered her paw just enough for her eyes to peek over the white paw, continuing to watch the bird and cat dance in battle. 

Lux
    Participant

It’ll be alright, I’m going to teach them a lesson!” Honeysplash called out to SnowyOwl, who’s white pelt shone strikingly in the darkness below. ‘She’s rather pleasant,‘ he thought, charmed by the she-cat’s mannerisms. His attention snapped back to the jay, as it swooped past his ears and clawed his pelt. “Gah, they do hurt though! Why are they so mad?” he growled, frustration puffing his fur. ‘I’ll get you this time,‘ he rose to his haunches, preparing to tackle his quarry. As the bird attacked the golden tom launched himself forward, tackling and pinning it. The jay shrieked loudly and buffeted his head, causing his ears to ring. Disoriented and in pain, Honeysplash lost his footing and dropped heavily onto a branch further down the pine. Winded and shocked from the fall he released his prey. The jay retreated, leaving the pine tree to join its mate further into the woods. Honeysplash wheezed, feeling the pine needles prickle his skin. “I-I’m alright..!” he called out, feeling his bruised sides ache. “I doubt they’ll be coming back,” he chuckled softly. He rose unsteadily to his paws, grimacing at his throbbing side.

Feared
    Participant

Snowyowl ~ SkyClan Warrior

She grimaced as she watched the jay continue to land blow after blow on the poor cats pelt, her white fur beginning to prickle along her spine as she watched, her slim figure moving to where she stood up on her hind legs and pressed her forepaws tentatively against the rough bark of the pine tree, yellow eyes narrowed in worry. “Oh my… just walk away from them real slow! That one should-“ SnowyOwl blinked as she cut off her sentence when she watched Honeysplash leap towards the bird in a rather graceful manner, eyes watching the scene as he pinned the bird, looking rather pleased with himself before the bird starting to scream bloody murder. The sound was so shrill, that her ears laid flat against her cranium, paw rising from the trunk of the tree to press against one of her ears and looked down with her eyes pressing closed. Only when Honeysplash has fallen down a couple of branches and the shrill scream of the trapped bird had stopped, did she look back up, eyes widening with concern. 

“Honeysplash!” She called up, claws extending as she instantly starting to climb the trunk of the tree, her slim figure moving swiftly and gracefully as she weaved her way up the tree to where the poor tomcat had landed. “What were you thinking? You could have gotten yourself killed.” The she-cat spoke with a worried tone, gingerly testing her weight on the same branch before acknowledging it was thick enough to hold both of the cats weight. Carefully she walked over to him, her pure Snow White pelt ruffled and standing on end from worry. Getting close to the Tom cat she gently pressed her pink nose against his side, scenting for blood. The metallic smell did not reach her scent glands, lifting her muzzle from his pelt, her canary yellow eyes found his handsome face. “You are a crazy Tom.” She laughed softly, but she could see pain coloring his eyes. “What hurts? We should probably go see Saffrongaze to make sure you are alright.” The fae insisted, watching Honeysplash with concern but also… fascination. She wasn’t sure she knew of another cat who would have done that for her.. but then again she probably shouldn’t read too much into it. He was brave, that was for sure. 

Lux
    Participant

Honeysplash grinned as SnowyOwl approached, “Hey now, someone had to get rid of those jays! Though, unfortunately it seems we were pretty evenly matched. But, I swear I’m tougher than I look! Else I couldn’t have survived being Firebird’s brother.” He laughed heartily, causing the muscles along his side to blaze and throb. “But, m-maybe checking in with Saffrongaze would be a good idea.” He tried to ease the white she-cat’s worries with a smile, but his expression contorted with pain. “That landing might’ve been a little too rough, it hurts to breathe.” He took a few steps, testing his paws. Although unsteady, he felt confident in his ability to climb.  “Feels like I’ll have a nasty bruise. He turned, white tipped tail twitching with pain, as he began to descend the tree.

Midway he paused, blue eyes flashing in the moonlight as he peered up at SnowyOwl, “Oh, if you don’t mind, please don’t tell anyone. Especially not Firebird, I’d never hear the end of it.” He grimaced, resuming his clumsy descent.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Camp SkyClan Warrior’s Den Sleepless With the Stars [Closed]